User Reviews for Biotin

Dietary Supplementation 7 reviews 562 medications

5.9
Summary of Biotin reviews 7 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Biotin

For Dietary Supplementation: "I take this for my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis .I heard that people with MS are in a study using 300-600 MG(!) not mcg, of Biotin. I tried taking 5MG which is the highest available in a pill. I got a nasty headache, but it seems like it was a one-off because I haven't had it repeated. I know it was the biotin though, because I didn't read enough. Apparently it can dehydrate you, so you have to drink a lot more water than you normally would. However, the very next day, I was "sick" in the flulike way that people with CFS/ME do. And the day after that I had tons more energy than before. I think it may have helped my immune system to wake up and fight the (much denied) virus that causes this disease. But I wouldn't have to guess if the CDC, NIH & FDA would fund ME/CFS research."

MandySandyDandy (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hair, Skin & Nails (biotin) for Dietary Supplementation: "I have been taking SHEDAVI hair+ skin+ nails. I'm n my first bottle. I've been having more frequent headaches. I'm not the one the take any analgesic but I've been force to take one to relieve my pain. I also hallucinate a bit I see thing running around my house I know can't be there. I was wondering if anyone had experience the same side effects and should I stop taking it?"

mari4 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dietary Supplementation: "I've been taking Biotin off and on for a few years and have noticed that certain brands seem to cause more headaches ...and for someone who never really gets headaches the ones I got after taking it were just unbearable... stopped taking it and no more headaches so my suggestion is to stick with a well respected brand and if you can, just buy a small bottle first to see if you have a reaction... on the plus side I did see an improvement in my skin.. oh, and maybe it's just me but I also noticed if I took it at night I had the most bizarre dreams "

Kristinmh94928 July 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dietary Supplementation: "I am a 30 year old married female. I took biotin for 5 days, 5000 mcg 2 pills a day and now my period is 3 days late (And counting.The pregnancy test is negative fyi). I found many posts online by users saying their menstruation cycle started later rather than sooner and they weren't pregnant. I just wanted to mention this possible side effect. Also this pill gave me pimples."

Notsogoodnonononono (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dietary Supplementation: "PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO DRINK TONS OF WATER WITH THIS VITAMIN OR ELSE. Biotin will give you acne. It will cause severe headaches. It will make you nauseous, and you will complain it doesn't work and give up. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET RESULTS. In reality your doing it wrong if your not getting enough water! It has worked wonders for me. I have lost hair due to medications and stress. I started noticing results in two weeks (eyelashes). Two months (scalp). And you will get hair growth everywhere. My hair has never looked more healthier."

ProudARMYwife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2014

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dietary Supplementation: "Biotin is pure bliss. I have been taking it everyday at 5000 mg. It has definitely made improvement in my nails and hair. I have been taking it for a few months and my hair has grown almost two inches. Reading tons of negative reviews on other sites at first made me think that biotin would barely do anything, but that was wrong biotin definitely helped my hair, skin, and nails! Taking this everyday and sticking with it really makes a difference!"

Meganmariee December 30, 2013

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dietary Supplementation: "I am 54 years old and have not had acne since I was a teenager. After only 2 days of taking 5000mg, my nose broke out in large red rosacea type pimples. I stopped the vitamin and did not get any more pimples."

Katie222 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2013

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I have been taking biotin for about three years to improve my nails and hair. I can tell a great difference in the strengh of my nails. They no longer peel like onion skin but are very strong and healthy. There isn't much of a change in my hair."

susanetta October 4, 2008