User Reviews for Praluent

Learn more about Praluent.

Cardiovascular Risk Reduction 1 reviews 6 medications

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous 2 reviews 10 medications

5.5
Summary of Praluent reviews 22 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Praluent

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "74 year old male, triple bypass in 2002. Cholesterol around 300 previous to drug therapy, now at 116. Tried many varieties of statins, all had arthritis like side effects. Haven't noticed the same issues with this drug, arthritic pain now only occurs after strenuous labor. Drug is very expensive and financial help not easy to come by. NO luck with the PAN network."

Jack W May 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction "I have been taking Praluent since last week of December, 2015. It is a great medicine in lowering LDL very very significantly from 123 to 29 and total cholesterol from 200 to 88 . My HDL increased significantly from 23 to 37-42. Only side effect I have is some pain in my body possibly in the bones?? All enzymes and metabolic parameters are normal."

Karkour (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "46 year old UK male; slim, above average fitness, eats well. Tried 3 different statins with same intolerable brain fog, muscle pains and palpitations over a 3 year period. 1st injection: mild muscle pains in my back, cold legs and feet, morning glory, a little brain fog, looser stools. 2nd injection: similar effects to the 1st but 50% less strong, except the morning glory and looser stools. 3rd injection: mild brain fog for an hour (starting about 2 hours after taking), cold feet, looser stools still. Not had bloods tested yet, but if LDL comes down I'd be very happy to stay on Praluent based on these minor side effects. Very hopeful about this convenient statin alternative."

JK_UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Injected Praluent 3 weeks ago. I am 74 yr old female, generally very healthy and active with familial cholesterol( not tolerant of statins etc). I had cold symptoms and a mild sore throat two days after the injection. Injected again 1 week ago, completely floored this week, with sickness and diahrrea the following day, stayed in bed that day, the following day and every morning this week as I am so tired ( injected on a Sunday, it is now Thursday). Still have a very red, sore and swollen throat and the symptoms of a heavy cold. I rarely have colds or sore throats or sickness etc. I shall not be continuing with medicine"

Lilyrosie January 26, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "I am a 35 year old male is very good shape with genetically high cholesterol. I have been extremely intolerant of statins and tried Praulent per my doctor's recommendation. I spoke with a pharmacist and got very little information about this medication as it is very new. I was hopeful and my first injection went well. I had very minor flu-like symptoms for three days and then felt like normal. Injection two came with typical statin-like side effect (achy joints, sore muscles, fatigue) along with irritability, sexual performance issues, and mild depression. Shot three was my last. It made statins seem nice. Symptoms all increased. I got sores in my mouth and became extremely depressed. Symptoms subsided 3 weeks after last injection."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "After having a myocardial infarction on December 22, 2015 , I was still struggling to get my numbers down, after trying just about every statin on the market, they all made my body ache and my joints so stiff I had to have help getting out of bed. I changed physicians she tried another statin with no luck. She asked if I would be willing to try praluent injections. LONG STORY SHORT NOTICE SIDE EFFECTS NUMBERS HAVE DROPPED DRAMATICALLY AND I FEEL GREAT,only benefit on injections 3 months!!!!!! Thank God for this medication!!!!!!! Got help paying for this from the manufacturer!!!"

Macemore November 19, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "35 year history here of familial high cholesterol. Participated in medical studies many of these years-first for new statins, then other drugs. Lowest my overall cholesterol went was 259, that with max dose of Crestor and Zetia combined. Took that before and after triple bypass and stent on the 4th artery. Eventually all statins cause too much muscoskeletal pain for me but had to keep taking them. Up next was clinical studies for Praluent. Never knew for sure that I was on it. Today, 1 year after it was officially on the market, my cholesterol was 149!!!! Lowest in 34 years, from a high of 600! I will take any mild side effects!! I also get help with copay from PAN and worry their help will run out. Thank you God!!"

ziggy104 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "Praluent was working great for the past 9 months without any side effects but during the last 3 weeks I started to have the symptoms of arthritis that is some pain in the joints. It improves some when I walk. I hope these symptoms will not further increase. Will update you in another 2-3 weeks."

Nagi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "Praulent dropped my cholesterol quickly and significantly. Unfortunately, the last 3 injections have been followed within a couple of hours by a rapid, irregular heart rate. Has anyone else experienced this "side effect"?"

Krisvb (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "Works great,so far the only medication out of so many to lower and keep low my extremely high LDL ."

cmccready (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "Extensive hives and rash along with digestive issues."

