User Reviews for Monistat 7 to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 7 has an average rating of 3.5 out of 10 from a total of 621 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 18% of those users who reviewed Monistat 7 reported a positive effect, while 62% reported a negative effect.

Monistat 7 Rating Summary

3.5/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat 7

LatinaNY75 · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2021

“This stuff burns and itches like crazy. I am on day 3 and after reading reviews, I should not be experiencing this on the 3rd day. I inserted the full dose per directions. It is lasting less time to go away. The first those was unbearable and it burned for 2 hours. Day 2 burned for one hour and day 3 about 30 minutes. It does seem to be working. I have way less itch and discomfort once the initial burn subsides. Do not get the single dose it looks like an egg and OMG its like a blow torch is in your lady part full blast.”

Morrisn May 30, 2021

“Oh my god. I wish. I prayed to god I would have read these comments before I used this stuff. I’ve never written a review but I had to. Please if you see this before you take it rethink everything... I am 8 months pregnant. Had to take antibiotics for a severe sinus infection. Then this happened - my first yeast infection. I know I’m a strong woman and this yet stuff had me crying. I was pacing around the room in tears because of the amount of immense pain I was and still am in. I’m on vacation for my fiancé’s brothers wedding and my dr called me in the prescription but I’m allergic to the category it falls into so I took this. I don’t know what to do. I will not be able to endure this pain again and I seriously can’t use another day of it. I’m throbbing down there. Swollen and it burns. I’m laying in bed crying. Please listen to me and the other comments.”

jaycee598 May 28, 2021

“First time ever using this product and I never leave reviews but OMG!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND!! I’ve never had my vagina burn this intensely!! As soon as I inserted it I was burning I tried to lay down but I could not. I got up immediately and tried to wipe it away which made it worse, so I hopped in the shower for 15 minutes to feel relief and once I got out there was still a little burning and my YI was no where near this bad.”

Jenny July 28, 2020

“I am so itchy!! What did you guys do to stop it? I want to place both hands in there and just scratch! I feel like I’m going insane. It’s also burning and I’m only on day one. If I move too much the itching gets worse!! I hope this only means the medicine is working”

Dee January 16, 2020

“MY EXPERIENCE: I had got a yeast infection about 2 weeks ago and was recommended this product. At first I was skeptical about purchasing this because I had read the reviews and majority of them were about how it burns and makes the vagina feel like acid was thrown in it. When I first put in the cream, it was in the morning time, not the night time so when I went to school 30 minutes after insertion, I was squirming wildly in my chair and pretzeling my legs to fight the urge. So, it’s best to use it at night. It burns because it’s eating away at the yeast infection and curing you. The second day wasn’t that bad, I experienced mild burning but I knew it was working so I stuck it out. On the third day, the burning and itching of my genitals were minimized. And as I was near the end, my symptoms were completely gone but I still put in cream the last day to make sure. Don’t let these other comments deter you from taking care of your sacred part.”

Ari May 7, 2021

“So I have had a yeast infection for quite some time and was told to get monistat 7. As soon as I inserted into my vagina it tingled then burned liked lava. LIKE OH MY GOODNESS. But It’s day 3 and I have not had any more symptoms of my yeast infection. No itchy, no burning or nothing. It works, but OMG could they make a cream that doesn’t feel like lava inside you”

Jay February 16, 2020

“First night experienced minor discomfort and slight burning feeling. Rating the burn from 1-10 it was a 1. Second night was about the same with no burning. But OMG the internal itching inside on day 3 has me so uncomfortable I can’t stop squirming. Did this happen to anyone else?”

J · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2020

“To the people leaving terrible reviews on Monistat - just scrolled by Soooo many so I figured I’d leave my two cents. This products does warn of it burning and this is simply the effect of the ointment getting off the yeast fungus. Think about it, you have living bacteria and fungi within that’s being eradicated - you’re bound to feel something in an area with so many nerve endings. There’s definitely a stark difference between an allergic reaction and a side effect! Remember to read the caution label where it says if burning persists for too long to discontinue use and consult with a physician! Anyways! This product has never failed to me and is my main go to whenever I have a YI.. unfortunately I suffer from them semi frequently.”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

“I’m pregnant and my doctor said the 7 day treatment is al they can recommend me taking for now. So I did exactly that. Before taking this my itching was very minimal it was hard to tell if it was even a yeast infection or minimal irritation but it has been a couple days so I decided to go with treatment. Tonight was my first day of treatment and I went to sleep right after application and OMG I woke up out if my sleep with HORRIBLE ITCHING and BURNING. I want to get better but this is literally 10x worse than my before symptoms. Only thing taking my mind off it is reading all the reviews knowing I’m not the only one. This is insane.”

