User Reviews for Terbinafine (Page 2)

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Cutaneous Candidiasis 1.5
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 6.7 387 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

Njay · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Started Lamisil in October. I felt fine until about the third week and got very bloated and gassy. Doctor told me to do “pulse dosing” which was to take for a week then stop for three weeks. After a week off the medication I felt better. I started back and will take it as long as I can. Apparently, the efficacy is almost the same with the intermittent dosing. Just figure that the more I can keep taking it, the better and don’t feel the need to stop for three weeks. Will update.”

Moonriser · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “So I took terbinafine and this is the stuff that cleared my 2 toes from fungus that are now 100% recovered and no sign of it coming back. Terbinafine pills 3 months, I was also recommended to eat milk thistle at the same time to reduce possible liver damage. Use lamisil cream with a patch on each infected nail during the daytime. Use breathable footwear and get bamboo socks, you should also throw away old shoes and get a shoe uv-light sanitizer and use it once a week or so to kill possible growth of fungi inside the shoes. I have been clear now for almost a year and my feet are better than ever before, Just make sure to follow the steps above and you should see results. Wishing you all infected out there good luck with the treatment!”

Sammyax · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have had horrible toe nails for ten years plus and tried everything. Went to the doctors and was prescribed the tablets. Read the side effects and reviews and put off taking it for months. Eventually decided to give it a try and glad I did. No serious side effects and can definitely see new fresh nails growing. Looking forward to seeing nails in a few months!”

Furgie · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I am so sorry I ever took Terbinafine. I have a fungus on one of my toenails and my doctor prescribed this. Immediately I lost all sense of taste and smell, with the exception of a metallic taste in my mouth. I was determined to push through this but after a few days I started vomiting every time I took this pill. I have many rare side effects for a variety of drugs but this is the worse. I have had nausea consistently after beginning this. After 4 weeks side effects were so bad I stopped it. I am using an anti-nausea medication which is helping with that. The worst of all is that my liver enzymes have gone up and I am awaiting a scan of my liver.”

Blueyes78 · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Started 11-6-19 fatigued, sore throat so far nail is looking better.”

Cindy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I spent about 18 months trying all kinds of OTC or natural cures for my 3 fingernails infected with fungus. I didn't go to the doctor because I read the side effects from medication would be so horrible. Then one day I saw the fungus had spread to a 4th nail. This got me off my butt and I visited my dermatologist. He prescribed terbinafine for 6 weeks, and I determined to just push through the side effects. Yes, I experienced several, especially fatigue, gassy stomach, headaches, and metallic taste. But now after 4 weeks, my healthy nails are growing in great and look so nice. I have 2 more weeks on the pills, and I'm excited to almost be done! My dermo also prescribed generic Penlac nail lacquer, which is easy to use, and might add a little strength to the program.”

Bub · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I have been dealing with sensitive, red and swollen feet for 2 decades. I have spent tens of thousands on Dr.s and misdiagnoses. Not to mention pain to the point of requiring narcotic script to be able to walk on my feet. And I’m an old school outdoors man raised by ww ll vets in the woods of N.E. No whining allowed. I accidentally shone a black light on my feet while examining A/C ducts at home, they were Lime green. I told my doctor this and was prescribed Lamisil for 6 months. 3 months in now, a little irritable, a little depressed, very fatigued. But I can walk without pain. I wish someone figured this out back in 1990’s when it started. Seriously,it’s been a lifesaving drug.”

Tj · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 27, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This is the best drug ever for toenail fungus. I had this ugly as toenail for over 20 years nothing would work. I did this for about 2 months and I have the prettiest feet the lord has ever created lol I’m ready to go to the beach and show the pretty feet off lol”

Cheyenne October 25, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I’ve been dealing with bad toenail fungus on my big toe since I was little and I finally went to my doctor and she prescribed me with Terbinafine / lamisil . The only side effects where a headache and upset stomach but after a week it stopped, I saw results after 2 weeks my nail was dark yellow and thick and it’s now 6 weeks of treatment and all the yellow is gone and it looks a lot healthier my nail is growing out beautiful, I never thought I would get this problem fixed. Also to speed the process my doctor recommended clipping off the thick nail and filing it down. Hope this works for others .”

