User Reviews for Repatha

Learn more about Repatha.

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous 3 reviews 10 medications

8.7
High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 13 reviews 16 medications

8.5
High Cholesterol 28 reviews 50 medications

5.4
Summary of Repatha reviews 44 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Repatha

For High Cholesterol "After 1 shot started diarrhea, scalded my skin and it made open sore. Lower right back started hurting. Day 17 I'm waiting on blood work before I take a second shot and my neck at the base hurts. Weird pains I'm not used to that hurt and affect my life quality. Can't take statins. Don't think I'll ever take another shot of Repatha. If it messes with your liver it can kill you. Will walk at least 60 minutes a day every day. Continue watch fat and trans and cholesterol. Last shot 27 days ago. Between initial post and now, I'm still nauseated. Loose bowels every time I eat I have to go. Can't go anywhere. And physically irritating. Still knees and back pain and behind my eyes, trouble swallowing, body spasms. Still so tired and no energy and have trouble."

Ginjoe (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Took one shot and after two days started with nausea. Due in 3 days for another but not going to do it. The cost was like a mortgage payment and I am a senior citizen. Will try and be faithful to a good diet. The nausea is still with me."

minnowpp September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Terrible leg and knee pain , the drug worked great in reducing my bad numbers but the pain is not worth the results"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Took 3 shots or Repatha. OK after first one, but after the 2nd and 3rd I began to feel bad. Had back aches, soreness in hips and knees. Difficulty in climbing stairs. Blood work showed that it did lower my total cholesterol and LDL. However, I feel that this drug is not worth the serious side effects which I experienced."

njboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Took my 3rd fortnightly shot and I will not take any more the side effect are getting worse back ache muscle ache runny nose feel like I'm run down with a cold"

Okthanks123 August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I have been living with high LDL my entire life. I had 4 CT heart scans over a 20 year period. Mild Plaque burden in one area seen grew to 3 areas. I tried almost every statin on the market. I could NOT tolerate statins. Between muscle aches, joint pain, muddled thought, energy issues. When running to Google my symptoms online, I realized thousands of people were experiencing the exact same. I was convinced all these odd symptoms were from the statins. I was off and on 4x and subsequently stopped. Note: best blood results were Lipitor but still MANY unbearable side effects! I ride a bike. I'm athletic. I'm physically fit my entire life. I eat better then most. My blood work with Rapyha after 3 months almost seems like a miracle."

Joe 46 yo, genetic Lipid issue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Took Repatha on advice of my Doctor since I had very bad reactions to all the statins. After injection 3 I blew up like a balloon so badly I could not wear any of my clothes, I was very ichy, had huge red blotches all over my body, did a lot of throwing up, eyes swollen shut. Still suffering after 2 months off Repatha. Do Not Take It."

Smhb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I have taken two 140 mg at 2 weeks apart. I know that I am just starting. For the first 4 days after each injection, I felt "tension" and did not feel like being social. Minor body aches, weakness, and fatigue."

Enrique Cezanne (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Was going in for a heart Cath, put on repatha because I can't take statins. Dose 1, some diarrhea, mild back pain and feeling like a kidney stone was trying to move. Dose 2, same feeling as dose 1, seemed a bit worse, wrist, knees and ankles slightly swollen. Dose 3, Two hours after injection, felt like my teeth were 3 inches tall , lost the use of my legs for 5 hours, joints ache and low back pain, 7 on pain scale, 3 days later, upper right quadrant pain, muscle spasms, hurt to walk, knees and feet felt like they were on fire. Nipples are painful, short of breath and can't get enough sleep, tired all the time. Been to ER, advised to discontinue repatha. Been 45 days, still having severe back pain and very short of breath,"

jhman August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "I have been taking Repatha for several years through a trial at Mt. Sinai in NYC. I have several problems but I am not sure if the drug is causing them. Well, here goes anyway, 1) Soreness in lower back 2) Breathing problems ( I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen and I'm winded, especially when I walk any distance or carry something heavy, or walk up stairs quickly 3) sore joints in my knees and thumbs, I have been advised that I no longer have any cartilage in my joints. Go figure 4) Loss of energy 5) my toes feel like their is too much blood in them? 6) my achillies tendons in my feet in the morning seem to be two sizes to "

Johnny Gumbah August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Horrible experience. Lost all lower body strength. Severe and I mean severe knee pain. My knees would burn all over and just a lite touch to them would make the pain even worse! Have had bad tendinitis for 4 months. Pulled back muscles. Walking became difficult. Didn’t even bring my numbers down. Stopped taking it and felt my strength and muscles return. Still waiting on my tendinitis but I feel it is finally getting better. Not safe, not effective, wouldn’t recommend to a lab rat."

Mailman2 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Had high total cholesterol. Crestor helped but didn't get LDL low enough. Took Zetia and that caused serious joint and muscle pain. Started taking Repatha samples from doctor. It's working great with no side effects. Total cholesterol 121, LDL 38 and HDL 58. Unfortunately, Blue Cross doesn't want to pay for it, so my doc is going through the appeal process."

Judge Roy Bean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "I started taking Repatha in April 2017 and the first thing I noticed was back pain, then muscle pain. I can't use my right arm for much and can't open jars and things that required using my wrist. I am dizzy headed, and feel so bad all the time. (Fatigue I guess) I am taking 2-3 hour naps during the day and I am only 51. I've never done this before. I talked to my doctor and she said come off of the Repatha for a month and see how I feel. She's not sure it's the medicine. Repatha is really easy to use and is shipped right to my door in a cooler package. Repatha dropped my bad cholesterol from 187 to 67 after 3 doses. (bi-weekly). I don't know what to do about taking This drug. I think it's making me feel really bad all the time."

Carrisum (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "After several months of no problems I have a UTI. Not sure if it related to the drug or not. While on this drug I have gone from a 229 cholesterol to 159. Not sure the ends justify the means but since I can't take the regular drugs for high cholesterol"

donna48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "After taking the 2nd shot started having back pain, pain in my knees and hands I can't take statins for the same reasons I was hoping this was the drug without the pain"

Ray l (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Work great but, my quality of life wasn't there. Drug turned my muscles into marshmallow to the point I couldn't walk. So what's the point. I ended up pulling muscles when I bent over, $300 later @ a chiropractic put me back together again. Statins for me are bad news !!!! Can't take them PERIOD so quit pushing the meds @ $500.00 a shot"

SLAP (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Bad chol at 48 (about 156). Total chol at 148 and good chol at 66 after 5 months with statines. It's amazing."

Eric Theunissen March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "I'm a very active 63 yr old with a 4x bypass. After a year of not recommending any cholesterol treatment I finally brought it up myself with my doctor, when she recommended Repatha because of my statin intolerance. After my first injection I started to experience muscle pain in my lats and pecs. It felt like a severe muscle cramp that spread to my arms, although my muscles were not constricting as they would with a muscle cramp. I conferred with my doctor and she said I should not be feeling any side effects because it takes 3 months to reach a therapeutic level so I took the shot the second month and I'm sorry that I did and will not be taking it again because the pain has spread to other areas."

Hurting in VA March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "I have inherited familial high cholesterol. At age 36, I had quintuple by-pass surgery. At age 46, 56, 63 and 65, I had stents due to blockages. I've been taking statins for 30 years in spite of severe muscle pain, currently Crestor and started Rapatha injections every two weeks, shortly after it became available. I consider the shortness of breath I have been experiencing to the Rapatha, and my symptoms have grown increasingly worse during this period of time, including weakness and trouble breathing. I have allergies and asthma, which I thought was the source of my trouble breathing, however, my breathing problems have significantly worsened since taking Rapatha and is a debilitating side effect. Cholesterol has dropped significantly."

Mastry March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "Be careful. This drug can put you in the hospital within the first week. I suffered debilitating muscle pain in my left leg. I lost half the muscles. I had to sit in a chair for 3 months to recover on 60 mg of steroids. It took 8 months to figure it out. If you have any pain in your legs or back stop immediately. Don't think you can overcome the pain, the company will not admit the severity."

GaryE March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "After 15 years of cholesterol issues and statin intolerence, I met a great cardiologist after my heart attack and now have 3 stints. She got the insurance to cover the Repatha. I had blood work after 12 weeks. My total cholesterol is cut in half. Triglycerides from 85 to 74, LDL 154 to 55, HDL from 42 to 46. I'm on my 2nd quarter of shots so we'll see where it goes after another 12 weeks."

Lawnman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I have heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. I also have coronary artery disease as a result. The statin medications caused me to have myalgia, malaise, protein in my urine, increased blood sugar levels, weakness and forgetfulness. After having triple bypass surgery 4 1\2 years ago, my LDL was still too high despite being on a high dosage of Crestor and zetia. I started Repatha 6 months ago and my LDL is at a record low and my HDL has increased. The only side effects are slight burning at the injection site and minor flu like symptoms that last for a day. In my opinion Repatha is a miracle drug."

Li'ipua (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "In September of 2012 I had triple bypass surgery and in October of 2014 a stent to my left renal artery. I have coronary artery disease due to heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. I was on numerous statin medications and they had nasty side effects. Additionally, they did not lower my LDL'S to safe levels. My total cholesterol before my surgery was 300 with high triglycerides and LDL. Due to the high dosage of statin drugs, I had horrible myalgia, malaise, forgetfulness, protein in my urine, elevated blood sugar and muscle weakness. After being on Repatha for 6 months my cholesterol has being lowered by 70%. The only side effect from Repatha is stinging at the injection site. It is a miracle drug."

Mel Conrad February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol "I was on Praluent for a year no side effects, cholesterol was great. Insurance wanted me to switch to Rapetha, after 2nd injection noticed constant stomach pain, constant diarrhea, and I have vivid dreams all night and wake up exhausted. I called my doctor to go back to Praluent, I cannot take the side effects."

Bad genes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "High Cholesterol (425 total) for all adult life-diagnosed at 35, went thru every LDL lowering drug as they were new to market. Some lowered as much as 100 points, numbers still very high. Triple Bypass surgery exactly 2 years ago, cardiologist started me on Repatha when it was released 1 year ago. The first 3 months I was battled flu and colds. It seemed my immunity was lowered. I was very run down and started on B12 and Vitamin C. I tried to resume a somewhat active life this past summer and became exhausted very quickly. Still working on building strength and staying healthy! Tests show Total Cholesterol at 165 (!) Wow. Thankful for Repatha , my supportive family & amazing results!"

tennismom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017