Miccee March 11, 2021

“The pain from this first use is so bad and the only reason I’m not stomping around screaming is because of all these horrible reviews. Why is there no giant warning on this product?? It burns so bad. Just rub a habanero directly into your eyeball if you want to see if you can tolerate this pain before purchase. I’ll say after an hour the burn is mostly just back to itch for me, though I am using an ice pack which is helping. This product would not exist if men could get vaginal yeast infections.”

Miranda · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“Yes, It may burn! This is only for the first application as it is doing it’s job and killing the yeast. Your vaginal walls are raw from the infection so it will be an irritant but it truly does work. I just finished my full treatment yesterday and even though the first day was painful with a swollen labia (I took it during the day so all of the medicine basically oozed out and collected in my panties) I continued on and my symptoms were mostly gone by the third day. Be sure to keep the box beside your bed and do it after your night time routine. This way you can stay in a position where the cream won't fall out. Good luck and keep at it!”

Virginia09 · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

“I'm writing this review at 2am because the pain is so intense I can't sleep. I wish I would have read these reviews before buying the 7 day monistat because this is pure torture! Night 1 felt as if some evil flame throwing person was hosting a conference in my vagina. However, I took pain medicine and eventually fell asleep. Night 2 and 3 were slightly uncomfortable but eased up after about 30 minutes and I went to sleep. I'm now on night 4 and it feels like little fires everywhere! Seriously, inside my vagina all the way to my butt hole is itching and burning. It is so bad I attempted to wipe it out but that made it worse. Pain medicine isn't helping. I even took melatonin to try and knock myself out but that's not working either. WHAT IS IN THIS STUFF????? I will not be finishing the remaining 3 days. It sucks I went through 4 days of lava burns but I just can't do it anymore. The actual YI was nowhere near this painful! If you can, just get a prescription.”

Boop · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

“This is my first yeast infection so of course I was freaking out when I started itching and my vagina started to swell. I called my doctor and was told to get this product and use for 7 days. I didn’t wait till bedtime and chose to use it...BIG MISTAKE! I squatted and injected the cream...couple minutes after it burned but it stopped a little while (about 10-15 minutes later) but it left me sore. However, the following morning I felt better! The swelling was gone and I no longer uncomfortable. I’m now on Day 2 and I injected it laying on my back, knees bent and immediately laid down . This time it slightly burned but overall it was good ! I recommend using this. Don’t let the first day scare you! It gets better. It is better to lay flat on your back with your knees bent to inject the cream and immediately lay down so that it won’t come out and cause burning. For the first dosage, try reduce liquids because urinating after you have applied the cream will be a big discomfort.”

Moe August 24, 2020

“Read this all the way through please, I have used monistat plenty of time to tell you that IF IT IS BURNING THEN ITS NOT A YEAST INFECTION!!! It maybe as STI or just an ordinary bacterial infection like BV and you should go to your doctor. Monistat works for me. And I’m not say this like I’m an expert on yeast and vaginas, but I know that Monistat ONLY works on yeast, and that alone..”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

“27 weeks pregnant with a yeast Infection. My doc recommend that I use Monistat 7. My first day burned like lava!! I almost went to the ER, 2nd day not so bad but now I'm on my 3rd day and the burning with intense itching is back!! Sooo uncomfortable I can barely stand it.. I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through the whole 7 days...”

Jeeeeezzzuuuuzzzzz · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“I have had a yeast infection before and used monistat 1 which is the pill like insertion and it was heaven it went away so fast no burning no smearing no discomfort. This time I got the infection again like 2 years later and I got monistat 7 and oh my goodness it's a literal living nightmare. It makes it sooo itchy and I was squirming for like 10 mins because I couldn't stand the irritation I had to wipe it completely off and I'm trying to pee it out because it's making it worse. I would never recommend monistat 7 to anybody always monistat 1 ladies!!!”

Persistent YI · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2019

“I had been dealing with a YI that would not go away after multiple treatments and Monistat 7 was the first thing that actually worked. THE KEY TO PREVENT THE MOST ITCHING AND BURNING IS INSERTING THE CREAM WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY LYING DOWN!!! What causes the burning and itching is when it leaks out of your vagina, so lie down and don’t get up after you insert it. I realized this after the first night (it was very itchy for me the first night). Yes there are side effects, but this medicine actually works! If you want your yeast infection to be gone, tough it out and finish all 7 nights! Also for me the itching and burning didn’t last for more than an hour before it went down so just be patient.”

do not use this!!!!! · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2021

“okay so this is my first yeast infection and I was too embarrassed to call my doctor (which I shouldn’t have been because it’s common and ok to ask for help!!) but anyways do NOT use any kind of Monistat product if you have sensitive skin or a low pain tolerance because it burns so much worse than the actual infection. Go talk to your doctor to see what’s the right move. I’m currently sitting on the couch with an ice pack in between my legs because I am in so much pain. I never leave reviews on anything but I don’t want any other woman going through what I and others have gone through while using this product. I’ll be seeing my doctor real soon.”

