User Reviews for Praluent

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
5.5

Summary of Praluent reviews 6.3 37 reviews

Reviews for Praluent

For High Cholesterol "This drug is great. I have been on it for 3 months and had my first blood test. My cholesterol went from 277 to 130 and no side effects."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I have been on this drug for 3 mo. Everytime I inject---for 36 hours I get leg pain and hand cramps and feel very tired. I am unable to sleep due to the leg pain and both hands have severe spasms. Joints seem to be getting worse with movement in tennis and pickle ball . I am going to see my doctor and stop this medication. Will have to do diet alone because all statins cause body spasms and cramps"

JJ2905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I'm a 53 yes old female, I've had two heart attacks back in 2015. Also diabetic and other chronic illness. My doctor prescribed this medication about four months ago, at first I didn't take it something made me weary. I don't tolerate statins. Just this week took my third dose. The side effects are horrible the pain is unbearable. My memory is a mess. I can't literally hold a cup in my hands. Lower back pain, legs are weak if I move an arm it feels like it's being broken , my shoulders hurt my neck hurts, literally I'm not able to function at all. I will not take this medication ever again calling my doctor tomorrow and letting him know, that I'm practically in pain 24/7. I refuse to be this ill."

Melly (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I am a 64yr old female. I did my first shot yesterday. Had to go to ER with very high bp, rapid hear bears, swollen eye lids, jittery, head and neck pain, itching, red skin. It was a negative experience"

Love (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For High Cholesterol "My Cholesterol was higher 5 for years when it should have been under 5 to be normal. Unable to take stations, it was 7.4 when I started on Praulent. 9 months later, my cholesterol was down to 4.53, and no noticeable side effects. I have always been prone to sinus infections, but the number of incidences or severity has not increased."

Lady B (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I have been on praluent for about 18 months had some cramping in my hands ended up in the hospital last week with cellulitis. The infectious disease doctor said it happened when I gave myself the Praluent shot and it malfunctioned. I am thinking about seeing an attorney as I was in severe pain for several weeks. I am 75 years old"

HUGH March 6, 2018

For High Cholesterol "started Praluent 9/2015. Began cough/cold symptoms 1/2016. Injection every 2 wks. Symptoms got worse each time med was injected. 7/2016 Informed my Dr who said symptoms were unrelated. Between 8/2016 and 1/2017 went to the ER 5 times and spent 20 days in hospital. Bronchitis and autoimmune reaction. The med reduced LDL and destroyed my immune system. Had to receive infusion and still have very low IGG. Once I stopped it Took all of 2017 to start feeling a little better. Reported reaction to mfg and FDA. Thinking about seeking litigation advice."

RSU (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I posted here in Aug stating that due to pain in my legs, fatigue, backache etc I had stopped this med. On a recheck w/doc in Sept I found that my chol had risen to 410! So rebound was terrible; double what it was pre-praluent! I am now back on 75 mg and will be rechecked in Dec. I am already experiencing nasal/mucous issues and some back pain and fatigue altho not as bad as when on 150 mg. What I'm wondering is if anyone out there knows if this can cause long term severe problems and has anyone talked to their doc about these side effects and if so what were their comments please."

EDB (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "BAD CHOLESTEROL went down from 380 to 145. Before with other drugs no results after years and problems with erection. Erections are back now. No side effects really."

BELGIAN BOB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 21, 2017

For High Cholesterol "I am a statin Intolerant patient who was initially excited to try this new drug. Was easy to administer and seemed to be working with little side effects (minor cough and cold symptoms). Total Cholesterol went from 203 to 98 after just two months. As I continued to use the drug developed severe shortness of breath and heart palpitations. Sadly apparently I can't tolerate this drug either. After further research, there is little research on long term side effects. My pharmacist told me that patients are reporting my same symptoms and even memory loss. Not the drug for me."

Girl power August 23, 2017

For High Cholesterol "I started taking this drug in Dec 2015 w/amazing results! Within a few months however I noticed I was feeling ill and had sore muscles particularly in my upper legs, and bc I am a devoted walker, 3-5 miles per day, I began to wonder if it could be the Praluent. My Dr informed me that he had not heard if problems do I continued to take it. In May this year a problem arose with ins/availability of this drug for me. Bc I was forced to stay off it for a month, all of a sudden I began to feel better! I mean all tiredness, fatigue, muscle pain were just simply gone! When offered the meds again I have refused. I was really really sick from this medicine. This is my own experience. Since then I have read a lot of blogs where others have exp same"

EDB (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I have genetic heterozygous familial hyperlipidemia. I have a good diet and decent amount of regular exercise. My LDL has shot way down after a short time on this drug, from 154 to 40-85 range. HDL is slightly lower at 37 than it used to be - 39,40. I've been taking it for 6 months. My liver enzymes are elevated but still within range. I haven't seen too many physical side effects except recently I had bruising and soreness at the injection site with my last shot- this hasn't happened before. I sometimes have liver and digestive pain but I also have GI issues from before so I'm not sure it's the drug. I'm pleased but hoping my liver enzymes stabilize and the injection sites don't get too sore in the future. I also take high dose statins."

