User Reviews for Monistat 7

Monistat 7 Rating Summary

2.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat 7 to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I experienced extreme burning for the first 3 nights using this medication. I had to discontinue medication due to the unbearable burning and irritation. My skin became more inflamed while taking this cream. I read reviews and while most of them said there would be some burning or irritation this pain I was experiencing was too much. I couldn’t sleep on the nights I used this medication and on the last day I decided to use it, it burned so much that I had to scrape it out. This product is NOT for everyone. "

TayeJ.G (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

"HOLY MOLY, THIS STUFF BURRRRRNS! Like pouring lemon juice on a paper cut. The itch that goes along with it is just insufferable but is definitely overshadowed by the fire-on-your-lady-parts feeling. I've used the Equate version many times in the past, but the Monistat brand was all that was in stock this time so I went ahead and bought it assuming it was the same. No, no, noooooo. Never again! Now after reading so many reviews online, I'm wondering how this stuff is even still on the shelf! It seems like the vast majority have had horrendous burning and itching using this. I will definitely not use this vagina torture cream ever, ever again."

Chi (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

"Whoever invented this medicine must hate women. I just took my third dose and the itching and burning did not get better. It's torture."

Fire Crotch (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

"I decided to buy the Monistat 7 for a yeast infection thinking it was the same product I used in the past. I looked at the reviews and did not heed the warnings. Oh boy I definitely should have. The applicator is not as user friendly as I would have liked it to be and the cream... don’t even get me started on that new age torture devise. Please don’t buy the product and definitely read the reviews first. The reviews are not good for a reason. Call your doctor and get a prescription instead unless you are a masochist and like that kind of pain. It feels like acid in your vagina. DO NOT BUY!"

Painful1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

"Started using a bath water additive four night ago. First mistake. Today I noticed signs of a YF so I decided to get on top of it. Went to the store and picked up a monistat 7 rushed back home and inserted the cream. BIG MISTAKE. Immediately I started burning like I had inserted fire ants. Grabbed my phone and googled M7 and would not have believe what I was reading had I not been in the same situation. Had to fill the tub with cool water to rinse in and cool it all down. Wish I'd read the reviews first"

BABS (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

"I’ve never had a yeast infection before and the itchiness was a awful so I thought the monistat would help because I trusted the commercials. I wish I did more research on it before it literally made my life hell for 3 hours!! Nothing but intense burning and itching I started crying because of the pain. I’m making way to an Urgent care center because my gynecologist office is closed. But I have to say that after I rinsed it off and out I put some coconut oil to soothe the pain and itching and that helped. So if you’ve used it and you’re already feeling the burn and itch rinse it out and try tea tree or coconut oil but make sure it’s pure and organic"

Trust Me (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

"Okay so this isn't my first time getting one of these and I always use the 3 day capsule treatment and have been fine afterwards. This time, I'm not sure if it was from the Plan B I took (I remember getting a YI after taking a Plan B and using Latex Condoms last year) we all make mistakes. I inserted it and instantly felt a tiny burn, then, it felt like icy hot was all in my vaggy. I woke up to an intense itching and I rushed to the bathroom so fast. I'm using Always Infinity Pads to help with the leakage. The first couple of pads where filled with the cream and I of course got paranoid. One thing that helps with the intense itching, is the Cortizone 10 Anti-itch Feminine Cream. It gives a soothing sensation and has helped me A LOT. I'm currently experiencing some nausea. Oh, please don't forget the Cortisone 10 Anti-itch Feminine Cream, it's in a pink box! It works wonders while this goes on."

UnsureButPositive February 24, 2018

"Oh boy I came searching for answers to the major issues with the monistat 7 I am having. The itch inside me is just unbelievable. I am going tomorrow to find a better solution. This day 3 and I can't stand it anymore."

Itchy and scratchy February 23, 2018

"So I have been on Clindamyacin 300mg for about 1 week now due to an infected wisdom tooth. My grandpa warned me that it may cause a yeast infection but I blew it off because it had never happened to me before. Needless to say one week later and I realized (embarrassingly, during intercourse with my bf), that I do in fact have a yeast infection. In hopes of skipping the awkward doctor’s appointment I decided to try this first. Worst idea ever. I have never experienced such discomfort in my life. As soon as you insert this poison there is an immediate burning like fire and an itch that you can’t scratch since it is inside of your body. I couldn’t even handle 15 minutes of this before I began attempting to get this stuff out of my body. I cannot get it out and I am miserable. My vagina is on fire and I want to sue Monistat for putting me through this medieval torture. Do not put this inside of your body. You will regret it."

Vaginal Torture (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

"Oh my god... this product is terrible it burns so bad. I’m a swimmer so I’m always swimming and wet. I don’t get yeast infections often but this one was triggered by antibiotics. I went and got Monistat 7 and it just made the burning worse. It’s been 3 days and the burning is still bad. I recommend Monistat 1 bc it’s less messy and seems to work better."

Swimmer with dreams01 February 17, 2018

"Ok first I never write reviews but I found myself on google looking up this stuff. I have used canesten all my life if I've ever needed it and usually you feel relief to your symptoms upon insertion, in fact it feels nice. I expected the same with this. (it was cheaper thats why I bought it, lesson learned) I walked out of the bathroom and immediately wondered if it was an allergic reaction. I went on with my day swearing this cream was making things worse. I put it in again at bedtime and squirmed/itched all night but I figured it was just "doing its job". After a few hrs of not using it, the itching cleared and the initial yeast infection itch was far more tolerable. I just put it in again and Im washing it out. The burn and itch is insane!!! Do not buy"

burningholeofhell February 10, 2018

"So today I went out and bought monistat 7 day. I don't normally get yeast infections haven't had one for a few years but when I do get them I get them pretty severe, The last time that I got a really bad yeast infection I bought monistat 1 day which worked fantastic didn't cause any pain or discomfort like it said it would. Today is day one on monistat 7 and I don't feel any discomfort it doesn't burn so I would recommend using monistat day 7 as I said before it's only the 1st day so we'll see how it works as I proceed to to 7th day."

BMaeHill January 26, 2018

"This is so horrible, it's my first YI and I thought it was normal for the absolute intense burning and itching. I tried going the full night, I applied it at 8:45pm and it didn't stop itching and burning on the inside until past 10pm. I'm now up at 2:30am with more symptoms and I use the bathroom and tried to clean it all off but it started burning more intensely. Going to talk to my parents about going to a gyne, even tho I'm terrified of them, it seems so much better than dealing with this a second night "

Miserable and in pain horrible January 26, 2018

"First YI. Insert cream and now my woman part is killing me! The itching got so bad my husband laughed bc I looked funny squirming around and wiggling. Worst vagina pain ever. I just want it gone. I tried to wash it out but it didn’t help. Took Benadryl which has slowly helped. My poor thing was swollen! Hate this stuff and will never use it again. It should come with a warning label! God help it!!"

Wigglebottoms (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

"The first time I used Monistat 7, the first night consisted of terrible itching and burning inside my vagina for a good 15 minutes. The 6 days after that, there was no burning or itching upon inserting the cream and it cured the infection. Now, 4 months later, I have the same symptoms so I used Monistat 7 again. Again, terrible itching and burning. This is the first night. So, I'm confident that it will cure the infection again. Monistat 3 did nothing."

WinterNight (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2018

"I will never ever ever ever use this product again, I wish I had pulled up these reviews before getting it. I tried it for the first time last night and within seconds of inserting the cream I had a horrible burning! I waited 10 minutes to see if it would get better but it just started burning more I finally got up and went to the shower and washed as much out as I could get. I will say today the itching and burning I usually have is not there but I believe it is because this cream killed my nerve endings in my Vagina! Monistat 7 is HELL FIRE!"

coolmomma (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

"I don't have any complaints about monistat 7 other than I hate that it takes so many days . It has helped with all my symptoms and I'm on day 5"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

"I was told to use this by my doctor on the outside of my vagina and I am in so much pain. I am taking diflucan and the doctor thought this would ease the pain on the outside and it’s done the opposite. I have a call in now. I thought I used this before and never had such a horrible burn."

Shelby Ann January 16, 2018

"I give this a 5/5. I think I’ve had a YI before, because this awful event was familiar. I’ve never gone to the dr for it and this time I decided to try this product. I read the warning and was nervous but did it anyways since I bought it with the intention. It kind of hurt to do and for the next half an hour I continued to be itchy and sore and an ICY HOT equivalent burning started to take place. But now I feel a cool numbing sensation. I also used the external creme. And they came with wipes for in public or whatever. I look forward to this feeling again tomorrow. I hope it clears everything else up as well."

IAlwaysWorry. January 11, 2018

"Omg you guys it’s the worst thing ever. After I applied the application into my vagina it started to burn and itching SO BAD. I couldn’t even sleep right now, I’ve been going to pee and tried to wash it off for like 5 times since I applied it. I don’t think that I will use this again tomorrow night.. If you have YI please ask your doctor for something else (please not this)"

Joli3 January 6, 2018

"I am on Day 4 of the monistat 7 cream. I am also on my cycle. So when I say this hasn’t been the best experience I mean it. Day 1 and 2 was terrible!! I literally wanted to push it out of me! Day 3 there was still a good amount of burning but it wasn’t as bad as the other days. And Day 4, which is today, literally has been the best of all days, burning has decreased a great deal. I really didn’t think I could do it for 7 days. But my symptoms have become bearable and really almost nonexistent. I wanna give it bad reviews for the formula, it needs to be changed immediately! But I feel that it has helped me a lot as well. So I guess you have to take the good with the bad."

tornbuyer December 27, 2017

"Horrible severe burning! This can't possibly be right. Going to try and wash it out now. Much more painful than the yeast infection. I'm on day 1 and I won't be taking more."

MiserableBurning December 20, 2017

"Haven't had a yeast infection in several years but I remember using Monistat 7 to cure it. So picked up some Monistat, inserted it at bedtime and was almost instantly in the most horrible pain imaginable."

Copper top December 13, 2017

"I had a YI before but I tried the 3 day before and it was never this uncomfortable. Today I bought the 7 day one the cream that goes inside is the most unpleasant feeling that it’s burning and the cream that goes outside is making it more itching. I feel like crying !!!! Never again will I be lazy and I’ll just go to the doctor"

Forevergen91 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

"So I am 25 and this is my first YI and OMG I never want to get another...I am trying Mobistar 7, this is the first night and I just know I will get no sleep tonight. I really hope to feel some relief tomorrow because I can’t do 7 days of this kind of hell..."

Uncomfortable and annoyed (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017