User Reviews for Cosentyx to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Cosentyx has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 46 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 35% of those users who reviewed Cosentyx reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Cosentyx Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Cosentyx

Jeanne · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2021

“I have had 2 drugs for psoriatic arthritis. One was a pill and made me very ill with stomach problems. The other was cosentyx. Unfortunately it also did not work for me. I had diarrhea for 4 months. My hair started to fall out and now I have half the hair that I had before. Soon to be bald. Do not take this drug. If anyone else has taken it and had hair loss please let me know. Thank you”

Dawn Rice · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 30, 2021

“The company that males this should be ashamed of themselves. I have called several times to report my medicine did not get delivered each time I was on hold 48 minutes to a hr and a half before I hung up .”

Canadian Mike March 9, 2021

“I took the load up doses of 6 one week injections when my body reacted 10x as bad as any case of psoriasis I ever had. My joints felt numb and my reflexes were dulled with stomach trauma a side effect during this load up period. I made a decision to stop the injections and I have to admit even with joint pain and severe psoriatic breakouts I feel better! It’s been more than three months since termination of Cosentyx and my psoriasis breakouts are starting to clear up but seem to be lingering longer than ever before. My reliance on sunshine and healthy diet are now my only solution to controlling psoriatic arthritis now. I hoped I could find a solution in a drug but now I know drugs don’t fix the problem but diet and exercise can.”

Johnny 99 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2019

“I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 11 years ago and have not been able to find anything with to cut my pain and the debilitating effects of the disease. I have gone through assorted pain management programs and they are either ineffective or my body rejects them to the point of hospitization. Combining my disease with type 2 diabetes and massive amounts of neuropathy, I find, myself in a tough situation physically and mentally. When I take my monthly Cosentyx shots I get violently ill for a few days and then my joint pain increases for a few days followed by intense itching and redness. It has cleared up 80% of my skin and maybe 10% of my joint pain, but it doesn't help enough. Thank you for allowing me to share and vent a little because it is a lonely battle A tip of the cap and a hoist of the cup to the warriors who live it and the angels who support them.”

Midwest Girl December 15, 2020

“Was on methotrexate for ten years. Did well but thought it was causing some IBS type symptoms. Derm PA put me on Humira. Did nothing and flared really bad waiting the six months before insurance would let me switch. Next was Consentyx. Skin 100% clear in three weeks BUT---hives up and down my arms, back to back UTI's -five of them. I felt a little groggy and like I was wading through chest high water all the time. THEN--major bloody diarrhea. Major. By the time I had a colonoscopy I was a mess. Six weeks of non stop bloody diarrhea. Diagnosed with Cosentyx induced Ulcerative Colitis. Four months on prednisone trying to clear it up. Hoping it is not permanent. Gastroenterologist said he sees it from Cosentyx a lot. Now I have gained another fifteen pounds from the prednisone and back to being in terrible pain. Scalp starting to flare again. Cosentyx was NOT my miracle drug.”

Batty1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2018

“I have had Moderate to Severe plaque psoriasis for 44yrs I'm 48 and Cosyntex has kicked my psoriasis to the curb it took about 6 injections and my skin looks absolutely normal and no side effects at all. Moving on to the Psoriatic Arthritis part of this drug and I have had NO IMPROVEMENT I'm so mad I use to be a super fit person until this disease turned my 48yrs old body into a 90 year old woman. I had high hopes for Cosentyx alleviating my psoriatic arthritis the way it did for my skin sadly it hasn't touch my psoriatic arthritis.....this pain is a monster!”

Lj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 20, 2020

“I’ve been on Cosentyx for about 8 months for PsA. About 4 months in my right eye started twitching. My rheumatologist said it was due to me being overly tired or under a great deal of stress. Neither of which I am. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Overall it has helped my PsA but the twitching is very annoying!”

madrick · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

“to all you short timers. I too had some side affects and thought it did not help with my pain. I gave it 5 months and now l feel much better and I was almost disabled. Now I can do a lot more of the things I could not do just on anti inflammatory meds. The side affects have gone away ..so it is working for me.”

