User Reviews for Fenofibrate to treat Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL

Also known as: TriCor, Antara, Triglide, Lipofen Fenoglide

Fenofibrate Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL.

Reviews for Fenofibrate

Teaxespete 33 May 26, 2020

“My doctor prescribed Fenofibrate for me almost a month ago to help lower my bad LDL Cholesterol. To be totally honest I've haven't experienced any side effects, and it have been almost a month now. I'm not doubting anyone's comments on this medication. But me, " personally" I've haven't had any problems at all. I do hope that your doctor's finds the right medication to work perfectly with getting you on the right meds...”

WendyinIndy · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2020

“How did this awful little pill ever make it to market? I felt like I'd ingested rat poison! Horrific stomach pain & vomiting. I will NEVER take a drug just because some "doctor" said to again! Sometimes best to, "just say NO!"”

TRACTOR MAN · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2015

“Took as prescribed for several months. Started to have muscle problems. Shoulders, hips, knees. Loss of strength in arms and hands. Also some body itch. Stopped taking on my own. Significant change in 24 hours. Still have some pain, but as medication wears out, hope to be better.”

mice April 11, 2015

Lipofen (fenofibrate): “changed from Lipitor to Lipofen. My LDL was controlled, trigs was also good. Best result is my HDL which was always below 40 for years increased to 48. Have some concern about increase in creatine level.”

Jefrey September 9, 2013

TriCor (fenofibrate): “Good experience, helped with my high level of cholesterol and triglycerides. I used the 145 without side effects.”

NewYorkZneil November 18, 2011

TriCor (fenofibrate): “I took Tricor for three years with non side effects. However, my LDL cholesterol level remained > 240. Use a statin when appropriate.”