User Reviews for Terbinafine to treat Tinea Capitis

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Terbinafine has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Tinea Capitis. 33% of those users who reviewed Terbinafine reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Terbinafine Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Tinea Capitis.

Worse while on it... · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

“OK so far when I have taken this med the affects of the condition go into hyperdrive. Idk if this means it's working or getting all the nasty stuff from in my skin out once n for all but I also haven't been able to do a full course of this med. Others made symptoms worse while on it tho but I will go back to dr and get a new script I'll check back in after and leave another review. Right now I just found one I had left from before and took it it used to be with the others minutes after taking I'd have tons of "weeping" but right now it's fine n good.”

Swollen · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2018

“Took for two weeks. Severe rash on the trunk of my body and my cervical lymph nodes swelled up like a balloon. My ability to smell was also significantly affected. Stopped the medicine and went on steroids and am feeling better now.”

bogabear · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2018

“I have bald spots on my head which is caused by a fungus. I was told to treat this was by taking terbinafine. One went away while the other stayed, I start noticing the front of my hair is starting to fall out. Come to find out this is what's causes hair loss. Do not take this if you want to loose your hair.”

frankinsa June 22, 2008

Lamisil (terbinafine): “I've been taking the Terbinafine 250mg tab once daily for just over a month now and haven't had any noticeable side effects. My toenails have cleared up considerably and I still have 60 more days of treatment. I think if you take this medication as directed, with a full glass of water and do not drink alcohol excessively, you'll probably stand a better chance of complete success. This is the first treatment I have tried since they took the Lamisil Cream off the market that has worked.”

irishdeb1 June 3, 2008

Lamisil (terbinafine): “I have used lamisil before and was very pleased with the results. After the full course of medication my toenails looked much better. I had no side effects and I also have a seizure disorder, it worked great for me. My brother took it for the same reason and he had no side effects either. It worked for him as well. It was pricy but worth the results.”

Lanabblessed December 28, 2016

“My 7yr old is currently on this med she takes a half of a 250 once daily. She currently has a rash all over her chest and forehead ,dark urine, and a dry cough. It seems to be working on the ringworm but I'm very concerned about the side effects.”

Learn more about Tinea Capitis