User Reviews for Cosentyx to treat Plaque Psoriasis

Cosentyx has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 87 ratings for the treatment of Plaque Psoriasis. 69% of those users who reviewed Cosentyx reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Cosentyx Rating Summary

7.4/10 average rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Plaque Psoriasis.

Reviews for Cosentyx

Texricharx · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2021

“I just wanted to thank the makers of Cosentyx for their help. I get my first dose this week and I am so excited. Thank you so much!”

Leeboy · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 9, 2021

“I have been on cosentyx for 6 years and it has been a life changer. Before starting cosentyx I tried everything for my psoriasis and joint pain nothing worked till my doctor told me about cosentyx. I was one of her first patients to be put on cosentyx and have been using it ever since awesome medication.”

Bionic chad · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2020

“Started Cosentyx a year ago for 90% covered plaque psoriasis and psoriasis arthritis. Literally gave me my life back joint pain gone skin cleared up .Just received my artificial hip back on Cosentyx again this drug gave me a life worth living again thanks Coaenryx”

Beth · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

“So, I previously left a review for Stelara - which I had stopped and then had a full blown inflammatory response in my body-joints, tendons, spine, and scalp psoriasis. I since started Cosentyx. I have done the five loading doses (300mg - 2 injections) and I honestly feel 10 x better. I felt so debilitated in the previous state. (I'm in my 30's and very active so debility should not be in my vocab). I still have a little residual arthritis in my hips and tendons but I think it will clear after a while *Fingers Crossed*. It supposed to take anywhere between 12-16 weeks to fully take effect so I have got time to be patient. IF not a little Tylenol and Aleve daily have been working well. I do not feel fatigued as I did with Stelara. I do get a random nasal drip but its manageable compared to the alternative. So I feel like I'm getting back to normal. I probably have to take a biologic for the rest of my life to function normal but if it works, I'm happy. I will up date as time goes on.”

cathy0513 December 3, 2015

“I started using Cosentyx in September 2015 I was very apprehensive about trying it but I gave it a try 5 doses for 5wks straight then once every twenty eight day but by the third dose my psoriasis was 98% gone and by my fifth and last dose I'm psoriasis was 100% gone. I have not had any breakouts I am still 100% clear my skin is soft an beautiful I HAD psoriasis for over 30 years I recommend everyone to try COSENTYX I AM very happy I gave this a try an you will be to..”

lash97 October 6, 2018

“Cosentyx has been the miracle drug!! This was the 1st year in 29 years where I actually wore short sleeves & even shorts. I have psoriasis and psor istic arthritis & last fall both got a lot worse. I have been on so many topical solutions, creams, prescriptions, pills, biologics, with no luck. Some would ease the pain but never clear the symptoms. I decided to just focus on the sun's help until last fall where nothing worked. I went back to my derm & he wanted to try Cosentyx since it had little side effects & required less follow up testing & at that time it had been out for over a year. No joke, within 2 WEEKS I was completely clear & I still am. I cannot tell you how much this has changed my life. I know psoriaisi isn't a life threatening disease but emotionally it might as well be. The embarrassment, the pain & sometimes just looking at it got me so down. Cosentyx has changed my life. I also haven't had much joint pain. I hope one day I won't have to be on anything but until then Cosentyx is my life.”

Santa · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2020

“I've had psoriasis for 50 years and have had several treatments including Humira, methotrexate, and many others. I was on Humira for 3 years and it help a little. My doctor suggested I try cosentyx and after the first dose (300 mg) my psoriasis cleared up by 70%! Unbelieveable! It's been 4 weeks now and it's 95% clear! So far, no side effects!”

Grace1979 February 2, 2016

“I have had psoriasis for 20 years, on my scalp and body. I have tried every cream, ointment, pill and quite a few shots. So when my doctor suggested trying Cosentyx, I wasn't exactly thrilled to have to give myself shots again. But I tried it and after just the first month I could finally see my knees, I didn't have to apply and creams, ointments or scalp oils. Every last bit of my psoriasis was cleared, 100%, I couldn't believe my eyes , I was amazed!!!! 20 years of putting on scalp oil, with a shower cap on and going to bed embarrassed next to my husband, and now I can get out of the shower, style my hair and go, NO MORE SHOWER CAPS!! I know every medicine works differently for every person, but you have to give it a try!”

Teri February 7, 2019

“I started my loading dose in September. I was truly amazed how my psoriasis was clearing. My skin was smooth for the first time in 20 years. I started having diarrhea and blood . I didn’t think anything was wrong at first just thought I ate something that didn’t agree with me. After a week of diarrhea and more blood I called the doctor, after tests I was informed that I had severe ulcerative colitis. I am 49 years old and have never had any signs of having colitis or ulcerative colitis. My doctor was shocked, how bad it was I contacted my dermatologist with what was happening and could this be from the Cosentyx. She had me stop taking it immediately. I then developed eye puffiness and developed a cyst along with fever and sinus issues. I did some further research and found that many of these issues that I was having are all possible side effects . I hope that anyone that uses this product reads all the side effects . I thought side effects would happen early on.”

