User Reviews for Monistat 7

Learn more about Monistat 7.

Monistat 7 Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat 7 to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"This by far was the worst experience of my entire life... The pain was immediate after inserting the medication, it burns and itches like HELL!! Within 5 minutes after use I was crying in pain, and after 10 minutes I was in the shower trying to wash it out. Now I'm stuck here with an ice pack on my vagina and even more pain than I was in. DO NOT USE THIS! I wish I had read the reviews before I used this instead of just taking someone's word for it, I'll never make that mistake again!"

Jessica Leanne Cannon May 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrible burning, made my itch even worse after application, I used this two previous times 2014 and 2016 with good results but not this time apparently the formula was changed cause the pain and itch is unbearable !!! Don't buy this Monistat 7 it's. instead go to the doctor . I'm even crying ugh!!!"

SashaBlue95 April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"23 yrs old and I've never had a YI before, started getting symptoms of one 2 days before I had my wisdom teeth pulled (yesterday) and I guess the anitobiotics made it worse.. it's currently 3:30 am (1 hour after application) the original itching was so bad I went out at 2 am, came home and inserted the cream and instantly I thought I was allergic because of the BURNINGGGGG. The burning subsided SOME after about 30 mins and now it feels like flame throwing fire ants are crawling in and out of my vagina, omg.. my 5 month old son will be awake soon and I'm in tears with an ice pack between my legs.. I hate Monistat"

Anonymous April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yesterday was day 7 of treatment using Monistat 7. I have had just one YI before this, and that was many years ago, when everything was done by prescription. I found the applicator(s) easy to use, and experienced very, very mild exterior itching after the third application. No burning inside the vagina, thank goodness, at any time. I will have to see how the next few days go, to see if the YI returns. If not, I would definitely do this same treatment again. (Hope I won't have to, though.) I, fortunately, experienced no painful side effects from the treatment."

Calca April 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I laughed out loud reading Zentragal's comment. Made me laugh so hard. But only because last month I went through the same god awful itching burning pain that this "medicine" made a million times worse. This was the first and only YI I've ever had and my gyno said it was a severe one (guess why?? ANTIBIOTICS.) The first night I did the cream up I too though I might be allergic because I wanted to rip it off of my body, but my doc said to stick with the 7 days, so the next night I took some pain relief before I creamed up and OMG never again. I thought I was going to be sterile for the rest of my life everything felt like Dante's Inferno down there and I thought I'd never have sex ever again might as well be a nun"

butiloveyeastybread March 30, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have recently gotten my very first yeast infection. At first I tried apple cider vinegar soaks. It temporary halted the itching but came back 30 minutes to an hour later. Three days of this my mother suggested Monistat 7. I am only on day 2 and I'm quite pleased the itching went down almost 90% and almost no discharge. I also bought some Vagisil medicated wipes for the small bit of itching. I've read quite a bit of reviews that said it burned so bad, however I didn't have that experience. It felt a little warm and I had a small bit of cramping about 30 min after the application (it only lasted about 15 minutes) Nothing to serious. But was able to sleep through the night with waking up to itch."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Burn, burn, burn!!!! Do not take this product without consulting your doctor first. Made everything worse, first night I had to sleep with an ice pack on my bottom. Second night was all I could take stomach pain, burning, itching all over my bottom. Ended up washing it all out, icing again and took two benadryl."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I was able to get through day 6 of using. Monistat 7. Tonight, the cream started coming out and the crazy burning started. Had to go wash it off. I don't know what the hell is in this cream that's worse than the yeast infection itself! Never again. Going to the gyno for something else if this yeast infection doesn't go away completely with these 6 days of torture. The only reason I endured those 6 days was that I'd wash the stuff off in the morning after peeing. Once that stuff started coming out, I would just shower."

Covines (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been itching for days and I couldn't take it no more so I went to the store and got Monistat 7. Within seconds I felt a mild burning..no biggie right..I ran to my bed to lay down. Within minutes..my coochie was on fire. I laid there for a good 10 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. I ran to the bathroom and showered my coochie with water for a good 5 minutes. Never again will I use this product. I ended up using organic coconut oil and got relieved from all this itching and burning. I'm returning this product tomorrow."

Nomorefire February 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"NEVER again will I purchase this product. I NEVER do reviews but I figured it let the next woman know so that she won't experience the pain and agony I'm currently experiencing! The nurse at my drs office advised me to purchase this product until I was able to be seen in the office. WORSE DECISION EVER! Here I am on day 2 itching and burning like crazy after inserting, mind you I was absolutely fine before doing so. It is HORRIBLE and I cannot wait to call the nurse in the morning!"

ItchyItchy January 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had just applied it and immediately right after I feel the burn.. I felt that the medicine should be calming effect rather than burning sensation to the point that it irritates your mind and the feeling of uncomfortable with slight nausea. I bought the 7 day Monistat for my YI. Let's see if tomorrow works better.. I had tried other cream-insert-brand like Canesten Cream, I felt relieve right after use.. Hence Monistat needs to relook in to the medications provide in the cream. Because I had bought two boxes, and I regretted getting two box (one for spare).."

