How much does Otezla cost?
The cost of brand name Otezla if you are paying cash is around $3600 for a month’s supply of medication (60 tablets); however, most people do not pay this price. Your cost will be different based on the pharmacy you use, any coupons or discounts you may have, or if you have insurance. Amgen, the manufacturer of Otezla offers a $0 co-pay program for eligible patients.
If you have private, employer-based prescription coverage or insurance you have purchased yourself you may be eligible for the Amgen co-pay program, where your cost could be $0. Most private insurance companies cover Otezla (apremilast).
If you have government-sponsored insurance such as Medicare or Medicaid, or are paying cash, you are not eligible for the Otezla co-pay program, but may be eligible through the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) if you cannot afford your medication.
Call Amgen’s SupportPlus at 1-844-4OTEZLA (1-844-468-3952), 8 AM to 8 PM Monday through Friday for more information about coverage for Otezla.
How do I get Otezla from a specialty pharmacy?
In the US, certain expensive and more complicated medications are coordinated through a specialty pharmacy. This pharmacy will work with you and send the medication directly to you through the mail. These medications may need special handling, such as refrigeration, fast shipping, or may need to be more closely monitored for any side effects. A specialty pharmacy will also submit your insurance for you and help answer your questions.
Amgen has also set up a program called SupportPlus that can help walk you through any insurance or specialty pharmacy questions you may have about Otezla. If you have private insurance and are having difficulty getting coverage for Otezla, you may be eligible for free medication through the Otezla Bridge Program.
Can I get Otezla if I don’t have insurance?
If you are uninsured or underinsured and cannot afford Otezla, you may be eligible for the Patient Assistance Program from Amgen. Representatives from Amgen can also help you explore coverage for Otezla through independent foundations, or state programs.
- The price of Otezla is around $3600 for a month’s supply of medication (60 tablets); however, most people do not pay this price.
- Your cost will depend upon any coupons or discounts you may have, or if you have insurance, either private or through the government.
- Amgen, the manufacturer of Otezla offers a $0 co-pay program for eligible patients and other options to lower your cost of Otezla.
- Otezla [package insert]. Thousands Oak, CA: Amgen, 2020. https://www.pi.amgen.com/~/media/amgen/repositorysites/pi-amgen-com/otezla/otezla_pi_english.ashx
- Paying for Otezla. Amgen. April 2020. https://www.otezla.com/plaque-psoriasis-treatment/how-much-does-otezla-cost
Related medical questions
- Do you need to take Otezla forever?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Otezla?
- How to stop taking Otezla?
- Does Otezla cause weight gain?
- Is Otezla a biologic? What is Otezla used for?
- Does Otezla cause depression?
- How long has Otezla been on the market?
- Is Otezla safe to take during pregnancy?
- Sotyktu vs Otezla: How do they compare?
- What does Otezla do to the body?
- Who makes Otezla and why is it so expensive?
- Otezla Information for Consumers
- Otezla prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Otezla (detailed)
Related support groups
- Otezla (23 questions, 64 members)