User Reviews for Crestor

Learn more about Crestor.

Crestor Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 299 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol.

Reviews for Crestor to treat High Cholesterol

"5mg, tinnitus is aggravated quite severely, joint pain in toe joints, mild depression, slight nausea and occasional insomnia - 3 weeks usage"

AceMcGee (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started Crestor Jan 1 2017, in mid Feb I started having severe CAN'T BREATH episodes gasping for air, dypsnea, throat swelling & closing, very hoarse, chest pain, chest burning, erratic racing pulse -- and months of feeling horrible. After countless trips to the doctor, CT scans of sinuses, throat and lungs, multiple rounds of antibiotics & steroids for assumed lingering bronchitis, the same doc that put me on Crestor had no idea how to help me and sent me to an ENT-- who could see me 3 weeks later! Meanwhile, symptoms worsening. I felt like a 90 year old. A friend who had had an allergic reaction to a drug recognized symptoms of anaphylactyic allergic reaction. Off crestor 2.5 wks; getting better but google says 1-2 months to get out of system"

Can't Breath! (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"CRESTOR 20mg - STARTED TAKING ON Jan 14, 2015; TWO YEARS AGO. approx Dec 2016 started to have noticeable pain in legs - meanwhile playing tennis 3 times a week - On Feb 21, 2017 Cardiologist would not eliminate Crestor or substitute but said go to 1/2 dosage which I did. It's effective. Will review in 4 months with Cardiologist MUSCLE ACHES SHOULD BE A WARNING TO ATHLETES WITH THIS STATIN - MAYBE OTHER STATINS TOO. 11/01/2016 -- recognized leg pain - both lower legs as problem 12/19/16 - saw Sports Med Dr at Penn - - Naproxen scripted 02/21//17 - talked w/Cardiologist about continuing both lower leg painâ–ş- now reduce to 10mg - PAIN REDUCED QUICKLY AFTER LOWER DOSAGE and remains minimal NOW"

Observer1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took Rosvastatin (crestor generic) 10mg for 3 mos. Had knee pain, developed severe headaches, increased ringing and buzzing in ears. Makes me concerned about taking any statins again ever. Decreased LDL but Too strong. Noted my blood sugar was increased above the usual. So watch for that in your lab tests as it may be linked to this or other lipid medication."

achuros February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My Dr put me on crestor 6 weeks ago and my ldl went from 283 to 83. He couldn't believe it. I don't have any side effects or pain."

Englelisa45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had high cholesterol started on crestor.Sense then my life a nightmare. Leg cramps, joint pain swelling, memory loss ,extreme fatigue and now they have diagnosed me with an unknown issue. All since crestor I am stopping ..never sick a day in my life..these medications will make us sicker. ."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a few years of taking Crestor (which worked fine for its intended purpose), I suddenly developed a severe case of Sciatica. I couldn't stand, sit, walk, lie down, or any other activity without terrible pain up and down the back of my left leg. I was tested for everything including MRI and using novocaine and other pain killers. Nothing helped. After 5 months of constant pain, my doctor suggested discontinuing Crestor. The pain was completely gone within a week. Come to find out, my Sciatic nerve passed through my Piriformis muscle instead of around it like in most people. The Crestor had caused toxicity in the Piriformis muscle which caused it to squeeze the Sciatic nerve continuously, causing continuous pain."

dreamer2222 December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For about 6 years my physician prescribed Lipitor for high cholesterol. I couldn't take it due to muscle cramps. After that I was prescribed Zocor, Pravachol and finally the orange drink, Colestipol. Always had adverse side effects so I decided to stop trying. I lost 20 pounds but before the cholesterol dropped with any real significance, I regained the weight. The physician kept saying my cholesterol was dangerously high but I did not want the side effects. I had to change insurance companies which meant a new physician. This one said the same along w/a bit of a lecture. She prescribed Crestor, 5mg per day. After 3 months & no side effects it went from 280 to 155. I couldn't believe it. I am 60 years old."

BrendaCo October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've taken most of the statins. I ALWAYS ended up with leg cramps. At 44, I had to have a Stent placed due to a 95% blockage. And that's when I started seeing my cardiologist. Upon hearing of the leg cramps, he ran a simple blood test and told me that my vitamin D was extremely low (4) and the real cause of the cramps. I now take 50k iu of vitamin D 3x weekly. I have NEVER had a cramp on Crestor, except when I forgot to take my vitamin D. As soon as I started the D back up, the cramps ceased. Even at 50k iu 3x weekly, my regulnar blood tests indicate that my vitamin D is now in the normal range (>29). And my cholesterol went from over 300 to down around 150. If u have cramps, I recommend the D check."

K9Scooby (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worst Medication EVER!! allergic reactions and cramps in leg from Losartan Mar, 2015, ended up on crutches, doc misdiagnosed fell on crutch broke rt wrist, metal plate in it now.Surgery on wrist, MRI showed complete torn ligament in rt ankle, Surgery on ankle, Dilauded 4 months, doc put me on Crestor/BP Meds, had a stroke, wheelchair bound,ran out of crestor/6 weeks, finally walking with cane, Doc put me back on Crestor. Allergic reaction to crestor after 2 months, rapid heart, dizzy, leg swelling,pains in chest,Massive leg cramps, Now left foot is barely usable, another ligament torn possibly,Then Mini Stroke, Dr stopped Crestor, Now I have Iron Deficiency ISSUES. Been off Crestor since June but all these side effects are still haunting."

Cindycan'twalk August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Currently on Crestor 20mg but I cut it in half and only take maybe twice/week and experiencing mild joint aches, upset stomach in the AM hours after taking before bedtime the night before. I also tend to forget minor things such as keys in the truck, lunch in the fridge for work but not to often. I am 44 years old and have been on med for about 3 years now. I believe I will ask doctor to prescribe a milder med if possible on my next appointment."

E. P. G August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took crestor for about two years with minor side effects. Since I turned 65, I noticed my leg muscles ( hamstrings, Knees) were hurting. I stopped taking Crestor and my legs feel better. The drug did help lower my cholesterol but my legs were killing me and I had trouble walking due the stiffness and pain. While I am not 100% certain my leg pain was due to Crestor, it certainly looks that way.It has only been 6 days since I stopped."

Anonymous July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was on Simvastin (40 mg) and within two days had severe shooting pains in knees. Starting cutting in half and pain dissipated. Told doctor I was cutting in half and reason and instead of lowering dosage, they switched me to crestor (40 mg). After about 10 doses, finger joints began to swell and pain with hip joint pain. Stopped taking. It's been 5 weeks and fingers still are painful and stiff making everyday tasks hard. Am back to cutting dosages in half. Will post if that makes a difference and my blood fat improves."

Mehki227 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My LDL is high HDL is low and triglycerides are high. Dr. Recommend me for Crestor 5 mg. initially I couldn't recognise the leg pain and numbness. I couldn't sleep for several night while on this medicine for few days. I stopped taking Crestor after reading its reviews and that stopped my leg pain. I am 35 years old and decided to go with fish oil, healthy diet and exercise."

Maddy007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At age 65 my cholesterol reading creeped past borderline to high. I was put on 5mg of Crestor. After only one month, my LDL went from 167 to 79. At first I took at bedtime but noticed some minor leg pain. I switched to taking with evening meal and pain stopped."

Sandra RM May 25, 2016

"Very good"

Scott12345 May 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Within 3 days of taking Crestor 10 mg I got terrible leg cramps, headaches , nausea and weakness. On top of that I had awful dreams that were scary. Within one week I gained 8 pounds. I felt sick. Got off of it and just did exercise and watched my diet closely. Lost 16 pounds in a month and 3 months later my cholesterol went down from 350 to 169. I feel so much better and all the bad symptoms went away. Creator is not for everyone."

