User Reviews for Lovaza

Lovaza has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 60% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 30% reported a negative experience.

Hypertriglyceridemia
6.3
Dietary Supplementation
10.0
Summary of Lovaza reviews 6.7 10 reviews

Reviews for Lovaza

hitri · June 22, 2008

For Hypertriglyceridemia: “I've used Lovaza for about 8 months and triglycerides are now 900, before it was 3000. My family, sister and father have very high triglycerides. This is the only drug that has ever worked for me and I've used them all. I got my sister to tell her Doctor about it and he put her on Omacor, hers went from 1000 to 250 in 3 months. I just wonder how common this illness is. ”

lakeland_florida · November 22, 2008

For Dietary Supplementation: “Lovaza is an omega-3 acid ethyl ester, the only FDA approved prescription supplement which raises HDL cholesterol. People with high triglycerides and heart failure will also benefit using Lovaza. This product out performs over the counter fish oils.”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month · October 21, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia: “Always had a higher than normal triglycerides but my blood work they were 475. I already take 20 mg of Lipitor so Dr. added Lovaza. After 1 month my new number is 143. I did start walking 30 minutes 5 x per week and cut back on white carbs/sugar but that is a big difference! No side effects - except a slight fishy taste the first week which went away after that. GREAT MED!”

Sur · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 27, 2020

For Hypertriglyceridemia: “I started taking this 9/19. By Oct I thought I had pancreatitis. Stomach acid high, no ulcer. Horrible stomach pain continued till they put me on ulcer meds, but no ulcer. Bad back pain like my back was breaking by May. MRI no new issues and PT not helping. Looked at side effects after getting hives and a rash. I think my body has had enough of this. Now, I have a liver cyst. Read side effects before taking.”

BP · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 18, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia: “This drug is a total rip off. I took it for a few years. No measurable improvement in triglycerides levels. Changed insurance company and new thieves wouldn't cover. Found a fish oil spill at Costco. the highest octane pill they sell. Nature bounty. Have had the best blood tests in years ever since.”

nobody102 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 14, 2019

For Hypertriglyceridemia: “Went to cardiologist on 2/2019 and my Triglycerides where 530, waaay high. Since then I have changed my diet significantly (lower carb and calorie counting). Lost 16 pounds so far, and exercise 5x/week. Has my trigs tested again this week and went down to 179. Taking 4 grams/day of Lovaza. Only side effect I had was burpy fish taste sometimes. I don't know which aspect of my changes (the meds, diet, exercise) had the most impact on getting my trigs down, but am happy with where they are going. My terrible insurance company would not even pay for it, so I am using the generic version - $50/month.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 12, 2012

For Hypertriglyceridemia: “Worked very well. Triglicerides went from 2,000 to 600 in just 3 weeks. The only medication that worked for me.”