User Reviews for Repatha

High Cholesterol
4.1

Summary of Repatha reviews 4.9 114 reviews

Reviews for Repatha

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction "I can't take statin. My doctor prescribed Repatha to me and confirmed to me that it has no side effects. I took 3 injections. I started feeling muscle pain and back pain . I felt very weak and fatigue. I check with my doctor and pharmacist. They said that Repatha is causing these problems. I wish I never took Repatha. I wish someone can tell me how long I have to wait to feel better and get back to normal conditions. It has been 2 weeks since I took my 3 injection. I recommend that you don't take this drug. It's dangerous. I don't what to do now."

Victimx October 8, 2018

For High Cholesterol "After second dose, I had nausea, missed a day of work for vomiting, no appetite, felt weak. 4 days later I had intractable diarrhea. Called Repatha nurseline. She read statistics about side effects to me. Asked her for help/advice. She said they don't give advice on dealing with side effects. Within an hour, I collapsed. My mom called 9-1-1. Went by ambulance to the hospital with severe dehydration which caused acidosis. Spent 3 days in the intermediate care unit of the hospital. My palms and the soles of my feet itch. I have a hacking cough, head and muscle aches, and blurry vision. The doctors had no answers and treated me for a virus that usually only causes a cold. Read about similar reactions. I asked if it could be from the Repatha; docs didn't know what it was or what it was for, (at a teaching hospital). Wish I'd done more research. When my doctor prescribed it, I asked if it was safe. He said it was. I believed him, like most patients would their doctors. He was wrong."

DCvdOwl (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I started repatha in Nov 17. I immediately developed uncontrolled diarrhea. Cardiologist said I would adjust to the medication. I didn't so checked Amgen's product info. After 6 months I took myself off of repatha @ my primary care md's suggestion. This was in April 18 as of 10/03 It has not gotten better. Called FDA they took my info and told me to call amgen the mfg of repatha. I did and never heard back from amgen. My GI docs are saying theres a lack of info on the drug for my Docotrs to figure out whats wrong and fix it. Ialso have numb spots from where I gave myself injections."

eaglewynd (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I started using in this 5/17. Effects after first taking was very bad. Got very sick like the flu. Wasn’t going to take anymore but I talked to a pharmacist who suggested I give it another try. I couldn’t take statins so this was prescribed. My cholesterol was over 300. Side effects seemed to be not as bad. My cholesterol went to perfect numbers. But now over a year on this my blood platelets have dropped. A lot of bruising. My red blood cells have enlarged and fewer of them. I have stopped taking this drug. Hoping my blood levels can be restored. Have been referred to a hematologists. Do not recommend. Wish I had done more research instead of just listening to my doctors."

Lynn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction "Have attempted to use Repatha as I am unable to take any other statin drugs. Have been attempting to use the drug for over a year now, having suspended use a couple of times first due to a serious gastric event and then due to the flu. Have now determined that it is the Repatha that is giving me flu symptoms even if I only inject once a month. 7 to 10 days after the injection I develop a severe sore throat followed by two weeks of sinus congestion and sometimes laryngitis."

Baker (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2018

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction "I had 7 injections of Repatha because I could not tolerate oral statins. It lowered my cholesterol & LDL, & HDL went up. Developed stomach & intestinal pain so severe I had to go off of the necessary meds e.g. Plavix & aspirin after 5 stents & had to go to ER. Cardiologist asked me to stop Repatha."

TINA (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I injected this drug on August 10 2018. The next morning I felt like I had the flu with my hands and face swollen. Then 4 days later horrific diarrhea .After that horrific mucus from coughing and horrific back pain now I have problems with my stomach - I can't eat drink or burp feels like my stomach is dying along with my colon - horrific swelling in my stomach. I have been rushed to hospital twice allergic reaction to repatha also it has given me a auto immune disease. This drug is dangerous. I feel like my organs are dying. My dr is trying different meds to try to reverse the side effects nothing is working. Please be careful I wish I had researched this drug before taking it. Now I'm bed ridden and its Sept 9 2018 and I am still having side effects."

della (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I took repatha for 6 weeks and started to feel lethargic. I also had lower back pain and was light headed with bouts of dizziness. After discontinuing repatha it took 6 weeks to start to feel better. Repatha was very effective at reducing my cholesterol but I could not handle the side effects. I just hope that I will eventually feel normal"

Canuckcarol (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I started repatha in Oct 2017. I immediately developed diarrhea. My doctor said to continue using saying I would adjust to it. I never did so I stopped repatha in April and now Istill have the problem. Also it was like giving myself the flu every time I did injection. Undergoing a battery of test now."

eaglewynd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "Started injecting Repatha 4 months ago. Got IBS and now appear to be gluten intolerant. Don’t know if It’s a coincidence or linked to the medication. Feels like flu symptoms without the runny nose most of the time. Ache so much after going to the gym."

