User Reviews for Taltz to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Taltz has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 40% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 45% reported a negative effect.

Taltz Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Taltz

Shay · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2019

“Had been on methotrexate, Otezla and 3 months of Humira. None were working with the psoriatic arthritis or the psoriasis plaques. My rheumatologist finally tried Talz and within 4 days, my skin was 75% clearer and arthritis pains were less. After 3 months, NO plaques and very little joint swelling or pain. I am feeling almost like I did before psoriasis and PsA.”

Pain management · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2019

“I have had this God forsaken disease of Psoriatic Arthritis too long as most of you. I am on shot 4 loading dose and it has taken me from wanting to die to what I call now living such a awful place My swelling and pain in my head neck sand shoulders is almost perfect. But then there is my right arm and shoulder. It seems like my tendons are spinning and they tighten up so much it will burst my skin if I do not keep manipulating it around in circles? You can’t make this stuff up. When I walk it tightens it and makes me feel as if I am slowing down and it gets harder and harder until I have to literally spin around in place to relieve the tendon. I am at a loss. I was so hoping this would work and it sort of did. My mind is burnt. And my will is broken. Prayers for all. Has anyone else ever had these symptoms??”

Catz22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

“37 years old, have psoriatic arthritis for 11 years, although do believe Humira gave me psoriasis and Cosentyx fixed it. Cosentyx caused massive lung nodules and biopsies showed inflammation. Discontinued and they went away after 6 months. Was on Cimzia for 6+years and did well, then stopped working. Almost seemed to make things worse. Started Taltz. In a month time, have felt unwell, nausea, stomach issues- burning, discomfort, eye blurriness, increase migraines, mucus increased (drainage), trouble sleeping, and reactivate shingles virus. My joints felt stiff, painful but muted? Does that make sense? Haven’t felt good since taking it, and don’t believe I want to keep seeing what it does. I just completed the first two injections.”

Lou Lou · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2020

“Horrible! Talz was great for skin but nothing else! My joints felt worse and I was sick all the time! Tired like you would not believe. I ended up with numerous respiratory infections and yeast infections! Yuck! Sadly this didn’t work for me!”

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

“I have palm plantar pustular psoriasis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa and psoriatic arthritis. I’ve been through Humira, Enbrel, Stelara, cosentyx, and Otezla. I started with a new rheumatologist and she proscribed Taltz. I’m on week 8 of the loading dose and I hate this medicine. For one thing, it doesn’t help with my constant stiffness and pain from the arthritis, it hasn’t stopped my nails from pitting, and worst of all, I have constant severe breakouts of folliculitis. I’ve been taking doxycycline for over 30 days and still have pimples all over my body. Dermatologist suggested I stop with the Taltz. Additionally, it is unquestionably the most painful injection of all the biologics I’ve tried.”

Chris July 27, 2020

“I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis (PA) 14 years ago I have been on everything. My rheumatologist recommended the Taltz. Just took my first shot yesterday. My leg is very sore and red. I have been getting weird nasal sensations as well. I think I'm done trying all medications. I plan on taking a food sensitivity test and looking into natural supplements.”

GB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 28, 2020

“Taltz injection has really worked for me. Started on Temfya and it did not work for my joint pain. Taltz has cleared up my skin and 99% of joint pain. However, the injection has been painful and I do get a site allergic reaction ever time I take the shot for about a year now. Have been taking it on my stomach. Tried my thigh once and it was very painful there, so I stopped.”

KristieTX May 24, 2018

“I have plaque, palmoplantar, psoriatic arthritis, & hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). The PsA was so bad last Dec that I couldn't walk, dress myself, etc. PsA is the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I'm a cancer survivor. My rheum put me on methotrexate & prednisone. My skin instantly cleared. I was a bit stiff with random joints acting up here and there but so much better that I tolerated the small amount of discomfort. Rheum put me on Taltz (I had been on Humira for 2 1/2 years. It stopped working on my skin, and I flared with the PsA WHILE I was on Humira). While the insurance was monkeying around to approve the Taltz, I broke out in palmoplantar psoriasis. Here we are after the 3rd dose, and my palms and soles of my feet are no better, plus the plaques I had before the methotrexate are coming back. I don't know if this is a coincidental flare or a reaction. But MY JOINTS ARE PAIN FREE! So I'm hesitant to call my rheum and ask for another medication. I'm still undecided about its effects on my skin.”

