Can I put a tampon in to hold Monistat 7 inside me and is it safe to use with a tampon?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 5, 2020.
If not, why can't you use a tampon to hold it in? I cannot get the cream to stay in without a tampon. Is this safe?
There is no contraindication of using a tampon with Monistat, but if you insert a tampon all the cream might come out, or alternatively the cream might get absorbed by the tampon so you might not get the full benefit of the cream. It is best to use the cream immediately before going to bed in order to retain the cream. Use a sanitary pad instead of a tampon if you have your period.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you have sex while using Monistat?
- Monistat-1, white discharge and burning 3 days after use. Is this normal?
- I got Monistat 7 for a yeast infection and after 2 days my symptoms are gone except for an itch.
- Can I use Monistat while pregnant?
- How do you clean Monistat out of its reusable applicator?
- Can antibiotics cause yeast infections?