HeartbrokenCosentyxDeadly January 24, 2019

“6 weeks after I began cosentyx I was cleared of 70% psoriasis coverage, & P.A & A.S were serious. Out of nowhere I had 10/10 pain in my abdomen. ER thought it colon cancer or perforated colon, with a bad infection & went for a surgery immediately to see what was putting me in shock. I woke up with a colostomy bag. Thank God I was told 2 weeks later the colon had no malignancies. I stayed in hospital a few weeks & pray I can have the is ostomy reversed within a year- if at all. According to my Rheumatologist, dermatologist & family doctors research- COSENTYX WAS THE CAUSE OF THE PERFORATED INTESTINE. I am mum of 3 my kids, husband & myself thought my psoriasis was disappearing! Maybe arthritis & A.S. SOON also! Never did I think I'd be in this situation. Stay AWAY from this POISON PLEASE. Psoriasis quickly returned. I don't want anyone else to drop off kids for school with a smile, hugs & kisses & then feel like you'll die from pain an hour later”

Suz · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2020

“I have been on Cosentyx for over 6 years now after trying enbrel, methotrexate and a 3 year stint in a clinical trial. It has done wonders for me. My skin is 97% clear. I do have 3 tiny patches but I am okay with that. I am not hiding and have more self esteem, I sleep better at night, no more cracking skin and blood spots on my sheets or clothing. I have had PSA for almost 20 years. I know when I get sick (I had strep throats last year) my skin cracks up so I try to keep healthy. Does anyone know if I can still use Costenyx if I get pregnant? My joints are manageable now as well. I love this life saving drug!!!”

sonomel · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2019

“I used Humira in the past but developed pulmonary embolisms. Now am on Cosentyx and have nothing but good things to say. My psoriasis is 95% cleared. My arthritis is 75% better. I was mostly effected in my right hip, knee and ankle. It was terrible!! Now I am good! It's been 4 months. I hope I am not jumping the fun!”

Celt · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 2, 2019

“Been on for over a year. Psoriasis is gone and arthritis for the most part lessened but for my hands. I need to treat them with pain relieving roll ons and lotions every day. I can live with that situation but am having real trouble with exhaustion as some days I cannot get out of my own way. It really effects my daily life as three to four days out of the week I am very limited in doing much at all.”

kologa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2019

“1000 Characters is not enough space to put down the information for these kind of medications. I tried to summarize Diagnoses: January 2018 Cosentyx: January 2019 Current Date: August 2019 Disease: Psoriatic Arthritis Side Effects: Next to none besides some mild diarrhea Time to Work: 24 Hours Full Effect: Month I cannot walk without medication and am in horrendous pain all the time. With this the pain is MOSTLY gone with some bad flair ups but it keeps everything manageable and I no longer need a cane. It is expensive and you will have to try NSAID and DMARD before getting approval. They dealt with my insurance directly. It has worked great. I would say slightly less effective since I started but going strong and I will stay on it. Give it a try if you are able.”

Maddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

“I have been on Cosentyx now for 2 months. Still no change In my psoriatic arthritis. I’ve begun to get weird issues like cramping in my legs, excessive joint pain and this morning I had a vertigo attack! Wondering if anyone has experienced any of these side effects.”

Kel · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

“I have had vertigo symptoms, extreme joint pain, fatigue, as a result of all medications that supposedly treat psoriatic arthritis and ankylosis spondylitis. So far, every medication I’ve tried has made me much worse. Humira attacked my heart and almost killed me. The steroids caused panic attacks, shortness of breath, and high blood pressure. That’s just to name a few! I think these medications are poison to anyone’s system. I have decided to avoid medications all together. I still have pain but at least I don’t have ten to twenty other awful side effects to go with it. Not to mention, none of the medications ever helped with my pain anyway. If anything, they only made my pain worse.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2019

“Easy to use without injection pain at all. Had two pens that only injected 1/2 meds (replaced free). Very supportive cust service. 5 loading doses and one monthly dose Itchy flaky scalp is 90% improved. Actually joint pain is worse Sleeping 12-14 hrs/day and horrible vertigo to passing out and falling on my face. Hoping for some joint pain relief soon”

Longago January 28, 2021

“55+ years of psoriasis and 10+ years if psoriatic arthritis. In the past with Enbrel (caused multiple shingles breakouts), methotrexate (minimal impact on the arthritis). 2 1/2 years ago started on Cosentyx with amazing results for the first 18 months. After that overall health declined. Started with loss of taste which progressed to severe pain on swallowing, debilitating ear aches, runny nose, oral blisters on gums, swollen gums, thrush. Made the decision to stop Cosentyx. Gradually the impacts from the toxicity of cosentyx are dissipating. All the psoriatic symptoms are back, as was expected, and worse than ever. I'm giving my body a year to re-set before I try anything else. It's a setback physically with the joint pain, but the side-effects caused by Cosentyx as it built up in my body were scary. Stumped multiple specialists about what was going on as much of what I was experiencing was not listed as known side effects - they are now.”