Dermabitoe October 24, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I took terbinafine for 14 weeks. I had a right big toe infection for 6 months , which then it moved to the left big toe, and I wasn’t having that. I started the medication in June 2019 and recently completed it. I lost my taste, I itched like a banshee, I got worse anxiety than usual, I had bowel issues and gas but....it is working. 2/3 of each toenail is now clear. My blood tests, which were checked twice, are fine. I would do it all again if I ever got that awful toenail infection again. It was gross. Thank you terbinafine.”

ThunderGoddess · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

For Tinea Pedis: “I was prescribed terbinafine for moccasin-type tinea pedis. I took one single pill and woke up the next day without a sense of taste. I am a chef. This drug has the potential to destroy my life, my livelihood, and my greatest source of happiness. My sense of taste has not yet returned, which terrifies me. I also proceeded to poop my guts out with the most painful diarrhea since having food poisoning a decade ago. I was sobbing on the toilet. DO NOT RECOMMEND. I have no idea how a drug this awful is allowed to remain on the market.”

Barbalicious October 12, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “So I've been on Lamisil for about a week. The one toenail was turning blackish. It's starting to look better already. The side effects I'm having is a dull headache and terrible flatulence. Also feel out of sorts.”

Slippy Jones · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I have been taking Terbinafine for 6 months and has not helped at all. My left thumb nail still looks like a kettle cooked potato chip. The three other nails are the same too, they were not as bad as the thumb nail to begin with, but still no changes. now what do I do. this stuff is not good for the liver and do NOT want to take it any longer due to no progress in helping me.”

Niki September 30, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “My podiatrist gave me this medicine for my toenail fungus that I have been fighting to get rid of. I took it exactly for a few months as she prescribed, went for few blood tests and did everything I was supposed to do. This did NOT help me at all. This medicine did nothing for me, not even small improvements. I am doing laser treatments now for my toe fungus (about 2 months) and I hope it helps. My toe nails grow really slow so I have to wait to see results. Also my podiatrist recommended Steri shoe. Apparently it kills fungus in your shoes and its a UV light that its supposed to kill it 99.9% of time. I hope it does as I use it in every shoe because you can treat the fungus but if you wear old shoes it will mostly come back on your nails. Also I leave my shoes outside under sun because sun heat kills fungus too.I did everything to get rid of this nasty bacteria (I used Jublia too for months -Nothing) and I really hope this works for me.”

Ninnie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 24, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I used terbinafine a few years ago for my toenails. I used it for 3 months and well, it did help the growth and evened them out and all but as far as the actual fungus there is still some there but not as bad. I got another 3 months dose back in June and have taken it all for fingernail fungus. I can't tell it has helped one bit. What a disappointment for even the little price I had to pay for it. I just hope I will see better results by the end of the year.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I was prescribed Lamisil for my toenails by my Doctor and it said to take it every day for three months and no alcohol. Then after one month I started itching then I got a rash but I stuck to it. Still going once a month to check my liver. I relialized the rash was from the medication removing all of my fungus from my body so I endured it. The rash went away and not only that all my toenails grow out new my skin was all around better. the warts on my fingers disappeared too. I am very pleased with this super drug. It’s been ten years now and nothing has returned. loved it...PS I don’t get dandruff anymore either. I recommend this stuff just endure it don’t stop or you have to begin again. Plus no alcohol while you take it for three months.”

Becky · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I was so nervous to try this, based upon all the scary reviews. I spend hundreds of dollars and hours with various other products and natural remedies, to no avail. Three months of this and my toenails are beautiful (it's taken about 3 more months for mostly healthy nails to grow back). Now I realize how much the infection bothered me and ruined my self esteem. I had some pretty bad gastrointestinal issues with it, but totally worth it for the peace of mind I now have. I also pretty much trashed all my shoes and bought new ones out of fear of recurrence. Plus I use a variety of over the counter antifungal treatments for maintenance. So far I'm so happy with the results!”

Ap · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have terrible toe nail fungus in all of my toes from a bad pedicure 1-1/2 years ago. I’ve been trying so hard to get rid of it they tried terbinafine and it did nothing and I was disappointed. And I was using Teatree oil, Peppermint oil and occasionally soak in vinegar. I also suffer from psoriasis although I haven’t had it for a long time; and I think it’s both psoriasis of the nails and fungal infection together that I’m dealing with under my nails. I’ve never had it on my toes before but maybe the stress of the fungus brought it on .”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

For Tinea Cruris: “I’m taking Terbinafine and just today I took my first pill...please wish me luck!”

