User Reviews for Ezetimibe

High Cholesterol 4.1
Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 4.3 98 reviews

Reviews for Ezetimibe

Georgiegirl · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “I am a 68 yr old female. 4 days ago I started this drug ezetimibe with Rosuvastatin, because of diabetes 2 and heart problem. I immediately experienced severe stomach pain, bloating, gas, nausea, diarrhea, light headed, painful urination and muscle cramping. As of today I will cease the use of this drug, pain in lower abdomen is horrendous. I just looked up the side effects of this drug and all of the above are listed!”

Regretful · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “Don’t take this medication. I started taking it 2 weeks ago and have lost function in my left shoulder. I wish I had caught on sooner but now even though I haven’t taken the drug for a few days, I’m still wearing a sling and can barely use my left arm. I’m not sure if the damage is permanent.”

GC August 11, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “I have been taking Ezetimibe, generic for Zetia, for one year with no side effects. With drug RX card I pay $25.00 every 90 days. My collesteral is down to 200 from 238, I still have to little good cholesterol but its better than the pain I get with Statins.”

RJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 4, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “I've been trying to figure out why I'm in so much pain day and night . My shoulders and elbows hurt so bad I'm lucky to get 2 hrs of sleep a night”

Mare August 1, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “Been taking ezetimibe 10mg about 3 weeks. I do get occasional diarrhea but my biggest problem is the bloating my stomach looks like I'm pregnant and I hate that feeling. I don't have any other symptoms.”

Sharim May 30, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “Started on ezetimibe and developed hives, skin blisters, and severe rash where my skin started peeling off.. never gonna take it again!! Calling my doctor”

Silky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 22, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “I’ve been taking Ezetimibe 10mg every day for 8 months and have good results. My doctor tried a statin before that made me sick, I was dizzy and couldn’t think clearly - raising my blood sugar over 300 for a week. I’m type 1 diabetic 20 years and had to take this option and am grateful no longer having complications. My HDL and LDL are above average now. I’m also on a low carb mostly vegetarian diet.”

Acorn · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “I’m an insulin-dependent, Type 2 diabetic in his 70s with cholesterol and LDL issues. My cardiologist started me on ezetimibe 1 month ago on 1 tab three times a week (that should have been the first red flag). He also scheduled a review in 1 month (usually 6 mths - the second red flag). Since starting this mongrel of a medication, I have been wracked with leg pain, diarrhea, flatulence, fatigue, belching and occasional noisy heartbeat. After reading the reviews on this site, I have decided to stop the Ezetimibe immediately. I hope I’ve dodged a bullet. I also feel like I’ve been used as an experimental lab rat but it will never happen again.”

Mudfarmer · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For High Cholesterol: “Statins gave me severe muscle pains, nightmares, etc so Dr prescribed Ezetimibe. First 10 days great then I began to develop a small pain in lower back, kidney area and went away about 1 hr. On the 6th week the pain was 24 hoiurs a day and so extreme I couldn't sleep more than 2 hrs at a time. I stopped taking it and within 30 or so hrs the pain ceased in my left lower back, kidney area and now finally 6 days later no pain. Day after I stopped taking it,I had a blood test which showed basically no benefit what so ever in taking this. Let me add that I have had my thyroid completely remove and taking synthroid.”

Doublegroove · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 26, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Each and every statin made me feel deathly ill. Stopped taking anything for my high cholesterol. My doctor asked me to try ezetimibe. I've had no problem for a couple of years now. Glad I found this alternative.”

Phil · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Was on lovastatin for years. Cholesterol remained steady with no problems. He decided he wanted it lower so put me on Ezetimibe and took me off Lovastatin. My cholesterol went up so he asked me to take both.....big mistake. Muscle pain so severe after 2 weeks I had to stop. Why are drug companies inventing things that do not work???”

Milagros · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 6, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “My Doc believed my LDL and total cholesterol were too high. I was on Simvastatin 40mg. He added a script for 10mg Ezetimibe. 3 months later on Simvastatin 40 and Ezetimibe 10 my total Cholesterol improved 216 > 116. LDL improved 137 > 46. I was on Paleo diet (no fruit) before and after Ezetimibe. Now all cholesterol measures are well within normal range.”

Big Mark · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: “I was put on Lipitor for lipid reduction. Did the job, but lower legs and quads and hams started to cramp severely during spinning classes at local Y. Complained to my doctor, immediately put me on Crestor. Did the job and no cramps. Been on them for 8 years. Now cardiologist wants my LDL below 70 forever. So he puts me on generic Zetia. After 30 days, my Total Cholesterol dropped 20% to 143. Triglyceride from 97 to 78, LDL dropped from 100 to 62, Triglycerides from 97 to 78 and HDL from 56 to 65. Never had my LDL below 70 and they have proof if can keep the LDL under 70 for 4 or 5 years you can reduce artery and leg plague by 24 %. No stents or surgeries needed. Just take your meds.”

Mick November 27, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Ezetimibe is a very toxic poison and should not be avaiable , the benefits are minimal and the risk of a creating a serious condition are high ! People need to read reviews on these bad drugs . After 5 days I was made so violently ill because of this garbage drug .”

