User Reviews for Nystatin

Also known as: Bio-Statin

Oral Thrush 5.2

Reviews for Nystatin

mike · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I have taken nystatin for 10 days and no improvement. just visited doctor and he prescribed a different medication. It seems to be a lot of comments of no help with nystatin.”

VJVE · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “nystatin was prescribed for me to take 4 times a day to wash my mouth. I have completed first prescription 2 days ago. No effect. After reading reviews looks like it is not working for most of the people.”

Mozzy July 1, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “Was prescribed Nystan for oral thrush 24 hours ago, so far taken it 6 times, 1ml 4 times a day. Alarmed at all the negative comments and side effects. Not noticed any improvement so far but maybe it's too soon. I did find that swilling a spoonful of natural greek yoghurt seemed to help far more than the Nystan.”

not work · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I used 4 bottle, it does not work at all. Cost 10$ each but taste nice tho, and force me wash my mouth daily”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “Nystatin is absolute garbage. I’m now on my 4th bottle with no sign of it doing anything. I’ve also pumped myself with probiotics and limited alcohol. Very frustrating and Nystatin seems to do nothing. Tastes good at least but not effective. Based on so many other negative reviews it’s surprising how popular this is prescribed to adults with oral thrush.”

Christine · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “Laryngitis for 6 weeks that gets worse as the day goes on to the point that by the end of the day it physically hurt to talk but with COVID was scared to see doctor. No other COVID symptoms. Finally saw doctor, no COVID, no strep, 2 weeks later, no improvement, tested for COVID again, negative again but this time, doctor diagnosis thrush (no idea how you get that???) and gives me nystatin 4 times a day. Day 2, voice sounds better, lump feeling in throat almost feels gone, I can talk, throat not so painful but tongue feels like I ate a bag of sour candy. When I take the nystatin, it tingles on tongue- is this normal? Should my tongue hurt like this afterwards as well?”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I actually developed oral thrush from something really bizarre... So because I had to work during this Corona virus crisis.. Every time I came in I was so paranoid about something being in my mouth.. Like virus particles that I was rinsing with an extremely heavy alcohol mouthwash. I developed thrush because of this.. I have been taking this medication for about 2 days. So far it has not helped. I noticed that somebody else wrote something which is actually happening to me also which makes me a little nervous.. I have been having some kind of weird twinges in my chest. I am really paranoid that the infection has spread down my a oesophagus and into my lungs. This is a possible complication of thrush. I will give it another 2 or 3 days and then I will go back to the doctor the only problem is I'm really scared because I have to go to urgent care and with everything that is going on I am so paranoid about going to urgent care.”

Winnie · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 1, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I have had course after course if Nystatin & the oral thrush just keeps coming back...it doesn't clear it all now. It's a waste of time! 3 years almost of suffering.”

PetLover · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “Worked very quickly.”

Kiki12 · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I’ve been on Nystatin for 7 days after being diagnosed with dry mouth. I have not seen any improvement for oral thrush. I am going back to the Dr to ask for a stronger medication for this damn white tongue.”

Ash April 2, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I developed oral thrush for the first time after taking macrobid generic for UTI. The antibiotic made me outrageously ill from all of the extreme side effects I experienced. I was able to get nystatin over the phone. However I immediately had a severe reaction of chest tightness, rapid and abnormal heart rate. Luckily about 24 hours later it seems to have subsided but now I’ve been trying everything I can OTC. Nothing is giving me relief. The feeling in my throat is horrible and sometimes it’s unbearable and impossible to swallow. I’m definitely dehydrated as I cannot even force myself to sip let alone drink water. Doctors have been less than helpful as they don’t want to see patients due to social distancing guidelines from COVID. I’m Hoping the use of baking soda and saline mouth washes as well as acidophilus probiotic pills will start being effective as I can’t take much more of all of these issues. (Within 15 mins the nystatin reaction set in)”

Dottie · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “I am on day five of a 10 day prescription for nystatin and seem to have developed a feeling of something in my chest. Could this be from this medication?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “Worked at first but never totally got rid of the thrush. Going back to the doctor for something else.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I just finished a bottle of it and still have symptoms and oral thrush.”

Dwain · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “Well I didn't use nystatin, I use essential oils, not a fanatic user of, but knowing tea tree oil is a fungi killer, so salt water ,tea tree oil with a splash of mint spray and water is working great, just trying to stay off the sugar and yeast canidida diet is hard but the essential oils is working. Was prescribed predisone and anti-biotics for 5 + days after 4 days in hospital with double pneumonia.”

Kim November 20, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I've had oral thrush for approx 3 months, I got it from being extremely stressed and anxious. (Yes,I never knew you could get it that way either) I was on duflucan for 7 weeks, and it didn't touch it, I'm beyond frusterated with this. Today I quit the diflucan and went to nystatin 5X a day. Please pray this goes away from me. ”

Waf · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I’m currently having chemo and with my low wcc developed a lovely case of oral thrush. It was really sore to swallow and the back of my throat was pretty coated. Been taking nystatin for 2 days and have already noted a great improvement so thumbs up from me. It doesn’t taste to bad either”

Cj · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “Taking Nystatin for thrush that was caused by Protonix. Sadly this is giving me chest pain and causing my heart to race for 1.5-2 hours after taking it and only intensifies every time I take it. Pharmacist recommended that I stop taking it and call my doctor. I hope something else can clear the oral thrush.”

Suki October 20, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I’ve been taking Nystan for 3 weeks and prior to this over the counter medication for oral thrush following numerous prescriptions of antibiotics for UTIs . So far there has been little improvement if any. So back to GP for another review. Going to try Apple cider vinigar, which I’ve heard can be effective.”

JanieK October 11, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I was on Nystatin for about 10 days. Unfortunately no one, including Walgreens caught the fact that it is contraindicated when one is taking Warfarin blood thinner, ie there is a drug interaction between the nystatin and warfarin . Had a GI bleed. Almost did not survive this screw up. Look up every medication prescribed and if you have questions or weird symptoms, ask for extra info before ingesting. We have wonderful medical technology, but screw ups are rampant. .”

Jaemeejae · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “Have been taking 1ml 4 times a day with a mouth sponge for 4 days now out of 7 days of meds. No massive improvement. Already booked another docs appointment ready for something better. Not impressed.”

Ali al July 27, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I’m on my 5th bottle of nystatin and it hasn’t been all that great. I quit smoking and drinking just so my immune system could get better and still no result. On top of that I been eating lots of food with vitamin and no sugar. And I got balanitis”

JimperNJ July 26, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “Prescribed Nystatin for oral thrush after 10 days on Amoxicillin. My throat was red and raw, my tongue hurts, sores on back/sides of tongue. Nystatin made a huge difference within just a couple of days. It has slowly improved each day as I have taken it 4x/day. I’m on day 7 today and I would say it’s almost gone... still getting some discomfort on tongue on and off - taking Advil for that. I’m confident it’ll be all gone by day 10 of the medication. I’m extremely hopeful.”

Jin Varel · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I am using Nystatin Oral 4 times a day for 7 days. Been on many rounds of antibiotics for recurrent UTI infections and such..so end result is thrush. So Nystatin is not working for me at all. I have been on 3 bottles of it already, it's made very little difference. I switched to natural apple cider vinegar remedy and it seems to clear it way faster then the Nystatin.”

Kay kay June 30, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “I was on antibiotics for an extended time and after 4 months I developed thrush. After starting this medicine I noticed my mouth because extremely dry, especially at night during sleeping. My tongue had a funny burning feeling and everything taste funny. Has anyone else had this same problem? Also I got really bad diarrhea and stomach cramps.”