User Reviews for Nystatin

Oral Thrush

Summary of Nystatin reviews 7.0 27 reviews

Reviews for Nystatin

Jin Varel · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2019

For Oral Thrush: "I am using Nystatin Oral 4 times a day for 7 days. Been on many rounds of antibiotics for recurrent UTI infections and such..so end result is thrush. So Nystatin is not working for me at all. I have been on 3 bottles of it already, it's made very little difference. I switched to natural apple cider vinegar remedy and it seems to clear it way faster then the Nystatin."

Kay kay June 30, 2019

For Oral Thrush: "I was on antibiotics for an extended time and after 4 months I developed thrush. After starting this medicine I noticed my mouth because extremely dry, especially at night during sleeping. My tongue had a funny burning feeling and everything taste funny. Has anyone else had this same problem? Also I got really bad diarrhea and stomach cramps."

Lucky · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Oral Thrush: "My baby is 17 months and had his first “sick visit” due to thrush. We’re only in day 2 and all of the white is gone from his mouth already and he seems like he’s not hurting anymore. His appetite isn’t normal yet, but apparently it messes with your tastebuds."

Maia · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Oral Thrush: "I had oral thrush on my tongue. The Nystatin cleared it in a few days, but since then (6 weeks ago) nothing tastes the same anymore. It's as if its effected my taste buds and mucous membranes. My tongue feels strange, slightly scalded and very squeaky against my teeth and the inside of my mouth. It's as if there's enough saliva but it's not slippery enough. It's really unpleasant. I'm assuming it was the Nystatin that caused it and really hope it returns to normal soon as I don't enjoy anything I eat or drink."

Wab · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

For Oral Thrush: "My 91 yr old father has an oral thrush ulcer on the side of his tongue for nearly three weeks and thrush in his throat from a heavy dose of antibiotics (that started with an M, can’t remember the name) It took a different hospital facility to figure out his Dx. He’s been using the Nystatin now for 4 days and it has made no difference. Today will be day 5. I’m praying it kicks in, he’s wasting away as he can’t eat or talk."

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "This is day three of taking Nystatin and so far there is no improvement at all! When will it start making a difference. Have lost 1.5 stone in three weeks as cannot eat."

Meme May 24, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I was diagnosed with oral thrush after first being told the sores on corners of my mouth were caused from drooling in my sleep. It was a year or so after I rinsed my mouth out with mouthwash that my tongue developed sores and became so painful and my throat tried to close that I saw my doctor. She diagnosed oral thrush and gave me Nystatin. This is second day and already knot is gone from my throat. This is truly a wonder drug for this horrible condition. I smoke, take other meds and wear dentures which makes me a candidate for the thrush. If it comes back after I get it healed I will get more Nystatin."

Pregwiththrush · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I am pregnant and have had thrush for almost a month. Doc prescribed me Nystatin and after a couple days a lot of pain went away. However, I still have fungus on the tongue and it tastes awful. When will this Nystatin fully get rid of it!?! Trying every natural remedy to avoid Diflucan- but it isn’t getting rid of it :/ :("

Candy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 1, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "Have developed an upper jaw pain. Not sure if it relates to the nystatin"

Guinea pig · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "Had the same situation with antibiotic metronidazole with keflex. Keflex had plenty of times no reaction when other antibiotic metronidazole was given by ER doctor I had a thrush reaction on mouth. Then nystatin liquid worked, but had to use virgin cononut with a cotton swab to alleviate later to rebuild my gut to down size the thrush colony in my body."

tinliizzy March 13, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "For all patients using steroidal inhalers (prednisone, flovent, beclovent etc.) it is recommended that the patient rinse their mouth thoroughly after each dose. I'm surprised the doctor or pharmacist didn't tell this to the patient who wrote the first review."

Candidaddy · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I developed oral thrush after taking the notoriously problematic antibiotic known as Metronidazole and was prescribed Nystatin liquid for the thrush. after swishing and swallowing this medicine 3 times a day for a couple days, I notice I’ve started to have sudden and painful urges to have a bowel movement and when I do, it smells like rotten eggs and has an odd consistency. This is the only side effect of the Nystatin I’m experiencing which has already made a noticeable difference in my thrush but I’m ready to be done taking this medicine. The cramps and bathroom trips are inconvenient and embarrassing. I notice the longer I leave the Nystatin in my mouth and gargle with it, the better it works in clearing up my tongue. It also helps to wait as long as possible to eat/drink after taking Nystatin."

