Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 30, 2021.
Prior to Initiation of VASCEPA
- Assess lipid levels before initiating therapy. Identify other causes (e.g., diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, or medications) of high triglyceride levels and manage as appropriate.
- Patients should engage in appropriate nutritional intake and physical activity before receiving VASCEPA, which should continue during treatment with VASCEPA.
Frequently asked questions
- Is this the same as fish oil?
- Can it help with weight loss?
- How long does it take to work?
- Does it cause hair loss?
- Does it thin your blood?
- Lovaza vs. Vascepa - what's the difference between them?
More about Vascepa (icosapent)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (103)
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Generic availability
- En español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antihyperlipidemic agents
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.