Bex November 26, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “My pharmacist recommended that I take 10mg ezetimibe as I had severe reaction to statins. I was reluctant but the first day...after couple hours on taking this substance I began to feel sad; I experienced sore eyes (and squinted with watery eyes); I was head-achy with shoulder pain; and I was bloated the entire day. I began to loose concentration after three to four hours; and unable to focus while reading. The tips of my fingers were numb and I was unable to use my keyboard!!! However, with fear and trepidation I’ve took this medication a couple days later (just checking) but I experienced similar symptoms and in addition extreme sadness with unpleasant thoughts!!! That’s it...no more experimental cholesterol drugs for me! I’d rather have a short life with my high cholesterol rather than tolerate this abominable torture and poison in my system...!!!”

Mikey November 17, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “This drug ezetimibe on the 7th day made me so violently ill , my body seemed to want to get it out of me Any drug that has this impact , even in a body that tolerates it, it must be doing damage , why my new cardiologist prescribed this for me is why I have huge reservation about allopathic drugs . 5 days after I stopped taking ezetimibe , my liver is still swollen , distended and I have very diminished vital energy . Fortunately my toilet and sink are close together as I needed both simultaneously. This is a bad drug , I still feel sick from it . My cholesterol was within acceptable range , I have a heart condition”

Shaggy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 14, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “I've been using ezetimibe for a bit over 6 months. It didn't seem to have any side effects except my urine looked like it does when I'm dehydrated, but not dark enough to concern me (dark urine = liver damage). However, a blood test showed it's been damaging my liver. Doctor had me stop and the morning a day after stopping I found my shoes are loose. Which means my feet had been swollen, an issue I noticed once in a while when my shoes would be tight but attributed to just being fat. I also seem to be able to concentrate better. I can tell you I'm confident that stopping the drug relieved these side effects I didn't even know I had. Not worth the slight reduction of bad cholesterol imo.”

Freedancer · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: “I cannot take statins as they tank my depression. I am a disabled veteran and have had my depression under control for several years now. My general practitioner at the VA put me on Zeita for cholesterol. I took it for approximately 4 days. My depression got so bad that I stopped it today and notified my psychiatrist and my general practitioner that I was stopping it as of today. I spent the last two days crying because I felt so bad. I also was extremely tired and my joints and muscles were hurting. This is just how the statins affected me. If you suffer from depression, run away from this drug as fast as you can!! It works very quickly and can catch you completely off guard!”

Mark · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: “My experience was horrible two weeks in burping tons of gas turned into vomiting diarrhea stomach problems all the time now I cannot drink milk without having episodes of gas just not comfortable in my own body anymore unbelievable I was fine before I took this medication never had any problems with my stomach or my intestines been off it for 2 weeks still having problems with my intestines and my stomach not too happy about it horrible drug”

debs · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “My dr warned me that I may get stomach problems on ezetimibe , but I wasn't expecting the runs for hours on end and stomach pain. I've stopped it as I'm not sleeping and I'm constantly burping and it tastes awful, I messed up my bed and clothing.”

Hwheels4 · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Hi all my experience with Ezetimibe 10mg was only on it for 3 weeks. It started out ok but then I started to feel like it was starting to strangle me 2 weeks into using the medicine. On week 3 saw the doctor to inform him and 2 days later had a mini stroke, now have been informed that I have a bit high of enzyme in the heart, yet 3 weeks earlier my heart was good. Please people be very aware of the damage statin drugs or other cholesterol medication can do to you...”

Patti · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Doctor put me on this to lower cholesterol, I'm a person with 3 heart stents second day I took it got all kinds of side effects, trouble breathing stomach pain and terrible swelling headache cramping of muscles. Don't understand why he would do that as it says doesn't mix well with blood thinners, stay away from this drug if possible, very dangerous ”

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “Took one dose of this medication ezetimibe and thought I was going to spontaneously combust felt like my body was on fire. I will not be taking it again.”

SRMAZ · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “After four weeks of Ezetimibe, I have decided to stop. The first week I experienced severe headache, and nausea. Second week, stomach pain, and fullness. Third week, severe tingling in my hands and feet, extreme tiredness, and muscle cramps/charlie horses in my legs and feet, and heart pounding. Fourth week, knees have edema and so sore I can't attend my exercise class anymore. On top of that, I am experiencing hair loss! I am also having awful heartburn. I stopped drug on my own, and notified my physician.”

TLC · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

For High Cholesterol: “My husband began ezetimibe less than two weeks ago because of his intolerance of statins. Like many of the other patients on this thread he has experienced severe joint pain in hips and elbows, severe back pain, muscle pain in arms and legs, insomnia, depression, chills, cough, and general flu-like malaise. He is exhausted from lack of sleep. The discomfort is so great that sleep is impossible. He has always been a stoic individual when not not feeling well but not so now! A light bulb went off when he thought it might be this medicine. Sure enough, this tiny white pill is the culprit. It has been three days since the last dose and his symptoms are still raging on.”