User Reviews for Ezetimibe

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous

High Cholesterol

Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 5.4 63 reviews

Reviews for Ezetimibe

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Ezitimibe has replaced previous statins. Over 17 years I had tried most common brands of statin following 95% blocked LAD (left anterior descending artery) . Similar side effects to others , back pain , leg ache , not sleeping well , Cholesterol reduced to half previous level . Ezitimibe however I have no problem at all tolerating . My brother who has similar condition is exactly the opposite!"

staflo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2019

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "If I could rate this less than zero, I would!! I cannot tolerate statins so my doctor started me on Zetia. I started having severe side effects after just a few weeks. I didn't realize it was this medication at first and ended up in the ER after five weeks of being on it. I had severe distention in my abdomen, severe cramping, burning in my gut, pain, bleeding. I also had what felt like a bladder infection because I had pinching of my bladder and bleeding in my urine (although a urine test did not indicate I had an infection). I had so much distention in my abdomen that I could barely eat or drink anything. I also had tightness in other areas of my body including my chest, groin, and of course, abdomen. I stopped this the day I went to the ER. I have been off this medication for several weeks now but continue to have issues. I have severe indigestion after I eat now and it seems to have flared up many other health related issues, as well as generally not feeling well."

Susan February 20, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "Poison, never felt so I'll in my life after 5 days. Pressure headache, neck pain, sinus problems body pains, constant peeing and tiredness."

Kaiser (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For High Cholesterol: "I wasn’t sure if I could stay on Zetia at first because my blood pressure was lower than usual (78/56) and I had shortness of breath with extreme fatigue. I secretly took only half a pill and half of my blood pressure medication for a while (not recommended) Almost a month later, everything levelled out and I’m now taking a full dose of both meds with none of the problems listed. I had a lipid panel at the 4 month mark and my values were all normal and my LDL dropped 28 points. Best of all, recent lab work shows my liver enzymes as normal and this was the first medication that didn’t elevate them into the triple digits. I have a bit of back pain along the spine but nothing major. I’m not sure if it’s the Zetia or just me. Unless it gets unbearable, I’m gonna stay the course. $30 for the generic 90 day supply with insurance. Very pleased so far."

Michele (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "My doctor recommended I try ezetimibe and said I might experience some joint/muscle pain. Within 10 days, I had severe lower back pain and needed physio and a chiropractor for 3 weeks of therapy. I stopped this medication and returned to my doctor who assured me that this medication does not cause localized pain in one specific area. So I agreed to restart ezetimibe and within another two weeks had severe knee swelling and pain and again my doctor does not believe ezetimibe is the cause. However from reading some of the above comments, it sounds as though others have experienced similar localized pain. I now have to get an X-ray of my knee and more medical treatment. I’m not 100% sure ezetimibe is the cause but I’m not convinced it isn’t either."

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I am a Diabetic, so of course the doctors automatically say I have to be on cholesterol medication. My LDL is only 116, so just over the within range for the lab tests. Tried statins in the past and the cramps were unbearable. Well after 4 days on this drug and I feel like I have not slept in weeks. I have lost 5 pounds in the short time, the severe diarrhea is keeping me up at night, and I have developed a rash on my chest. Also my joints and muscles are really sore, and my chest feels very tight. Like I could not do anything that would elevate my heart rate. Also feel dizzy and lightheaded, but that could be because I have not slept much due to running to the bathroom multiple times at night. I will be stopping medication as of now! I do not have a gallbladder, and they state in there consumer guide that it is safe for patients who do not have gallbladder. If you do not have your gallbladder, really think hard before trying this."

Rubbaman (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Started in Zetia 10mg about 5 years ago then switched to Ezetimibe about 3 years ago. Has been very effective in controlling cholesterol and have never had any noticable side effects."

Wally (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I have been on this number of years - maybe 7. I think the Ezetimibe was effective on reducing the cholesterol as designed however, I have had bouts of diarrhea for years like my stomach explodes and out it comes. The doctors have not come up with a cause and/or a solution. Lately I have reason to believe it is caused by the Ezetimibe that I take. It seems to come on me about 2 or 3 hours after I take it. Anybody else have this problem?"

