User Reviews for Enbrel to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Enbrel Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 306 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Enbrel

ProudNana · Taken for 10 years or more September 28, 2020

“I feel everyone should know this information if they are considering using Enbrel. I am an RN. My Mother was diagnosed about 20 years ago with Rheumatoid Arthritis. She was around 70-71 years young. She quilts and stays busy. She is now 91 and STILL quilting and gardening, staying busy! I think the combination of someone that stays busy along with the wonder drug, Enbrel, is why she is still able to quilt and do all that she does! Her Rheumatologist shows everyone her xRays because if you saw them you wouldn’t think she could do anything! She’s a beautiful woman inside and out and a great inspiration to others. Her story would be great for an advertisement!! Thank you!”

Mike · Taken for 10 years or more September 5, 2020

“I was diagnosed with RA when I was 13 years old and thought I would be wheelchair bound or bedridden when I was in my twenties. When I started enbrel and I can honestly say It's a miracle drug, minor pain I can do anything now but run and I'm 40 years old now great medication needle still hurts but it's truly a blessing”

Hurting but hopeful · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2020

“I started embrel sure click 4 weeks ago. It has helped. I am also on methotrexate and .5 prednisone. I am hoping to get off of these but am doubtful. The prednisone took away all the swelling which was so painful, as you all know. THE RA came on so quickly in March 2019. By September I could barely walk or hold things. I'm in my early 60s and I felt like 90. Now I'm up and moving. No adverse side effects except exhaustion. Feel like I could sleep all day... although I am also going through intense am. and pm. 'hot flashes'. And the injection is a bit painful but it's over fast. Some site swelling. The drug is extremely expensive and my insurance wont cover it. $1325.00 per injection. My doctor has been working on trying to get me a reduced rate. I literally had to give up working yet I haven't caught a brake on any assistance programs. Good luck to you all on finding your path.”

Mec · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 17, 2020

“Enbrel has for the third time in as many years has taken over 4 weeks to replace defective pens!! They don’t care about health just money”

Hillary · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2019

“This medication Enbrel gave me uncomfortable side effects that I would rather not discuss, however, my doctor took me off the medication immediately and I feel much better on my new medication. I should have listened to my doctor to begin with.”

Lori December 6, 2019

“I have also suffered from eczema and a bonus effect is my skin is flawless and smooth !”

Kcab · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 29, 2019

“I was diagnosed with RA but refused all meds for 2 years because I researched all the potential side effects. I tried diets, yoga, supplements, even psychotherapy (because some drs claim RA has emotional roots). While strict diets did offer pain relief, joint damage persisted. I reluctantly started on Enbrel October 2018. I insisted my doc start me on the lowest dose ( a pediatric dose of 25 mg per week. Advocate for yourself! She would have put me on double the amount I actually needed). 25 mg worked. Within 1-2 weeks, my pain was gone. I've been on it for over a year with zero side effects. I know it's a scary drug so I understand people's fear. I had to work through debilitating panic attacks the first few months ( that's how scared I was of it--I did need some anxiety meds to get me through it), but I have my life back. It's been a miracle drug for me. Both RA and biologics stink, we each have to decide which is worse. I wish everyone the best.”

Babs · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

“DX with RA December 2018. Now taking MTX, Plaquenil, sulfasalazine and last 3 months added Humira. Not OK yet. Will Start Enbrel in 1 week. Very anxious, reading all of your experiences and life changing diagnosis. Please wish me lots of luck. I have faith that I too will become more optimistic regarding my disease. Thank you all.”

DJ Spoon · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

“After four years of out of control RA I did some research on here and asked my Rheumatologist to put me on Enbrel. I'd been on several other biologics and all the other usual suspects but had little relief and horrendous side effects. The only two things that worked for me were steroid injections and over the counter ibuprofen. I'm happy to say the Enbrel worked almost immediately like within the second day which has given me a great deal of hope for the future. The side effects so far after two injections are pretty bad acid reflux after the first injection but not the second and a couple of days of heavy fatigue after both jabs. The overall side effect I'm noticing is a general feeling of gloom and finding everything a bit of an effort. Just wondering if anyone else is feeling this. I intend to stick with Enbrel as its dramatically halted my all over pain and its given me 90 % of my mobility back so far.”

Husband of patient · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 2, 2019

“My wife has been on Enbrel for about 9 years now. It has been a true game changer. She has tried to go off a few times but RA would return and she would have to resume. Unfortunately, she does seem to catch colds rather easily while on Enbrel.”

Guinea pig · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

“I started it with the Enbrel sure click 50mg. I've taken Enbrel for 2 months. My finger pain seems to be going away. My doctor recently changed it to the mini sure click. I find the injection to be painful. I didn't have this issue with the regular sure click. I do like the lights and the sounds that lets you know it's complete. I will continue talking it.”

Coloradohiker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 11, 2019

“I started using Enbrel about 9 months ago. I was in terrible shape, barely able to get out of bed and get myself dressed. I take Enbrel and 10 mg leflunomide, and I now feel great. I ski, hike, lift weights. Most days I forget I even have RA. It has been a complete game changer for me.”

susan June 5, 2019

“I love this medication Enbrel! While I'm not a fan of needles I happily do this one. I have gone from periods when I can not even move a specific body part to almost no pain or inflammation what-so-ever. I have the occasional flare in my fingers or toes, usually lasting a day or two. I haven't had a "major" flare-up for a couple years. Was diagnosed in 2010 with rheumtoid arthritis. Still working and doing whatever activity I want. Very happy with Enbrel.”

