User Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids to treat Hypertriglyceridemia

Also known as: Fish Oil, Lovaza, Omega-3, Omega 3-6-9 Complex, Prenatal DHA, MegaKrill, EPA Fish Oil, Animi-3 with Vitamin D, Sea-Omega, Sundown Naturals Triple Strength Red Krill Oil, Systane Vitamin Omega-3 Healthy Tears, MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula, MaxEPA, Icar Prenatal Essential Omega-3, Sea-Omega 30, Animi-3, Vayarin, Omega Essentials, Omega Essentials Basic, Nature's Bounty Red Krill Oil, Fish Oil Ultra, Vascazen, TheraTears Nutrition, Wellbaby DHA, Divista, Ovega-3 Vegetarian MaxiVision Omega-3 Formula TherOmega Cardio Omega Benefits Dry Eye Omega Benefits Flex Omega Benefits Triklo Mom's Omega Advantage Dialyvite Omega-3 Concentrate Maximum Red Krill …show all brand names

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia. 69% of those users who reviewed Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia.

Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

cow · Taken for 10 years or more March 4, 2021

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Have taken for 25 years due to bad reactions to statins. Reduced my triglycerides from 1200 to 230.”

Sur · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 27, 2020

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I started taking this 9/19. By Oct I thought I had pancreatitis. Stomach acid high, no ulcer. Horrible stomach pain continued till they put me on ulcer meds, but no ulcer. Bad back pain like my back was breaking by May. MRI no new issues and PT not helping. Looked at side effects after getting hives and a rash. I think my body has had enough of this. Now, I have a liver cyst. Read side effects before taking.”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Always had a higher than normal triglycerides but my blood work they were 475. I already take 20 mg of Lipitor so Dr. added Lovaza. After 1 month my new number is 143. I did start walking 30 minutes 5 x per week and cut back on white carbs/sugar but that is a big difference! No side effects - except a slight fishy taste the first week which went away after that. GREAT MED!”

hitri June 22, 2008

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I've used Lovaza for about 8 months and triglycerides are now 900, before it was 3000. My family, sister and father have very high triglycerides. This is the only drug that has ever worked for me and I've used them all. I got my sister to tell her Doctor about it and he put her on Omacor, hers went from 1000 to 250 in 3 months. I just wonder how common this illness is. ”

Anonymous June 20, 2008

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I have had hypothyroidisim since I was 10 years old. I am not over weight, I do not eat red meat but my cholesterol is close to 300. I have used 5 different statins, they work but I am left with cramping in my thighs or my gut and therefore I can't take them. Omacor lowerd my cholesterol to 212 without pain of any kind. It is a more natural approach to cholesterol. managment.”

nobody102 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Went to cardiologist on 2/2019 and my Triglycerides where 530, waaay high. Since then I have changed my diet significantly (lower carb and calorie counting). Lost 16 pounds so far, and exercise 5x/week. Has my trigs tested again this week and went down to 179. Taking 4 grams/day of Lovaza. Only side effect I had was burpy fish taste sometimes. I don't know which aspect of my changes (the meds, diet, exercise) had the most impact on getting my trigs down, but am happy with where they are going. My terrible insurance company would not even pay for it, so I am using the generic version - $50/month.”

BP · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2019

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “This drug is a total rip off. I took it for a few years. No measurable improvement in triglycerides levels. Changed insurance company and new thieves wouldn't cover. Found a fish oil spill at Costco. the highest octane pill they sell. Nature bounty. Have had the best blood tests in years ever since.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2012

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Worked very well. Triglicerides went from 2,000 to 600 in just 3 weeks. The only medication that worked for me.”

just call me jc July 21, 2011

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Did not significantly help with my triglycerides. Caused severe chest pain and shortness of breath.”

Anonymous April 6, 2011

Omacor (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I use this medicine since several years now, and my triglyceride level has dropped 20-30. Also my cholesterol is OK now. I use 4 grams a day.”

kiwi1254 · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I have tried Lovaza twice over the years and it always gave me such an upset stomach I had to stop taking it.”

Anonymous September 7, 2009

EPA Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “This worked for me! I take 40 mg of Zocor and the fish oil-Omega 3 fatty acids and together they brought my triglycerides below normal levels as well as total cholesterol numbers!”

cjaardvark February 4, 2016

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Triglyceride levels reduced markedly. Very surprised!”

Learn more about Hypertriglyceridemia