User Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

Also known as: Lovaza, Fish Oil, Omega-3, Vayarin, Omega 3-6-9 Complex, MegaKrill, Omega-500, Omacor, Omega Essentials, Prenatal DHA, Dry Eye Omega Benefits, MaxEPA, EPA Fish Oil, Nature's Bounty Red Krill Oil, Fish Oil Ultra, Divista, TherOmega, Sea-Omega, Super-EPA, Vascazen, Maximum Red Krill, Systane Vitamin Omega-3 Healthy Tears, MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula, Marine Lipid Concentrate, Proepa, Icar Prenatal Essential Omega-3, Sea-Omega 30, Sea-Omega 70, Animi-3, Mi-Omega NF, Omega Essentials Basic, Mi-Omega, TheraTears Nutrition, Wellbaby DHA, Ovega-3 Vegetarian, MaxiVision Omega-3 Formula, Animi-3 with Vitamin D, Cardio Omega Benefits, Flex Omega Benefits, Sundown Naturals Triple Strength Red Krill Oil, Triklo, Mom's Omega Advantage, TherOmega Sport, Dialyvite Omega-3 Concentrate …show all brand names

Hypertriglyceridemia
8.2

ADHD

Dietary Supplementation
5.3

Summary of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reviews 7.0 30 reviews

Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

nobody102 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Went to cardiologist on 2/2019 and my Triglycerides where 530, waaay high. Since then I have changed my diet significantly (lower carb and calorie counting). Lost 16 pounds so far, and exercise 5x/week. Has my trigs tested again this week and went down to 179. Taking 4 grams/day of Lovaza. Only side effect I had was burpy fish taste sometimes. I don't know which aspect of my changes (the meds, diet, exercise) had the most impact on getting my trigs down, but am happy with where they are going. My terrible insurance company would not even pay for it, so I am using the generic version - $50/month."

kiwi1254 · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I have tried Lovaza twice over the years and it always gave me such an upset stomach I had to stop taking it."

KD · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Read all the reviews, but decided to try these out anyway. Boy oh boy big mistake within the hour I was having severe stomach pains and diarrhea it was awful. Do not take these pills try something else."

JPH · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Recommended by eye doctor. Took 3 pills a day for one and a half months. My pulse rate soared and stayed about 114-132 for the entire time I took the vitamin. Stopped taking the supplement and right back to normal. Seeing a cardiologist to make sure but feel I'm possibly allergic to something in this supplement. Check before taking or if you take stop if you start feeling strange. It's an awful feeling to have your pulse racing. Hope this helps someone. Hard to imagine vitamins could cause this."

Shiloh · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "I have to take flax seed oil instead of fish oils. I know it sounds weird, and I've never heard of it, but fish oil capsules cause bright blue splotches on my skin! I don't mean the dark bluish bruise color, but bright. No, I'm not allergic to shell fish, don't have a bleeding problem or on blood thinners, my cholesterol numbers are great, I don't bruise easily, was on no medications at the time I tried it, my sugar level runs about 79-80 normally, and I have a good diet free of processed or refined foods-no pop, rarely any fried food, sugars except naturally occurring."

FishOilFluSymptoms June 27, 2017

For ADHD: "I began with flu like symptoms a few days after starting. Same with my son. I thought it was a coincidence. Then I restarted several weeks later with the same effect. This was a very long, lingering illness each time."

Markjones_fl · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2017

For ADHD: "I have been utilizing Omega-3 for a month. In any case, I have not found if this is making me fill any unique or not. Have not seen any progressions or felt anything to know whether it is working are not.This may be a little premature.I took one dosage day by day after supper without any issues. Took in morning day by day after oat - then around 30 minutes after the fact had a (small, elegant) burp....fishy. Presently, it wasn't about as awful as different brands that I have utilized where I truly needed to toss the full jug out. In any case, it was still fishy - not lemony - but rather it dissipated rapidly which was decent. Before It, I had likewise utilized Cerebraultra. I discover them more gainful with the exception of Omega - 3."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 2, 2016

For ADHD: "I am a 40 year old woman with inattentive ADHD, I tried medication, Adderall IR worked ok for me, but the side effects weren't worth it, also it's expensive. I take 2600 mg of omega 3's from fish oil a day. I find that anything less is ineffective for me. I combine it with other supplements (whole food multivitamin, phosphatidylserine (off and on), magnesium, l-theanine, caffeine usually yerba mate tea but sometimes I drink monster low carb energy and/or coffee, high protein low sugar diet, exercise) and methods as by itself omega 3 isn't as effective, effective yes, but not as much. I find it to be stimulating and it helps keep my head clear."

Jwright7784 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 23, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "Started taking this at the suggestion of a doctor. Not really for anything in particular but just for general health. Around this same time I was very overweight (over 300 lbs) and had very high blood pressure, systolic 150-160, diastolic 100-110 (I had to be put on blood pressure medication). After a year of being on Omega-3 I had lost 75 lbs (I wasn't even really trying, didn't exercise or anything) and my blood pressure was greatly improved, systolic 102-125, diastolic 70-85. I would totally recommend Omega-3 to anyone not only for hearth health but just general well being. Not everyone will experience such a dramatic improvement I would think but Omega-3 is great for the heart and the brain."

cjaardvark February 4, 2016

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Triglyceride levels reduced markedly. Very surprised!"

Geo68 November 30, 2015

MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "thirty days in with no results."

dawnypoo · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2015

TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Sugested by ophthalmic surge after lasik surgery caused lack of tears. After few days had flu like symptoms; achy, chilled, gas, diarrhea. I thought I had the flu, so started again two days later - same symptoms lasting all day. Still didn't relate pills to symptoms - up all night and spacey the next day. Stopped taking the dang things and feel fine now, but still have dry eyes."

Patty S · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "Fish oil is such a wonderful alternative to medication! We were opposed to medication due to nasty side effects and other reasons, but with fish oil, there are none, and yet our son's focus has improved drastically. I would absolutely recommend both fish oil and Krill oil for focus, just make sure it's a high quality fish oil that is toxin tested."

John127128959 August 5, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "Been taking Nordic Naturals Fish Oil for over 2 years and it has seriously had a positive effect. The only problem is, I started to try the Cod liver oil and it makes me feel really dizzy and strange."

KANG- Ra May 18, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "It was suggested that I supplement my diet with fish oil, don't remember if it was for my high blood pressure or arthritis, but she was a nurse and I said yes. Three weeks later, my stomach will not settle, everything I eat makes me feel "too full", gassy, and nauseous, and there is nothing but (please pardon me) liquid for stools. As of today I am discontinuing use to see if that is my problem. I hope this helps someone suffering in the same manner I am."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2012

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Worked very well. Triglicerides went from 2,000 to 600 in just 3 weeks. The only medication that worked for me."

DannyDT · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for : "3 months back doctor told me that my cholesterol levels are slightly on higher side and need to start medication if the levels are same after three months. InsteadI started taking EFA Icon Krill oil a couple months back. Today I got my lab reports and its normal: HDL - 51 LDL - 104 Total Cholesterol - 189"

GoAskP April 16, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "It made me really sick. I took it for months before I realized it was the fish oil causing my symptoms."

GoAskP April 16, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Dietary Supplementation: "Constipation, bloating, brain fog, muscle pains, amenorrhea, hyponatremia."

Anonymous December 7, 2011

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for : "I took the enteric coated, triple strength, Fish Oil, 1400 mg, one a day for about one week and I develop stomach and abdominal pain, and itching. I stop taking it, and after a week the pain and itching is gone. It is now about a month since I stop taking Fish Oil and the pain and itching did not come back."

Anonymous August 4, 2011

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was put on Dexedrine and Adderall. I recently was in rehab for alcoholism and a nasty heroin and Xanax addiction. While in rehab the doctors switched me to Wellbutrin which worked well for my ADHD but made my hair fall out. I started researching natural ways and now I take about 200mg of Fish Oil every morning along with vitamin B12 before work. I don't know if it is the placebo effect or what but friends, family and coworkers have noticed I am a lot more focused and my job performance is a lot better."

just call me jc July 21, 2011

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "Did not significantly help with my triglycerides. Caused severe chest pain and shortness of breath."

Anonymous April 6, 2011

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for Hypertriglyceridemia: "I use this medicine since several years now, and my triglyceride level has dropped 20-30. Also my cholesterol is OK now. I use 4 grams a day."

grjmmr1 April 3, 2011

For Dietary Supplementation: "The best thing my Doctor has put me on yet."

Anonymous November 30, 2009

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) for ADHD: "Works great with stimulants, but increases heart rate."