User Reviews for Enbrel

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Enbrel.

Enbrel Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Enbrel to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"In hustler america for profit publicly traded "health" insurance companies manage all care. The doctor is simply window dressing. The for profit publicly traded "health" insurance companies and PBMs (pharmacy benefit mgmt orgs) deny every claim and deny needed medicine to generate billions in profit for rebates, etc...That's American "health" "care". A sad joke. Other than war and hustling--what exactly did America really stand for?"

Baseball Women November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took enbrel for about 8 yrs with great satisfaction and little side effects.Then it lost its effectiveness and I changed to Humira with even better results.Now after 7 more years it appears its effectiveness is starting to wane .I'm considering going back to enbrel and trying it again hopefully with comparable results as the first time. good luck to all and I hoped this helped someone."

Matt. (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Embrel from 2004 to 2012 until it stopped working and I switched to Humira. I was on a double dose due to the severity of the arthritis- in nearly every joint. Psoriasis is mild. Enbrel was a miracle drug that took me from barely walking to 80% mobility. Still can't kneel or run but that's minor. I can WALK!!!! I had no side effects. I took it with methotrexate for 3 years and then stopped the mtx cause Enbrel was so effective. Alas the day came when Enbrel quit working but 8 years was a nice run compared to some people. Humira is almost as effective but the psoriasis was better with Enbrel. I've had PsA for 45 years and Enbrel was a God-send."

OhComeNow (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Using for 5 months and the results are amazing. I forgot the past with the psoriasis ,I was just afraid to be sick ."

SBH37 July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After negative side effects from another "biologic", I went on Enbrel. It did help the joints, quite a bit, reducing joint pain and increasing mobility. I was able to walk up and down stairs, and started walking from 1 to 5 miles a week! ( A near miracle after 45 years with Psoriatic arthritis!!) Most of the symptoms of Transverse myelitis, which started on another biologic and was much more severe on that previous drug went away, with the exception of Bladder Incontinence.... made a life outside the home very difficult. That side effect stopped within 3 days of taking Enbrel, and has not returned in the past 2 years."

ksquared (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Good but very risky medicine. I am Psoriasis Psoriatic Arthritis patient. After 8 years of using Enbrel I developed Lymphoma. Warning labels are not enough. If you think that you will be among the 90 % of patients that are lucky enough, go ahead. But think more than twice before taking an Enbrel shot."

Richard VA January 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works extremely well. The day after I give myself the injection, I feel like I have a cold (common side effects) ... Two days after, I'm fine. I get sick easily when inconsiderate people ride public transportation sick and don't take care about coughing. Grocery shopping is another hazard as sick people run into the store "for just a second" and head home to be sick. Buying masks for the hazard areas is a good idea. I always ask at Drs offices for a few and have never been refuses. Even with the one day colds and the hazard if getting sick frequently, IT'S MORE THAN WORTH TAKING DUE TO BENEFITS. (I wouldn't even regret taking it if I got the most severe rare side effect alone or in combination with methotrexate)"

Placebo;p (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Of all the biologics , Enbrel is my best compromise. It takes away most of the arthritic symptoms but does not do as well a job on the psoriasis. I think the pharms concentrate of Blocking the T cell when they should work on the overall underlying issue of inflammation. If you can control the whole bodies inflammation, then you'd go a LONG way to solve numerous so called diseases."

cheltz (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Enbrel for 15 years and it has been a life changer. I was literally pain free. Until about a year ago, shortly have the injection I started feeling nauseous, thought maybe it was something I ate but I have since tracked it and every single time to give myself an injection I get nauseated and it lasts for about 36 hours. Has something in the formula of Enbrel changed?? I'll take being nauseated any day over the pain."

Andi G September 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Embrel. Is the best medicine. I have RA. Since I was 25 years old"

lattecarr June 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken Enbrel for 17 years - since I was 30. I would not be a functioning individual without it. I have not had psoriasis since I started taking it, either. I know this sounds too good to be true, but it is my miracle drug. I've never had any side effects or problems. I am currently on the Sureclick but have also had to fill syringe needle and inject. If you let medicine warm alittle, it doesn't burn as bad."

