User Reviews for Repatha to treat Cardiovascular Risk Reduction

Repatha has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 47 ratings for the treatment of Cardiovascular Risk Reduction. 26% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 66% reported a negative effect.

Repatha Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Cardiovascular Risk Reduction.

Reviews for Repatha

Twey · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2021

“After an event of cardiomyopathy, I took pill form of statins. Each one I tried gave me terrible leg pain. Cardiologist’s PA then prescribed Repatha. I took one dose of 140 mg on a Sunday, and by Tuesday I had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance due to being completely immobile with back pain. It is now Friday; I’ve had a dye contrast MRI and there is nothing found to be wrong with my back. I went from being perfectly mobile to being disabled, possibly permanently. I am now on three blood pressure medications where I was previously on one, and heavy narcotics to control pain. Even with all of this, the pain is still not entirely controlled, and I can’t move without the help of two nurses to use the bathroom or walk. After some heavy research, my daughter discovered that Repatha can permanently damage the musculature within the body. I BEG of anyone prescribed Repatha to never use it. It’s criminal that it was ever approved by the FDA. Please, Stay away from this medication!”

Tug · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

“I’m a 70 yr old female with history of high cholesterol . I’ve tried several different statins /dosage thru the years. I cannot tolerate . Severe flu like symptoms. I finally decided to try Repatha. I had my first injection 7/20. Within a day or so started having severe stomach issues, lower back pain , breathing and sinus issues. Fatigue was terrible. These are also symptoms of Covid 19. I was tested and was negative . It was determined to be the Repatha. I will not do a second injection. I guess I’ll take my chances with stroke or heart attack. Trying to lower with diet/exercise. I never want to go thru that again! Still not out of my system !”

Victor · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2020

“Repatha was prescribed to me by my cardiologist because I have statin intolerance (muscle pain). I started taking Repatha in November 2019. after 2 months my LDL went down significantly. My cardiologist and I were very please with the results but in January 2020 I started experiencing pain in my shoulders and upper arms. The source of pain cannot be determined after a lot of investigation. The pain as we speak is getting worse and wakes me up at night. I take pain relievers and muscle relaxant to get a temporary relief. I am planning to take coQ10 for a few weeks and see if there is any improvement. I have no choice but to continue with this medication since I had triple bypass surgery 2 years ago. I will keep the group posted if I notice any pain relief after taking coQ10.”

Jack April 29, 2020

“After 4th injection developed weakness in arm and leg, rushed to ER. While they were doing CT and MRI for stroke the weakness spread to all other large muscles. Then in about a week fatigue came. Also diarrhoea, muscle twitching, nausea, lightheadedness, pounding pulse, runny nose and general feeling of a very, very bad hangover. It's been two months and the symptoms wax and wane. A week of improvement alternate with symptom recurrence. All possible tests for electrolytes, antibodies, known systemic conditions, endocrine etc. are normal. I was stunned when started reading on forums that people experienced exactly the same presentation of the side effects. Progressive, after several unremarkable injections, waxing and waning side effects that linger for months after discontinuation. They are totally disabling and scary at their peak. It does lower LDL a lot, but with those side effects I am not sure it can prolong life. It is damaging something in the cells on the way.”

Sailandcrash · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

“I took Repatha for three months and then stopped it. I had leg pain for two months and could barely walk. Shoulder pain for 6 weeks, could not roll over in bed. Then it got in my hands. Terrible pain both hands, only opioids would let me sleep 4 hours. Had to dr. shop to get more. Could not open bottles. Could not use hand grip exerciser. Not at all. After one year I have my hands back, long time! Had to have carpel tunnel surgery on on had during that time. Hands still weak. Bad stuff.”

MI at 37 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2020

“Elevated LDL and I could not tolerate statins. Went years without any medication until my cardiologist recommended to try Repatha saying it has hardly any known side effects. After taking 5 shots I have to disagree and probably stop taking this miracle drug. It certainly works as after 2 months my LDL went down 50%. But after about 1.5 months in I started to have side effects: excessive sweating (head), chills, weak legs, pain and aching in feet, ankles, knees and groin. Dry and itchy sinuses. Change in vision. Mild back pain and overall fatigue, I stopped taking it for a month and about 3 weeks after the side effects were gone. After 4 weeks tried to take another shot and in 4-5 days all the goodies were back. Works great if you can tolerate it.”

Brad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2020

“I have been on Repatha since January. My average glucose was 116-120 before that. In March, my glucose was 200. In June it was 400. I am wondering if Repatha causes increase blood glucose levels. I am now on daily insulin and cannot keep it below 150. The swings are over 150. I have an appointment with cardiologist to switch back to a statin. By the way, My LDL did drop to 3. That is not a misprint. I just hope I can resume normal glucose levels again.”