Bistro · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 1, 2019

“I've suffered from severe RA for 9 years and have been on Enbrel for 7 years. Enbrel has been a miracle drug for me. I have not had any side effects for now. I am careful about being around sick people but not paranoid and wash my hands frequently during flu season. I have stopped twice due to change in rheumatologists and the last time was a disaster with a full flareup. I am very happy today that I finally injected myself using the Enbrel mini. Who would be excited about an injection - ME.”

Jayne 3788 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

“I've only been talking Enbrel for two weeks form my rheumatoid arthritis. I haven't noticed any changes or decrease of pain. I haven't had any pain on injection site, or any side effects so far.”

Bosh · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 6, 2019

“Diagnosed with RA at 22yrs. Started with Plaquenil, then added methotrexate. Took some time to get the dose right due to nausea. That combo helped for 2 years. Then added Enbrel. It helped immediately but still had problems so added Meloxicam. Prednisone as needed for flareups. After serious ulcers I stopped the meloxicam and prednisone. Enbrel only worked for 1.5yrs. After I'd been on it about a year it started wearing off. I would inject every week but the meds would only last about 5 days and then I'd be disabled until time to take my next injection. Finally it stopped working all together. Just switched to Humira, still taking plaquenil and methotrexate. Many illnesses due to the compromised immune system, and extreme fatigue, but my RA is so severe I am fully disabled without these meds. I hope I can find one that will last longer. With the Enbrel support card, I have not had to pay for this drug. I prefer the syringes to the pens.”

Daisy · Taken for 10 years or more January 7, 2019

“My daughter was diagnosed with RA at the age of 8, after severe pain in most of her joints including jaw, fingers, elbows, neck, knees, hip, ankles and swelling around knees. At that point she even struggled to walk. She was prescribed Methotrexate by NHS in the Uk, which didn’t seem to change anything and had terrible side effects. She was then injected with Embrel in each of the 23 affected joints, which had an immediate effect and she was able to walk and on a lot less pain in a matter of days. She was put on weekly Embel injections and has been on it since, 10 years now. We tried tanking her off twice, after arteries went into remission, but both times it came back. Embrel has been life changing for us and I am grateful to the UK government for covering the cost, and now for having an insurance also covering the cost in the UAE.”

alex · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2018

“oh behalf of my mother, this medicine has caused her to get MS - a terrible disease that CAN'T be treated. She can barely walk half of the time and can’t work anymore. I would rate this a 0 but that’s not an option.”

CamaroCutie · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 12, 2018

“I have tried a few medications for my Rheumatoid arthritis. Nothing seemed to work. I couldn’t use my hands much nor walk very far. My expectations at this point in life were very low for any kind of relief. Then my rheumatologist changed my medicine to Enbrel. They gave me the Enbrel auto injector w/ mini Enbrel cartridges. It gives you the injection and you never see the needle, it’s virtually painless. The day of my very 1st injection all the pain started to subside. I was in shock but now optimistic for the first time in years. The third day I had no severe pain left nor tenderness in my hands and fingers. I was beside myself with hope this was actually going to work and more importantly last...and it has. I’m pain free for almost a year now. I now have my life back.”

Jackie · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2018

“I began Enbrel on Tuesday & by Thursday I could feel the difference. I was excited yet had the thought in the back of my head “how could this be?” It’s now only Saturday and has been 4 days. So much better that I can’t believe it. I am certainly thankful but wonder how it could work so fast. I have RA, fibro & thyroid autoimmune diseases. Plus degenerative disc in the lower back. Enbrel has even helped w/that. It has been more like a twinge than pain. No swelling, redness or pain anywhere. I was so afraid to take the medication but now that I have wish I hadn’t waited so long. I realize that it could stop working any day or have side effects. But for now I’m very optimistic. ”

youngoldman · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2018

“I have been on Enbrel 50 mg auto injector for approximately 2 1/2 months. before this I was put on Prednisone for 3 bad months, then 5 months of Hydroxychloroquine that was ineffective. The Enbrel is included in my personal list of "miracle" drugs that work for me! The injections are now producing good results the same day I inject, dealing with crushing fatigue and debilitating body ache/pain. I know that people react differently to meds and Enbrel might not work for you or give you bad side effects, but I feel that, if you can tolerate the med, try it for 2 months. I just hope that, after my trial run, I can afford it or get assistance, its a great med for me.”

JRC · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2018

“Made no difference after 5 months. Back on prednisone and ibuprofen.”

slynnette · Taken for 10 years or more May 24, 2018

“I've been on Embrel and plaquinil for about as long as I've been diagnosed which is about 10 years. I've had surgery to remove cysts on my fingers, bottom , my cervical spine (kinda tricky), tomorrow I go in to have a walnut sized growth on my left chest wall. My fingers are deformed, numb with episodes of Raynauds.”

BeckyG17 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

“I used the Enbrel injection 3 times before I decided to NOT do the 4th injection. After the third injection I had a giant, purple raised, rash everywhere I had injected. 8 days after my third injection I suffered a massive subdural hematoma (brain bleed). On top of that the 8 days after the 3rd injection I had more body pain than I have ever experienced in my life. I would never advise anyone to use this medication!”

Ell · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2018

“I have been using Embrel for 20 years. I started it in a trial in 1998. I could barely walk at the time and was in constant pain. Except for occasional knee problems I live a normal life with little pain”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)