Healing One February 2, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I developed a fungus infection of the bottom lip. My doctor wanted to put me on a systemic pill, but I asked if there was anything topical I could try. He suggested Nystatin. I have been on it three days and my lips have not peeled. They were peeling every two days before. I just use Q tip and put it on my lip. I got it because I am immune compromised and my white count is at the lowest it has been in a long time, 1.7"

Lee1225 January 7, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I have COPD, and between prednisone and all the inhalers I use I always have thrush on my tongue. This week the thrush went into my throat. It was awful. My doctor prescribed nystatin and within 2 days my throat stopped hurting and my tongue is clearing and feels much better. Nystatin works great for me the only had side is you lose your taste buds while you're using it. They do come back once medicine is fine though. I can deal with temporary losing tastebuds as long as my tongue and throat don't hurt."

Cj rey · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2017

For Oral Thrush: "I think the medication is working fine until when I had it then a few minutes I brushed my tooth. Omg my tongue started to get numb and I have issue breathing. So don’t use it right before or after u plan to brush your teeth. My tongue would feel half numb. Not a good feeling."

cruisecontrole August 16, 2017

For Oral Thrush: "I'm 47 years old and never even heard of oral "thrush". Went to see my Doc today with the worst cough and horrible sore throat. Yep, he said I had this thrush, put me on Nystatin and one other antibiotic. I mainly came in here to see other comments on how quickly this stuff works. I can't get over how bad my throat hurts and just pray this medicine works."

Verymotivated1 · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2017

For Oral Thrush: "Maaan is this medicine a gift from GOD!!! It works wonders and I am only on day 3. I've been suffering with unknown Candida for 4 years with it now affecting my stomach, throat and tongue. The coughing has subsided and my tongue is amazingly clear! I thought I was an alien of some sort dealing with a weird looking tongue all of these years but thanks to my Dr's diagnosis and prescribing Nystatin I feel sooooo much better. I suffer with Systematic Lupus and all of my medicine's are causing the thrush. Amazing product and it doesn't taste half bad either. My only gripe Is that nothing taste the same anymore but maybe that's temporary."

Kat1957 June 22, 2017

For Oral Thrush: "Only on day 2 but see a huge improvement and my oral thrush and it was pretty bad, was on roof of mouth, tonsils, sides of mouth, gums and tongue... Taste was not bad but they put sucrose in it or some sweetener which I didn't care for..yeast thrives off of sugar....but hey its working."

suetoyou October 8, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "Loss of taste and taste buds. Was it the oral thrush or the Nystatin? Will my taste & taste buds come back??"

Cndelue · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "Seems to be taking a long time to work"

BrendyLou October 8, 2015

For Oral Thrush: "I think that it has turned my lips black, unless there's something else wrong. I don't know. I love the medication. It really works and right away. My mouth, throat, and chest stopped hurting after taking it twice. I have coughed up blood before I started this medication. My cough is better also. I just can't figure out why my lips are black. I go to the doctor this week for a biopsy, so, I'll show the doctor."

Nymbo Kayaker January 19, 2015

Nilstat (nystatin) for Oral Thrush: "The Nilstat cleared up the white spots in my mouth within 2 days and my throat was less sore so that I could start eating solid food for the first time since radiation treatment.(10 weeks) On the third bottle but have not fully cleared all the thrush from my throat. I have had Chemo. radiation and heaps of antibiotics so I am a hard case for it.."

Illinois resident · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2014

For Oral Thrush: "63 yrs old, was prescribed liquid, 120.00 nystatin, 100,000 unitls/ml, 2 tsp., for 4 times a day as needed, for thrush that was in throat, and I believe going into esophagus. Was not in mouth this time (had it 6 yrs ago). Read where hydrogen peroxide kills it, and had been using toothpaste with hydrogen peroxide in it, so wasn't on tongue. But throat hurt, was actually coughing up blood in sputum. Only two doses and throat and chest doesn't hurt, coughing has lessened, and I believe bleeding has stopped! Notice the dose is for kids, but I'm 63. But it is working! Could hardly swallow, hurt so much. Not hurting so after only 2 doses. Amazing medicine! Was given 3 day supply."

Team Skyla · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2014

Nilstat (nystatin) for Oral Thrush: "My daughter has to use this for thrush that her other 50 medications cause. It helps a lot!"

Anonymous December 23, 2011

For Oral Thrush: "I had to take this medication for oral thrush after a couple of rounds of antibiotics. Unfortunately the oral nystatin suspension gave me a terrible allergic reaction. I developed a very itchy body rash (hives) so I never got to find out if the nystatin would have worked for the oral thrush."