Boymom · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

“I’m 8 months pregnant with an YI and I thought it would go away on it’s own but that was the biggest mistake ever!! I started the Monistat 7 tonight and the burning made me cry. I don’t want the YI cause the itching irritates my soul but the burning is definitely no better”

Anonymous February 6, 2020

“After taking antibiotic for BV, felt like I was getting a yeast infection so got Monistat 7. Used externally the first day which burned for a good while, then felt better. Inserted at bedtime and the burning started again. I have not used Monistat in many years, but I remember it as soothing, not painful. I don't know what they changed about it but they need to change it back. After about an hour the burning seems to have let up a little. From reading all the other reviews at least I know I'm not the only one who is aflame. On the up side, got a little comic relief from some of the reviews. Not that I think everyone's pain is funny, but some of the descriptions are very colorful. But seriously they need to fix this product because it didn't used to hurt so much. Update - the second night burning was not as bad. I think after the medication had a couple of days to heal me, the rawness from the infection was better and therefore less burning. The third night burning was very minimal.”

Melyndak · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2021

“I am abandoning this treatment on day three because it is extraordinarily uncomfortable to use - it basically feels like a combination of ants biting my cervix and a case of poison ivy in my vagina. It is worse than the yeast infection itself. I suffered through the first couple days, which were pretty bad, but tonight I just couldn’t take it and I used my bidet to try to rinse as much of this Monistat hot sauce out of me as possible. It was either that or felt like using scratcher up in there to try to ease the itch and pain.”

WTH!! · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2020

“FIRST!! let me just say I just wasted my $19. I went to the urgent care this week because I was unable to get a GYN appointment due to my dr being fully booked. In the urgent care they did all my STI tests and they all came back negative and was just given a diflucan which doesn't usually help. I took it up on myself to try monistat for the first time and LET ME TELL YOU THAT THING WAS BURNING MY BITS OFF I HAD to JUMP IN THE SHOWER WITH THE COLD WATER RUNNING!!!!”

Brittany · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2020

“I used this product Monistat 7 for three days. The first night I was fine then night two everything was on fire the 3rd night I couldn't go threw it anymore so I went to the ER everything was 5 times the size down there it and it was on fire - I was in so much pain. You know what I don’t understand why can they keep selling this stuff if there’s so many girls saying this is happening to them.”

First time · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

“I’m currently pregnant and my OB recommended I tried Monistat to help with my YI, I just tried it less then 30 minutes ago & OMGGGGG the worst pain ever I can’t handle the burning or itchiness IDK which one because I am in so much pain & discomfort. This is the first night IDK how I’m supposed to do it for another 6 nights. Will be calling my OB tomorrow to see if there is an alternative because this stuff is AWFUL!!”

Kay June 6, 2020

“I have used Equate 7 Day before with success, did have some burning a bit when I inserted, but it was tolerable. I used Monistat 7 last night and within two hours I was awake with unbelievable BURNING and itching. I couldn't sleep, it was so uncomfortable. The pain I felt was enough that I almost panicked. I wiped off as much as I could and used a cool rag to help. I finally got an ice pack and put that there for 20 minute increments. It was miserable. I was up for hours, then finally was able to sleep around 4 a.m. I feel swollen and irritated this morning, with some itching but I walk like I've got on a full diaper. I'm seriously not sure what to do now....can't do another night like that.”

Chrissey · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2021

“First night of using monistat 7 was extremely uncomfortable, after inserting the cream it started to tingle and it felt a bit disturbing; but then it started to feel itchy inside then the burning start and OMG it was unbearable. I wish I could have washed it out of my vagina, I had to stuck it out but afraid to even insert the second dose.”

Ki · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“It says that it may mildly increase itching, burning & irritation but I swear it’s severe! I was hardly itchy before using this product like the infection had just began and this made it 10x worse! I would never use this again I wanted to cry I couldn’t do anything but lay down.”

Maria · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

“I was on (2) antibiotics because of a toothache. The antibiotics caused a yeast infection. The day I noticed the infection was when it was painful to wipe. I went and purchased monistat 7 because it was low dosage over a few days which seemed reasonable because my infection did not seem severe. I used the inserted cream 7 nights straight, refrained from sex, and it cleared by the 6th day. It is uncomfortable at night. I was very fidgety, and the topical cream I only used twice because it felt too hot on me. The first two days after treatment, my vagina still felt wonky (medicine was still leaking) but there was no pain or itch. 3rd day after the 7 day treatment, everything is back to normal. Though super annoying, it was totally effective and worth it in my experience.”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection