User Reviews for Fenofibrate

Also known as: Antara, Fenoglide, Lipidil EZ, Lipidil Micro, Lipidil Supra, Lipofen, Lofibra, TriCor, Triglide

Learn more about Fenofibrate.

Hypertriglyceridemia 20 reviews 45 medications

6.7
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 4 reviews 29 medications

5.9
Hyperlipoproteinemia 6 reviews 43 medications

5.3
Summary of Fenofibrate reviews 30 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Fenofibrate

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "YOW! This drug has started causing (after 2 months) shoulder pain, becoming a 10, very intense. I stopped using it and two months later it has wrecked my shoulder muscle, feels like a war with muscle and nerves, most horrible pain I ever endured. Every morning is like Ground Hog Day, the same, the same, the same. It has now moved to my wrists and into my hands...swelling and intense pain, INTENSE. My shoulder pain would make putting on a tee shirt next to impossible. Dressing has been a long and painful experience, daily. I pray for this to stop someday, it has made my life horrible. I am 70 and WAS in good shape before this. Now I would consider death relaxing."

Foxboy 1 August 8, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Was placed on this for Hypercholesterolemia, incidentally my triglycerides were high as well. Can't really say if this has helped or not. I suspect another medication, Abilify, was responsible for the Hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides. I quit the Abilify and the last time I had my levels checked I was told I was normal. Again, can't say if this has helped...can't say it hasn't."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "My triglycerides were above 1000 and my Dr told me I was risking pancreatitis, which could be fatal unless I lowered them. I grudgingly started taking fenofibrate daily about 15 years ago and it lowers my triglycerides to 200 or less. It works."

2chuck (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Triglycerides 1,300+; Maintained at around 200 for last 14 years with Fenofibrate."

Opey (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Took lipanthyl 145mg for 3 months, triglycerides went down, hdl went up, but ldl went up. Alt was also detected at 78. Had mild chest pain, not sure if related. Changing to another med."

hdldl December 31, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Did wonders for tryglicerides. Also lowered LDL. Did not raise HDL"

ThisDogHunts October 9, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Fenefibrate caused slow increase in sr. creatinine from 1.1 to 2.1 ...and chronic renal failure like situation without any symptoms of CKD... however fully recovered the Sr. creatinine levels and normal kidney functions after stopping fenefibrate oral."

Dhananjay Nagvenkar September 28, 2015

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: "Took as prescribed for several months. Started to have muscle problems. Shoulders, hips, knees. Loss of strength in arms and hands. Also some body itch. Stopped taking on my own. Significant change in 24 hours. Still have some pain, but as medication wears out, hope to be better."

TRACTOR MAN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2015

Lipofen (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: "changed from Lipitor to Lipofen. My LDL was controlled, trigs was also good. Best result is my HDL which was always below 40 for years increased to 48. Have some concern about increase in creatine level."

mice April 11, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "Great"

YESUDASS (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2014

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have been on this for three months, no serious side effects. I am very super sensitive to statins so I had to get off of them. I haven't had my blood checked yet but will update on how it did. I plan on staying with this if it works because I feel no side effects at this point. Will update soon."

ninabeans December 1, 2013

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "My Doctor put me on TriCor 145mg because she said my triglycerides were way to high. I don't know what the numbers were. I just do what my doc says I should do. Went and did lab test. My doctor said Tricor brought my triglycerides and other things way down to where she is happy. I asked her if the dose was too big because TriCor left me feeling tired. She agreed that I could half the pill and take labs in a month. So, TriCor I would say is doing me good and will continue to take till the doctor says I don't have to take it anymore."

GasPasser (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2013

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: "Good experience, helped with my high level of cholesterol and triglycerides. I used the 145 without side effects."

Jefrey September 9, 2013

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I can't tolerate statins. I have hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides. I have taken Tricor with no side effects. "

green eyes 100 December 24, 2012

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: "Caused steady increase in creatinine level over 3 month period and my PCP thought I was getting kidney disease. Very scary. I was the one to suggest stopping it rather than go to a nephrologist which is what my Dr advised. My creatinine levels went back to normal after stopping it."

Anonymous December 4, 2012

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "After being diagnosed with high triglycerides, I took Tricor for approximately 10 years. It controlled my triglycerides to just within the normal limit. After my insurance would no longer pay for Tricor, and I switched to the generic fenofibrate, my triglycerides and liver enzymes went back up."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 16, 2012

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: "I took Tricor for three years with non side effects. However, my LDL cholesterol level remained > 240. Use a statin when appropriate."

NewYorkZneil November 18, 2011

For Hypertriglyceridemia: "I took Fenofibrate for exactly 12 days and then stopped taking it, as it caused severe leg cramping in my thighs and calves that left them sore and aching for the next 2 days. "

SueZD July 27, 2011

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lipofen (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "My trigs were through the roof! 345! Now they are 102. My doctor said getting triglycerides under control was more important than LDL for me, but now LDL is back in range. Lipofen is very good!"

LeeNorris211 June 28, 2011

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "In 2 weeks my triglycerides dropped 700 points from 990 to 260 and cholesterol dropped 100 points from 310 to 215. My HDL increased 8 points from 30 to 38. No side effects so far. I hope it continues like this."

jimmytheturkish March 6, 2010

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "The side effects were intolerable. It caused esophageal reflux and melena."

Anonymous December 8, 2009

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I experienced chest pains and false ECG reading due to TriCor. My symptoms of angina, joint and muscle aches, and fatigue ended when I ceased the Tricor. After an expensive Cardiac Stress Test, I was given a clean bill of cardiac health. "

Timeless December 4, 2009

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "Diarrhea a side effect."

vicTORIAR November 16, 2009

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Tricor- caused me chest pain, fever, rapid heartbeat, impotence and erectile dysfunction."

Anonymous October 11, 2009

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

TriCor (fenofibrate) for Hyperlipoproteinemia: "I don't know exactly when I started using Tricor 145 mg tablets, but I suspect it was approximately in 2004. I have obtained this drug monthly from RiteAid drugstore, and the medications is made by Abbott Labs. Anyways, in November 2007 I suffered my first occurence of acute pancreatitis. I undertook many hospital tests, CT Scans, MRI's, X-Rays, Ultrasounds, of my pancreas, but none of those test revealed a cause of the acute pancreatitis. Since that first occurrence of acute pancreatitis, I suffered 2 other cases of pancreatitis, which put me into the hospital again, and 1 other case where I toughed it out a home. Reading the Tricor warnings, it states that in rare cases, it may cause pancreatitis. I stopped Tricor, problem solved."

R-Louie September 14, 2009

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate