User Reviews for Vascepa

Learn more about Vascepa.

Hypertriglyceridemia 18 reviews 46 medications

Summary of Vascepa reviews 18 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Vascepa

For Hypertriglyceridemia "6 weeks of constant bathroom use, oily skin that cause clogged glands in my eyes, terrible body stiffness and aches..no energy, fatigue... But HEY it did lower my triglycerides from 231 to 230--all while raising my total cholesterol 21 points, lowering my hdl by 2 points, and raising my ldl by 23 points. Also raised my blood sugar a bit too. So in summary in 6 weeks of suffering just to be in worst health. I would give this medication a 0 if I could"

Mollz November 2, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Just started have used EPA in the past to lower trigs. Mine are in the 400-500 range right now. I've also started a low carb diet (Ketogenic) as this will also help."

DaveTh October 4, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Saw immediate results in triglycerides levels. No noticeable side effects thus far."

HowardL112 August 15, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have been taking Vascepa for three months now and virtually my Triglycerides level didn't change. I had better results with fish oil pills over the counter years ago."

Sof (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Vascepa since 4/1/2013, 79 years old, T1 D since 1957. Other meds=40 mg/day Zocor>20yrs; Insulin. HbA1c =6.5; FBG=111 mg/dL. Total Cholesterol=144 mg/dL; TGCs=63 mg/dL; HDL=61 mg/dL; VLDL=13 mg/dL; LDL-C=70 mg/dL; C-reactive protein=2.2 mg/dL; APO B=60mg/dL; Lp-PLA2=216; EPA=7.0%;AA=5.3%; EPA/AA ratio=1.3; DHA=2.1%; O-6/O-3 ratio=1.8; O-3(EPA DHA) Index=9.1%, optimal>3.2%. No side effects known; no aches; DES(dry eye) disappeared within 3-4 days 1st dose; walking speed is better, feel more flexible. Vascepa is easy to use; PCP[I.M.] describes my health as excellent, and that Advanced CV risk parameters=excellent profile and optimally suppressed."

N40k (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "My Dr. prescribed this drug to lower my triglycerides. My numbers went from over 1400 down to 425 in three months. I continue to take this drug and have seen additional drop in my triglyceride numbers. I have had angioplasty with cardiac stent and diagnosed with CAD also Type 2 diabetic so I know the importance of getting my cholesterol under control. The drug is rather expensive though."

Marty C (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I've been on Vascepa (2 pills daily) for about 7 months now. I went from 475 to 625 in three months. I don't know how my try spiked. Now I have stomach pain along with knee and back pain. I had back surgery 4 years ago unrelated to taking the drug obviously. However I do have some stomach pain when laying on my belly."

HighTry3 July 19, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Hypertriglycerides 450 - 500. Exercise, weight loss and diet change made little difference. Started Vascepa four months ago. It lowered my bad numbers by 50%. I feel better than I have in past 10 years. Side benefits: My skin is smooth and softer with fine lines reduced and I seem to have more energy. I highly, highly recommend Vascepa."

Tararex (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I was recently prescribed Vascepa for HIGH Triglycerides. I have been highly impressed with it's ability to stop inflammation and pain from my Multiple Sclerosis. I am eagerly waiting to see how well Vascepa lowers my Triglycerides at tje next visit doctor visit.. This medicine is great and minus the issues associated with DHA. Meaning no A-Fib or Palpitations and Tachycardia. As pure as pure is and well well worth the money! Vascepa is a wonder drug. Thank You Amarin Pharmaceuticals."

MS Stinks (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I had TGs of 482 - 525 in 2012 - I tried to get them under control but could not despite exercise and diet . I tried Lovaza in 2012 but it spiked by LDL-s by 40% and my Doc was very concerned and I stopped ( plus fishy stink, burbs etc). Then I tried samples of Vascepa, wow! no fish taste whatsoever, my TGs fell by 40% and I felt better than ever ( mood, strength, less aches and my Dry Eye ceased! and my LDL-C dropped 305 as well. Its a miracle for me. I looked at OTC, but it was far more expensive than 49 co-pay coupon and worried about unknown ingredients, toxins. I highly recommend this medicine. No side effects - Zero!"

Zummy February 20, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have not gone for a blood test yet since starting Vescepa. But I can tell the difference as far as less pain and no side effects."

Red Nose February 1, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "My Tryglicerides and LDL Cholesterol have improved significantly. My dry eyes have also improved significantly while on Vascepa. I highly recommend Vascepa. I feel happy and healthy knowing Vascepa is helping me with my cardiovascular health. I feel like it is money well spent to improve my health."

Ariel L (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2014

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Great medicine that will help me to live longer. My lipids have improved a lot since I started taking Vascepa 2g."

BrianNY September 20, 2014

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Amazing medicine. Was having problems with side effects of statins and Lovaza. Vascepa lowered my LDL-cholesterol also and stops inflammation so aches gone and so pleasant to take."

kevin4642 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2014

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have high LDL cholesterol, high triglycerides and low HDL cholesterol. Spent the last 25 yrs using a variety of medicines to reduce my inherited risk of a heart attack. Vascepa is by far the easiest to tolerate (no side effects) and when taken with the Statin (I'm also on Crestor), has produced the best lipid panel (blood test) results in my 25 yrs of tests. Vascepa is a safe way to reduce your high triglycerides without raising your LDL cholesterol levels and to lower them in relation to your HDL levels. Your HDL / TG ratio matters also and Vascepa is very effective at improving this ratio."

Kiwi2 December 18, 2013

For Hypertriglyceridemia "taking to lower LDL cholesterol effective, but many other benefits, chronic back pain gone, dry eyes from contacts gone, and mood elevation, pleasant to take"

wmbill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2013

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I started taking Vascepa at 2g to ease the muscle aches from statin use. Within 3 weeks I was pain free and in the gym. It has helped lower my trig profile by 9% and my next visit the cardiologist will set my statin dose to the lowest level. They have a prescription card on their website that will reduce your out of pocket to $25.00 copay per month."

zmanindc (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Consistent reduction of trigs, been very happy with the initial results so far."

OEL (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2013