User Reviews for Cosentyx to treat Psoriasis

Cosentyx has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 63% of those users who reviewed Cosentyx reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Cosentyx Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

AT · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2021

“Cosentyx has changed my life. I had terrible psoriasis for years. My head was red and every one could see. My knees had it so bad they would bleed. I couldn't wear shorts because it looked so bad and I was humiliated explaining to people what psoriasis was, EVERY TIME. It was really hard on me. I tried everything. I went to many doctors and they all gave me expensive products that barely worked, and only for a short time. As soon as I was put on Cosentyx, my knees were completely cleared, my embarrassing red forehead cleared 100% I have been on it for about a year and haven't had one flair up. I understand it may have different results for everyone, but I was willing to try anything to get rid of the pain and scuffing,I'm so glad I tried this”

Mir · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 17, 2021

“Best medication I have had for severe psoriasis and I’ve had the condition for 16 years. I am 100% clear having used this medication like clockwork for 6 months. Injections can be a bit uncomfortable but the autoinjectors make it so easy to use. Bad part is my insurance from UHC won’t cover it, good news is Novartis have covered me for 2 years.”

TeeC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 19, 2020

“I have been on Cosentyx for 5+ years and have never had a flare up. I still have some psoriasis on my ears and one tiny spot on my derriere which can be taken care of if I put a little cream on those spots.”

BadHealth56 December 13, 2019

“Tried this for rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, severe psoriasis. Initially got worse, especially psoriasis. After 3 injections I started to feel better, psoriasis was going away. Only side effect was minor nausea. After a few months my psoriasis cleared up completely. Psoriasis that covered over 80% of my body. Gone. Then the issues. Joint pain, severe fatigue set in. I'm not sure if fatigue was med related or disease related. After not tolerating pain, after 6 months I was off the drug on to the next. I have been on remicade, humara, cosentyx, simponi aria, and now cimzia. Remicade was by far the best but after many years I developed antibodies. All these drugs failed. I'm now on cimzia we will see... All biologics work different for people! Remember that! What may work for you may not work for others. If you had side effects that doesn't others will. If you have psoriasis-psoriatic arthritis, I would skip everything and try cosentyx.”

Mep · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2019

“First sign of Guttate psoriasis in my twenties then really nothing again until 40’s. Ten years of individual cortisone shots into about 30 to 50 pencil eraser spots every 6 weeks kept it somewhat at bay. Dermatologist retired, new young guy said no more of that! Embrel, Humira, light treatment of no help. 58 and clear for a year on Cosentyx. My worry is if and when it will quit working.”

Red · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 28, 2020

“I was taking methotrexate for my psoriasis on my hands for several months and my hands were almost clean but I felt like I had the flu all the time so I started using Cosentyx and after 6 weeks my fingers are splitting again and they are in worse shape than before I started taking the methotrexate. I don’t want to go back to methotrexate!”

gojiracat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 20, 2019

“I have use cosentyx for 7 months . my rash /redness around my back and belly is gone. The red area around my upper legs was 90% gone have had a return of sores/rough skin covering about 20% of cleared area. My shedding/flaking went away but had started to return. the heavy duty scaling on shins never went away fully and now is back with a vengeance . head and ears cleared up nicely no redness or shedding. If this was the only drug out there I would still use it but I am going to try one of the new drugs when my insurance says they will cover it partially .”

Mr Lee · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 20, 2020

“I liked using Cosentyx for its effectiveness and convenience.”

Learn more about Psoriasis