Too Young to feel so old · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2016

“I have been taking this medication with the study for over 2 years for severe psoriatic arthritis. My psoriasis has disappeared. I rarely have outbreaks and if I do they are small and disappear within weeks. For psoriatic arthritis, I would rate it lower, around a 7, because I still have to take a d-mard each month along with 300 MG monthly of cosentyx . Still, this is an impressive medication for people with severe psoriasis arthritis. I was barely walking when I started this study and now people ask why I have a handicapped tag. That massive improvement is due, in part, to this medication. It took about 3 months to feel the total effects for the arthritis and there was a noticeable difference taking 300 MG instead of 150 mg.”

Jenni · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

“This has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered psoriasis for 30 years nows. I have tried everything under the sun. I had been on Stelara and it was working but not clearing all of the plaques. I started my loading dose of 300mg and seen immediate results after 3 days of first dose. I have just administered my third dose today and so thankful to say my plaque psoriasis is 95% cleared. I still two plaques in my scalp but I am willing to bet by my fourth dose they will be cleared. I am one happy patient after 30 years of suffering.”

Cam13 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

“After Humira stopped working for my psoriasis I was switched to cosentyx. Within a month my symptoms had almost completely disappeared. 2 years later my skin is completely clear. It has changed my life. Thank you.”

jgg122177 April 17, 2017

“I thought that Cosentyx was finally the miracle drug as it cleared me about 100% for a good two years. But now all of a sudden it's starting to flare up on my lower legs out of nowhere...man this is BS. I guess I should be thankful for the couple clear years I had in my life. Back to Earth again I guess. Hopefully the next 2-year miracle drug comes soon. I bet the cure for psoriasis is out there, just like the cure for cancer probably is...but big pharma wouldn't allow that to happen...nope too much money to lose.”

eptexas · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2016

“First, let me say that i am so thankful for biologics to treat psoriasis and make possible to live and enjoy life without scales covering 100 percent of my body. Enbrel worked great for years. It stopped being effective. I tried stelara and humira but didnt work for me. Thank God for Cosentyx. After the loading doses and first month there after, I am about 98 percent clear. This is the clearest I've been in a long time. So easy to administer, zero pay with assistance copay and clear skin... with no side effects yet ”

Gnfanatic April 20, 2016

“Freaking miracle drug. I tried everything but nothing would get rid of my psoriasis. I am a 6 year sufferer of it, had it everywhere including my scalp. I am now 6 weeks on Cosentyx and I am completely clear! I am beyond ecstatic, truly incredible stuff. So far I have had so side effects and hopefully that will continue.!”

ogiebjl April 6, 2016

“I have been on Cosentyx now for 5 months. I went from severe to 95% clear, with no side effects so far. Zero sugar, low carb, high fat diet; exercise; and sun/UV on the rash are also very important to keep it clear. Also the plaques have largely to do with a biofilm, sticky fungus bacteria environment, created by normal/harmless skin Malassezia and Staphylococcus varieties. Your body can't break down the biofilm but these can: chitinase, essential oils (thyme oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, etc.), sugar alcohols (xylitol etc.). I make lotions with these and fractionated coconut oil (which are anti-Malassezia saturated fat chains) to break down the psoriasis plaques so they can heal. Active vitamin D prescription ointment (calcitriol).”

Anonymous August 2, 2016

“I have been on Cosentyx for about 3 and a half weeks now and my psoriasis has improved I would say by 80%!!! All the plaque is now flat against my skin (meaning, if I close my eyes and rub my arm, I cannot feel any areas of plaque). All that remains is the discoloration from the plaques which are slowly fading as well because I go to the tanning booth to tan. I have experienced NO side effects at all, in fact the skin on my face is also glowing and radiant. After suffering from psoriasis for over 10 years my body had become immune to Clobetesol and Humaira really didn't work for me, but Cosentyx has been GOD SENT! I would recommend and hope that this work for anyone and the best thing for me has been the quick improvement >30 days!”

mrsjenn · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

“I've had plaque psoriasis for about 5 years now, had it on my scalp as a child and it laid dormant until I turned 30 then BOOM covered in plaques all over. Was prescribed methotrexate originally in low doses which helped but never got me clear. Then slowly my doses had to be increased just to keep me somewhat controlled. I begged my Dr to let me try the newer meds (biologics), he was old school and insisted we stick with the old drugs. I was given a referral to a new dermatologist and thank God for him! Within the first week of my loading doses, my skin began to clear and also feel "normal". Those with psoriasis know how you feel it coming on just under the skin. I'm about to take my 4th loading dose and all that's left is the red areas where my bad plaques were. Every time I shower and exfoliate, they get lighter and fade more and more. The only side effects I've had are feeling slightly jittery directly after my injection and feeling tired. To curb that, I take my shots at bedtime now.”

