User Reviews for Altoprev

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Altoprev.

High Cholesterol

1 review 51 medications
High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous

1 review 17 medications
Summary of Altoprev reviews 9.5 2 reviews

Reviews for Altoprev

For High Cholesterol "I have never had any major side effects with this medicine. I would say it is probably the best on the market, though it is expensive. When I was on another medication related to statins my eyes were RED, and they hurt. My heart ached and I felt like my days were numbed. I asked my doctor to switch me back to Altoprev and I am back to normal, full of energy, my eyes are clear and the heart pains went away. I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from high cholesterol."

Anonymous March 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Altoprev is the ONLY statin drug I can tolerate. It is due to the timed-release of the drug over 24 hours. I do not recieve that whopping dose of the drug all at once. However, my ins. Rx. coverage wil not cover it. I do not get to take it regularly, due to fixed income. It is 160.00 a month. But this is the drug for me and I get it filled about every other month. "

misspapaw May 5, 2008