User Reviews for Flecainide to treat Supraventricular Tachycardia

Also known as: Tambocor

Reviews for Flecainide

Premodremo · Taken for 10 years or more March 29, 2020

“I have SVT I've had it since I was 14 I am 40 .. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder because they thought my heart racing was anxiety... the truth be told I don't have any anxiety.. Well truth be to told the only anxiety I have is why my heart races.. I've been on flecadine for 12 years. I've had no issues except the last 2 weeks my heart started having PVCs.. I've never had these before . This knocks the wind out of me. I go to see my cardiologist on Monday will see what's going on”

Gcarddeededed · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 22, 2017

Tambocor (flecainide): “I have been on Tambacor for 7 years now and in the past 2 years I have been having dizzy spells, almost blackout, panic attacks for no reason, breathing problems out of the blue, eyes are blurring up more and more each year, no energy, weak muscles and not for lack of trying I just can't get them to tone up so I consider myself weak. My tummy gets upset ringing in the ears and the most annoying other than the dizziness is the low blood pressure it just drops so times! These are all symptoms for this drug. I was in denial for a long time as these side effects were minimal and just became worse . I'm not on any other drug. I'll have to go off it but what's next??”

rellimlm · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2017

“Following a knee replacement over two years ago I developed SVT...a runner for 35 years, I couldn't believe I had any issue with my heart. Hypertension, mainly due to heredity, but that is about all I can complain about. I lived with the problem for a year until 1/2016 when my doctor put me on metoprolol...this stuff was terrible. My heart rate would drop to below 50..or go higher than 90. Again I lived with this medication for a year until I thought about cardiac ablation. Before considering this method, my NEW Doctor prescribed flecainide. This was a game changer for me. Though I still have a "skip", I am functional and have much more energy and overall better wellness than I had not had for years.”

Sue Travis · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2016

“I am a reasonably well controlled insulin dependant diabetic. I was put onto flecainide as I was unable to have an atrial ablation and had reacted badly to both beta blockers and calcium blockers. Within 24 hrs of taking a dosage of 30 g , twice, I lost all control of my blood sugars. I stopped taking flecainide within 48 hrs of the start due to out of control blood reads ie excessively high. 2 days further down the line I still have no control of my blood sugars and have so trebled the amount of insulin I would normally take, eg 14 at breakfast to 8( plus an additional 8 units mid morning). 18 at lunch compared to a usual 8 units as examples. My diet has currently very little carbs in it as I attempt to get things back under control.”

Learn more about Supraventricular Tachycardia

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)