User Reviews for Crestor to treat High Cholesterol

Crestor Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 280 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol.

Reviews for Crestor

Joe May 28, 2020

“I have been on 40mg Rosuvastatin with 10mg ezetimibe since December 4 2019. This medication has its morning aftermath of not feeling yourself, and some days it lasts all day. Does anyone else have these symptoms with this medication??”

Oak345 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2020

“Never been on a statin, early 50's, fit / active, recently prescribed Crestor 20mg once a day. Within 2-3 months my muscles and joints became very sore. Think of how you feel the day after a hard workout, now I was feeling like that every day but never doing a hard workout. This was miserable. We to my doctor and she suggest to stop it for 2 weeks and see if I feel better. Day 3, I already feel 80% better. I'm sure this works for some but sadly not for me.”

Batty1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2020

“I lost my thyroid to cancer and have been experiencing extremely high cholesterol ever since, yes low thyroid hormones can increase your cholesterol levels. I started Crestor (5mg) lowest dose I could go on and I have experienced just about every bad reaction you could possibly get. At first it did not register in my head that my INCREASE in muscle pains, Ankle pains, pin point bleeding on lower legs and memory issues along with crazy breathlessness could be related to the Crestor, until I forgot to take it and ALL of my pains disappeared I still didn’t connect the dots until I took the Crestor again and again I got these crippling pains again I stopped the pill and pains disappeared .... I did this several times and each time same results. Overall this drug reduced my cholesterol levels but not significantly since my dose was so low... The crippling pain was hardly worth it!”

Pc · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2020

“Was on simvastin for two years . Had Anginia and two stents put in. It has now been 5 months on Crestor 20mg and brillinta. Went to cardio rehab for 12 weeks. During cardio rehab I noticed how sore my hips we’re getting even hours later off the tread mill. The joint aches and muscle pain is all over my body. Cardio doctor thinks it’s brillinta and Crestor interaction but all the other doctors say it’s probably Crestor. I can’t sleep at night and when I get up I’m so stiff and sore all over. So I’m going to back off the Crestor and hope I can recover”

Suspicious · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

“I am suspicious of these reviews”

MeR · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

“Start taking 10 mg yesterday. After about 2 hours, I had severe leg cramps. Yesterday, I thought it was maybe flu or something. Then, today again after a couple of hours of taking it, the cramps and weakness started. There is no way I am taking this again. I rather die of heart attack than be on wheelchair.”

On The Couch · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 4, 2020

“My P.A. insisted I take this drug because of high cholesterol, despite my having taken a different statin drug at an earlier time and have had to give it up due to muscle pain. I took Rosuvastatin for years. The P.A.'s advice was to start drinking coffee to give me more energy. That only made me hyper. A friend looked up the side effects of all my meds and told me to stop taking Rosuvastatin which I did. Low and behold, I can now get off the couch, get up on time, and feel like a whole different person. If I die from high cholesterol at least I will have been alive again before dying.”

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“My husband was given Crestor after a heart attack, within four weeks, he became seriously ill, will nausea, no appetite, pain in upper abdominal, headaches and muscle pain. Within three days of its removal he was fine with none of the above symptoms. I will be watching his meds in future.”

Maggie · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

“Today my collar bone is is hurting. Does anybody else have pain there? I have only been on Crestor for about 10 days.”

Yegane · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2019

“It is my third time that I try to use rousavastatin. It makes me great confusion and memory loss.”

Mo · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2019

“After being on Crestor it initially brought down my levels significantly within a month but after 3 months I began to feel somewhat depressed, joint aches, unmotivated, fatigue and overall muscle weakness. Grabbing a case of water at the market was beginning to make me feel like an old lady. I stopped taking the medication and within a week I started to feel better. I can tell my overall health was compromised. I would not take this again.”

S · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

“Three months on Crestor and my cholesterol had dropped by 50%. No side effects.”

True20 August 30, 2019

“DELAYED side effects. Took years to realize statins (incl crestor) give me MEMORY LOSE BIG TIME and muscle pain and mood issues. And now I'm discovering risk from high LDL is massively exaggerated. Having sufficient HDL and low triglycerides are what matter. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE LOSING MEMORY ASK THEM TO THINK BACK IF IT STARTED GETTING WORSE WITHIN A YEAR OF STARTING STATINS. Why? Because someone once did that for me. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 12, 2019

“My doctor switched me to Crestor because, he said, it is stronger, and he is a real cholesterol hound. No blood tests. Six months later I needed a new hip and failed the pre op medical with bad kidney numbers - the surgeon said come back with good kidneys. A GP suggested I stop the rosuvastatin and in 10 days, I was within limits. Everyone was amazed at the huge improvement. As I'm 82, I'll just skip the statin.”

aldru · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

“I was prescribed Crestor 10mg as my cholesterol was high even though my blood pressure was normal. I experienced mild muscle and joint pain during the first 3 months. As it affected my liver function as shown in blood test result, my GP advised me to lower the dose to 5mg. To save costs, I purchased 10mg generic brand and took it every other day. After 2 months, I noticed I had dark urine and quite severe upper arm/shoulder pain. After stopping the medication, my urine reverted to normal colour, however I am still having arm/shoulder pain after 3 months. Not sure if the pain will go away or will be permanent! I would never take Crestor or any statin again.”

