User Reviews for Crestor

6.4

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease

Summary of Crestor reviews 6.6 93 reviews

Reviews for Crestor

For Atherosclerosis "Used for 4 months...some constipation at the beginning...which is no longer a problem...cholesterol level decreased by over 60percent....combined with diet changes"

Rob (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Hyperlipoproteinemia "My cholesterol was 370 in 2008. It dropped to 250 in first 6 months. I started with 20mg per day and then in 2010 I was increased to 40mg per day. Currently my cholesterol is a total of 148. and still dropping."

Ben (taken for 10 years or more) August 30, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I’m using Crestor for my cholesterol but I have noticed I’m getting horrible leg pains. Is this a side effect of this medicine. Does anybody else has experience the same side effects or this is normal."

Laflacadedorado (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "I had taken crestor for two months and noticed that my hair was falling out"

micacat June 25, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I had a massive heart attack 14 years ago and was put on Lipitor. I could not handle the muscle cramps. I was then put on Crestor, again I could not handle the cramps. Years later, now, I have very high cholesterol levels and have been put on Crestor again but told to take it every second day 10 mg and to take ubiquinol a couple of hours before. This is coenzyme Q 10. I still got cramping in my fingers and shooting pains up my arms so have cut it down to 5 mg every second day and it seems to be tolerable. Seems I can handle a low-dose. Hopefully it’s better than nothing."

Willy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For High Cholesterol "I've been taking rosuvastatin for about two months now and had a blood test taken after five weeks on it. Overall levels went from 266 to 147, LDL 169 to 73, HDL 48 to 44, and Trigs from 250 to 150. I didn't really make much effort to change diet as I wanted to get a good idea of what the drug was doing on its own. I will make necessary diet changes and try to get the numbers down a bit more so that I can either take the medication less often or perhaps switch a lower dose. Fortunately, I'm not experiencing any adverse side effects. Seems to be a pretty effective drug if you can tolerate it."

NorthernGent (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol "I was using Crestor (brand name version) for 2 years, until my insurance changed and I started having to pick up the entire tab myself, which was $920 per 90 day supply. I then switched to Atorvastatin (Lipitor), which doesn't work quite as well, but at $30 per 90 days, is much more affordable. Crestor was a miracle for me while my insurance was covering it. My numbers went from off-the-charts high to absolutely perfect within a few months. It was truly amazing, even without a change in diet. Unlike some folks, I had zero side effects, thus my 10 rating, which is based solely on my own experience with the drug. I'm age 57. Started taking Crestor after a major heart attack and quintuple bypass surgery. I just wish I could still afford it."

Giles Habibula (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous "I am 52 and have been taking statins for 25 years. From mevecor, zocor, to Lipitor, zetia and now Crestor. I am lucky to have had no side effects but will say the Crestor has worked best at 40mg daily it helps keep it down around 230. Had a 95% blockage at age 28 and 1 stent last year. I believe statins have protected my heart over the years! My brother can not take them and had a quadruple bypass at 49. Also everyone should have a calcium scan, simple and life saving."

tlr2143 September 7, 2017

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease "Took Crestor for four months and it lowered my cholesterol. Took it until my feet, shins, and calves went into cramps. Couldn't sleep, and could hardly walk. Cramps ended two days after quitting. Cardiologist put me on it and my family doc took me off it and told me never to take it again."

chasp August 9, 2017

For High Cholesterol "5mg, tinnitus is aggravated quite severely, joint pain in toe joints, mild depression, slight nausea and occasional insomnia - 3 weeks usage"

AceMcGee (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

For High Cholesterol "Started Crestor Jan 1 2017, in mid Feb I started having severe CAN'T BREATH episodes gasping for air, dypsnea, throat swelling & closing, very hoarse, chest pain, chest burning, erratic racing pulse -- and months of feeling horrible. After countless trips to the doctor, CT scans of sinuses, throat and lungs, multiple rounds of antibiotics & steroids for assumed lingering bronchitis, the same doc that put me on Crestor had no idea how to help me and sent me to an ENT-- who could see me 3 weeks later! Meanwhile, symptoms worsening. I felt like a 90 year old. A friend who had had an allergic reaction to a drug recognized symptoms of anaphylactyic allergic reaction. Off crestor 2.5 wks; getting better but google says 1-2 months to get out of system"

Can't Breath! (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

For High Cholesterol "CRESTOR 20mg - STARTED TAKING ON Jan 14, 2015; TWO YEARS AGO. approx Dec 2016 started to have noticeable pain in legs - meanwhile playing tennis 3 times a week - On Feb 21, 2017 Cardiologist would not eliminate Crestor or substitute but said go to 1/2 dosage which I did. It's effective. Will review in 4 months with Cardiologist MUSCLE ACHES SHOULD BE A WARNING TO ATHLETES WITH THIS STATIN - MAYBE OTHER STATINS TOO. 11/01/2016 -- recognized leg pain - both lower legs as problem 12/19/16 - saw Sports Med Dr at Penn - - Naproxen scripted 02/21//17 - talked w/Cardiologist about continuing both lower leg painâ–ş- now reduce to 10mg - PAIN REDUCED QUICKLY AFTER LOWER DOSAGE and remains minimal NOW"

Observer1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

For High Cholesterol "Took Rosvastatin (crestor generic) 10mg for 3 mos. Had knee pain, developed severe headaches, increased ringing and buzzing in ears. Makes me concerned about taking any statins again ever. Decreased LDL but Too strong. Noted my blood sugar was increased above the usual. So watch for that in your lab tests as it may be linked to this or other lipid medication."

achuros February 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol "My Dr put me on crestor 6 weeks ago and my ldl went from 283 to 83. He couldn't believe it. I don't have any side effects or pain."

