User Reviews for Terbinafine to treat Tinea Pedis

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Terbinafine Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 89 medications used in the treatment of Tinea Pedis.

Reviews for Terbinafine

ThunderGoddess · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

“I was prescribed terbinafine for moccasin-type tinea pedis. I took one single pill and woke up the next day without a sense of taste. I am a chef. This drug has the potential to destroy my life, my livelihood, and my greatest source of happiness. My sense of taste has not yet returned, which terrifies me. I also proceeded to poop my guts out with the most painful diarrhea since having food poisoning a decade ago. I was sobbing on the toilet. DO NOT RECOMMEND. I have no idea how a drug this awful is allowed to remain on the market.”

LR April 26, 2019

“My podiatrist prescribed me generic terbinafine and to take it in pulses of one week on one week off, and so on. Well, I finished week one and was fine, just some headache and sore throat. But during my week off, I came up with a fever, & sore throat got worst. I slept it off and felt fine the next day. Told my podiatrist & he recommended I stop taking it...I was glad to stop, but, I notice new nail growing in. I wish I could continue treatment since I have been dealing with toenail fungus for 25+ years. Has anyone took it once a week instead of everyday? I’m thinking about just take one pill a week.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2018

“Been taking this medicine for 3 days now and I have been having hot 'n' cold flashes and a loss of energy. When will this stop?”

the lamborghini · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2018

“I was told I have a foot fungus (spreading to body), had very similar reaction as 1st reviewer, I have taken brand, Lamisil, with no problem and it worked, but not this generic brand.”

Scratchy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2018

“I was only able to stay on it for a month. I had seen some improvement, but the side effects were awful. Especially the insomnia affected every aspect of my life and health. Doctor switched me to the cream, which seems to be working well with no side effects.”

Littlekim · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2018

“Terbinafine works to curb athlete's foot flare ups within the first couple days, thankful for this medication! (Oral tablets)”

Anonymous August 23, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine): “Got rid of my toenail fungus. But I lost my sense of taste for 3 months. Nasty drug.”

athlete's foot · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine): “I can't believe how well this medicine worked! I had athlete's foot for five years on my left foot & for six months on my right foot. My entire left foot on the bottom & sides & in between my toes itched like crazy at times. Every day I suffered with my foot itching in the shower or whenever my foot sweated. I scratched so hard in the shower that my foot bled, and I really felt like I was suffering & that wasn't too strong of a word. I tried a few things that I read online & nothing helped. I finally tried Lamisil 1%, using it twice a day for six weeks & missing a few doses. Directions are for two weeks. It finally cured my athlete's foot! It's costly but worth every penny. I still use it occasionally to be on the safe side. I rate it 10*!”

BernardShakey · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2017

“Never works for me. N.B. I am talking about the ointment. It goes on greasy, is generally a nuisance, and then over the next couple of days the skin on top of my foot gets progressively puffier. The greasiness cannot be overstated. This makes the itching worse and you have to wear sandals even after you've quit using it.”

cr38 June 22, 2017

“Great drug, zero side effects- I would not believe any of the horror story side effect posts. Absolutely zero side effects but clear toe nails and resolution of horrible itchy rashes that plagued the bottom of my feet for years. My liver was fine the whole time. A breeze. 3 month course.”

Amadia · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine): “I had a monster athletes foot. After four or five days my feet stopped itching and they aren't yellow anymore. I will never buy the dollar store brand of antifungal ever again.”

Emily17 September 5, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine): “I got athletes foot from the shower room at camp in 2006. From then I had it off and on for years. Finally after years of discomfort and pain and so much itching that I would literally get open sores from it- I finally looked up the best product for athletes foot. And in a few days years of pain and discomfort were permanently gone! Don't ask me why I didn't try it sooner. I love this stuff. It's a little pricey but well worth it. You only need to use a small amount of product so the tube (I bought a cream) lasts for a long time. I believe it says to use it for a week- DO SO. Similar to an antibiotic, you have to use it even after you think it's gone. I didn't and it recurred a week later. Used it for a week and it hasn't come back since.”

Tul · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2013

“I used this on a tinea problem on my eleven year old. Initially it was extremely itchy, and I thought he was just being wimpy (shame on me as a parent), as he later developed a strong case of hives on the legs, which was exacerbated by swimming at a swimming pool. A strong red rash and hives resulted, before settling. He took an antihistamine tablet, with no further problems since.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2012

Lamisil (terbinafine): “I have been using the medicine for the past 8 days and it has shown results so far by controlling the spreading of vesicular tinea pedis.”

Anonymous September 27, 2011

Lamisil (terbinafine): “Under direction of my MD I took Lamisil for 7 weeks and my sense of taste disappeared. The past 8 weeks my taste has come and gone. Miserable side effect.”

kwkiwigirl August 28, 2011

“I had severe tinea on my feet for years until I went to a dermatologist who prescribed this medicine. I could not even wear summer sandals my feet were so dry and rashy. For the first week of taking terbinafine I felt very nauseous and dizzy and nearly stopped taking it, however I have seen an amazing improvement in my feet lately. I was also prescribed 10% Beta steroid cream in a cetamacrogol moisturiser to put on every day. I reckon the terbinafine has helped my overall health and skin.”

Anonymous May 29, 2011

Lamisil (terbinafine): “works great!”

LOrina January 28, 2010

Lamisil (terbinafine): “It took 3 weeks after I saw the improvements of my feet. I've been suffering from this every time my feet gets wet especially on rainy days but after I have Lamisil, tinea pedis doesn't exist anymore!. Thank you Lamisil!”

Learn more about Tinea Pedis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)