Granma66 April 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 45 years old and have always felt like I was in good health. Non-smoker and have never had a weight problem. However, blood tests from the last few years have revealed that I have a problem with high cholesterol and triglycerides. Eight weeks ago, when my triglyceride number was a shocking 583 and LDL over 200, my doctor insisted that I needed some help to bring these numbers into a healthy range. Reluctantly, I agreed. I was prescribed 20mg of Crestor daily at bedtime. It scared me to death to read reviews on Crestor and statin drugs in general and I almost didn't even give it a chance but also committed to making some changes in lifestyle. For example, I started skipping most of the sweet, fatty foods and actually paying attention to serving sizes and TRYING to stick closer to recommended allowances. I have also been going on brisk, half-hour walks at least 5 days a week. Nothing tremendously difficult but something that has required consistency. After eight weeks of using Crestor and living a little differently, I am happy to report that my Triglycerides are now down to a mere 67 and my LDL level is down to 57. I’ve also lost 15lbs and I wasn’t overweight to begin with. I expected the numbers to show improvement but I was shocked to see them this good! What's more is that I have not noticed any of the negative side effects mentioned by so many. Trust me, I was looking out for those for any excuse to stop taking it. I will mention a positive side effect I was not expecting. I've been burdened with IBS (irritable Bowel Syndrome) for many years. I've just lived with it and been careful about how long I might be away from a bathroom. Interestingly enough, since I have been on Crestor, I have been much more regular and, well, solid. Maybe that is TMI but I have appreciated the change. People seem to be more motivated to write a review about anything if they are displeased. I'm taking a different approach, my experience with Crestor, so far, has been very good and I am very excited about the results."

Pikester April 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had triglycerides of 400 . Was put on crestor 5mg. After a month they were down to 280. By 5 weeks my legs and arms would wake me up at night with horrible aches. My feet got so bad I would get out of bed and have to hold on because the muscles were numb. Went back to the dr. take it 3x a week now. No side affects. With coupon online I pay 1.00 for 30 day supply. Shop around. Go back in 2 weeks will see if 3 times a week helps lower the t. at all."

not a robot March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a physician and I started Crestor 5 mg since 1 year and after 6 months my cardiologist increase the dose to 10 mg once daily Liver enzymes were ok However, I have suffered of severe pain at my upper back muscles and this pain was persistent and not relived by rest I got the feeling that with any minor exercise all my muscles start to be so painful and aching. I have red all your reviews below and I decided to lower the dose and take Crestor every other day and I will see If the pain will disappear or not and I will discuss that as well with my cardiologist."

MohamedElshaar March 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Jonboy, in response to your concern over the cost of Crestor, I have been paying $50 for a 3 month supply of this medication, with my health insurance. However, the last time that I was at the pharmacy a man on line informed me that his wife pays $3 for the 3 month supply. And, no I'm not kidding. I actually looked up the website on my phone (with a little help from the clerk). Please look at all the Crestor websites and research the coupon. Since the coupon is in the computer, I'm told I will be paying this amount for the next year. Good luck"

KAKeats February 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After having unwanted side affects with two other statins, my PCP suggested trying Crestor. This was about 6 years ago. Since then, as he states it, I could be the poster boy for Crestor. At only a 5mg/day dosage my cholesterol level has dropped from ~290 to consistently below 200 with no side affects. My only concern is there is no generic alternative and it is VERY expensive when the insurance companies declare that it's not in their formulary of preventive medications. I've been lucky that my PCP has been able to convince the ins co that I can't tolerate an alternative, so have not had to pay for the medication for the past several years (treated as preventative). That's changing now that I'm retired and have to go to new insurance"

Jonboy1151 February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I began on Crestor in 2013. I could not tolerate simvastatin or pravastatin but was told that Crestor was different. After a week on this med I developed severe pain in my legs .I stopped it but the pain did not go away. Three years later I am still in pain, can not climb stairs or get out of a chair. My muscle in my thighs and rear are wasting away.Five Neurologists have failed to help me."

Bedhead February 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Unbearable muscle pain, both wrist, both arms shoulders, right side, numbness in feet. I missed 1 dose and had no pain that's what brought me to this site to read the side effects."

G-Baby December 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Gained 8 pounds in two months, wearing a splint for my left wrist due to extreme tendon/muscle pain, can't lift anything. Also noticed that I can't lift any of the weights that I used to be able to at gym as my upper body isn't as strong as it used to be. Had blood work yesterday so I don't know if it lowered my cholesterol (300 range) but Dr. is taking me off (5mg) it for a month."

LAdder November 12, 2015