Englelisa45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol "Had high cholesterol started on crestor.Sense then my life a nightmare. Leg cramps, joint pain swelling, memory loss ,extreme fatigue and now they have diagnosed me with an unknown issue. All since crestor I am stopping ..never sick a day in my life..these medications will make us sicker. ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2017

For High Cholesterol "After a few years of taking Crestor (which worked fine for its intended purpose), I suddenly developed a severe case of Sciatica. I couldn't stand, sit, walk, lie down, or any other activity without terrible pain up and down the back of my left leg. I was tested for everything including MRI and using novocaine and other pain killers. Nothing helped. After 5 months of constant pain, my doctor suggested discontinuing Crestor. The pain was completely gone within a week. Come to find out, my Sciatic nerve passed through my Piriformis muscle instead of around it like in most people. The Crestor had caused toxicity in the Piriformis muscle which caused it to squeeze the Sciatic nerve continuously, causing continuous pain."

dreamer2222 December 11, 2016

For High Cholesterol "For about 6 years my physician prescribed Lipitor for high cholesterol. I couldn't take it due to muscle cramps. After that I was prescribed Zocor, Pravachol and finally the orange drink, Colestipol. Always had adverse side effects so I decided to stop trying. I lost 20 pounds but before the cholesterol dropped with any real significance, I regained the weight. The physician kept saying my cholesterol was dangerously high but I did not want the side effects. I had to change insurance companies which meant a new physician. This one said the same along w/a bit of a lecture. She prescribed Crestor, 5mg per day. After 3 months & no side effects it went from 280 to 155. I couldn't believe it. I am 60 years old."

BrendaCo October 14, 2016

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease "Dont know nothing bout nothin---cept been taken this magic pill 15 years--changes my life--cardiologist says I am fine--but without crestor-cant breathe or get out of bed--lots chest pains--think your dying--crestor takes it all away-- cardio specialist says no heart problems- highly recommend--everybody differt-best wishes for your good health"

OLD AND DYING (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I've taken most of the statins. I ALWAYS ended up with leg cramps. At 44, I had to have a Stent placed due to a 95% blockage. And that's when I started seeing my cardiologist. Upon hearing of the leg cramps, he ran a simple blood test and told me that my vitamin D was extremely low (4) and the real cause of the cramps. I now take 50k iu of vitamin D 3x weekly. I have NEVER had a cramp on Crestor, except when I forgot to take my vitamin D. As soon as I started the D back up, the cramps ceased. Even at 50k iu 3x weekly, my regulnar blood tests indicate that my vitamin D is now in the normal range (>29). And my cholesterol went from over 300 to down around 150. If u have cramps, I recommend the D check."

K9Scooby (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Worst Medication EVER!! allergic reactions and cramps in leg from Losartan Mar, 2015, ended up on crutches, doc misdiagnosed fell on crutch broke rt wrist, metal plate in it now.Surgery on wrist, MRI showed complete torn ligament in rt ankle, Surgery on ankle, Dilauded 4 months, doc put me on Crestor/BP Meds, had a stroke, wheelchair bound,ran out of crestor/6 weeks, finally walking with cane, Doc put me back on Crestor. Allergic reaction to crestor after 2 months, rapid heart, dizzy, leg swelling,pains in chest,Massive leg cramps, Now left foot is barely usable, another ligament torn possibly,Then Mini Stroke, Dr stopped Crestor, Now I have Iron Deficiency ISSUES. Been off Crestor since June but all these side effects are still haunting."

Cindycan'twalk August 21, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Currently on Crestor 20mg but I cut it in half and only take maybe twice/week and experiencing mild joint aches, upset stomach in the AM hours after taking before bedtime the night before. I also tend to forget minor things such as keys in the truck, lunch in the fridge for work but not to often. I am 44 years old and have been on med for about 3 years now. I believe I will ask doctor to prescribe a milder med if possible on my next appointment."

E. P. G August 17, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I took crestor for about two years with minor side effects. Since I turned 65, I noticed my leg muscles ( hamstrings, Knees) were hurting. I stopped taking Crestor and my legs feel better. The drug did help lower my cholesterol but my legs were killing me and I had trouble walking due the stiffness and pain. While I am not 100% certain my leg pain was due to Crestor, it certainly looks that way.It has only been 6 days since I stopped."

Anonymous July 16, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Was on Simvastin (40 mg) and within two days had severe shooting pains in knees. Starting cutting in half and pain dissipated. Told doctor I was cutting in half and reason and instead of lowering dosage, they switched me to crestor (40 mg). After about 10 doses, finger joints began to swell and pain with hip joint pain. Stopped taking. It's been 5 weeks and fingers still are painful and stiff making everyday tasks hard. Am back to cutting dosages in half. Will post if that makes a difference and my blood fat improves."

Mehki227 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For High Cholesterol "My LDL is high HDL is low and triglycerides are high. Dr. Recommend me for Crestor 5 mg. initially I couldn't recognise the leg pain and numbness. I couldn't sleep for several night while on this medicine for few days. I stopped taking Crestor after reading its reviews and that stopped my leg pain. I am 35 years old and decided to go with fish oil, healthy diet and exercise."

Maddy007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For High Cholesterol "At age 65 my cholesterol reading creeped past borderline to high. I was put on 5mg of Crestor. After only one month, my LDL went from 167 to 79. At first I took at bedtime but noticed some minor leg pain. I switched to taking with evening meal and pain stopped."

Sandra RM May 25, 2016