User Reviews for Monistat 7

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Monistat 7.

Monistat 7 Rating Summary

2.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat 7 to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I will never ever ever ever use this product again, I wish I had pulled up these reviews before getting it. I tried it for the first time last night and within seconds of inserting the cream I had a horrible burning! I waited 10 minutes to see if it would get better but it just started burning more I finally got up and went to the shower and washed as much out as I could get. I will say today the itching and burning I usually have is not there but I believe it is because this cream killed my nerve endings in my Vagina! Monistat 7 is HELL FIRE!"

coolmomma (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

"I don't have any complaints about monistat 7 other than I hate that it takes so many days . It has helped with all my symptoms and I'm on day 5"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

"I was told to use this by my doctor on the outside of my vagina and I am in so much pain. I am taking diflucan and the doctor thought this would ease the pain on the outside and it’s done the opposite. I have a call in now. I thought I used this before and never had such a horrible burn."

Shelby Ann January 16, 2018

"I give this a 5/5. I think I’ve had a YI before, because this awful event was familiar. I’ve never gone to the dr for it and this time I decided to try this product. I read the warning and was nervous but did it anyways since I bought it with the intention. It kind of hurt to do and for the next half an hour I continued to be itchy and sore and an ICY HOT equivalent burning started to take place. But now I feel a cool numbing sensation. I also used the external creme. And they came with wipes for in public or whatever. I look forward to this feeling again tomorrow. I hope it clears everything else up as well."

IAlwaysWorry. January 11, 2018

"Omg you guys it’s the worst thing ever. After I applied the application into my vagina it started to burn and itching SO BAD. I couldn’t even sleep right now, I’ve been going to pee and tried to wash it off for like 5 times since I applied it. I don’t think that I will use this again tomorrow night.. If you have YI please ask your doctor for something else (please not this)"

Joli3 January 6, 2018

"I am on Day 4 of the monistat 7 cream. I am also on my cycle. So when I say this hasn’t been the best experience I mean it. Day 1 and 2 was terrible!! I literally wanted to push it out of me! Day 3 there was still a good amount of burning but it wasn’t as bad as the other days. And Day 4, which is today, literally has been the best of all days, burning has decreased a great deal. I really didn’t think I could do it for 7 days. But my symptoms have become bearable and really almost nonexistent. I wanna give it bad reviews for the formula, it needs to be changed immediately! But I feel that it has helped me a lot as well. So I guess you have to take the good with the bad."

tornbuyer December 27, 2017

"Horrible severe burning! This can't possibly be right. Going to try and wash it out now. Much more painful than the yeast infection. I'm on day 1 and I won't be taking more."

MiserableBurning December 20, 2017

"Haven't had a yeast infection in several years but I remember using Monistat 7 to cure it. So picked up some Monistat, inserted it at bedtime and was almost instantly in the most horrible pain imaginable."

Copper top December 13, 2017

"I had a YI before but I tried the 3 day before and it was never this uncomfortable. Today I bought the 7 day one the cream that goes inside is the most unpleasant feeling that it’s burning and the cream that goes outside is making it more itching. I feel like crying !!!! Never again will I be lazy and I’ll just go to the doctor"

Forevergen91 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

"So I am 25 and this is my first YI and OMG I never want to get another...I am trying Mobistar 7, this is the first night and I just know I will get no sleep tonight. I really hope to feel some relief tomorrow because I can’t do 7 days of this kind of hell..."

Uncomfortable and annoyed (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

"I used Monistat as a last resort. I went to the gyno and she told me I had a YI, and she prescribed me with a 7 day treatment similar (assuming better) than monistat 7. I went to get it and no pharmacy’s where I live would have the product for at least three days. I COULDN'T not do anything because I’d had this infection for about 2 days already and I had to try something. The first night I used it, IT WAS BAD. It was a burning pit in my vagina! I don’t cry easy and this was so painful that I just sat in an ice bath for about an hour. And even after it still burnt and I didn’t sleep a whole lot. I tried again the next night and the same thing happened. Please don’t use this, not even as a last resort. The pain was unbearable."

I’m pain December 4, 2017

"This is the absolute worst. I’ve had yeast infections in the past and always purchased store brand creams. This time around I gave Monistat a try and I hate it and my life. Not only have my actual symptoms not improved, but when I use it, it burns so bad. It’s a mix of itching and burning. I’m going to buy the equate brand today."