Falhud March 22, 2020

“I had a heart attack at 47. My cholesterol was 193 but LDL was a little high. Have a family history so I visited cardiologist at 45 and was told everything was great had“the heart of a 30 year old”. After getting two stents and getting blood work done it’s determined I produce smaller particles and absorb more cholesterol. They put me on statins, there were crippling to me. Joints swollen and ached. I’m very active, in the gym 3-5 days a week and exercise daily. Been on repatha for 3 years, LDL is under 40 every checkup. I don’t notice side effects as I did from the statins. I read these reviews and was shocked by all the problems... sounds like my statin experience.”

Happy as · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 11, 2020

“I had a stent July 2019 in the left anterior descending artery (LAD) 90% blockage. Put on statins and my whole body reacted. Pain, peripheral neuropathy and list really goes on. Just cannot take the Statins. Put on Repatha, and a miracle happened. My life was given back to me. LDL dropped to 1.1, body pain relieved, peripheral neuropathy disappeared in months, no longer tripping and falling. I feel myself again. Can not recommend the treatment more. I take one 140mg injection once a month.”

Nina · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2020

“Got one dose of Repatha, self administered under staff supervision, one week ago. About a day and a half got such dizziness it was difficult to walk. I took my blood pressure which was lower than my usual normal BP. The next day started the belly cramps and runs. Felt absolutely miserable. Still get dizzy spells/ cramps all day a week later. Afraid to ever take a second dose. I am a retired medical professional. I am 78.”

James · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2019

“please beware of this medication. I started Repatha, then I had pain in all joints, atrial fib, I was at a point where I felt I was going die. I had used about 4 injections . I cannot remember anytime in my life so bad. Took about four months to return to normal. Stupidly I then tried 50% reduction of dose with same family of drug. After one injection I began to have difficulty swallowing and then the flu and arthralgia started . I began to suffer atrial fib on and off again. I had been stable for years before Repatha. I didn't take a second injection, I am now about 4 months down the line and just about recovering back to normal. IN MY CASE simply this medication had HORRIFIC side effects. Repatha must be aware of these reactions in some patients. Only a matter of time before something terrible happens to someone, although they will have all the nomenclature to head that of at the pass Be careful and safe Good luck James I”

Chick · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

“Never ever taking this or any other antibody injection again. I have experienced it all. Got cold and flu symptoms. Lost my voice for 2 weeks. Stomach upset. Anxiety and depression. Sore muscles and joints. This drug is not for everyone. I couldn’t take statins so my dr insisted on this. Now he tells me these side effects are all in my head! Please do your homework. This is an awful awful drug. After one injection of 140 mg I stopped but 3 weeks later I’m still not myself.”

Stev March 25, 2020

“I was on 80mg Lipitor (statin). Come down with peripheral neuropathy and other issues while on Lipitor. Taken off the Lipitor and tried Repatha 140 once each 4 weeks. Repatha has been a life saver. Next to no side effects, peripheral neuropathy has nearly disappeared after 3 months. Feeling great and feel like my life has been given back to me. For me this drug is a miracle. Could not be happier. You need to shop around for best price. LDL has dropped to 1.1 in first month.”

DON'T TAKE IT October 27, 2021

“I only had a score of 36 on my calcium heart scan....really low, I was happy about it...but, the cardiologists office called me like I was going to have a heart attack immediately. Kept pushing me to take this Repatha. I was really hesitant to try it as I had tried a statin drug years ago and that was really hard on my body me - I literally collapsed on that drug. It was as if my muscles had melted off of my leg bones. Well three months into Repatha, I'm having severe hip pain, and I'm stopping Repatha immediately. I hope to God it goes away as it is an awful, nagging pain without causation. I also experienced a frightening episode of shortness of breath for absolutely no reason. I almost went to the ER because I just couldn't breathe. It passed in a few minutes, but what is this drug? Anyway, I would NOT recommend this...NO WAY. It just isn't worth it in my opinion.”

Linda Lou · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 8, 2019

“I had another stent in March of this year. Was put on Vescepa and Repatha. I have experienced back pain and hip pain. Thought was the Vescepa and called heart doctor. Didn't think about Repatha. Was told to reduce dosage, but I quit completely. I still have same pain, but legs getting worse hurts to walk. Pain in hip bones and back still there too. Decided to read reviews on Repatha and I am having identical pain as other reviewers. I am not using it either and see if all this pain goes away. I had bronchitis and some type of flu also now am wondering if this med was what caused that. Why would a heart doctor prescribe two drugs to lower cholesterol? Mine is high from genetics. My doctor said if I didn't get cholesterol down would be back with needing another stent, heart attack, or stroke. What helps one thing causes something else thats serious. How long did it take after some of you quit taking for side effects to go away? Hope these drugs don't do permanent damage.”