Schuyler August 2, 2017

For High Cholesterol "I no luck with statins, Dr. put me on praluent (3.5 mo.) I have had 1 heart attack resulting with 1 stent before I started Praluent. I also have torticollis in my neck and buldge discs in back which I am treated for, but since I started Praluent seems like my symptoms are worse. My neck , back, and legs hurt. 2 weeks ago I thought I was having another heart attack, went to hospital ER pain eased and EKG came back normal, possible side effect? I am thinking about taking myself off Praluent, I am tired of feeling like garbage . I'm a 67 year old male ,"

larry s. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Excellent results"

Francis50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Age 57. It has lower my LDL to 62. At age 49 I had a bypass 10 years later a stent and then had procedure to kill some of my extra heart beats. I have been taking it for over a year now and my skin feels like a bad sunburn, my throat closes off when drinking and eating now and then. My sex drive is about gone for me. When I go to sleep I start coughing for about 10 minutes then stops Throat gets dry sometimes then coughing and mucus starts running down throat."

copierman (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "74 year old male, triple bypass in 2002. Cholesterol around 300 previous to drug therapy, now at 116. Tried many varieties of statins, all had arthritis like side effects. Haven't noticed the same issues with this drug, arthritic pain now only occurs after strenuous labor. Drug is very expensive and financial help not easy to come by. NO luck with the PAN network."

Jack W May 4, 2017

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction "I have been taking Praluent since last week of December, 2015. It is a great medicine in lowering LDL very very significantly from 123 to 29 and total cholesterol from 200 to 88 . My HDL increased significantly from 23 to 37-42. Only side effect I have is some pain in my body possibly in the bones?? All enzymes and metabolic parameters are normal."

Karkour (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2017

For High Cholesterol "46 year old UK male; slim, above average fitness, eats well. Tried 3 different statins with same intolerable brain fog, muscle pains and palpitations over a 3 year period. 1st injection: mild muscle pains in my back, cold legs and feet, morning glory, a little brain fog, looser stools. 2nd injection: similar effects to the 1st but 50% less strong, except the morning glory and looser stools. 3rd injection: mild brain fog for an hour (starting about 2 hours after taking), cold feet, looser stools still. Not had bloods tested yet, but if LDL comes down I'd be very happy to stay on Praluent based on these minor side effects. Very hopeful about this convenient statin alternative."

JK_UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Injected Praluent 3 weeks ago. I am 74 yr old female, generally very healthy and active with familial cholesterol( not tolerant of statins etc). I had cold symptoms and a mild sore throat two days after the injection. Injected again 1 week ago, completely floored this week, with sickness and diahrrea the following day, stayed in bed that day, the following day and every morning this week as I am so tired ( injected on a Sunday, it is now Thursday). Still have a very red, sore and swollen throat and the symptoms of a heavy cold. I rarely have colds or sore throats or sickness etc. I shall not be continuing with medicine"

Lilyrosie January 26, 2017

For High Cholesterol "I am a 35 year old male is very good shape with genetically high cholesterol. I have been extremely intolerant of statins and tried Praulent per my doctor's recommendation. I spoke with a pharmacist and got very little information about this medication as it is very new. I was hopeful and my first injection went well. I had very minor flu-like symptoms for three days and then felt like normal. Injection two came with typical statin-like side effect (achy joints, sore muscles, fatigue) along with irritability, sexual performance issues, and mild depression. Shot three was my last. It made statins seem nice. Symptoms all increased. I got sores in my mouth and became extremely depressed. Symptoms subsided 3 weeks after last injection."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

For High Cholesterol "After having a myocardial infarction on December 22, 2015 , I was still struggling to get my numbers down, after trying just about every statin on the market, they all made my body ache and my joints so stiff I had to have help getting out of bed. I changed physicians she tried another statin with no luck. She asked if I would be willing to try praluent injections. LONG STORY SHORT NOTICE SIDE EFFECTS NUMBERS HAVE DROPPED DRAMATICALLY AND I FEEL GREAT,only benefit on injections 3 months!!!!!! Thank God for this medication!!!!!!! Got help paying for this from the manufacturer!!!"

Macemore November 19, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "35 year history here of familial high cholesterol. Participated in medical studies many of these years-first for new statins, then other drugs. Lowest my overall cholesterol went was 259, that with max dose of Crestor and Zetia combined. Took that before and after triple bypass and stent on the 4th artery. Eventually all statins cause too much muscoskeletal pain for me but had to keep taking them. Up next was clinical studies for Praluent. Never knew for sure that I was on it. Today, 1 year after it was officially on the market, my cholesterol was 149!!!! Lowest in 34 years, from a high of 600! I will take any mild side effects!! I also get help with copay from PAN and worry their help will run out. Thank you God!!"

ziggy104 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Praluent was working great for the past 9 months without any side effects but during the last 3 weeks I started to have the symptoms of arthritis that is some pain in the joints. It improves some when I walk. I hope these symptoms will not further increase. Will update you in another 2-3 weeks."

Nagi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Praulent dropped my cholesterol quickly and significantly. Unfortunately, the last 3 injections have been followed within a couple of hours by a rapid, irregular heart rate. Has anyone else experienced this "side effect"?"

Krisvb (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "Works great,so far the only medication out of so many to lower and keep low my extremely high LDL ."

cmccready (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016