User Reviews for Fenofibrate systemic

Also known as: Antara, Fenoglide, Lipidil EZ, Lipidil Micro, Lipidil Supra, Lipofen, Lofibra, TriCor, Triglide

Hypertriglyceridemia

Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL
5.9

Hyperlipoproteinemia
5.2

Summary of Fenofibrate reviews 6.4 42 reviews

Reviews for Fenofibrate

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Great product. No side effects just don't take it without food in your stomach. Here my stats. 36 yo M. 175 cm and 185 lbs waist circumference 104 cm. Dyslilipedimia. High Cholesterol and Higher Tryglicerides. Took 2 months Triglycerides from 371 to 42, Cholesterol from 297 to 114 HDL From 42 to 23 LDL from 74 to 72 Lost 7 lbs. I stopped, eating pasta, rice, red meat and no beer. Side effects: Messed up with my liver enzymes which only I knew because of offshore medical check up. I stop taking it so I can get a FIT certificate."

Adrian Quijano (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "It's working"

Dayanand (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "First month had some heavy side effects. Nausea being the worst, stomach pain, back pain, right shoulder pain (still there) most have subsided after second Month. Had triglycerides over 4000. Now at around 300 because of the medicine. Life saving for me. Though if you miss a dose or eat the wrong thing, you know it.. plus no alcohol ever again..sad but I can be alive to see my son grow up.. small price to pay to live"

Greg (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "My triglyceride was high so my doctor put me on this medicine 145 mg fenofibrate. I have been taking it for 28 days now. I noticed I am very tired and weak as well as pains in my feet, shoulders, headache and chest. I was on Simvastatin before which never bother me. I am going to stop this medicine and contact my doctor."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I have been taking this med for appr 3 months after trying statins, which I was unable to tolerate. My total cholesterol dropped to almost normal, and my HDL, LDL, and triglycerides were all down to acceptable levels. This has worked fantastic with almost no side effects. The only effect that may be from this med (and could be from one of my other meds) is occasional headaches."

btm000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "This drug has helped me in a month go from 432 on my triglycerides to 339. Had slight side effects (minor nausea and constipation), how ever the slight side effects don't nearly come close to the health benefits I'm relieving.. has also lower my blood sugar 50-75 points on average. I went from possibly going into the ICU to be in no immediate danger in a month or less time.."

Greggl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "Was put on Fenafibrate by my Dr and 12 days later I had to stop due to extreme fatigue, rash on hands and arms, pain in upper right chest, felt tired all the time. It did not seem to agree with me, so I'm back to square one"

Neikoanthony (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2018

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I took fenofibrate for four months and thought this is finally a drug I could take with no side effects...however...the fourth month I had such leg pain I could hardly walk..my thighs and calves felt like I had blood clots. My husband suggested it might be my the fenofibrate so I stopped taking it immediately. The third day I could walk again with no pain. I then realized other side effects were runny nose, headaches, other muscle pain. I saw my Dr today after stopping medication three weeks ago and told him how much better I felt...he was not happy I quit the medication and suggested the side effects are all in my mind...needless to say I'm looking for a new Dr."

SJCraw (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "I was prescribed this medicine to address high triglyceride and low HDL levels. In eight months of using fenofibrate and adjusting my diet, my total cholesterol went down 30%, my LDL went from 106 to 80, HDL went from 33 to 44, and my triglyceride numbers plummeted over 75% from 300 to 70. The side effect I experienced was a weight gain of 10 pounds within the first month and it stayed at that level for the eight month period. I did not experience any other side effect. Cost of medication with insurance is $15 a month."

wavestillmanzz12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "My triglycerides were a whopping 758, so my Dr decided to put me on 145mg of Fenofibrate daily. I've only been on the medication for 3 days now, and I'm experiencing extreme fatigue, pains in chest and back and headache. I'm trying to stick with it hoping the symptoms go away after a few weeks, but mot sure how much longer I can continue this way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Extreme sickness while taking over 2 months I had no idea it was making me sick. I am diabetic and was also on metoprolol. Shortness of breath, chest pains, extreme nausea, diarrhea, back burning, joint pain ,leg pain and twitching ,organ pain, high wbc count, hypoglycemia, insomnia and worst of all headaches. I just found out it was this after they almost sent me for a bone marrow biopsy. I was sure I was having a reaction. I stopped 3 days so far no problems anymore. Now just worried about damaged it caused.."