Joseppi · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 20, 2021

“Taltz saved my life. 80% covered with horrible plaques. Five years now and I am still 100% clear. I think that it is a miracle drug. I have done them all. For those struggling, just keep trying. You will find one that works. It took me About 10 different drugs until Taltz. Now I am at the beach everyday without having to hide my body. Don’t give up hope. We are all in this together.”

eemike February 19, 2020

“Took initial double dose injection.. 2 weeks after that felt sick like coming down with a cold...had blood work done liver enzymes were high!! We're not high before this. Waited a week another blood test same thing...week 4 total heart blockage. Now have a pace maker. Not sure if coincidence or rare side effect. Since not taking next dose liver enzymes returned to normal but now I have a pace maker!!”

MERK · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

“I have been using Taltz for 2 months now. I do not have the arthritis pain that I once did in my arms and legs. It has cleared the Psoriasis of my hands about 80% and my feet look some better but only 50% clear. I will continue using Taltz as long as I can. No side effects to mention. First week I can't sleep and I feel a little sick with no appetite. Minor setback in comparison. I'm glad I found this medication.”

Gramma · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2021

“I take Taltz and how I get around the painful injection is to throw a bag of frozen peas or corn on my thigh for 15 minutes before I give the shot. I take the shot and then put the frozen bag back on for a few minutes and it is great.”

Creaky · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2021

“Was on Otezla for four years along with Sulfazine. Otezla messes up your bowels so much that I lost a lot of weight. I went from 195lbs to 159lbs at my lightest, but then leveled off at 165lb. I stopped taking it 3 months ago and am already 175lbs. I did not have a normal bowel movement while taking Otezla. I was switched over to Taltz it seems to work ok for skin but not so sure about arthritis With Otezla its a pill you take twice a day every day so the efficacy stays constant. The biologic I notice by the end of the month I am getting break thru pain in joints. Lots of people complaining about the pain from injection. I never did another biologic so I have nothing to compare but it wasn't so bad. At least I got my Colon back.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2019

“I just took my 5th Talz injection (I take it once a month). My psoriatic arthritis has gotten substantially better but my psoriasis (skin) has gotten worse. I wonder how long it takes before I see an effect on the clearing of the skin.”

Melanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2019

“My psoriasis was somewhat under control and joint pain under control with Remicade. I switched to taltz because my dermatologist thought my psoriasis was not okay. I have had flares with psoriasis and joint I hate medication and am mad at my doctors for switching. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it”

Tracdan December 7, 2020

“After many years on Humira, I switched to Taltz. The pain at the injection site is horrid. Just as the took the sting out of Humira, I had to switch. This is the worst for me yet as far as injection site but is working on my psoriasis, swelling and pain so much better than Humira.”

Anonymous July 22, 2021

“I am 27 y/o that has had psoriatic arthritis for 11 years. I have taken Enbrel, Humira, Cosentyx, Methotrexate, and Xeljanz. This drug has cleared up my psoriasis and helped my arthritis tremendously. I still have slight joint pain (no psoriasis) but this helps me live and function almost normally! The only complaint I have is the amount of pain I have. I thought I was going crazy after speaking with my doctor and told me that her patients don’t report pain with this medication but it’s extremely painful. I have tried lidocaine and it does help a little if anyone is experiencing the same thing I am. I have a horrible site reaction as well, the reaction goes away in less than 48 hours though. It does work well grateful to have it, hope it lasts. My last 3 medications have failed in less than 6 months. If you are feeling the same as I, don’t worry!! You are not the only one complaining on how bad the pain is! :( hope everyone is recovering well!”

mentorman · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2021

“Had my first Taltz injections today. I have taken Humira, Cosentyx, Simponi and Enbrel for my condition and never had such a painful injection. I wonder if they are using square needles? Over the years Humira especially has somehow managed to make their auto injects almost painless but the Taltz injections were by far the worst”

Fbear · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

“Most painful injection so far, tried Humira, Cosentyx and Orencia.”

Hikinhmlm December 13, 2019

“Been on this drug for a year. I haven’t had any side effects. Keeps my symptoms minimal and skin clear. No infections. Great drug. Only negative is injection hurts!”

CK · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

“Caused blood in urine and weight gain in a few weeks”

Mike Jones · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

“Taltz worked for three days and then went right back to the unbearable pain I was in before the shot.”

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis