Generic Name: Omega-3 Fatty Acid Capsules (oh MEG a three FAT tee AS ids)
Brand Name: Lovaza, Triklo
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
Uses of Triklo:
- It is used to lower triglycerides.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Triklo?
- If you are allergic to Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules); any part of Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Triklo?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you are allergic to fish, fish oil, or shellfish, talk with your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Follow the diet and workout plan that your doctor told you about.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol.
- Certain types of abnormal heartbeats (atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter) have happened with Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules). These abnormal heartbeats can be severe. The risk is raised in people who have had these abnormal heartbeats in the past.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Triklo) best taken?
Use Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules) with food.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, open, or dissolve.
- If you have trouble swallowing, talk with your doctor.
- Keep taking Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules) as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Fast or abnormal heartbeat.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Shortness of breath.
- Chest pain.
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Swelling in the arms or legs.
What are some other side effects of Triklo?
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Triklo?
- Store at room temperature in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Triklo (omega-3 fatty acid capsules), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
More about Triklo (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: nutraceutical products