User Reviews for Vascepa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vascepa.

Hypertriglyceridemia
8.8

Summary of Vascepa reviews 8.8 27 reviews

Reviews for Vascepa

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Insurance made me switch from Lovaza to Vascepa. Lovaza effectively lower by blood triglycerides and increased my HDL. Insurance co steps in and stated I should have been on Vascepa first as a step program. Went on it and found out my triglycerides went up dramatically and HDL went down. All the Beni fits of Lovaza went out the window. Vascepa cost more than Lovaza marketed by Teva. Vascepa contains only EPA. Lovaza contains both EPA and D-HAWAII. Essentially Big Pharma put me at risk for coronary heart disease. I am now on an older drug Lopid which for years has been shown to be effective in lowering triglycerides and increasing HDLs. Also both Vascepa and Lovaza over time increase LDL, the “bad” cholesterol. Bottom line is that both products can produce potential harm. I am a nutritional scientist who received NIH grants to study blood lipids. Just a warning that patients need to be careful when there insurance company gets involved- it’s all about the money."

Dennu January 27, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I am 39 yrs old and have had triglyceride and cholesterol problems since my 20's. I tried multiple statins and experienced muscle pain side effects with them all. One year ago I was prescribed vescepa with lipitor (my 3rd try). I now have no side effects of lipitor and my triglycerides are much lower as well as my cholesterol. After about 6 months I started experiencing symptoms of low blood pressure. I have been on blood pressure medication for over 15 yrs due to high BP. What I found is that I no longer needed it BP meds to keep my BP at 120/80 or less and I can only attribute the change to the vescepa and lipitor combo because my shiftwork lifestyle hasn't changed as well as my other bad habits of eating."

New Heart January 24, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Two months of taking 4 grams a day, and my triglycerides went from 500 +down to 125. Incredible response, no noticeable side effects. I'll be staying on this medication for the next 6 months, and I will provide further details at the end of the dosage period."

The Anonymouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2018

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have been on this medicine for about 8 months. After the first week I experienced muscle pain in legs and ankles. I started taking 200 mg's of CoQ10 daily and I have no more aches anywhere. I highly recommend CoQ10 with Vascepa"

Jay A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I went to see a physician at a clinic for sleep apnea, During this visit he placed a prescription for vascepa in my paperwork. He never even discussed it with me. He never did any blood work on me and I wondered how he knew what my triglyceride were. Long story, short. After filling the script and reading the brochure I figured that it was simply like taking a vitamin . No harm done, right? Wrong. After taking this for about three weeks I started having terrible backaches. I could barely walk, turn etc.I told the doctors nurse that I thought that it was the Vascepa and she said that was impossible she accused me of using abusive language and hung up the phone on me. This was a horrible experience. 1.Severe backache 2.terrible staff."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Triglycerides 515, so doctor put me on Vascepa because I was concerned about muscle weakness with statin rx use. Took Vascepa for one month and I have constant generalized joint pain. I have arthritis, but the pain was manageable until I took Vascepa. I am not taking it anymore. Plus Medicare will not cover it and even with the Vascepa drug discount program it cost me $74 for a one month supply of 1gram twice a day."

RobW# May 25, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Have only taken now for 3 weeks. Thus far; I can't say I've noticed any side effects other than I swear my skin is softer. I was put on low-carb diet; less than 100 grams daily in attempt to lower triglycerides. I had started a regular walking program of at least 5 miles daily. My HDL's had increased 10 points in 6 months; my LDL & VLDL went down; cholesterol dropped a few points. I had even lost 4 pounds but my triglycerides almost doubled to 273! She asked me at that point, "eating carbs by chance?" :| who me??? yes, I'm a bread lover......(sigh). So even though I'm not needing to lose but maybe 5 lbs; my triglyceride number has got to improve! I'll re-rate this script when she re-does my blood work in October 2017."

jlmh67456 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Triglyceride levels were 508. Doctor prescribed VASCEPA 6 months ago. Did another doctor visit and detailed blood report shows triglyceride lowered to 205. There is no change to my diet and exercise routine so VASCEPA is the only change. Will continue to take next 3 months."

Makslr April 22, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "It did lower my triglycerides but have experienced severe pain in hands."

Mari B January 24, 2017

For Hypertriglyceridemia "6 weeks of constant bathroom use, oily skin that cause clogged glands in my eyes, terrible body stiffness and aches..no energy, fatigue... But HEY it did lower my triglycerides from 231 to 230--all while raising my total cholesterol 21 points, lowering my hdl by 2 points, and raising my ldl by 23 points. Also raised my blood sugar a bit too. So in summary in 6 weeks of suffering just to be in worst health. I would give this medication a 0 if I could"

Mollz November 2, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Just started have used EPA in the past to lower trigs. Mine are in the 400-500 range right now. I've also started a low carb diet (Ketogenic) as this will also help."

DaveTh October 4, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Saw immediate results in triglycerides levels. No noticeable side effects thus far."

HowardL112 August 15, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have been taking Vascepa for three months now and virtually my Triglycerides level didn't change. I had better results with fish oil pills over the counter years ago."

Sof (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Vascepa since 4/1/2013, 79 years old, T1 D since 1957. Other meds=40 mg/day Zocor>20yrs; Insulin. HbA1c =6.5; FBG=111 mg/dL. Total Cholesterol=144 mg/dL; TGCs=63 mg/dL; HDL=61 mg/dL; VLDL=13 mg/dL; LDL-C=70 mg/dL; C-reactive protein=2.2 mg/dL; APO B=60mg/dL; Lp-PLA2=216; EPA=7.0%;AA=5.3%; EPA/AA ratio=1.3; DHA=2.1%; O-6/O-3 ratio=1.8; O-3(EPA DHA) Index=9.1%, optimal>3.2%. No side effects known; no aches; DES(dry eye) disappeared within 3-4 days 1st dose; walking speed is better, feel more flexible. Vascepa is easy to use; PCP[I.M.] describes my health as excellent, and that Advanced CV risk parameters=excellent profile and optimally suppressed."

N40k (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "My Dr. prescribed this drug to lower my triglycerides. My numbers went from over 1400 down to 425 in three months. I continue to take this drug and have seen additional drop in my triglyceride numbers. I have had angioplasty with cardiac stent and diagnosed with CAD also Type 2 diabetic so I know the importance of getting my cholesterol under control. The drug is rather expensive though."

Marty C (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2016

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I've been on Vascepa (2 pills daily) for about 7 months now. I went from 475 to 625 in three months. I don't know how my try spiked. Now I have stomach pain along with knee and back pain. I had back surgery 4 years ago unrelated to taking the drug obviously. However I do have some stomach pain when laying on my belly."

HighTry3 July 19, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Hypertriglycerides 450 - 500. Exercise, weight loss and diet change made little difference. Started Vascepa four months ago. It lowered my bad numbers by 50%. I feel better than I have in past 10 years. Side benefits: My skin is smooth and softer with fine lines reduced and I seem to have more energy. I highly, highly recommend Vascepa."

Tararex (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I was recently prescribed Vascepa for HIGH Triglycerides. I have been highly impressed with it's ability to stop inflammation and pain from my Multiple Sclerosis. I am eagerly waiting to see how well Vascepa lowers my Triglycerides at tje next visit doctor visit.. This medicine is great and minus the issues associated with DHA. Meaning no A-Fib or Palpitations and Tachycardia. As pure as pure is and well well worth the money! Vascepa is a wonder drug. Thank You Amarin Pharmaceuticals."

MS Stinks (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I had TGs of 482 - 525 in 2012 - I tried to get them under control but could not despite exercise and diet . I tried Lovaza in 2012 but it spiked by LDL-s by 40% and my Doc was very concerned and I stopped ( plus fishy stink, burbs etc). Then I tried samples of Vascepa, wow! no fish taste whatsoever, my TGs fell by 40% and I felt better than ever ( mood, strength, less aches and my Dry Eye ceased! and my LDL-C dropped 305 as well. Its a miracle for me. I looked at OTC, but it was far more expensive than 49 co-pay coupon and worried about unknown ingredients, toxins. I highly recommend this medicine. No side effects - Zero!"

Zummy February 20, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have not gone for a blood test yet since starting Vescepa. But I can tell the difference as far as less pain and no side effects."

Red Nose February 1, 2015

For Hypertriglyceridemia "My Tryglicerides and LDL Cholesterol have improved significantly. My dry eyes have also improved significantly while on Vascepa. I highly recommend Vascepa. I feel happy and healthy knowing Vascepa is helping me with my cardiovascular health. I feel like it is money well spent to improve my health."

Ariel L (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2014

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Great medicine that will help me to live longer. My lipids have improved a lot since I started taking Vascepa 2g."

BrianNY September 20, 2014

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Amazing medicine. Was having problems with side effects of statins and Lovaza. Vascepa lowered my LDL-cholesterol also and stops inflammation so aches gone and so pleasant to take."

kevin4642 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2014

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have high LDL cholesterol, high triglycerides and low HDL cholesterol. Spent the last 25 yrs using a variety of medicines to reduce my inherited risk of a heart attack. Vascepa is by far the easiest to tolerate (no side effects) and when taken with the Statin (I'm also on Crestor), has produced the best lipid panel (blood test) results in my 25 yrs of tests. Vascepa is a safe way to reduce your high triglycerides without raising your LDL cholesterol levels and to lower them in relation to your HDL levels. Your HDL / TG ratio matters also and Vascepa is very effective at improving this ratio."

Kiwi2 December 18, 2013

For Hypertriglyceridemia "taking to lower LDL cholesterol effective, but many other benefits, chronic back pain gone, dry eyes from contacts gone, and mood elevation, pleasant to take"

wmbill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2013