Ineedpainkiller (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first night on this med was almost unbearable with the burning, tossed and turned all night! Second night (this evening), took a hot shower, took ibuprofen before that, then inserted cream, it's been an hour now and it's burning a little but it's wayyyyy more tolerable than first night. Hopefully this gives some of you hope! :)"

Itchyburnycooch (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This product is horrible. You would think that after applying this cream you would feel like at least somewhat better and at ease, well that's not the case here. It made my lady parts burn and itch to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and had to take a shower for 40min and I'm still in discomfort! And no it does not feel better after 3 hours, yes your symptoms of the YI improve but I'm telling you it's not worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am laying in bed, vag on fire, can't sleep because of this horrendous medicine. I am on day 3 and I will not finish the full regimen. It is absolutely shameful that the company is marketing and selling his product as is. Clearly there's been a change in the formula-- something's not right."

It burns January 2, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This by far is the worse freaking mistake I could have ever made using monistat 7 ... the burning is unbearable .. I can't stand it!! Ugh!!"

Nina21 December 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Omgosh! It burns like Hell, day one wasn't as bad as day 2! Omgosh!"

Ahhhh December 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used Monistat 3 before and it kind of cleared it up but I had to use yogurt inserts for about two to three days to really help it go away. I then got another yeast infection a week or two later and bought Monistat 7 since I'm pregnant and I was told that's my best option. It was crazy itchy after the first two days but it got better and the itch and pain is pretty much gone. I itch the slightest at times and I worry but maybe I'm being dramatic. I have one more day left and it's done it's job. If anything some yogurt to help finish it off! I've had pretty good results for Monistat 3 and 7. Don't let the other comments scare you! It obviously doesn't work for a lot or only the people who had negative comments wrote reviews "

Kylie M November 26, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yes this is a great form of torture: After 3 weeks of failed attempts to get an answer, tried waterboarding, electrocution, the works, I used this and got the confession I needed."

Interrogator November 18, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Do NOT use this! I got a very mild yeast infection right after my period and decided I didn't want to wait another month, so I picked this up at the store to speed things along. A couple minutes after application my vagina was ON FIRE. It burned and itched so badly my whole body was twitching and I was tossing and turning in bed and crying. The burning finally mostly subsided in about 2 hours, my vagina was still pretty itchy, but I managed to fall asleep. The next day I picked up a store brand of clotrimazole and that stuff worked wonders, I got relief immediately and there was absolutely no burning or itching!"

fireinthebun (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After 6 weeks on Doxycycline & Prednisone for pneumonia, I got a mild YI. First usage felt like someone had doused my lady bits in lighter fluid & stuck a grilling match up there. OMG the burning and itching!!! Treatment 2, same thing. The burn and itch are insane!!! It feels as though Satan himself has taken up residence in my vagina and ripped my vaginal walls out to replace them with fire & brimstone. NEVER AGAIN!!!"

HolyBurningBatman (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my second pregnancy and my first time experiencing yeast infections, although this is my second yeast infection with this pregnancy. The first time I was prescribed terconazole and it was so much better then this Monistat 7! My vagina feels terrible and I'm really debating on continuing taking this"

KD8107 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had YI in the past, and they would go away either by pill or just because. This time I was fed up so I bought the monistat 7 day pack and BOY OH BOY. Less than a minute of inserting that thang it started to BURN. I'm saying like putting hot bacon grease on your kitty type burn. Sitting in a bath full of hot sauce type burn. Dropping the curling iron on your kitty type burn. And it's gonna burn for a good 30 minutes. I really wanted to scratch but I couldn't. I'm telling you, this thang is on FIRE. So it betta work in the morning. And this YI better be gone after these 7 days bc I can't do dis no mo."

SUPA HOT KITTY (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I agree with everone else regarding the intense itchy feeling and pain right after inserting the cream, but it gets better after about 20 minutes. The trick is to use anti-itch cream or anti-itch wipes right after you apply the cream. These wipes were heaven-sent. My obgyn suggested the 7 day treatment because it's not as irritating as the 3 day one. This product works despite its annoying side effects so do not stop using if you can. After 1-2 treatments, the itchiness stopped during the day."

aygho September 17, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I haven't used an over the counter medicine for a yeast infection in years. If I've ever gotten them in the past, my doctor has prescribed something, but I don't usually get them. I didn't want to make a visit to the doctor and so I tried Monistat 7. I remember this medicine hurting like CRAZY years ago but I thought I'd try it again since it's been so long. I wish I could go back in time!!!! On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain-burning-itching, I was at a 10 after inserting the medicine, and I'm just now at a 7 or 8, 18 minutes later. This kills!!!!! I will not be taking the other doses, and I will make an app't with my doctor for a pill to cure this. I don't know what to do to get rid of the intense burning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After three weeks of antibiotic for an upper respiratory infection I developed a yeast infection. My doctor prescribed Fluconazole 100 mg and Monistat 7. The burning from the cream vaginally I thought was part of the curing process. After 3 days I had burning so bad I stopped using it. Now after 3 doses of Flucon. and trying Monistat periodically again burning like fire ants in my crotch I am returning to my Doc screaming!!! No Monistat will ever be used again by me"

Tortured -!!! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016