User Reviews for Vascepa

Hypertriglyceridemia
7.9

Summary of Vascepa reviews 7.9 45 reviews

Reviews for Vascepa

For Hypertriglyceridemia "- vascepa will definitely give you some skin irritations and what looks like bites or sores. After years of good results with taking ordinary Omega 3 I was forced to switch to Valcepa as a drug change by CVS Caremark,,,, bad judgement !!. This one drug which the manufacturer put the doctors on their review listing and then had the balls to actually pay them to keep quiet. Beware !!"

JessD (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Started this drug 3 months ago for high trigs 323. Noticed increased mental acuity and a decrease in the pain in my damaged knuckle. Have not taken blood work yet.. So far so good..."

Massulo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have High trig, hypertension, high glucose and bicarbonate. Vascepa with Metformin seems to have dramatically reduced my bad numbers in the blood panels so that now they are near to normal. Additionally, the vascular performance of my lower extremities has improved dramatically. I am not aware of any significant side effects"

Laude (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "4 years on Vascepa for arterial blockages and for just general cardiovascular benefit. Research has proven it reduces heart attack and stroke by 25 per cent. No side effects. It is like taking a vitamin pill. It also acts a little like an anti-depressant in that it improves your mood. The best thing you can do for yourself if you have CV issues."

addy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Vascepa has kept my triglycerides in check for years. Sometimes it might be borderline with diet, but overall, I'm usually in the safe zone. No side effects and packaging presents so problems. No fish burp. Great drug."

Polly (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I follow all things cardiovascular as my father and grandfather are gone from heart attack. I'm 52 and saw the results of Vascepa announced and talked to my doctor. My cholesterol is controlled by statin and my TG was about 170. I've been on the drug 2 months and had no side effects. In fact, I think it's working well. In general my muscles feel better. At the end of each day I ache in my muscles. It's gone on so long I just took it as normal, and last week I told my wife, the craziest thing, I feel good. As in no more aches at night. Currently pay $194 a month off label "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "This is awesome for me. Trigs are way down, memory is clearer. The memory thing is an unexpected added benefit."

ZR900 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have high Cholesterol, heart trouble (80% blockages). Best prescription med I've ever had to take, absolutely no bad side effects but several positive ones improved mood, no DES, some weight loss, reduced aches and pains , haven't experienced a bit of angina since I began taking it."

Peter (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I think this drug thins your blood. After I started taking it, I had constant bleeding on my sclera of the eye. I didn't realize it was the medicine at first until I looked up the side effects. My knees also hurt."

vin (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have never seen medication manufactured as poorly as this one. The capsules keep popping in the bottle, and the EPA oil gets all over everything. When I take the gelcaps out, I have to wipe the good one off one by one, then try to get the fishy smell off my hands -- which won't come off with just soap and water. Usually I have to rub white vinegar into my hands, and sometimes more than once. That smell turns my stomach -- it's like rancid fish. Moreover, Express Scripts won't take the medication back after 60 days -- even though they fill the prescription for 90 days. On top of all that, I don't think Vascepa has done my triglycerides much good. And that's not even taking into consideration all the side effects people describe here. I don't see how this is any better than a good fish oil supplement, which is only a fraction of the cost -- and I've never had fish oil gelcaps pop in the bottle. Going to ask my doctor to take me off this garbage next time I see him."

Duckstab (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I've been taking Vascepa for high Triglycerides for about 2 years now. After my first year, I had some joint pains in my left arm but didn't attribute it to Vascepa because I'd been on it for a year already. I spent about 2 month in physical therapy and am all better now, and am still currently on Vascepa. Amarin's website does say that joint pain is a side effect of Vascepa. My Triglyceridemia levels were at about 750 when I was prescribed, and now it's about 500 so I think that it has helped me lower my Trig level although I haven't had a blood test done in about 8 months so I'm not sure what it is currently but I'm told that I might need to take Vascepa indefinitely so that's that. I am also taking phenophribrate but my doctor has said that Vascepa is a better option than phenophribrate because it's a natural fish oil but I have read that Vascepa is really bad for the environment though."

JK (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I took Vascepa (1g) daily and noticed that my eyes were getting worse in eyesight after 1 week. Then, my eye doctor said I might suffer blindness, so I stopped at week 4. "

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Started with recommended dose of 2 Vascepa twice a day. After about 4 months, the pain started in hip - couldn't even lay on that side. To take daily walk needed support pole as pain would come suddenly. Went off, cleared up. Also ringing in ears increased and 8 lb weight gain. Went off Vascepa - most side effects cleared up. Tried half dose few months later. All side effects--plus came back. Never again! I am a female in late 60's."

Charley (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Took Vascepa for 2 months, about to start 3rd month when I started to have flashes (floater type) in my eye to the extreme. I also felt pressure in my left eye. I went to my opthalmologist who told me the gel inside my eye was pushing forward and might cause tear to my retina. I was given another appointment in 7 days for a wait and see what happens. If a tear occurred, he would have to laser the eye to save my retina and my sight. I don't have problems like this, I am healthy -I thought. What am I doing new that caused this or is causing this? Vascepa...stopped taking it and 4 days later, noticed that the flashes were a lot less and no pressure to my eye. I have stopped taking Vascepa and started taking regular fish oil...."

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Started with 1 gram twice daily. After week took 2 Gram twice daily. After 6 weeks triglycerides dropped from 950 to 625. Meantime my right eye was troubling me from macular degeneration. Got two treatments. Trouble reading. Also experienced right arm muscle pain weakness. Couldn’t lift it straight out. After few weeks I stopped Vacepa. Eye got much better. Arm somewhat better. Still waiting for arm to resume normalcy. Possible my eye Vitamin added to problem."

