User Reviews for Triamcinolone to treat Alopecia

Also known as: Kenalog-40, Zilretta, Kenalog-10, Aristospan Clinacort Aristospan Intra-Articular Aristospan Intralesional

Triamcinolone has an average rating of 8.7 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Alopecia. 86% of those users who reviewed Triamcinolone reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Triamcinolone Rating Summary

8.7/10 average rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Alopecia.

Reviews for Triamcinolone

Jonny October 11, 2020

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I noticed small bald spots on the back of my head. My dermatologist gave me Kenalog-10 injections at the sites on my scalp. It worked great. Hair grew back. Although some grew back white before turning black. It worked for me.”

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2020

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I noticed a small bald spot on my head in late March of this year, within a month there were 3 more, and by May I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata. I was prescribed Clobetasol and Monoxidil topicals—which I used religiously twice a day for 6 weeks with no progress. Began Kenalog 10 injections in July, every 2 weeks, and by the third session I have regrowth!! No side effects, really minimally uncomfortable and definitely worth it to see those bare areas filling in!! I’ve now completed 4 sessions and the Doctor is quite pleased and we’re going to once a month going forward. Fingers crossed! ”

Sheree · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I got diagnosed with Alopecia February of 2019. I noticed I had a bald spot in the middle of my head the size of a dime then it grew bigger & bigger, to the point that I had to find out what it was. The doctor gave me clobetasol propionate ointment. Then two months later I was given injections of kenalog 10 and it took about two months new hair grew in, a different texture at that! I was so happy & great full. Now I have spots elsewhere and the doctors are working on those areas as well. FEELING HOPEFUL!”

Anonymous November 16, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “Hair grew back almost instantly. I got Kenalog-10 injections from my doctor in late September. I started noticing hair growth after only a few days. Almost two months later now and my hair is almost completely grown. No more bald spots. It's not perfect, but it's getting there really quick. It was somewhat painful but totally worth it.”

Mygrandson January 15, 2016

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I received kenalog/lidocaine injections in my c spine (neck) three months on (once a month shot) and six months off. I noticed immediately my hair grew!! I went from this fragile hair to a freakin awesome thick head of hair what seemed to be overnight! First time in my life!! I was thrilled! Literally seemed over night! I swear by the injections for my spine did it!!”

Anonymous July 7, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “My hair was falling out and my doctor began a series of kenalog shots(3).Within 30 days I noticed it stopped falling out,and began growing back.Kenalog was successful for my hair,I regained a lost sense of smell,and it restored a sense of well being I didnt realize I had lost to cronic fatigue.It was wonderful, however I experienced a huge indenture on my body in the area I received the shot.It looks like a shark bite.My doctor said it is fat scarring.There are others who got this dent too.”

cet93 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “Last July I had a full head of hair. Like I always have . And then one fine day in October my hair started falling out. At first it was just a little . I had developed a spot on the crown of my head that I didn't even notice . Until someone pointed it out. At first I didn't think anything of it. I thought early onset of male pattern baldness. That's what I went on believing until I noticed my hair falling out in handfulls in the shower. I got an appointment with a dermatologist and was told it was alopecia areata He gave me topical solution that didn't help hardly any instead I got kenalog injections in my scalp After 3 months I had significant regrowth all over my head here I am gaining more hair every day And hair loss has almost stopped”

Mimi · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 26, 2018

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I started losing my hair suddenly about 6 years ago during some very stressful times in my life. I had to wear a wig & was miserable. I had always had thick, wavy "Farrah Fawcett" hair. I saw a doctor who referred me to a specialist. It's been about 4 years now that I go every six weeks for the injections. I still get tiny patches but we are able to control them but I have my long, pretty hair back!!”

bigferny1 August 14, 2008

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I had severe allopecia areata. While I was deployed in Iraq I recieved kenalog injections intra-muscularly 40-60mg every 2 months until bald spots started filling back in. Then I started receiving the shot interdermally at the site of the missing hair and it regrew. Here I sit, 2 years later with a full head of hair. Worked great. Did cause atrophy in the fat around where I received the shots. I also noticed that my joints felt weaker when taking it.”

Leidy :) · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2015

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I had alopecia for 5 months before I received any treatment . When I went to the doctor he prescribed a topical solution which didn't help much . He gave me my first shot on my bold spot and three weeks later my hair was fully grown . It totally worked for me :))”

Liz Charles January 14, 2017

“8 years ago I was diagnosed as having central alopecia...tender scalp accompanied by hair loss. Topical steriod lotion( Betnovate) and Doxycycline were prescribed by my dermatologist. They helped and the hair loss stopped. Because it is the scarring type, the top remained a bit sparse but I was grateful that the hair loss stopped. A couple months ago the hair loss started again and was terrible. Desperate, I requested triamicinolone injections on my scalp. I got 10 on December 15th. In about 8 days I could swear I could see the spaces filling. I almost cried. As a woman, going bald is undescribably horrible. It's been almost a month and it continues to improve. Thank God!!!”

Trevmcg March 25, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I've been getting Kenalog shots for my alopecia once a month for five months now....Very little hair regrowth, the hair that has grown back is grey now, and the alopecia continues to spread. I've lost 40% of my beard over the past few months and nothing is helping, including Kenalog.”

Eloy · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2019

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “I have been on monthly injections for over four years. At one point I recovered 90% of my hair back only to lose my hair once again. Injections have since stopped as it just was no longer working. I am now trying the acid treatment on my scalp as a final attempt. It could be very frustrating yet only causes stress when people make it a point to remind you your hair is falling out.”

Jazzyj2005 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2017

Kenalog-10 (triamcinolone): “Have been receiving the injections now for three months with great results. My hair was bald in the centers of my head. At this time my hair has grow about 1 inch at the point.”

Anonymous April 27, 2012

“I received the shots while experiencing alopecia. It took couple of months to see results and the hair grew back but I still get new spots occasionally and have to go and get the injections.”

Learn more about Alopecia