Doc Hul August 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "This the first time I have my cholesterol under control in30 years dropped from 388 to166 after 4 months. It is very expensive though hope price is reduced soon im lucky to be getting help from the Patient Access Network.i worry about this help being stopped in the future which will cause me to stop taking it and having to go back to the medications I used to take which did nothing for me"

Dennis a2z (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "After one injection I experienced swelling of hands and feet. My blood pressure elevated by more than 50 #. Praulent researchers said I had an autoimmune reaction and that it all would pass as the Praulent left my system. After 8 months I still have the High blood pressure. I am currently being checked for Vasculitis as the result of my autoimmune reaction."

Frmrberger July 17, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "I couldn't tolerate statins. Tried 3. Each one gave a lot of pain....liver and angina. I had to stop them. While off them for a month my Total Cholesterol went from 165 to 213, LDL's went from 65 to 110. Now my Total is 97 and LDL's are 24. I take Lovaza to keep my HDL's up at 45-49; they never were above 34 my whole life no matter what I tried. I have no side effects and I feel the best in 5 years."

Mike B. July 14, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "My Cardiologist prescribed Praluent to control cholestoral. I had one injection in October of 2015. within 24 hours my joints swelled to the point where for example I could not safely grasp my steering wheel. My B/P rose by 52 points to 191/ 106. My Cardiologist made no diagnosis outside of it might not be the Praulent, but began to try every drug that was available. My new normal B/P is 161/98. I have contacted the manufacturer talked generlities for an hour,who cordially let me speak with their research person and we but was unable to get any list of could be's or look for's. After perusing the Internet today, I find that the injection could have caused Vasculitis or Immunogenicity."

Frmr Burger (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "My dad is taking this med as no Statin drug was tolerable for his high cholesterol. As other reviewers have noted, his LDL decreased quickly from 144 to 34. However; his HDL also had a significant decrease. It is now 34. We have a concern with this medication lowering both "good" & "bad" cholesterol. I think all individuals using this med are part of a bit of a continued experimental process given the controversial recent approval by the FDA to release. Sharing info on sites such as this can be useful. Please share feedback if others have similar experiences. My dad's doc told him to return in 2 months. He didn't seem too concerned about the low HDL number."

Fathersdaughter (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "I have experienced debilitating leg pain, brought on by simple walking, and not sure if related to Praulent. Began shortly after first injection and had increased in severity. Have seen many doctors without success. Any advice to Mike.schrider@jlodge.com. Thanks"

FtMyersMike (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "So far this drug is amazing! I did my first injection of 75 mg on 1-6-2016. I had a lipid panel drawn on 1-8-2106 to see what my starting base line will be. In the 48 hours between the injection and the lipid panel, the results were nothing less than miraculous. My total cholesterol went from 222 to 170, LDL from 152 to 96! I can't wait to see the results at 30 days and on. The self injection was virtually painless and quick. I didn't even have any injection site reactions like swelling or redness and I always have those side effects from almost all shots. I'm not on the Pralulent payroll, just a 68 year old man who couldn't take statin's and now have a great alternative drug. I hope you have the same results as I have.."

Badge263 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "After 4 injections my total cholesterol fell from 176 to 109. LDL from 123 to 29 and HDL went up from 30 to 45. I am happy"

Nagi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "After three shots, my cholesterol came down over 100 points to 152 as did my LDL, down over 100 points. But am not happy with side effects of sinusitis and now earache. Whole face is throbbing from neck to face. Not sure if pain in arm is part of side effects. Am fearing other side effects noted on bladder infection. First three shots were samples, next will cost me about $50 a shot; having problems with prescription...pharmacy still working with Pharmaceutical Co. Will ask to discontinue even if all other statins have not helped.I am a 79 year old female."

a woman January 18, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol "I have more frequent bowel movements but not diarrhea. My total cholesterol fell from 365 to 174. My HDL only decreased minimally from 42 to 37. My most interesting side effect is that I have had a tremendous increase in libido. I'm on testosterone replacement and about 8 meds for my heart disease and had minimal to moderate sex drive for about 5 years. There have been no changes in my meds or anything else except for the addition of Praluent. I am a 65 year old male."

chevymits October 26, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Gave myself the first injection using the Pen earlier this week. The injection was automatic. Pressed it against my skin, pushed the button, the mechanism clicked and the injection was made. When finished the mechanism clicked again which withdrew the needle. It was almost painless. Will repeat in two weeks and get blood tests in a few months to see if it works."

Don W (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2015