Generic name: alirocumab 75mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended starting dose of PRALUENT is 75 mg administered subcutaneously once every 2 weeks, since the majority of patients achieve sufficient LDL-C reduction with this dosage. If the LDL-C response is inadequate, the dosage may be increased to the maximum dosage of 150 mg administered every 2 weeks.
Measure LDL-C levels within 4 to 8 weeks of initiating or titrating PRALUENT to assess response and adjust the dose, if needed.
If a dose is missed, instruct the patient to administer the injection within 7 days from the missed dose and then resume the patient's original schedule. If the missed dose is not administered within 7 days, instruct the patient to wait until the next dose on the original schedule.
Important Administration Instructions
- Provide proper training to patients and/or caregivers on the preparation and administration of PRALUENT prior to use according to the Instructions for Use. Instruct patients and/or caregivers to read and follow the Instructions for Use each time they use PRALUENT.
- Allow PRALUENT to warm to room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes prior to use. Use PRALUENT as soon as possible after it has warmed up. Do NOT use PRALUENT if it has been at room temperature [77°F (25°C)] for 24 hours or longer.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. If the solution is discolored or contains visible particulate matter, the solution should not be used.
- Follow aseptic injection technique every time PRALUENT is administered.
- Administer PRALUENT by subcutaneous injection into the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm using a single-dose pre-filled pen or single-dose pre-filled syringe.
- Rotate the injection site with each injection.
- Do NOT inject PRALUENT into areas of active skin disease or injury such as sunburns, skin rashes, inflammation, or skin infections.
- Do NOT co-administer PRALUENT with other injectable drugs at the same injection site.
More about Praluent (alirocumab)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 25 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: PCSK9 inhibitors