How long can Tremfya be out of the fridge?
Tremfya can be left out of the refrigerator for NOT more than 4 hours, ONE-TIME ONLY, before being used. If it has been left out of the refrigerator for more than a few minutes, then it should not be put back into the refrigerator. If it cannot be used within four hours, then it should be thrown away.
Tremfya does not contain any preservatives and must be stored in the refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) until the time of use. Do not use Tremfya if it is past its expiry date. Do not freeze Tremfya. Protect Tremfya from light.
Tremfya is an interleukin inhibitor that may be used to treat plaque psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis in adults. People receiving Tremfya can be taught how to self-administer it every eight weeks by injection just under the skin, and the main side effects are injection site reactions and an increased risk of infection.
- TREMFYA® (guselkumab) Jansenn MD. 16/05/2020. https://www.janssenmd.com/tremfya/product-properties/drug-storage/tremfya-storage-and-stability?disclaimer&tid=14787162296135314cd413b6.61829630
- Tremfya (guselkumab) Updated 07/2020. Janssen Biotech, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/tremfya.html
Related medical questions
- What does psoriasis look like?
- How does Tremfya work to treat plaque and psoriatic arthritis?
- How do you get psoriasis and is it contagious?
- How does Ilumya work to treat psoriasis?
- Why should I take folic acid with methotrexate?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of plaque psoriasis?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- What is a substitute for fluocinonide cream?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- How long does methotrexate stay in your system?
- Tremfya Information for Consumers
- Tremfya Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Tremfya (detailed)