Jame · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

“My cholesterol was 238 in December. I started taking 5mg of Crestor daily. By May my cholesterol had dropped to 160. No side effects whatsoever. I am totally pleased with this drug.”

Bill March 6, 2019

“Could not get up from a chair after taking Crestor generic. Then I stopped taking the drug two weeks ago and still have trouble with muscle weakness and pain. It is very painful to enter a car and to sleep at night. I failed to mention the problems with my joints in my fingers and toes stiffness and cramps.”

Anonymous October 7, 2018

“Destroyed my muscles. Started in legs and spread. Stopped taking two years ago and muscle pain and weakness has not improved. Some recent studies suggest may be permanent. Statins are poison.”

Laflacadedorado · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

“I’m using Crestor for my cholesterol but I have noticed I’m getting horrible leg pains. Is this a side effect of this medicine. Does anybody else has experience the same side effects or this is normal.”

Willy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2018

“I had a massive heart attack 14 years ago and was put on Lipitor. I could not handle the muscle cramps. I was then put on Crestor, again I could not handle the cramps. Years later, now, I have very high cholesterol levels and have been put on Crestor again but told to take it every second day 10 mg and to take ubiquinol a couple of hours before. This is coenzyme Q 10. I still got cramping in my fingers and shooting pains up my arms so have cut it down to 5 mg every second day and it seems to be tolerable. Seems I can handle a low-dose. Hopefully it’s better than nothing.”

NorthernGent · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2017

“I've been taking rosuvastatin for about two months now and had a blood test taken after five weeks on it. Overall levels went from 266 to 147, LDL 169 to 73, HDL 48 to 44, and Trigs from 250 to 150. I didn't really make much effort to change diet as I wanted to get a good idea of what the drug was doing on its own. I will make necessary diet changes and try to get the numbers down a bit more so that I can either take the medication less often or perhaps switch a lower dose. Fortunately, I'm not experiencing any adverse side effects. Seems to be a pretty effective drug if you can tolerate it.”

Giles Habibula · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 13, 2017

“I was using Crestor (brand name version) for 2 years, until my insurance changed and I started having to pick up the entire tab myself, which was $920 per 90 day supply. I then switched to Atorvastatin (Lipitor), which doesn't work quite as well, but at $30 per 90 days, is much more affordable. Crestor was a miracle for me while my insurance was covering it. My numbers went from off-the-charts high to absolutely perfect within a few months. It was truly amazing, even without a change in diet. Unlike some folks, I had zero side effects, thus my 10 rating, which is based solely on my own experience with the drug. I'm age 57. Started taking Crestor after a major heart attack and quintuple bypass surgery. I just wish I could still afford it.”

AceMcGee · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2017

“5mg, tinnitus is aggravated quite severely, joint pain in toe joints, mild depression, slight nausea and occasional insomnia - 3 weeks usage”

Can't Breath! · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2017

“Started Crestor Jan 1 2017, in mid Feb I started having severe CAN'T BREATH episodes gasping for air, dypsnea, throat swelling & closing, very hoarse, chest pain, chest burning, erratic racing pulse -- and months of feeling horrible. After countless trips to the doctor, CT scans of sinuses, throat and lungs, multiple rounds of antibiotics & steroids for assumed lingering bronchitis, the same doc that put me on Crestor had no idea how to help me and sent me to an ENT-- who could see me 3 weeks later! Meanwhile, symptoms worsening. I felt like a 90 year old. A friend who had had an allergic reaction to a drug recognized symptoms of anaphylactyic allergic reaction. Off crestor 2.5 wks; getting better but google says 1-2 months to get out of system”

Observer1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 16, 2017

“CRESTOR 20mg - STARTED TAKING ON Jan 14, 2015; TWO YEARS AGO. approx Dec 2016 started to have noticeable pain in legs - meanwhile playing tennis 3 times a week - On Feb 21, 2017 Cardiologist would not eliminate Crestor or substitute but said go to 1/2 dosage which I did. It's effective. Will review in 4 months with Cardiologist MUSCLE ACHES SHOULD BE A WARNING TO ATHLETES WITH THIS STATIN - MAYBE OTHER STATINS TOO. 11/01/2016 -- recognized leg pain - both lower legs as problem 12/19/16 - saw Sports Med Dr at Penn - - Naproxen scripted 02/21//17 - talked w/Cardiologist about continuing both lower leg pain►- now reduce to 10mg - PAIN REDUCED QUICKLY AFTER LOWER DOSAGE and remains minimal NOW”