User Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids to treat Dietary Supplementation

Also known as: Fish Oil, Lovaza, Omega-3, Omega 3-6-9 Complex, MegaKrill, Prenatal DHA, MaxEPA, EPA Fish Oil, Sea-Omega, Sea-Omega 30, Vayarin, Vascazen, Animi-3 with Vitamin D, Triklo, Systane Vitamin Omega-3 Healthy Tears, MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula, Icar Prenatal Essential Omega-3, Animi-3, Omega Essentials, Omega Essentials Basic, Nature's Bounty Red Krill Oil, Fish Oil Ultra, TheraTears Nutrition, Wellbaby DHA, Divista, Ovega-3 Vegetarian MaxiVision Omega-3 Formula TherOmega Cardio Omega Benefits Dry Eye Omega Benefits Flex Omega Benefits Sundown Naturals Triple Strength Red Krill Oil Mom's Omega Advantage Dialyvite Omega-3 Concentrate Maximum Red Krill …show all brand names

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Dietary Supplementation. 33% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids Rating Summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 215 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Reviews for Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

lakeland_florida November 22, 2008

Lovaza (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Lovaza is an omega-3 acid ethyl ester, the only FDA approved prescription supplement which raises HDL cholesterol. People with high triglycerides and heart failure will also benefit using Lovaza. This product out performs over the counter fish oils.”

KANG- Ra May 18, 2014

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “It was suggested that I supplement my diet with fish oil, don't remember if it was for my high blood pressure or arthritis, but she was a nurse and I said yes. Three weeks later, my stomach will not settle, everything I eat makes me feel "too full", gassy, and nauseous, and there is nothing but (please pardon me) liquid for stools. As of today I am discontinuing use to see if that is my problem. I hope this helps someone suffering in the same manner I am.”

Shiloh · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “I have to take flax seed oil instead of fish oils. I know it sounds weird, and I've never heard of it, but fish oil capsules cause bright blue splotches on my skin! I don't mean the dark bluish bruise color, but bright. No, I'm not allergic to shell fish, don't have a bleeding problem or on blood thinners, my cholesterol numbers are great, I don't bruise easily, was on no medications at the time I tried it, my sugar level runs about 79-80 normally, and I have a good diet free of processed or refined foods-no pop, rarely any fried food, sugars except naturally occurring.”

KD · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Read all the reviews, but decided to try these out anyway. Boy oh boy big mistake within the hour I was having severe stomach pains and diarrhea it was awful. Do not take these pills try something else.”

Jwright7784 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 23, 2016

“Started taking this at the suggestion of a doctor. Not really for anything in particular but just for general health. Around this same time I was very overweight (over 300 lbs) and had very high blood pressure, systolic 150-160, diastolic 100-110 (I had to be put on blood pressure medication). After a year of being on Omega-3 I had lost 75 lbs (I wasn't even really trying, didn't exercise or anything) and my blood pressure was greatly improved, systolic 102-125, diastolic 70-85. I would totally recommend Omega-3 to anyone not only for hearth health but just general well being. Not everyone will experience such a dramatic improvement I would think but Omega-3 is great for the heart and the brain.”

JPH · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Recommended by eye doctor. Took 3 pills a day for one and a half months. My pulse rate soared and stayed about 114-132 for the entire time I took the vitamin. Stopped taking the supplement and right back to normal. Seeing a cardiologist to make sure but feel I'm possibly allergic to something in this supplement. Check before taking or if you take stop if you start feeling strange. It's an awful feeling to have your pulse racing. Hope this helps someone. Hard to imagine vitamins could cause this.”

dawnypoo · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2015

TheraTears Nutrition (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Sugested by ophthalmic surge after lasik surgery caused lack of tears. After few days had flu like symptoms; achy, chilled, gas, diarrhea. I thought I had the flu, so started again two days later - same symptoms lasting all day. Still didn't relate pills to symptoms - up all night and spacey the next day. Stopped taking the dang things and feel fine now, but still have dry eyes.”

Tommy January 17, 2020

“I have Gout for more than 10 years and been advised that omega 3 fish oil is good/ no harm for people like me. Be careful, I looked at my omega 3 bottle today which made of anchovy, mackerel, sardine - fish. These are the worst for gout patients. That is why my gout kept coming back for the last 10 years despite any strictly diets and treatments. People with Gout, please stay away from omega 3 fish oil by my experience.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2021

“For the reviewer who had this experience: thought I had pancreatitis. Stomach acid high, no ulcer. Now, I have a liver cyst. Read side effects before taking.” I had the exact same experience with pancreatitis before taking the fish oil. The liver cyst and high alkaline acids were a metastasis of breast cancer that spread to the liver. I'm not suggesting you have cancer, but the the other symptoms were present before the oil. Perhaps your liver test was a matter of bad timing, because they should have tested it as soon as you had a pancreatitis attack and performed an MRI/ultrasound.”

GoAskP April 16, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “Constipation, bloating, brain fog, muscle pains, amenorrhea, hyponatremia.”

GoAskP April 16, 2012

Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “It made me really sick. I took it for months before I realized it was the fish oil causing my symptoms.”

Anonymous September 21, 2008

“Very good for all the mentioned conditions including the cardiac, triglycerides, mood, anxiety, and ADHD benefits. I have seen improvement in all these areas.”

grjmmr1 April 3, 2011

“The best thing my Doctor has put me on yet.”

Geo68 November 30, 2015

MaxiTears Dry Eye Formula (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids): “thirty days in with no results.”