Bella512 December 3, 2017

"Monistat 7 is the absolute worst thing you can use for yeast infection. The burning, leakage, itching, and inflammation is ridiculous. I do not recommend this to anyone. The company need to go back to the lab and fix this stuff."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

"I want to sit on a tub of ice. I'm on day 3 of seven. I'm trembling. I'm tingling and afraid to breath. All I did was take some antibiotics. This is barbaric."

Milkymuffin November 29, 2017

"I NEVER write reviews, but after trying to use this product I felt a duty to warn everybody!! I barely had a YI, I had gotten it from the antibiotics I was on. Honestly within 10 minutes of having this in I was burning like a bat out of hell, I was so damn itchy . I rushed to the store to get the “azo yeast” to get relief from the cream that was suppose to be helping me. I am writing this now in my shower trying to get this product out. I wish I would have looked at reviews before I bought this. WORST PRODUCT EVER. SAFE YOURSELF AND JUST CALL A DOCTOR."

Vicki125 November 17, 2017

"I've been having chronic yeast infections, for about 5 months up until about a month or so ago; took and used (using right now), the Monistat 7. Maybe just me, but I've had yeast infection stings, burns, etc. worse than the cream, it's honestly not THAT bad. Still extremely curious on what's in it and what it does inside of you."

Extremely Curious November 16, 2017

"PSA: THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE! I am on day 2 of this treatment and I have never been in so much agonizing pain. I wish I would've seen all of these reviews before inserting this into my body. My legs won't stop trembling/twitching because my vagina is burning and I just want to flush it all out. Guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight.."

*crying* November 14, 2017

"Wow, a lot of people have had experiences with this. I've used this product once before years ago and it worked fine then. I've never taken any other medication for a YI aside from a 7 day treatment. I switched to a new brand of soap (ULTA brand shower gel) and my vagina wasn't really the same. After using wayyyy too much other scented soap (dumb, I know) I realized I had a problem so I bought the Monistat 7 day. I get a lot of itching shortly after application, but no burning or discomfort. Sometimes it itches through out the day, but it's nothing unbearable. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working just fine. I don't think I'll ever take a 1 or 3 day application. I'm 27, never had kids, have sex about once a month."

Butts McGee 73 November 12, 2017

"I will never never never use this in my life ever again. The first day I was incredibly itchy, the burning sensation was horrible. I'm on day 4 and the burning sensation is getting worse and so it the itch. I'm only trying to finish the 7 day process because its my first YI and I'm scared to try something else, since I already started with this. but horrible horrible"

Anonymous November 10, 2017

"First time user...Never again!!! Never. My yeast infection was very minimal. First night it burned like crazy, and itched to the point wear I had to soak in a bath tub to keep from clawing my vagina off. Second night I had such bad cramps that I just stopped. Third day my discharge has increased. I made an appointment with the Gyno, & was cured with one pill."

Va Jeen October 29, 2017

"Holy moly did they change the formula of this?? I get yeast infections regularly (I have rosacea so I have to take antibiotics every day=lots of yeast infections)...I usually use generic CVS yeast infection medicine with no problems, but I was at a different store so I bought Monistat 7...I’m on night 4 and I’m so tired of the almost unbearable itching that occurs right after I insert this!! It seems like it takes a good hour or more to die down. All I can do during that time is grit my teeth and clench my fists. It’s horrible! I will NEVER buy this again!!!"

ClyBby (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

"Monistat 7 is great. It does not cause burning like the 1 or 3 day version. It might be the burning everyone has experienced may be because you have a bacterial infection instead. Just make sure when using Monistat 7, that you are in fact treating a yeast infection. Good luck!"

Stacy231 October 13, 2017

"I remember using this monistat 7 years ago and I cannot remember it being this awful!!! The minute I inserted the cream on day 1 I felt it burning!!! It feels like your vagina is on fire on the inside and the itching sensation is horrible. It went on for like 1 hour. I had to take a painkiller to try and alleviate this horrible pain/sensation. Now on day 2 and the burning/itching sensation was still there but only lasted for about 15 minutes. Not sure if I will have the guts to try for the next 5 days. Hard to believe that this is a normal side effect. I do not recommend this to anybody."

Burning out of control (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

"The song" fire" comes to mind. After inserting cream immediate pain, itch and burning. I thought I was going to die and became short of breath. I showered I prayed for Gods mercy and it worked. There was some cramping but mild"

venez (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

"Day 2: My vag is on fire from the inserts. This is horrible, I can't even get comfortable enough to even sleep!! I may have to see my doc tomorrow this medication is not worth the increased pain I am feeling."

Janay1987 September 14, 2017