Sammy mac · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2016

“I have been taking the med for two months and I have as of yet had any recognizable side effects and the med seems to exacerbate the reason I'm taking it for, the pain and psoriasis symptoms. So far I can say OK.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 20, 2019

“90% cured my terrible PS skin. 70% improvement in my joints but jaw still v sore. Knee swelling there still but big improvement in back and neck pain. Ankles have improved too. Was in 160mg now taking 300mg hopefully it will help more”

JaneDoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2019

“Took the 4 week loading dose of Cosentyx then took 2 months of 150mg then have taken two months at 300mg. I have had zero improvement in my plaque psoriasis and while I am able to function physically, I definitely am not pain free like I was when on Enbrel. Switched from Enbrel to Consentyx to try and combat the psoriasis. Have had diarrhea consistently ever since starting the drug. Will not be continuing Cosentyx as it doesn't do its job.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2017

“Experienced headaches, exhaustion and uti symptoms while on this drug. Also several areas of psoriasis seems worse, redder and painful. Did help slightly with accompanying joint pain but not enough to warrant tolerating the side effects.”

Frank · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2018

“I would give this medication a 1/10 for PsA and 7/10 for psoriasis. My psoriasis was and has been fairly mild for some time but within 6 weeks of taking cosentyx I was all clear pretty much. I took the 5 week loading dose and 4 consecutive months following that and was forced to stop due to switching insurances and trying to get re-approved. I did not experience any improvement in my PsA symptoms and in fact would say that my general joint ache, stiffness and pain was worse. Besides seeing no improvement in my primary complaint, I have had 4-5 week long sinus infections, a thrush infection and several days in between with general stomach upset I hadn’t had prior to starting this medication. In switching insurances, they wanted me to try Enbrel first prior to re-ordering cosentyx for some reason. I will try that as I am curious to see the difference in effectiveness as well as side effects. I’ll also be taking Enbrel through the winter which will give me a better idea.”

Dg63 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2016

“Was given my first two shot booster and nothing happened at all. After 5 weeks with one shot a week I have no improvement at all. Suddenly felt sick and sleepy all the time and got the worst vaginal yeast infection I have ever had a long with urinary tract issues. Not going to continue this treatment. Just glad that my medical insurance didn't pay the 16 thousand dollars that big pharma mercy wanted for a three month treatment!”

Hubsy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

“I've had psoriatic arthritis for over 55 years. Embrel was the new wonder drug that is until I started to suffer with scrotal abscesses. I stopped Embrel and hoped my body would stay clear of psoriasis. No such luck. Psoriasis came back with a vengeance. I'm now trying Cosentyx. Ist injection 21-05-19, the skin is starting to clear but and here is the but I've got a sore throat, I'm wheezy, ache all over and feel tired all the time”

Jim813 February 14, 2018

“Cleared up my plaque psoriasis about 95% -- could tell a difference after after first or second dose. Psoriatic arthritis pain has been significantly improved. Still some pain the fingers, but that's probably just osteoarthritis. TMJ (PA related perhaps?) pain and jaw clicking went away completely. No side effects noted after 6 months (knock on wood).”

NHGAL · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

“Injection 1 caused a hive over my eyebrow, wasn't sure if it was a mosquito bite, injection 2 hives all over my arms, back, leg and my throat started to close. Antihistamines were taken BEFORE I injected and the hives lasted 3 days! Please have antihistamines nearby.”

last-Time10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 5, 2017

“I am not sure yet if it is coincident or not, but shortly after starting Cosentyx, I experienced extreme pain while urinating to the point of even passing blood. I was taken off the medication for approximately 2 months for other medical issue including UTI and started seeing a slight improvement. (at this time we didn't consider that this could be a side effect) I was given the start up dose again because of the gap in treatment and by 3rd shot (start up dose) I was experiencing extreme pain again. I have been taken off the medication again to see if the bladder pain will improve. Not thinking what I am experiencing is worth taking the medication. While on the medication I do not feel there was any improvement to the arthritis pain.”

Just Great · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 12, 2021

“I have been on Cosentyx for almost 3 years and it has done great for my skin but not much for my psoriatic arthritis which attacks the tendons throughout my body, mainly the lower half (ouch). I have experienced palpitations for a couple of days after injecting the (300mg) and only a couple of hours worth of palpitations after injecting the (150mg) and both injections cause golfball size injection lump that itch. I do believe this drug also interferes with my thyroid levels (I'm thyroid-less)so definitely pay close attention to your thyroid health and thyroid symptoms while on this biologic and any biologic. The weight gain is definitely real no matter what the manufacturer or your Doctor says.”

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis