User Reviews for Colestipol

Also known as: Colestid, Colestid Flavored

Hyperlipoproteinemia

Summary of Colestipol reviews 6.6 2 reviews

Reviews for Colestipol

For Not Listed / Other: "This drug vastly improves my quality of life. After having my gallbladder removed, at 22, I developed severe pain & frequent diarrhea after eating. Common in young people with cholecystectomy The surgeon prescribed the powdered & sugar-free formulation of this. I don’t tolerate aspartame, so it did not help. Opiates helped pain, since they constipate you, it helped me. Lost my insurance, couldn’t afford doc. Issues returned. In 2011, I had an appendectomy. The surgeon recognized the problem of bile acid diarrhea after the cholecystectomy and Said 'colestipol will help'. I have not continuously taken it since. A high fiber diet, works quite well to prevent the bile dumping issues. I had to go back on this, after I developed a partial small bowel obstruction, a consequence of the initial surgery & autoimmune issues (Hoshimoto’s Thyroiditis). You will need to drink a lot of water, and I keep stool softener on hand. I’ll gladly accept this, over the utter inconvenience of remaining with in dashing distance of a bathroom."

KK March 25, 2019

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I hate this medication. It makes me feel like absolutely garbage I'm online now trying to find something different that won't make me feel like this. I hope there's an answer from someone. Medication shouldn't make you feel bad. It should help you feel better."

Don (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2018

Colestid Flavored (colestipol) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "Have been taking colestipol granules for years because I can't take Statins...today 2.9.17 have been told by my chemist that they are out of manufacture ( The firm Alliance was mentioned).Need to follow this up with my GP"

'Booper' (taken for 10 years or more) September 2, 2017