User Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids to treat ADHD

Also known as: Fish Oil, Lovaza, Omega-3, Omega 3-6-9 Complex, EPA Fish Oil, Prenatal DHA, MegaKrill, Triple Strength Red Krill Oil, Omega Essentials, TheraTears Nutrition, MaxEPA, Nature's Bounty Red Krill Oil, Vascazen, Divista, Ovega-3 Vegetarian, Animi-3 with Vitamin D, Systane Vitamin Omega-3 Healthy Tears, MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula, Sea-Omega, Icar Prenatal Essential Omega-3, Sea-Omega 30, Animi-3, Vayarin, Omega Essentials Basic, De Dye Eye Omega Benefits, Fish Oil Ultra, Wellbaby DHA MaxiVision Omega-3 Formula TherOmega Cardio Omega Benefits Dry Eye Omega Benefits Flex Omega Benefits Sundown Naturals Triple Strength Red Krill Oil Triklo Mom's Omega Advantage Dialyvite Omega-3 Concentrate Maximum Red Krill …show all brand names

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of ADHD. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Anonymous October 9, 2008

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “My 8 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4. We did not start medication until 1st grade, but are glad we finally did. He is currently taking Vyvanse. I read some materials on Fish Oil and brain functioning and specifically ADHD. When my son comes home from school the medication effects are diminishing and he tends to get emotional and irritable. When that happens, we give him 2 fish oil capsules and within about 1/2 hour he usually calms down and returns to focus better. We use Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Junior with 135 mg EPA and 90 mg DHA. The capsules are lemon flavored, small and easy for a child to swallow.”

Anonymous August 4, 2011

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and was put on Dexedrine and Adderall. I recently was in rehab for alcoholism and a nasty heroin and Xanax addiction. While in rehab the doctors switched me to Wellbutrin which worked well for my ADHD but made my hair fall out. I started researching natural ways and now I take about 200mg of Fish Oil every morning along with vitamin B12 before work. I don't know if it is the placebo effect or what but friends, family and coworkers have noticed I am a lot more focused and my job performance is a lot better.”

Patty S · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Fish oil is such a wonderful alternative to medication! We were opposed to medication due to nasty side effects and other reasons, but with fish oil, there are none, and yet our son's focus has improved drastically. I would absolutely recommend both fish oil and Krill oil for focus, just make sure it's a high quality fish oil that is toxin tested.”

John127128959 August 5, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Been taking Nordic Naturals Fish Oil for over 2 years and it has seriously had a positive effect. The only problem is, I started to try the Cod liver oil and it makes me feel really dizzy and strange.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 2, 2016

“I am a 40 year old woman with inattentive ADHD, I tried medication, Adderall IR worked ok for me, but the side effects weren't worth it, also it's expensive. I take 2600 mg of omega 3's from fish oil a day. I find that anything less is ineffective for me. I combine it with other supplements (whole food multivitamin, phosphatidylserine (off and on), magnesium, l-theanine, caffeine usually yerba mate tea but sometimes I drink monster low carb energy and/or coffee, high protein low sugar diet, exercise) and methods as by itself omega 3 isn't as effective, effective yes, but not as much. I find it to be stimulating and it helps keep my head clear.”

FishOilFluSymptoms June 27, 2017

“I began with flu like symptoms a few days after starting. Same with my son. I thought it was a coincidence. Then I restarted several weeks later with the same effect. This was a very long, lingering illness each time.”

Markjones_fl · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2017

“I have been utilizing Omega-3 for a month. In any case, I have not found if this is making me fill any unique or not. Have not seen any progressions or felt anything to know whether it is working are not.This may be a little premature.I took one dosage day by day after supper without any issues. Took in morning day by day after oat - then around 30 minutes after the fact had a (small, elegant) burp....fishy. Presently, it wasn't about as awful as different brands that I have utilized where I truly needed to toss the full jug out. In any case, it was still fishy - not lemony - but rather it dissipated rapidly which was decent. Before It, I had likewise utilized Cerebraultra. I discover them more gainful with the exception of Omega - 3.”