Kgb856 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

“I have had plaque psoriasis for the last 20 years, over the last 5 years it has gotten progressively worse. I have failed humira, enbrel and several other biologics. I have been on Cosentyx for 6 months. After about 2 months into treatment I experienced about 95 percent clearing. After my 2nd maintenance dose I noticed a few patches reoccurring. I am now six months into treatment and am experiencing about a 35 percent reappearance of previously clear areas.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2016

“I have been on Enbrel, Humira, Otezla and Stelara and various topicals over the past 15 years or so. Each medication seemed to reach a plateau as far as effectiveness which is why I moved on to another. I've been on Cosentyx a little less than 2 months and my psoriasis is worse than it's ever been. I spoke with my dermatologist and was told that Cosentyx seems to take a bit of time to see positive results. Their experience has been that right around the third month, improvement is seen. That's the only reason I am staying with it for another month or two. After reading all these glowing comments about having clearer skin in weeks or a month, I'm a little discouraged that my psoriasis has gone 1000% in the other direction.”

SteveS February 3, 2020

“I took Cosentyx for severe psoriasis beginning in February, 2019. I saw good results, with est. 80% plaque clear up in under 4 weeks. However, within the first 6 weeks I developed new onset Crohn's disease. Nobody in my family has a history of IBS. I lost almost half my body weight, suffered severe pain, bleeding, and missed months of work. The doctor doing my colonoscopy couldn't even get a 3rd of the way in without harming me. I'm not alone in this experience there are other people who have had this experience. Novartis' website still claims that new onset Crohn's or IBS is not possible. I am now on Remicade supported by a high weekly dose of methotrxate, just to avoid having a flare up. I have not had a flare up since stopping Cosentyx. The risk of severe, violent crohns is not worth using this drug.”

Moe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2019

“I am on 4th month of Cosentyx and it may not work for some but as of second month my skin was 90 percent clear. I just have scarring from where the rash was severe on my arms and legs. My two elbows have a pea size scale on it. Because I am getting the meds for free right now I am worried what will happen when I stop having it, I'm kinda sad about that. I felt like a hideous monster due to my Psoriasis. I am going to have to see if I can find some kind of sponsorship so that I do not have a lapse in treatment because what I am hearing is once you stop it comes back bad. My dermatologist is amazed how fast and clear it has worked on me.”

Rhonda K. · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2017

“I have suffered with this debilitating and embarrassing disease for more than 10 years. Creams, steroids and light therapy made no difference. I am on week 5 of Cosentyx and experienced a severe cold and cough that I could not fight due to the weekend immune system. Other than that this is proving to be a miracle for me. Almost clear! I cannot remember the last time my skin felt soft and itch free. No more flaky scalp and body! I am hoping that the great results continue and wish the best to all other users!”

Izzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2019

“It's been five weeks since I started taking Cosentyx and now I am completely clear of psoriasis but I have now begun very very very bad aching bones/joints, very nauseous, my bones have hurt so bad that I'm having so much trouble sleeping. I've gone to the emergency room because of the pain. The ER said everything's fine so I'm gonna continue taking Cosentyx for maybe 2 more months but I'm very scared of what's going on with my body. If my body continues to feel like this will definitely quit.”

Adina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2019

“I've been taking Cosentyx for just shy of a year and my psoriasis has gotten way worse. The itching is something I never had to deal with and it has spread. The sinus troubles are horrible. I've been on so many, I'm not sure if anything is going to help.”

motherhess · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2017

“I have had psoriasis for 30 years. I've used many topical ointments, light therapy, and Embrel. I've also tried many home remedies and recommendations; however, nothing worked to clear my skin and my arthritis got worse. I started Cosentyx and after 3 weekly shots, my skin started clearing, by my second monthly shot, my skin was completely cleared everywhere! My arthritis is already much better after the 3rd monthly shot and hardly noticeable at all. If you are a candidate, I highly recommend this course of therapy. The shots are barely painful (I am a wimp). ”

ClearSkinNow · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2017

“I'm thrilled with Cosentyx!! My doctor made me try the other one, Taltz, and I got horrible injection site reactions from it. Cosentyx started clearing my skin after the first injection and by a month, I was almost clear for the first time in years! Swimsuit here I come!! Oh and their plan brings my copay to zero and it's not based on my income. Did I say I love this medicine??”

GingerBeard May 17, 2020

“I’m now 40 and I just started to have psoriasis at 36. I started Cosentyx in February and it’s now May and the plaques have lightened a lot but haven’t went completely away. My biggest concern is that I’ve been actively working hard to lose weight since November and had lost close to 35lbs when I started Cosentyx. I’ve been on a strict diet since November and exercise program working out 5 to 6 days a week starting January. February I started the starter doses of 2 shots a week for 4 weeks of Cosentyx, I’ve gained the entire amount of weight back mainly in my midsection, regardless of how much I try to lose. I’ve taken the monthly dose now for 2 months and keep gaining. I’ve talked to my dermatologist about it and he just keeps referring to the companies claim it doesn’t cause weight gain. I disagree because that’s the only thing that’s changed in my regiment. I think I’m going to stop taking. I’d deal with the psoriasis than to keep gaining.”