User Reviews for Repatha

Learn more about Repatha.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 5 reviews 16 medications

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous 2 reviews 10 medications

High Cholesterol 9 reviews 48 medications

5.3
Summary of Repatha reviews 16 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Repatha

For High Cholesterol "Stroke at 45...heart attack at 51...high cholesterol since 30's and statins did not work..Repatha brought cholesterol down to 80 from 275....all levels perfect...no side effects..I started treatment July 2016."

DeAnna M. November 9, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I started taking Repatha in Feb. of 2016. It lowered my cholesterol considerably at the beginning but started experiencing pain in my legs, hips, back and shoulders right after taking it but did not tie it to the Repatha at first. I gave myself an injection in the leg in August and had a large swelling at the site of the injection. It went down in 4 days, but the pain in my body became severe to the point I could not walk many days. My muscles and tendons became very swollen. I called the number listed on the Repatha prescription insert a total of 4 times the pain was so bad. The Repatha reps were no help and told me to talk to my doctor. I finally ended up in the E.R. and then had an aneurysm 3 days ago. I blame it on Repatha!"

66Max October 2, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Age:40 weight:170 pounds height:5' 10" Had heart attack at 35, have 5 stents. Cholesterol prior to attack 280... Have been on max dose of statins for last 5 years and cholesterol has been at 180. No additional improvement with zetia so discontinued. Started Repatha in addition to 40mg Crestor about 5 months ago. Total Cholesterol has been at about 80 since the first month (hdl 50 ldl 30 tri g 55 ). No side affects with statins or Repatha."

Texas resident (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Tried to take statins in past and can't tolerate them. Tried Niacin approach which didn't work. Three months on Repatha and my cholesterol went from 330 to 143. No change in diet. wow. It works! No side effects. Easy to self inject. miracle drug we have been waiting for."

Anonymous September 1, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I experience an allergy-like response in my sinus and most likely is the cause pain behind my eyes. I believe I have had a rash also. I thought it was poison ivy but it was all over in different places. My eyes seem drier also. The cholesterol lowering effect has been huge! My doctor and I decided to go back to Crestor at a lower dose."

Wall-e August 30, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I have been on this drug about 2 months.I like to know if anyone taking it has experienced eye problems? it could be coincidental but I am getting type of hives on my eye and stys which I never had before. the other side effect for me are getting hives on my hand but just for a couple of days then they disappear. More concerned about eyes . Like to know if anyone had similar experience? Cholesterol level dropping but not drastically yet"

noisette1 August 7, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I have muscle aches with statins. Tried Repatha and did fine for a month or so. Lowered total cholesterol to 120. Then one day after an injection in my right leg, I got severe right leg cramps. It took two more injections to tie the leg pain to the injections. I thought it might be gout. Orthopedic doctor said it was a torn tendon in the knee Pain was level 2-8 and I could hardly walk. It settled in the knees. I'm about 10 days since last injection and pain is less every day. Definately sure its the drug as I have never had knee problems. Hope there is no permanent damage."

Mr. Golf (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Fantastic miracle drug! I'm only 34 but had a heart attack at the age of 32. I have had heart disease & high cholesterol since age 25. Been on meds to treat both since, and watched my diet, and exercised. My HC never dropped, and only continued to spike higher, and higher. Nearly a year after my heart attack I could feel that I would soon have another if nothing could be done. I was at the max dose of meds with 0 results. Repatha was my last hope, and here are my before & after results. Before: Total Cholesterol: 281 HDL(Good Cholesterol): 44 LDL (Bad Cholesterol): 219 After Repatha (Only 2 months of treatment) Total Cholesterol:198 HDL(Good Cholesterol): 53 LDL (Bad Cholesterol) 124 Everything is within normal range now!"

Anonymous June 7, 2016

For High Cholesterol "3 months on drug. No noticeable side effects. Amazing results, even doctor was shocked. Combined levels before using Repatha over 260. With Repatha 108. More importantly LDL levels dropped to 28. Did not change eating habits at all to get these results."

Adayray (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I had a heart attack and stent and have a problems with taking statins. I have taken 4 injections so far. I have stomach cramps , and double over with pain, leg cramps unreal. I can tolerate Crestor 3 days a week. Had check up with my heart Dr and he said go off the Repatha it will lower your numbers but, as it states and so did my heart Dr that there is NO proof it will help your heart. I thought this strange but, as he said it also says that on the pamphlet that comes with it. I am quitting taking it stomach aches and bowel problems are miserable."

trumpvoter (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

starjem April 29, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "On my 4th shot. I have had a lot of muscle pain, especially in my left leg. Major spasms. Doctors think it is a slight bulging disk, but they have never seen this type pain with a bulging disk. Still not sure if it is associated with Repatha. Anyone else had this kind of pain?"

GaryE March 24, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "My total cholesterol was at 190 taking 80mg of Lipitor, also LDL-P level was at 1600 among other extremely high levels of sub-cholesterol levels. Since taking Repatha 140mg injections once every two weeks my numbers have tanked! Now total cholesterol is at 99 my LDL-P is at 538! and triglycerides at 80. No side effects other then a runny nose for a few hours after my first injection. I hope they find out it lowers the heart attack rate and stroke rate. What a miracle drug so far!"

Sundace1950 March 9, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I had a heart attack in 2014, my doctor put me on lipitor 10 to 40mg a day with very little effect, then 10 to 40mg or crestor with very little effect. My LDL was 115 and HDL was 39. Then he put me on Repatha, after 6 weeks my LDL is now 41 and my HDL is 51. The only side effect that I have noticed is a very little bit of congestion. Of course the big drawback from this drug is the cost. At $14,000 a year it is going to be hard to get past the insurance company. But it does work."

protoham (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "All statins gave me severe flu-like symptoms of muscle aches, fatigue, etc. After two months using only repatha, my overall cholesterol was reduced from 248 to 82, tri-glycerides from 276 to 107 and LDL from 166 to 30 with no side effects"

Cliff Hanger (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "fatigue, headaches, muscle aches"

dog lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016