Mikecefn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I have been on Repatha for about eight months because I can not take statins. I have had some bad side effects. Joint pain, back pain, sinuses continuous drain. Can go to sleep, fatigue bad. High blood sugar. And I feel it has eat my stomach lining out. I can't eat much of anything. I have been off of it 30 days and hope and pray this medicine gets our of my system before 3 months. I will have to see if I can keep my cholesterol down with diet. This stuff feels like it is killing me. Would never recommend it at all.."

Take Sugar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2018

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Bad experience with Repatha, it has been six weeks and still going on. I have had every test possible since I started feeling sick with Repatha. Dizziness, felt nauseous, unbalanced, felt like I was very hot, then would turn ice cold. It was not vertigo or anything to do with my ears. Had an ENT Doctor check me, MRI, all sorts of lab work done. Conclusion, reaction to Repatha. Wish I had never started the injections. Prior to this I was in good health, high cholesterol was only medication that I took, live a very active life, have never had any surgeries for anything, very good health for a 74 year and not used to being sick. Very concerned. The excruciating headache wakes me up at 3 am, will last about 5 minutes, then I turn ice cold, feel fatigue, and then dizzy. Really bad experience. Wish I had never gotten started on Repatha."

Lindy August 29, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I am female age 66. Took my 4 th injection three days ago. The first three I had zero side effects. After taking the 4th I did not sleep at all! Felt extremely tired the next day and had to nap for 2 hours. That evening I was so tired I felt sick with fatigue but was able to sleep. Now tonight I can’t sleep again! The day after my 4th injection I had a blood test with super results however when my BP was taken it was 130/60 I always have low BP usually 100/62 or about there. I mentioned the BP with the cardiologist and she didn’t seem concerned! But I am, as I lay here NOT sleeping I’m thinking my BP is high which is causing the insomnia! I should be sleeping because I take 1200mg of gabapentine and night for neuropathy which always conks me out! Calling my Dr ASAP"

TB August 29, 2018

For High Cholesterol "My first Repatha injection was on August 8, 2018. I had severe muscular pain in both shoulders within 48 hours and back pain in the morning. The reason Repatha was suggested by my cardiologist was to eliminate the muscular pain I had been experiencing from the oral medication that I have been taking for years. What happened was just the opposite; the pain was not eliminated and remains, to this date, more severe than the oral medication. It can take possibly months before Repatha dissipates from the body. Repatha might be a wonderful solution for many patients suffering from the affects of the oral meds, but based on the denial by their local rep that my problem was a result of their medication, I’m concerned that others might suffer as I am."

Duke August 28, 2018

For High Cholesterol "This drug is horrific I have developed diarrhea, back pain, bloody watery stool, sick at my stomach, weakness and flu symptoms. You name the side effect - I got them. I'm coughing so hard I poop my self. Do not take this vile stuff...………...I give it a 0"

della (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For High Cholesterol "My first Repatha injection was on August 8, 2018. I had severe muscular pain in both shoulders within 48 hours. The reason Repatha was suggested by my cardiologist was to eliminate the muscular pain I had been experiencing from the oral medication that I have been taking for years. What happened was just the opposite; the pain was not eliminated and remains more severe than the oral medication, to this date. It can take possibly months before Repatha dissipates from the body."

Duke (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I am a 74 year old female unable to take statins. I have been on Repatha for 5 months and have had constant lower back and neck pain and constant fatigue. I honestly thought that when I began to have tingling and burning feet it was because of a pinched nerve. Reality hit yesterday when several hours after my Repatha injection my lower back pain was so severe I was in tears. I could not lift my legs to get in my car. Now 24 hours later the pain is subsiding. I had hoped this drug would be the answer for lowering my cholesterol but with so many side effects I have no choice but to stop taking these injections"

Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I am a 73 year old woman. My health was not perfect, but normal for a woman of my age. Then started taking Rapatha shots every 2 weeks. The worst mistake I ever made. It began with a very sore throat, at the same time severe headaches ( I had never had a headache in my life. Went to an ENT for my throat, after 2 test for strep throat and went to opthamologist for for eyes which felt like they were being pushed out of their sockets. Neither could explain my pain. THEN the worst pain ever in my lower back and legs. Can hardly walk. It’s been 6 weeks off the drug, still no relief. I now have no quality of life. Please tell me this drug will leave my body. I would rather die from high cholesterol, then live like this."

