User Reviews for Fenofibrate to treat Hypertriglyceridemia

Also known as: TriCor, Antara, Triglide, Lipofen Fenoglide

Fenofibrate Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia.

Reviews for Fenofibrate

Anonymous June 30, 2020

“I have been taking Fenofibrate 160 mg for almost 15 years. I have back so bad it takes my breath away. I have gone though test after test and more physical therapy than I care to think about. A few days ago, I decided to check side effects of this drug. I quit taking it and already feel better. Guess we’ll see what my doctor says....”

Juan · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

“I took femofibrate continuously for 40 days . I never had triglycerides so low in my life (150 mg). Due to multiple side effects(sore throat, sinusitis, muscle aches and tiredness) I decided to stop it. Now 2 weeks later I felt well and all side effects went away. I decided to restart medication, this time 3 times per week (145 mg). 10 days later I am back with leg and back pain as well as sensation of general weakness as if I had a viral illness. Today I decided to stop it and call my physician.”

Lisa · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

“I started taking fenofibrate and began to have breathing issues. It was during winter and I always get bronchitis, so thought nothing of it. I have a very good sense of smell but noticed that now I cannot smell anything. I have had a runny nose so bad that I started taking meds for that, but I’m congested at the same time. I have also had a nose bleeds for months and never had this before, ever. I didn’t realize that when I miss the medication, my nose issues stop. Today I looked up side affects and they are a lot to do with breathing and nasal. I will not be taking this anymore.”

Alex December 26, 2019

“On it for couple of weeks, 250 pounds, 6.5 height 43 years old Maybe works for some to lower triglycerides. For me terrible. Also taking bustolik to lower blood pressure, Started at 145 mg, cut doze to half (because of how sick it was making me feel), all standard side effects, pain in muscles and joints, general weakness, disorientation, negative mood. Caused a possible brain aneurism, behind eye pain and head pain, sensitivity to light, nausea from headaches, stiff left side of neck, pressure in specific left parts of brain, left hand and shoulders numbness more so then the right, all pain eventually goes to the brain, if the brain related issues are related to this med hard to say how much damage it exactly done to me so far, can’t exercise while on it since any increase in blood pressure results in pressure and headaches in the brain, truly like taking poison that gradually destroys your health, stopped taking it today, changing diet to reduce tryglz.”

James · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

“I've been taking fenofibrate for 2 months now (54mg) and had my bloodwork checked recently. I was surprised to see my horrific levels before going on this medication were 1/2 what they were before. (Triglycerides went from 599 to 310.) Yes, I still know that 310 is still high, so I recently upped the dose. I'm 6'1 and 210 lbs now, before this I was 225, so it helped me lose 15 lbs in 2 months also. Zero side effects, I take the medication first thing when I wake up in the morning.”

that'senough · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2019

“I'm always starting and stopping fenofibrate because I start to get side effects that I can't manage. I only took it two times this period and I had such bad body aches and fatigue that I almost didn't make it through work. Right now I feel like I'm recovering but still sore. The longest I ever was on it was for a week and instead of body aches I had extreme sensitivity to the sun (which is a side effect). My body felt like it was sunburned but wasn't. I keep trying but I can't tolerate it. I know it is an effective drug for bringing down high triglycerides but I can't function on it.”

Snook · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2019

“This is my second round with fenofibrate. Each time I developed muscle pain and weakness to the point it inhibited my exercise. My Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) levels are elevated. Fortunately my PCP listens to me. I convinced her that my exercise can be more beneficial than this drug for me. I feel like I’ve been in a brawl. I found it difficult just to get out of bed. I was only back on it for less than a month.”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

“Took fenofibrate for two weeks, now suffering with side effects of severe thigh and leg pains, hurts to get down steps. Quit taking this medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

“I had a PCP who put me on this fenofibrate and refused to change it. It makes me sleep 24 hours a day, I've gotten to where I hurt so bad I can't function. It hurts to drive sit or stand a certain way. But she swears up and down its not the medication”

aaron · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2019

“just started this medication fenofibrate Triglycerides was 491 WITHOUT FASTING test. S/E very sleepy, shoulder pain, I suffer from panic disorder so not sure if the chest pain is from that or the medicine.”

Adrian Quijano · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2018

“Great product. No side effects just don't take it without food in your stomach. Here my stats. 36 yo M. 175 cm and 185 lbs waist circumference 104 cm. Dyslilipedimia. High Cholesterol and Higher Tryglicerides. Took 2 months Triglycerides from 371 to 42, Cholesterol from 297 to 114 HDL From 42 to 23 LDL from 74 to 72 Lost 7 lbs. I stopped, eating pasta, rice, red meat and no beer. Side effects: Messed up with my liver enzymes which only I knew because of offshore medical check up. I stop taking it so I can get a FIT certificate.”