Shine · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I took this drug for 14 days. I wish I would have never taken it. The rash that I have gotten from it has been happening for 6 weeks after I stopped taking it. It will show up somewhere on my body for about 30 minutes and then goes away only to show up somewhere else. I could take my fingernail lightly on my skin and you can see the welts form. I even took my fingernail lightly on my leg and wrote my name. Immediately it came up in welts. Freaked my doctor out as I did in front her and and within a minute you could see it. It is out of your bloodstream in about 4 days after you stop taking it but it stays in your skin, which is the largest organ of your body, and fingernails for up to 3 months. You might decide to take it after reading the negative experiences others have had but remember, the bad things that can happen will last for months! Is your situation really worth the risk?”

Waybad1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I have had fingernail fungus for about 5 years now. It starter on my left hand thumb and pointer finger. It has since spread to 6 total fingernails and all my toes. Only my big toes got thick and yellow. I don't believe I had a bad case compared to pics I have seen. I tried Ciclopirox for 8 months on all my toes and fingernails. It definitely helped especially since I ground down 3 fingernails and both big toes. But it got to be such a big pain I decided to try Lamisil. I taken a total of 21 pills in the last 60 days and what a difference!. My fingernails were clearing up after 14 pills. Completely growing back from the base of the nail up. All my small toes are clearer and the big toes too, just not as much. Zero side effects. I should have done this years ago!”

Niagara Don · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Toenail fungus on both big toes. Left one was 3/4 yellow - right one about half. I was prescribed a 12 week course and given enough for 90 days. No side effects until about 60 days - then I quickly developed a bad metallic/salty taste that ruined the taste of everything - even water. It was so bad that I stopped taking it after 79 days. 12 weeks is 84 days so I figured a few days wouldn't make a difference. I'm now about a month after stopping and my taste has returned slowly, week by week.....still can't taste chocolate properly. As for the effectiveness - it seems to be working really well - I can see a nice pink nail pushing up as the nail grows out - but it will likely take all year to fully grow out.”

fun.gal August 30, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “30yo F, generally healthy: My experience with terbinafine has been EXCELLENT. I'm usually pretty sensitive to meds so I was honest terrified to take this drug because of the reported side effects. But, after almost a full year of trying to topically cure my horrific toenails that I had neglected for ~15 years (they were so bad before I started treating them, I wish I could include photos), I finally went to the podiatrist for REAL treatment options. He said oral terbinafine for 12 weeks is truly the gold standard for toenail infections and that he rarely sees side effects in his patients. Cut to today; I haven't had any negative side effects after 9 weeks of treatment. I do feel a little jittery when I drink coffee, so I stopped drinking it. But that's it! Not bad, friends. Initial and repeat LFTs were totally normal. My toenails are now growing in normally for the first time in probably 5 years? My heels are smooth! TLDR: If you need it, give it a try. Good luck, I wish you the best.”

Somuchbetter · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I used terbinafine for 12 weeks as prescribed by my podiatrist. I noticed new nail clear growth within 6 weeks. 13 weeks out and my smaller toes look almost clear. Big toes take linger but they are definitely clearing up! I did have some side effects the first week when drinking coffee too closely to taking medicine (terbinafine reduces how fast your body gets rid of caffeine) so I just made sure to stick to one cup in the the morning and took my pill at lunch. Will be using antifungal shoe spray and prescribed gel to keep from coming back.”

Kamille August 11, 2019

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “This was a great medication when I took it on/off for 30 days I would forget a day or two took 30 tablets and then got a refill 5 tablets in or so and I started having a sore throat every night I thought it was Michigan weather in the summer or allergies so I let it go then I got this itty bitty white bump on the tip of my tongue that would not pop and was absolutely an 8/10 pain! I took Lysine hoping it would disappear nope still present and hurting next 2 days I took lysine less and then the bump got bigger and a 10/10 pain so I called the doctor and asked if I could stop it because I’m having a reaction about 40 pills in and could not imagine another 50 days of it. Amazingly the white bump is shrinking after just missing 1 day still slightly painful like 4/10. Not sure what will happen now but I gave a good rating because my toenails are growing back finally and no more discoloration. ”