Lu Lu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I starting taking Repatha 140mg every 2 weeks in 2016. My cholesterol was 320 I had been taking other cholesterol drugs but they did not reduce my numbers. I’m 71 and when I started Repatha I did not connect my headaches ,neck pain and fatigue to the drug. Around three weeks ago I started having leg pain, knee pain, leg cramps and leg weakness. The pain is so bad I can’t hardly walk. Tomorrow I see my cardiologist I will ask if there is something else I can take .the Repatha did bring down the cholesterol back to normal."

LLL (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2018

For High Cholesterol "70 yo male. 20 years ago got a stent in my "widow maker", another stent 10 years later. All statins > muscle pain. Cholesterol always very high but with high HDL (the good cholesterol). "Chol. ratios" excellent (Paleo), but Drs. don't believe in them. Started Zetia, and months later Repatha. No side effects for some months and cholesterol WAY down. Then, lower body weakness w/ balance problems. Had many tests including 4 MRI's of spine and brain. Nothing found. Also got PT which definitely helps, but still harder to exercise. Then got extreme fatigue after exercising every time. Collapsed in a chair mid-day hours every time. Stopped Repatha. Looking at other comments now, I see other issues I had may be side effects. Blood pressure higher. It felt like I had gynomastia for many months. After stopping Repatha it went away. Last sugar test higher than ever. I also had what I called a UTI. Got antibiotic. And memory problems got worse. I strongly recommend Vit C therapy."

3snakes August 7, 2018

For High Cholesterol "1 shot repatha 3 months ago and at first I didn't feel I had any side effects then I started having pain in my hip and groin area and kept getting pain which I thought was my lower back that was acting up. I couldn't afford $1,800 copay so I couldn't afford . My family doctor gave me another sample injection 2 weeks ago. This time all my joints are painful can hardly move my hip at all the pain in my groin is much worse my wrists and knees which never hurt are pain and I realize now it's this drug I'm worried how long it's going to take to get out of my system and if all of this reversible. I absolutely can't take this one. It is not any better than anything else I've tried. On the positive side my cholesterol went down the first time I took the injection around 80 points so it does work but the side effects are not worth it I don't want to be a cripple I can hardly get out of bed"

Maj (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For High Cholesterol "Worst drug on the market. If I could give it a zero I would! After 2 injection I experienced extreme muscle weakness and joint pain. I discontinued the medication. Contacted the FDA they informed me I was not the only person they had heard this from. I asked how long before the side effects were gone? This was March. They told me end of May! It did get better. But recently the muscle pain is back. It also grossly elevate my cholesterol after I discontinued the medication. I would not recommend anyone take this medication. The pros vs the cons are just not worth it. I don't think they can give a 125lb woman the same dose they give a 300lb man and not expect side effects."

Ssocenblu (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I'm a 35-year-old Caucasian male with high cholesterol since early 20s. Doctor Rx'd Repatha along with Lodalis and Ezetimibe. Cholesterol is now very low. I have severe bilateral hip pain but do not know if Repatha is the cause. Otherwise no other side effects. Recommended if you can afford it. 140mg every 2 weeks by injection."

Peter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol "My Cardiologist recommended Repatha. He was aware of my allergic reaction to Proluent. Specifically both meds produced dangerously high BP results. My former Cardiologist treated this with the application of .6 mg/hr nitro patches and oral as needed. Both Cholesterol meds contain a vaccine style component per the research physician for one of the manufacturers. She was no help except to assure me my reaction was “extremely rare”. It takes a while to get out of your system. In my case, 10 months. Following the Repatha I was avoided by my current Cardiologist and eventually suffered an in- hospital heart attack. I researched Cholesterol and feel it might be less of a problem that it is given credit for."

Frmrburger (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I am a 71 year old male and in relatively good shape. I was working out and riding my bike 10-15 miles a day. I have chronic high cholesterol (300 overall). I cannot tolerate statins. I started taking Repatha on March 3, 2018. Shortly after the second injection I developed sinus issues (bloody nasal discharge), headaches, muscle/joint pain, muscle weakness, arrhythmia, diarrhea, and severe debilitating back pain. I did not immediately make the correlation with the Repatha injections. I made a appointment with my GP and he took me off Repatha. My last injection was May 13, 2018. The symptoms have improved, but are still present. I only hope the side effects are reversible. The quality of my life has been significantly impacted. I am disappointed. Repatha did lower my cholesterol, but the side effects are hardly worth it. Research this drug before you inject it."

Sandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018