How long does it take for Tremfya to work?
It takes about 16 weeks for Tremfya to start working in most people, which is two doses of Tremfya because each dose is given 8 weeks apart.
At least 7 out of 10 people with psoriasis reported their skin was at least 90% cleared after week 16, with more than 80% of people describing their skin as completely cleared or almost completely cleared. After 3 years of Tremfya treatment, 80% of people reported a 90% improvement in their skin. Results may vary between people with some people reporting exceptionally good results whereas a small percentage of people may only notice minimal improvement.
For people with psoriatic arthritis:
- Just over half of trial participants (52%) reported a 20% improvement in tender and swollen joint counts (called an ACR20) by week 16 which persisted till week 24
- Almost one-quarter (23%) of participants reported a 50% improvement in tender and swollen joint counts (called an ACR50) by week 16 which had increased to 30% by week 24
- 8% of participants achieved an ACR70 (70% improvement) by week 16 and 12% achieved an ACR70 by week 24.
Tremfya is an interleukin inhibitor that may be used to treat plaque psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis in adults. People receiving Tremfya can be taught how to self-administer it every eight weeks by injection just under the skin, and the main side effects are injection site reactions and an increased risk of infection.
Tremfya (guselkumab) Updated 07/2020. Janssen Biotech, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/tremfya.html
Related medical questions
- What does psoriasis look like?
- How does Tremfya work to treat plaque and psoriatic arthritis?
- How do you get psoriasis and is it contagious?
- How does Ilumya work to treat psoriasis?
- Why should I take folic acid with methotrexate?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of plaque psoriasis?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- What is a substitute for fluocinonide cream?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- How long does methotrexate stay in your system?
- Tremfya Information for Consumers
- Tremfya Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Tremfya (detailed)