Taurinense · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2019

“Not tolerating statins and having to maintain LDL between 70/100 my cardiologist offered me the Repatha of 140 every 15 days. After the first dose I started having jaw pain, neck, headache and pain in my hands, legs and feet. Another heavy side effect is insomnia. After 15 days from the first dose, LDL has decreased from 120 to 60, a very potent drug but even with a single dose a month the side effects are terrible, unfortunately I gave up the Repatha.”

eaglewynd · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2018

“Started Repatha just about this time last year. Couple of days after 1st injection developed diarrhea, always tired, runny nose and fit of sneezing. Numb spot on my left thigh from injection. Felt like I had the flu all the time. Skin problems and a few other things. My cardiologist said I would adjust to repatha, I never did adjust. I quit repatha in April of 2018 its now 11/2018. I still have the side effects I listed above. I have to wonder if side effects are permanent. The Mfg hasn't return any of my doctors phone calls. Anyone thought about legal action?”

AMS · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2019

“One injection and I am not going to take it again. First chills then horrible muscle pain in upper chest and neck. Gained 6 lbs in two weeks. Put me on edge. Still suffering. Woke up in middle of night with more pains. Only a pain killer helped. I do not believe in the LDL theory anyway. ”

Victimx October 8, 2018

“I can't take statin. My doctor prescribed Repatha to me and confirmed to me that it has no side effects. I took 3 injections. I started feeling muscle pain and back pain . I felt very weak and fatigue. I check with my doctor and pharmacist. They said that Repatha is causing these problems. I wish I never took Repatha. I wish someone can tell me how long I have to wait to feel better and get back to normal conditions. It has been 2 weeks since I took my 3 injection. I recommend that you don't take this drug. It's dangerous. I don't what to do now.”

Rcristal · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

“I took three doses of Repatha on a two week regimen as instructed. Within several weeks I began having severe right side gastrointestinal issues. My Liver enzymes shot up quickly. The Doctor indicated that this was not from Repatha. However, after 69 years I do not believe in coincidence. I stopped the drug and, to date, the enzymes are SLOWLY declining. However, I have severe pain. 14 blood tests, a MRI, two ultra sounds and a CT Scan in a five week period show a few cysts but nothing major. The pain is so rough that I will have an Endoscopy next week. While I am thrilled that the tests have looked good I remain quite concerned because of the constant pain. There is no way to determine if Repatha is the culprit. However, I will state again that this all started within days of starting this drug. Rcristal”

Nogueira October 12, 2021

“I’ve been taking Repatha on the advice of my doctor. Tried a few different statins , Lipitor , Crestor , and been having a difficult time with them . Maybe that’s what leads us to a drug that can be so harmful? Not to mention my cardiac history , I guess I have to feel that I would definitely give it my best try . I don’t know yet if it has worked wonders for my cholesterol because my blood work is not in yet , but I can only guess most likely it has lowered mine like the rest of yours. After 4 injections I’m noticing quite a few side effects . Finger & toe pain. Arm and shoulder pain with neck pain running up the back to my head. I have plates in the back of my neck which are being aggravated . Dizziness a feeling of extreme forgetfulness . Describing it to my husband ( fogginess) . Lack of urination , dangerous for a heart patient & constipation . Extreme night sweats ! Weight gain .”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2019

“I have been taken Repatha 3 and 1/2 months. at first I was fine my cholesterol went down and by the third month I was getting blurred vision headaches severe fatigue burning in the feet muscle pain in my back of neck it's gotten to the point where I can't even work I'm so, so tired, short of breath, wheezing, urinating a lot although my cholesterol went down it's not worth taking Repatha if there's no quality of life for me”

igor · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 17, 2020

“I am 73. Had 1st heart attack and bypass surgery age 47 and the second bypass at 69. I felt well after the first bypass but not so after the second: heart pain, feeling of being unwell, sick, couldn't walk up a slope. LDL was about 140 with use of Pravastatin. My wonderful cardiologist decided to try Repatha. Now after 3 years I feel way better, don't have heart pain and can work up the hill, exercise 5 times a week. My LDL went to below 10 but HDL increased from 32 to 44. Repatha is a life saver for me. No detectable side effects”

Frustrated · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2018

“49 yr old male that had stemi (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction ) heart attack. Two stents placed in LAD and RCA arteries. Hypothyroid, diabetes, high cholesterol, HTN. Treated 2 yrs ago with statin drugs and a had a serious reaction. Started with paranoia and mood disorder. Stopped the statin drug for 3 weeks and was placed on another statin drug and suffered from full blown psychosis. As to this day he still has to take antipyschotic meds. So my concern was starting Repatha and going through these same symptoms. The nurse assured me he should not have that type of reaction. Well after the first dose of Repatha I thought everything was good. Some paranoia returning but subsided as the drug began to wear. 2nd dose after two weeks paranoia has returned. Will consult family practitioner and cardiologist before next dose. If this drug has same rare side effects as statin and not reversal I will seek an attorney.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2019

“I have to admit it definitely lowered my cholesterol. But the side effects were unbearable for me. I suffered from unbelievable back pain. I do have a bad back. But doesn’t cause me much issues. But after my third injection the back pain was unbelievable. So I didn’t do another injection and took about a month to get out of my system. Back pain was completely gone. So I decided to give it another shot. I did another injection within about four days back pain came on with a vengeance. I have read many other people complain about this. It seems to affect people with bad backs”