User Reviews for Cosentyx

Cosentyx Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Plaque Psoriasis.

Reviews for Cosentyx to treat Plaque Psoriasis

"Cleared up skin 100% But had chest infection. tonsilitis and bad cough. So not sure if it is causing this I'm normally well."

Bano (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

"This has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered psoriasis for 30 years nows. I have tried everything under the sun. I had been on Stelara and it was working but not clearing all of the plaques. I started my loading dose of 300mg and seen immediate results after 3 days of first dose. I have just administered my third dose today and so thankful to say my plaque psoriasis is 95% cleared. I still two plaques in my scalp but I am willing to bet by my fourth dose they will be cleared. I am one happy patient after 30 years of suffering."

Jenni (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2019

"I started my loading dose in September. I was truly amazed how my psoriasis was clearing. My skin was smooth for the first time in 20 years. I started having diarrhea and blood . I didn’t think anything was wrong at first just thought I ate something that didn’t agree with me. After a week of diarrhea and more blood I called the doctor, after tests I was informed that I had severe ulcerative colitis. I am 49 years old and have never had any signs of having colitis or ulcerative colitis. My doctor was shocked, how bad it was I contacted my dermatologist with what was happening and could this be from the Cosentyx. She had me stop taking it immediately. I then developed eye puffiness and developed a cyst along with fever and sinus issues. I did some further research and found that many of these issues that I was having are all possible side effects . I hope that anyone that uses this product reads all the side effects . I thought side effects would happen early on."

Teri February 7, 2019

"I had very mild psoriasis, it was mainly on the scalp had 6 or 7 small lesions on different places on my body. I started consentyx 6 weeks ago. I started with a loading dose of 150 once a week for the 1st 2 weeks. I didn’t see any progress and I was really frustrated so I decided to increase the dose to 300 once a week after that, within 2 weeks I was 100% free , now I take 300 every month as a maintenance dose and I thank god everyday for this medication."

John February 7, 2019

"After my second loading dose I had an allergic reaction. My face became swollen and I had to go to ER. My lungs felt heavy and was given epipen. I also became nauseous and vomited. While I hope this drug works for others it did not for me!"

Louise (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

"I have been on Cosentyx for 16 months and it has cleared about 80% of my plaque psoriasis but for the last 3 months I have had sinus issues that will not go away. It feels like I have a constant cold and I'm thinking of asking to switch to something else. It doesn't seem to clear the psoriasis on my feet either like Otezla did"

Cal (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2019

"Tried cosentyx and it worked great the first year, complete clear skin, no pain but It stopped working. Went with Otezla and it’s not working at all. Thinking of asking doctor to put me back cosentyx again but wonder if it would be effective second try. Anyone gone back to cosentyx after not using for a while?"

Ton (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 24, 2018

"I have had psoriasis for 35 years tried herbal, steroids, quack diets, tablets, different ointments (except daivonex cream) and nothing improved my condition, I have been on Cosentyx for four weeks and my skin is already 75% clear."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

"Cosentyx has been the miracle drug!! This was the 1st year in 29 years where I actually wore short sleeves & even shorts. I have psoriasis and psor istic arthritis & last fall both got a lot worse. I have been on so many topical solutions, creams, prescriptions, pills, biologics, with no luck. Some would ease the pain but never clear the symptoms. I decided to just focus on the sun's help until last fall where nothing worked. I went back to my derm & he wanted to try Cosentyx since it had little side effects & required less follow up testing & at that time it had been out for over a year. No joke, within 2 WEEKS I was completely clear & I still am. I cannot tell you how much this has changed my life. I know psoriaisi isn't a life threatening disease but emotionally it might as well be. The embarrassment, the pain & sometimes just looking at it got me so down. Cosentyx has changed my life. I also haven't had much joint pain. I hope one day I won't have to be on anything but until then Cosentyx is my life."

lash97 October 6, 2018

"I started cosentryx 9 weeks ago. It truly is a miracle drug. With the first dose my psoriasis was disappearing. I have lived with psoriasis for 27 years. Now I am happy to be able to actually wear short sleeves and shorts."

Country Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

"I am at week 17 and am 100% clear. I had a throat infection with high fever for 3 days at week 12, other than that no side effects. My joints feel tender, but it may be from the reduced swelling making them ‘looser’. Only other drawback is the $$’s for the med. I am still working to get coverage."

Big$Shot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

"7 years of severe guttate psoriasis is practically gone after 1 month on Cosentyx. I've tried creams, UVb lights, diets etc with limited success. This is truly a miracle drug and has given me my active life back. Bless the creators of this drug. I can't recommend enough!"