Jidge (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I started this drug on 4/13/2018 and within a week of being on it I became bloated, gassy and constipated. My skin is like an oil spill and I'm retaining water like a blow fish. I'm on a diuretic for hpyertension and retaining water only shoots my BP up. As much water as I drink throughout the day, I might go to the bathroom 3 times total. My muscles ache constantly with no relief of any of these side effects I stopped taking it as of yesterday. Statins I cannot take without the joint and muscle pains and literally not able to walk or go up/down stairs. My triglyscerids on April 5th were 257 and my total cholesterol was 211."

Michelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have been on Vascepa for about 18 months due to a lengthy medical history with deficits in Kidney, Heart, Lungs, pancreas, and connective tissue. I've battled cholesterol and triglycerides and tried combinations of Lovasa and Statins- nothing worked. I was prescribed Vascepa with Lipitor (10mg). Within six months I have huge improvements! My numbers are only a few points from being normal again, along with improvements in my kidney function, eyesight, reduced systemic inflammation, which had caused four connective tissue tears. I no longer suffer from excruciating body pain! I have not had an asthma attack for over a year. My A1c is 5.9 from a 7.6! I feel healthier than I have felt in at least 10 years. I just learned that my insurance company wants to discontinue paying for Vascepa. My doctor is willing to help me fight this. I call this medication my personal wonder drug! I am not the best diabetic patient so I know the Vascepa is healing me from the inside out!"

skamp May 2, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "When I started on Vascepa, my fasting triglyceride level was 1,170!! In 2 weeks they dropped to 261!!! My HDL cholesterol slightly improved from 20 to 28, total cholesterol dropped from 255 down to 166! My blood pressure also dropped from 160/110 to 130/82, this medication has also helped improve my vision at night, one thing I will note, this medication does thin your blood some, at least in my experience, but overall, I am completely side effect free, this product is expensive, costing me around $220 a coupon "

Severe Triglycerides (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Insurance made me switch from Lovaza to Vascepa. Lovaza effectively lower by blood triglycerides and increased my HDL. Insurance co steps in and stated I should have been on Vascepa first as a step program. Went on it and found out my triglycerides went up dramatically and HDL went down. All the Beni fits of Lovaza went out the window. Vascepa cost more than Lovaza marketed by Teva. Vascepa contains only EPA. Lovaza contains both EPA and D-HAWAII. Essentially Big Pharma put me at risk for coronary heart disease. I am now on an older drug Lopid which for years has been shown to be effective in lowering triglycerides and increasing HDLs. Also both Vascepa and Lovaza over time increase LDL, the “bad” cholesterol. Bottom line is that both products can produce potential harm. I am a nutritional scientist who received NIH grants to study blood lipids. Just a warning that patients need to be careful when there insurance company gets involved- it’s all about the money."

Dennu January 27, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I am 39 yrs old and have had triglyceride and cholesterol problems since my 20's. I tried multiple statins and experienced muscle pain side effects with them all. One year ago I was prescribed vescepa with lipitor (my 3rd try). I now have no side effects of lipitor and my triglycerides are much lower as well as my cholesterol. After about 6 months I started experiencing symptoms of low blood pressure. I have been on blood pressure medication for over 15 yrs due to high BP. What I found is that I no longer needed it BP meds to keep my BP at 120/80 or less and I can only attribute the change to the vescepa and lipitor combo because my shiftwork lifestyle hasn't changed as well as my other bad habits of eating."

New Heart January 24, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Two months of taking 4 grams a day, and my triglycerides went from 500 +down to 125. Incredible response, no noticeable side effects. I'll be staying on this medication for the next 6 months, and I will provide further details at the end of the dosage period."

The Anonymouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have been on this medicine for about 8 months. After the first week I experienced muscle pain in legs and ankles. I started taking 200 mg's of CoQ10 daily and I have no more aches anywhere. I highly recommend CoQ10 with Vascepa"

Jay A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I went to see a physician at a clinic for sleep apnea, During this visit he placed a prescription for vascepa in my paperwork. He never even discussed it with me. He never did any blood work on me and I wondered how he knew what my triglyceride were. Long story, short. After filling the script and reading the brochure I figured that it was simply like taking a vitamin . No harm done, right? Wrong. After taking this for about three weeks I started having terrible backaches. I could barely walk, turn etc.I told the doctors nurse that I thought that it was the Vascepa and she said that was impossible she accused me of using abusive language and hung up the phone on me. This was a horrible experience. 1.Severe backache 2.terrible staff."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Triglycerides 515, so doctor put me on Vascepa because I was concerned about muscle weakness with statin rx use. Took Vascepa for one month and I have constant generalized joint pain. I have arthritis, but the pain was manageable until I took Vascepa. I am not taking it anymore. Plus Medicare will not cover it and even with the Vascepa drug discount program it cost me $74 for a one month supply of 1gram twice a day."

RobW# May 25, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Have only taken now for 3 weeks. Thus far; I can't say I've noticed any side effects other than I swear my skin is softer. I was put on low-carb diet; less than 100 grams daily in attempt to lower triglycerides. I had started a regular walking program of at least 5 miles daily. My HDL's had increased 10 points in 6 months; my LDL & VLDL went down; cholesterol dropped a few points. I had even lost 4 pounds but my triglycerides almost doubled to 273! She asked me at that point, "eating carbs by chance?" :| who me??? yes, I'm a bread lover......(sigh). So even though I'm not needing to lose but maybe 5 lbs; my triglyceride number has got to improve! I'll re-rate this script when she re-does my blood work in October 2017."

jlmh67456 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017