Monistat 7 Cream Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 30, 2022.
- before using this product, read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- applicator: insert 1 applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime for 7 nights in a row. Throw away applicator after use.
- use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina. Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritate skin outside the vagina (vulva). Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Frequently asked questions
- Why does Monistat burn/itch so bad?
- Can you have sex while using Monistat?
- Monistat-1, white discharge and burning 3 days after use. Is this normal?
- I got Monistat 7 for a yeast infection and after 2 days my symptoms are gone except for an itch.
- Can I put a tampon in to hold Monistat 7 inside me and is it safe to use with a tampon?
- Do you wash Monistat out in the morning?
- How long do you have to lay down for after using Monistat?
More about Monistat 7 (miconazole topical)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (726)
- Compare alternatives
- En español
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives
- Latest FDA Alerts (2)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.