Rez (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

"I was put on consentyx about five weeks ago before that was on remicade. I had no blood sugar issues until now. Please just for your safety get your blood sugar checked. I had no issues on remicade and went for routine physical and blood sugar was 500 mg after fasting should be in 100-112 range. It can cause big health issues. They are trying to figure it out now. I’ll keep u posted. I am not bad mouthing the drug because I am grateful they are finding better treatment - I just think they should look into this. Search for this online and you will see."

Ryanvanf (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

"I tried all sorts of medications and treatment for couple years such as UV light, steroid cream, HUMIRA, BUT when my new dermatologist prescribe me COSENTYZ after couple weeks of injections I could see some improvements and continued taking it. Now I'm all healed up"

edward (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

"I have had plaque psoriasis for over 20 years tried otezla, methotrexate creams and lotions. Cosentyx has come to my rescue it has cleared my skin and I feel like a human being. For the first time in years I can wear clothes with short sleeve shirts there's no plaque on my face. I've only started this treatment but it keeps improving my skin all the time. I have never been happier I thought this could never happen and it did clear skin does happen!"

Door (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

"Been on Consentyx for almost a year. I was about 80% covered before starting and was 100% clear after the loading stage. But as of Mar 18 it came back with a fury. I'm now taking shots every 2 weeks to no avail. Its coming back like it never went away.."

Moon June 17, 2018

"Plaque psoriasis started when I was 22 (13 years ago). Used steroid creams but it got to where it covered so much of my body, it was impossible to treat - so I simply maintained. About 18 months ago, I finally decided to get a dermatologist. We started on Otezla and after about 5 months, there was no more improvement (which was very little). After 1 year of Otezla, asked my derm about Cosentyx. We started that March 2018. After the first month of loading doses, I went from about 60% of my body clear to 75% clear. After my May dose, I am now almost 100% clear. It did leave behind discolored areas of skin where the larger plaques were but that is slowly fading away with tanning and continued Cosentyx injections. Easy injectable pens and little to no side effects. Definitely worth considering. "

srtaylorjr June 13, 2018

"I have had psoriasis since I was about six months old, having to lay on a towel from being unable to wear diapers, breaking out in horrible burning rashes from almost anything scented. Years of being subjected to laser therapies, tar shampoos and soaps, oatmeal baths( oatmeal EVERYTHING....don't even get me started on aveeno), all it does is smell good. I have tried vitamins, light therapy, other shots, medications, and nothing would get rid of the growing scaly red flaky patches on my scalp, forehead, ears, and elbows. Side effects I had itching for a few days, bruising from site injections, dizzy for about 30 minuted after dose, but otherwise no complaints. This is a specialty drug. It has to be refrigerated and you have to take two shots once a month, self inject or have a family member do it but they are sensory pens so not too hard or complicated."

Ilovecows3! June 9, 2018

"I started injections on Friday. I've got psoriasis all over body at moment. I took injection out fridge did not inject till room temp but it still stung and burnt. Can anyone help on what to do for comfy injection please :)"

alli (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

"After 14 years on other biologics with minimal results and loads of side effects. Cosentyx has changed my life in just 4 months!! For the first time in almost 20 years I have clear skin and wore a short sleeve shirt in public. What an amazing feeling!"

Michelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

"It’s an amazing medicine. I’ve tried so many treatments for my psoriasis and they would work only at the beginning, I’ve tried the ointments, the UV lights, the pills and nothing was really good enough for me, plus they had bad side effects. But since I’ve started cosentyx my life got much better , I’m 99% cleared from psoriasis, with only small side effect ( running nose ) which I consider is nothing comparing to previous treatments .. I’m so happy now I feel like I’m a new person just started living my life."

Ally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

"I've had psoriasis for over 35 years last year it came on really bad like never before my first treatment was humira which I had a bad reaction so I stopped taking it. Then I went on Otezla for 8 months with no result then my doctor put me on cosentyx and I'm so grateful because in less then a month I've had such great result compared to 8 months of nothing this is such a miracle drug with no side effects. I'm one satisfied customer thank you."

Anonymous March 27, 2018

"I have Palmoplantar Pustular Psoriatic Arthritis, and since it is severe) I get treated w/ones meant for plaque psoriasis. After 7 months of Cosentyx, no change. In fact, flares happened 99% of the time immediately after injection. Disappointing."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2018

"I tried this medication while waiting for my insurance to approve tremfya it was a joke. No change of psoriasis and gave me athletes foot as a side effect. I suggest humira over cosentyx any day"

117jay February 21, 2018