Marley CJ (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked for my joints but I got dizzy and a headache. I had to stop taking it because I continued to feel faint."

Wendy411 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been suffering from psoriasis for 5 years and began to feel arthritis pain 3 years ago. The psoriatic symptoms and arthritis pain disappeared when I was pregnant but had since come back three fold. My debilitating arthritis pain in my hands and wrist, knees and hips prevented me from being the best mom I could be. I could not take it anymore. I'm relatively young (38) so I had to be very proactive in my diagnosis and treatment. I was sure that I did not want to take methotrexate and wanted a biological. I did my research and knew the risks. Enbrel is a miracle for me. The pain relief was instant, within 5 hours of the first shot. It's been three months and I have full movement, minimal to no pain. I am excited to ski again!"

EnbrelSuccessMegan September 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was a miracle medicine for me, but it caused an extreme break of Pustular Psoriasis, and I had to discontinue the medicine. Apparently it is one of rare side effects of the drug."

garbane July 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my twenties and was on methotrexate and indomethicine as well as occasional prednisone. While the drug regime helped, my arthritis was continuing to damage joints and was really debilitating. Going on Enbrel changed everything and gave me a new lease on life. No symptoms and I'm very active. I feel like methotrexate took me to 60% and Enbrel did the rest-I have to continue to take both to get the results."

Richard A February 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It helped but caused me to have elevated liver enzymes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am soooo happy. After 3 weeks my skin looks healthy and my pain is gone. I feel alive again!"

Healthagain May 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It gave me my life back and in the UK it's totally free."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. Have only scalp issues and joint swellings and pain in legs, knees, ankles, hand and fingers. Got approved for Enbrel and did 2 weeks ago the first shot. All went well other than I got a cough, night sweat and high blood pressure which it controlled. The second shot gave me a small red stain after 3 days of the size of a quarter which grew to the size my hand palm within a day. My cough is like crazy and my throat itchy. Blood pressure high... I went to the doctor who told me I have to get off I'm allergic to it and a next shot could be life threatening. Benadryl did not help, I got 20 mg Prednisone and it's slightly got better with the redness and pain. I will be changed to Humira."

PPRS (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"In less than a few weeks I had noticeable changes in swelling and use of my hands . I used it for over 5 years before it's effectiveness began to wane. Nothing since has worked that well."

Bobstrock October 5, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have got psoriatic arthritis all of my body, fingers, shoulders, knees, neck, but not on my skin. I just have a little psoriasis skin on my head. Had my first shot and within 12 hours my all pain gone. I can walk again. It's like magic."

Zynp (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Enbrel worked wonderfully controlling my moderately severe psoriasis clearing it up completely. My swollen and painful hands from psoriatic arthritis quickly had no more swelling, no more pain, and the joint damage was slowed to next to nothing. The injections can burn sometimes, but the pain was worth it. I had insurance to cover it for a year and a half. It is VERY expensive at almost $500 per shot. I needed one shot per week, sometimes two. Now, I have no insurance and my Enbrel will be running out. I am so worried about the future. Without Enbrel, my life will be painful and the joint damage will quickly progress as well as severe psoriasis again!"

8sjay August 30, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis (although I don't get psoriasis) and have had one injection of Enbrel. It's amazing. Worked straight away. I've been on multiple NSAIDs, DMARDs, etc. for many years and this is the first thing that's worked properly. Fingers crossed it continues."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Excellent , no need to say more. Life changing for me. I am happy and don't hurt anymore. I actually have knuckles and can close my hands. I wake up not hurting, since I just have got use to the pain I did not realize how bad my condition was. You have no CHOICE if you understand. I had taken all types of pills and creams, fish oil, vitamins and none helped. Third shot 12-11-2012."

Russ Wilson (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Enbrel for almost 5 years now, but before I started on it I was almost pushed into disability because I was not able to do my job anymore, now I am about to turn 48 and I am thinking about taking up golf again, which was the first thing that I had to give up. Enbrel gave me a few more years to enjoy my life and not have to think about using a walker or worse."

C Crim April 9, 2012