Dayanand · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2018

“It's working”

Greg · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2018

“First month had some heavy side effects. Nausea being the worst, stomach pain, back pain, right shoulder pain (still there) most have subsided after second Month. Had triglycerides over 4000. Now at around 300 because of the medicine. Life saving for me. Though if you miss a dose or eat the wrong thing, you know it.. plus no alcohol ever again..sad but I can be alive to see my son grow up.. small price to pay to live”

Greggl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2018

TriCor (fenofibrate): “This drug has helped me in a month go from 432 on my triglycerides to 339. Had slight side effects (minor nausea and constipation), how ever the slight side effects don't nearly come close to the health benefits I'm relieving.. has also lower my blood sugar 50-75 points on average. I went from possibly going into the ICU to be in no immediate danger in a month or less time..”

wavestillmanzz12 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2017

“I was prescribed this medicine to address high triglyceride and low HDL levels. In eight months of using fenofibrate and adjusting my diet, my total cholesterol went down 30%, my LDL went from 106 to 80, HDL went from 33 to 44, and my triglyceride numbers plummeted over 75% from 300 to 70. The side effect I experienced was a weight gain of 10 pounds within the first month and it stayed at that level for the eight month period. I did not experience any other side effect. Cost of medication with insurance is $15 a month.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2017

“My triglycerides were a whopping 758, so my Dr decided to put me on 145mg of Fenofibrate daily. I've only been on the medication for 3 days now, and I'm experiencing extreme fatigue, pains in chest and back and headache. I'm trying to stick with it hoping the symptoms go away after a few weeks, but mot sure how much longer I can continue this way.”

Blue .r · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2017

“Extreme sickness while taking over 2 months I had no idea it was making me sick. I am diabetic and was also on metoprolol. Shortness of breath, chest pains, extreme nausea, diarrhea, back burning, joint pain ,leg pain and twitching ,organ pain, high wbc count, hypoglycemia, insomnia and worst of all headaches. I just found out it was this after they almost sent me for a bone marrow biopsy. I was sure I was having a reaction. I stopped 3 days so far no problems anymore. Now just worried about damaged it caused..”

Don57 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2017

“Had triglycerides level of 460+. Took Fenofibrate 160mg(Mylan). Within a month, dropped to 132. I was 5'8", 182 pounds. Started eating less, dropping about a pound a week. Did not feel hungry. Side effects after 8 weeks of Fenofibrate experienced an SVT(Supraventricular Tachycardia) event. Trip to Emergency Room with heart beats per minute > 200 which lasted 3 hours. Given adensine IV. Continued Fenofibrate. Trip to cardiologist. Heart echo(ultrasound) found normal 60+ real old heart. In another 6 weeks had another SVT. Heart beat >180 beats per minute. Visited PCP and requested medicine change to Lipitor or Crestor which in addition to lower cholesterol may also work on triglycerides. YMMV. (Your milage may vary)”

Jwright7784 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 22, 2016

“Was placed on this for Hypercholesterolemia, incidentally my triglycerides were high as well. Can't really say if this has helped or not. I suspect another medication, Abilify, was responsible for the Hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides. I quit the Abilify and the last time I had my levels checked I was told I was normal. Again, can't say if this has helped...can't say it hasn't.”

2chuck · Taken for 10 years or more May 31, 2016

“My triglycerides were above 1000 and my Dr told me I was risking pancreatitis, which could be fatal unless I lowered them. I grudgingly started taking fenofibrate daily about 15 years ago and it lowers my triglycerides to 200 or less. It works.”

Opey · Taken for 10 years or more March 17, 2016

“Triglycerides 1,300+; Maintained at around 200 for last 14 years with Fenofibrate.”

hdldl December 31, 2015

“Took lipanthyl 145mg for 3 months, triglycerides went down, hdl went up, but ldl went up. Alt was also detected at 78. Had mild chest pain, not sure if related. Changing to another med.”

ThisDogHunts October 9, 2015

“Did wonders for tryglicerides. Also lowered LDL. Did not raise HDL”

Dhananjay Nagvenkar September 28, 2015

“Fenefibrate caused slow increase in sr. creatinine from 1.1 to 2.1 ...and chronic renal failure like situation without any symptoms of CKD... however fully recovered the Sr. creatinine levels and normal kidney functions after stopping fenefibrate oral.”

YESUDASS · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2014