Generic name: EVOLOCUMAB 140mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended subcutaneous dosage of REPATHA in patients with HeFH or patients with primary hyperlipidemia with established clinical atherosclerotic CVD is either 140 mg every 2 weeks OR 420 mg once monthly. When switching dosage regimens, administer the first dose of the new regimen on the next scheduled date of the prior regimen.
The recommended subcutaneous dosage of REPATHA in patients with HoFH is 420 mg once monthly. In patients with HoFH, measure LDL-C levels 4 to 8 weeks after starting REPATHA, since response to therapy will depend on the degree of LDL-receptor function.
If an every 2 week or once monthly dose is missed, instruct the patient to:
- Administer REPATHA as soon as possible if there are more than 7 days until the next scheduled dose, or,
- Omit the missed dose and administer the next dose according to the original schedule.
Important Administration Instructions
• The 420 mg dose of REPATHA can be administered:
○ over 9 minutes by using the single-use on-body infusor with prefilled cartridge, or
○ by giving 3 injections consecutively within 30 minutes using the single-use prefilled autoinjector or single-use prefilled syringe.
• Provide proper training to patients and/or caregivers on how to prepare and administer REPATHA prior to use, according to the Instructions for Use, including aseptic technique. Instruct patients and/or caregivers to read and follow the Instructions for Use each time they use REPATHA.
• Keep REPATHA in the refrigerator. Prior to use, allow REPATHA to warm to room temperature for at least 30 minutes for the single-use prefilled autoinjector or single-use prefilled syringe and for at least 45 minutes for the single-use on-body infusor with prefilled cartridge. Do not warm in any other way. Alternatively, for patients and caregivers, REPATHA can be kept at room temperature at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) in the original carton. However, under these conditions, REPATHA must be used within 30 days [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16)].
• Visually inspect REPATHA for particles and discoloration prior to administration. REPATHA is a clear to opalescent, colorless to pale yellow solution. Do not use if the solution is cloudy or discolored or contains particles.
• Administer REPATHA subcutaneously into areas of the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm that are not tender, bruised, red, or indurated using a single-use prefilled syringe, single-use prefilled autoinjector, or single-use on-body infusor with prefilled cartridge.
• Do not co-administer REPATHA with other injectable drugs at the same administration site.
• Rotate the site of each subcutaneous administration.
More about Repatha (evolocumab)
- Other brands: Repatha Pushtronex