User Reviews for Rivaroxaban to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event

Also known as: Xarelto

Rivaroxaban has an average rating of 4.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 63% reported a negative effect.

Rivaroxaban Rating Summary

4.1/10 average rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event.

Ann. · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2021

“I was started on Xeralto 2 months ago. I am now experiencing spikes in blood pressure, blood sugars, headaches, dizziness, ringing in ear, headache. I feel awful, awful. I am stopping this drug before I feel worse. PLEASE if you have any of these symptoms stop . Call your Doctor. If they won't stop it. See another doctor that actually cares about you. Please listen before it's too late.”

Brian · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “2008, I broke my leg from a dirt bike accident, got a DVT under my knee on leg with the cast, then broke into Bi-lateral multiple Pulmonary Embolisms. Put on Coumadin for 6 months. 18 months later, working for 4 1/2 hours at a desk, stood up, had another DVT under the opposite leg, went into Bi-lateral multiple Pulmonary Embolisms again! Test showed Factor V Leiden.After 2 years, my Dr put me on Xeralto, living a more normal life. Last 2 months terrible pain in my right 3 toes, Podiatrist noted that foot was red and warm, compared to left foot. Ordered an Ultrasound on my leg, have a blood clot?! He is having a Vasular Surgeon review and see it he wants to see me. Darn it, now after nearly 10 years this is happening?!!! I am concerned, 1) should my dosage at 20 mg be increased? 2) should I have surgery to dissolve or remove the blood clot? I am sure upset and apprehensive!!!!”

Nr · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “I was put on Xarelto in Spain after I got a blood clot. When I returned to the US I stayed on it another two months. It’s ridiculously expensive and has no antidote but I still gave it a try. My last ultrasound still showed my blood clot was there. So my vascular surgeon took me off it. My new hemotologist wants me back on it but I don’t see any benefits to this medication. I am going to try a natural supplement called platexia. Hopefully it will relieve my pain in my leg and foot and dissolve my blood clots. (Old and newer) one from pregnancy the other maybe from birth control.”

DDJJ November 22, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “I was put on Xarelto in July of 2015. I had my a very large blood clot that covered my whole left leg.. I took the drug regularly not missing a pill. I had another ultrasound droppler done on the same leg just week ago and I have another blood clot in same leg. Now this drug says your not suppose to get any more blood clots while on the drug. Well it never worked for me...”

MrSkittles July 7, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “Put on Xarelto 2 mos ago. for dvt in left leg. 3rd such occurrence. Have a genetic disorder for blood clots. Only had mild headaches. As for the stomach problem, after reading info on this drug found out it has lactose in it. So being lactose intolerant I bought some pills for this condition, and take it before I swallow my pill. Works fine. No more stomach problems. My one concern here is when I cut myself I do not bleed anymore than I did before. So am wondering if this med is working for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2018

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “I hate the side effects from Xarelto. I've been diagnosed with Leiden factor V blood disorder. Had been on warfarin for 10 years with no side effects however it was discovered blood clots were still forming in my legs. Was placed on Xarelto October 2017. Up until October I was very active in running 3-4miles 5 x week along with swimming 2-3,000 yards 1-2x a week. Now I can barely walk briskly. Terrible knee joint and leg muscle pain. Can no longer enjoy running or swimming. Doctor suggested putting me on Eliquis....read other patient accounts for that drug and it seems worse than Xarelto. I'm alive but frustrated that pain from from side effects of this drug has severely restricted physical activity”

Mysty2017 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2017

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “Genetic Factor 5 - inherited from my parents. My body produces more blot clots than the average person, therefore my Dr. put me on this anticoagulant almost a year ago.I take it at bedtime..sometimes (not often at all) a pain in my head.”

Anonymous November 15, 2015

“I had been on warfarin for 15 yrs due to DVT in each upper arm 3 yrs apart. I was absolutely fine on it except INR was up and down due to healthy diet! Dr told me about this amazing wonder drug rivoroxban and that nothing interacted with it. So on her advice started taking it! Worse decision I ever made!!! fainting spells, I was admitted to A E with haemorrage of my uterus! Itching like you wouldn't believe! This drug needs banning on women of child bearing age!!! Its dangerous! I have been on this drug exactly 4 months and have decided to go back on warfarin tomorrow!! I can't wait. Never mend something thats not broken. There is no antidote for this drug yet! Its like walking round with a loaded gun! dangerous!”

Junay · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2016

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): “I Bumped my leg after being on it for two days and had major bruising mind you I don't bruise easy and I'm dark. Plus it hurts really bad. Otherwise going well.”

Learn more about Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event