User Reviews for Xarelto

Learn more about Xarelto.

Xarelto Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 69 medications used in the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Xarelto to treat Atrial Fibrillation

"After starting Xarelto, I saw no change after a few days so I headed out to my sales territory. I decided to spend the night in Chattanooga. I urinated before midnight and thought I saw a slight pink tint to my urine. I got up to urinate about 2 hrs later and decided to pee in a cup. Defintely reddish. I used another cup about 4 am and when I got up about 5:30-6am. This time my urine looked like ketchup water......I canceled safety talks and headed home to see my doctor. Defintely had blood in my urine. He stopped Xaralto..... Back to Coumadin and monitoring."

deermeat48 August 21, 2016

"I have had afib for about 12 years and have had two ablations. Afib is back again but not all the time. Had to be electroconverted in late Feb and was put on Eliquus. My blood pressure went sky high and I started to develop diahrrea. As it got worse, they agreed to switch me to Xarelto. After about a week, my diahrrea was out of control and there was blood in the stool. The doctor told me I had to stay on it but I couldn't take the side effects. I haven't taken Xarelto for three days. No more blood in stool. Diahhrea is clearing up. Blood pressure down to 119/66. BAD DRUG!!!!!"

Hoops1106 April 15, 2016

"After being on Coumadin for 1 year I thought I was going to go crazy with all the annoying phone calls from the office about blood testing. The doctor kept telling me the tests are necessary to prevent me from bleeding out or having another stroke. I said isn't there something different and he referred me to talk to my PCP who recommended Xarolto and it has changed my life for the better. I never felt so good and I never have to worry about blood test or diet. Needless to say that doctor is no longer my doctor"

Yardley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

"I'm diabetic and it's uncontrollable since taking Xarelto. I'm sure Afib symptoms are gone now so I can't imagine a downside. I'm seeing my neurologist this week to remove me from the medication. I live in Thailand where Xarelto is cheap without insurance."

Donx February 21, 2016

"I have terrible headaches after 2 weeks. Some are so bad I vomit and have vertigo. Other days I will have head pain for 12 hours or more. At least 3 headaches a week now."

A M T February 7, 2016

"In my case, I believe that Xarelto keeps any injury from healing in a timely manner. A scratch that would normally disappear in a week or two lasts months for healing. It worries me even though several doctors from different specialities have said there is no connection here."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2015

"Xarelto probably saved my life from a stroke with a fib. I feel great on a high dose....I adjusted well and feel better than before I started it. I don't fear a stroke anymore with Xarelto."

Skyrae November 19, 2015

"Bruising is common. I have lower back soreness and right leg hip area pain. Some leg weakness in the afternoon and evening. No reason to stop the medication in my opinion. I have had kyphoplasty and gall bladder surgery, and the medication was stopped temporarily for both. No adverse reactions."

OldRN56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2015

"I have had no major adverse effects from taking Xarelto. However, it seems that since starting this, the back of my lower neck itches all the time. I have scrubbed my neck, I have no rash or appearance of anything unusual, just the itch. Wonder if this medicine could cause this. I believe I ran across an article of someone complaining of the same condition but I don't know where I saw it."

phyllis23 October 31, 2014

"Since taking Xarelto I have had 3-4 vivid dreams/nightmares per night that were very work specific-strenuous and exhausting (not frightening) and I awaken in the morning exhausted from all the effort put forth in the dreams."

MLSW (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Some itching with this but so glad not to go for blood work and to be able to eat whatever I want. Cardiologist put me on this in January as I was on warfarin since Dec 26. This doc does ablations for Atrial fibrillation (and teaches fellows also) and this is what he wanted me to take. Little bruising, minor bleeding when brushing, nothing significant. I also take amiodarone for the Atrial fibrillaiton."

forno mama June 29, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I missed two doses of Xarelto and had a Mini stroke which doctors say came as a result of the missed doses. You must take this medicine every day. It does not build up in your system over time."

Eniarter (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2013

207 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Have been on Xarelto for 9 months.. no real adverse effects.. only confusing thing is I do not bleed when cut.. or bruise when bumped.. I have asked the mfg so many times to explain this.. and no one answers me.. my INR is a (1). When I ask my Doctor, he tells me don't worry it's working."

Norbec (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Moderate to severe pain in my upper stomach every night, and also after various meals."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2012

186 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate