User Reviews for Tremfya to treat Psoriasis

Tremfya has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Tremfya Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Tremfya

Wes · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2019

“Started Tremfya Feb 2019 after Taltz stopped working for my psoriasis. Currently about 6 months in I got swelling in my neck. Went to my GP and was told I now have hypothyroidism and a low blood count. Not sure if this was caused by Tremfya but am concerned because my next dose is coming up and I don't know what to do. Will be going to see my dermatologist soon to see what he says. Has anyone had anything like this while on this medication.”

KSlice · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 29, 2020

“I have been on Tremfya for about 12 months now and have really loved the results. I do have small flare ups just before I am due to take my next injection but over all I have remained psoriasis free. I do have some joint pain which I assume is from the Tremfya but even so it is worth it. Wes, I think you will find getting hypothyroidism could be linked to already having an autoimmune condition such as psoriasis. Often when you have one auto immune condition you are at risk of ending up with two or three. I have both of these conditions. I find intermittent fasting does help a little bit with my overall health.”

LC83 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 4, 2019

“Been on Tremfya for about a year now. I had some form of psoriasis on about 80% of my body before I began treatment. After the first injection I had 70% clearer skin and 100% after the second. The needle is tiny and it is really easy to give myself the injection with little to no discomfort. No joint pain, I have hypothyroidism so I cannot comment on the fatigue side effects as I am always tired anyway. Did have minor headaches for a couple days after injections. Loved the drug but within the last month I have started developing plaques on my scalp and elbows again. Sad doesn’t even begin to describe my emotions. I have another 4 weeks until my next injection so we’ll see what happens. Heading back to the dermatologist if my symptoms worsen after that.”

Bob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

“I have psoriasis but I take this medicine more for psoriatic arthritis. It has not yet been approved by the FDA as of this writing for that purpose. Other medicines in the same category have been approved for this treatment. My psoriasis plaques cleared about 95% after a few months. No side effects that I've noticed. My only complaint is that you take the medicine every 8 weeks on maintenance dosage. By the 6th week I have bad joint pain flare ups in my knees and hand joints. So usually by that time I'm asking for a cortisone shot and begin taking meloxicam along with it until my next dose.”

Toasty · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2020

“I’ve been on Tremfya for about a year now. I’ve been a lifelong sufferer of psoriasis and this was the first drug that really cleared up my skin. It’s been amazing but my only issue is that it’s now causing me sensitivity to the sun. I break out with a horrible itchy rash on my hands and chest. I’ve tried all kinds of treatments for that and have yet to find a successful one. Is this happening to anyone else? Do you have a thought about what I can do about it? I waited so many years to have clear skin and now this. ”

Ambo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 26, 2019

“Been on Tremfya for over 6 months. Cleared 100% almost immediately. Failed Humira and Cosentyx previously. Body aches and joint pain on the rise. Cold sores occurring. A couple of intense colds . Energy drain. So far worth the side effects for me. For now:)”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2019

“I started Tremfya in February 2019. Now my skin is clear, joint pain 90% gone, however, questionable upper respiratory infection after the 2nd shot, and bronchitis after 3rd and now 4th shot. Side effects after 4th shot included worsening bronchitis, fever, chills, and big time malaise... almost flu like symptoms. Continuing to take Tremfya until I can trend the patterns and make sure they are related under my Dr's observations.”

Walt · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

“Dermatologist recommended I switch from Enbrel to Tremfya after 7 years of my psoriasis under control. Tremfya did nothing. My scaling came back in multiple areas and I had blotching on my face as well. Bye bye Tremfya.”

Healing challenge September 19, 2020

“Hi, Ive been on steroids few times in past 10 years. The only thing that helps me is healing naturally without steroids and medication. The healing process includes holistic approach not just physical but emotional and spiritual approach.”

Locksloy · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 8, 2019

“15 mo on Tremfya for Psoriasis Pros: confidence in public settings, 100% skin clearance, super easy company to work with if insurance won’t cover, once every 8 weeks after startup compared to daily. Cons: many bouts of upper respiratory illnesses, several skin infections, skin sensitivity to sun, diarrhea, extreme tiredness week before my shot, will not help joints.”

MA · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2020

“I have been on Tremfya for about a year. What a wonderful medication and psoriasis free! I've been through four other biologics and works like Tremfya!”

Learn more about Psoriasis