User Reviews for Lovaza to treat Hypertriglyceridemia

Lovaza has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia. 56% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Lovaza Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia.

hitri June 22, 2008

“I've used Lovaza for about 8 months and triglycerides are now 900, before it was 3000. My family, sister and father have very high triglycerides. This is the only drug that has ever worked for me and I've used them all. I got my sister to tell her Doctor about it and he put her on Omacor, hers went from 1000 to 250 in 3 months. I just wonder how common this illness is. ”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

“Always had a higher than normal triglycerides but my blood work they were 475. I already take 20 mg of Lipitor so Dr. added Lovaza. After 1 month my new number is 143. I did start walking 30 minutes 5 x per week and cut back on white carbs/sugar but that is a big difference! No side effects - except a slight fishy taste the first week which went away after that. GREAT MED!”

Sur · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 27, 2020

“I started taking this 9/19. By Oct I thought I had pancreatitis. Stomach acid high, no ulcer. Horrible stomach pain continued till they put me on ulcer meds, but no ulcer. Bad back pain like my back was breaking by May. MRI no new issues and PT not helping. Looked at side effects after getting hives and a rash. I think my body has had enough of this. Now, I have a liver cyst. Read side effects before taking.”

nobody102 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

“Went to cardiologist on 2/2019 and my Triglycerides where 530, waaay high. Since then I have changed my diet significantly (lower carb and calorie counting). Lost 16 pounds so far, and exercise 5x/week. Has my trigs tested again this week and went down to 179. Taking 4 grams/day of Lovaza. Only side effect I had was burpy fish taste sometimes. I don't know which aspect of my changes (the meds, diet, exercise) had the most impact on getting my trigs down, but am happy with where they are going. My terrible insurance company would not even pay for it, so I am using the generic version - $50/month.”

BP · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2019

“This drug is a total rip off. I took it for a few years. No measurable improvement in triglycerides levels. Changed insurance company and new thieves wouldn't cover. Found a fish oil spill at Costco. the highest octane pill they sell. Nature bounty. Have had the best blood tests in years ever since.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2012

“Worked very well. Triglicerides went from 2,000 to 600 in just 3 weeks. The only medication that worked for me.”

just call me jc July 21, 2011

“Did not significantly help with my triglycerides. Caused severe chest pain and shortness of breath.”