Blue .r (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I started it almost 3 weeks ago. I am a 60 year old female. I cannot tolerate statins and I cannot tolerate this. My shoulders and up between them started hurting soon after I started taking it. I was very agitated all the time and my hair started coming out by the handfuls. I am going to the health store and get natural supplements. Quite frankly, I think the prescription meds for lowering cholesterol are like ingesting poison."

Anonymous June 4, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Had triglycerides level of 460+. Took Fenofibrate 160mg(Mylan). Within a month, dropped to 132. I was 5'8", 182 pounds. Started eating less, dropping about a pound a week. Did not feel hungry. Side effects after 8 weeks of Fenofibrate experienced an SVT(Supraventricular Tachycardia) event. Trip to Emergency Room with heart beats per minute > 200 which lasted 3 hours. Given adensine IV. Continued Fenofibrate. Trip to cardiologist. Heart echo(ultrasound) found normal 60+ real old heart. In another 6 weeks had another SVT. Heart beat >180 beats per minute. Visited PCP and requested medicine change to Lipitor or Crestor which in addition to lower cholesterol may also work on triglycerides. YMMV. (Your milage may vary)"

Don57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2017

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "YOW! This drug has started causing (after 2 months) shoulder pain, becoming a 10, very intense. I stopped using it and two months later it has wrecked my shoulder muscle, feels like a war with muscle and nerves, most horrible pain I ever endured. Every morning is like Ground Hog Day, the same, the same, the same. It has now moved to my wrists and into my hands...swelling and intense pain, INTENSE. My shoulder pain would make putting on a tee shirt next to impossible. Dressing has been a long and painful experience, daily. I pray for this to stop someday, it has made my life horrible. I am 70 and WAS in good shape before this. Now I would consider death relaxing."

Foxboy 1 August 8, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Was placed on this for Hypercholesterolemia, incidentally my triglycerides were high as well. Can't really say if this has helped or not. I suspect another medication, Abilify, was responsible for the Hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides. I quit the Abilify and the last time I had my levels checked I was told I was normal. Again, can't say if this has helped...can't say it hasn't."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "My triglycerides were above 1000 and my Dr told me I was risking pancreatitis, which could be fatal unless I lowered them. I grudgingly started taking fenofibrate daily about 15 years ago and it lowers my triglycerides to 200 or less. It works."

2chuck (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Triglycerides 1,300+; Maintained at around 200 for last 14 years with Fenofibrate."

Opey (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Took lipanthyl 145mg for 3 months, triglycerides went down, hdl went up, but ldl went up. Alt was also detected at 78. Had mild chest pain, not sure if related. Changing to another med."

hdldl December 31, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Did wonders for tryglicerides. Also lowered LDL. Did not raise HDL"

ThisDogHunts October 9, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Fenefibrate caused slow increase in sr. creatinine from 1.1 to 2.1 ...and chronic renal failure like situation without any symptoms of CKD... however fully recovered the Sr. creatinine levels and normal kidney functions after stopping fenefibrate oral."

Dhananjay Nagvenkar September 28, 2015

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: "Took as prescribed for several months. Started to have muscle problems. Shoulders, hips, knees. Loss of strength in arms and hands. Also some body itch. Stopped taking on my own. Significant change in 24 hours. Still have some pain, but as medication wears out, hope to be better."

TRACTOR MAN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2015

Lipofen (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: "changed from Lipitor to Lipofen. My LDL was controlled, trigs was also good. Best result is my HDL which was always below 40 for years increased to 48. Have some concern about increase in creatine level."

mice April 11, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Great"

YESUDASS (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2014

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have been on this for three months, no serious side effects. I am very super sensitive to statins so I had to get off of them. I haven't had my blood checked yet but will update on how it did. I plan on staying with this if it works because I feel no side effects at this point. Will update soon."

ninabeans December 1, 2013

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "My Doctor put me on TriCor 145mg because she said my triglycerides were way to high. I don't know what the numbers were. I just do what my doc says I should do. Went and did lab test. My doctor said Tricor brought my triglycerides and other things way down to where she is happy. I asked her if the dose was too big because TriCor left me feeling tired. She agreed that I could half the pill and take labs in a month. So, TriCor I would say is doing me good and will continue to take till the doctor says I don't have to take it anymore."

GasPasser (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2013