Riodosa (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I don’t know if Zetia is helping my high cholesterol since I have only been taking it three weeks and haven’t had the followup lab work yet but I am getting ready to discontinue it on my own. My main complaint is extreme fatigue to the point where I feel like I need to lay down after quick outings. My blood pressure has dropped and I have started taking a half dose of my blood pressure medication and a half pill of the Zetia. Still, I’m tired and find myself short of breath after moving around or even while talking sometimes. I just generally feel bad and weak but I can’t tolerate statins. I was hoping this would work but it doesn’t look like it."

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "35-year-old Caucasian male. I take Ezetimibe along with Lodalis and Repatha for high cholesterol. I have severe hip pain but I don't know which drug causes it. Otherwise I have no side effects from these three meds and they have dramatically lowered my cholesterol. Recommended if you can afford these drugs."

Peter (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Starting taking ezetimibe 10mg on 7/1/18. Diarrhea and pain in left side of back by 7/4/18. Taking this along with Simvistatin. Can't continue on the ezetimibe with the back pain especially so will stop until my Dr. & I can figure out another alternative as the Simvistatin 20mg alone not doing it."

TM (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have tried statins to bring my cholesterol down but the side affects were unbearable! Have been on zetia a week and the side affects are insane. My muscles and joints hurt so bad I want to scream. My skin even burns! Give me high cholesterol over these medications and their side affects any day. I only hope they will go away!"

None (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "After taking this drug for a week l experienced severe joint and muscle pain, stomach pain and headaches. Disappointing as l am unable to take statins for the same reason. Will just have to contend with high cholesterol."

Cranky (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Couldn't take statins due to multiple side effects. Took zetia for 6 weeks before realizing it was causing severe nausea on a daily basis, constipation, extreme tiredness, excruciating hip pain, hot flashes with profuse sweating as well as gastritis. I've been off zetia for two weeks and I'm still having the awful sweating flashes, constipation, hip pain and tired to the point I fall asleep for about 30 minutes when I get home from work every day. The nausea is finally gone and gastritis has improved. I hope all this goes away soon!! I'm miserable! I will not take meds for cholesterol again I'm going to go back to Krill oil and flaxseed oil."

one.day.at.a.time (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I was taking the name brand Zetia for many years after trying 5 different statins that caused leg cramps that had me jumping out of bed at night and no way to stop the horrendous pain. No, pickle juice and hot showers didn't work. Things were going well with the Zetia until my insurance company refused to cover the drug this year and said I had to take the generic ezetimibe. What a disaster! It was like doing a colonoscopy prep every day. I couldn't leave the house because I was constantly running to the bathroom with severe diarrhea that lasted about 8-10 hours until the drug wore off. It made it impossible to even go to work. I couldn't eat anything without it running right through me (that's how it controlled the cholesterol--nothing stayed with you). Frankly, I'd rather take NOTHING than go through that again."

Flygirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Was on Zetia 10mg daily for four years. Underwent numerous scans, testing, Ultrasounds & vascular studies to determine why I was having severe leg cramping every single day ( worse at night ) I discontinued Zetia by myself and legs had 100% return to normal. Unable to take statins due to joint pains but was assured this med was not the same."

Sitinin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Just started treatment"

Brandy Lane (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Took Zetia at 10:30 at nite with my pravastatin 30mg. By 2:00 AM I woke with Horrible leg and Arm muscle pain. Never had issues on the low dose pravastatin but now 2 days later my legs still burn. I can not stand it and HOPE it goes away. Never again I had the same problems with lipitor only this is not going away yet. Not worth it."

Will not let me post (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "Reduced LDL by about 25%, good. But made me feel terrible, disrupted my already tenuous sleep. I tried it 3 times, same result each time. Too bad, as it works to reduce LDL. Need to try something else."

RJPKelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "Multiple statins over years caused severe muscle aches in lower body, fatigue, stomach pain and scary loss of memory and focus. Took months but dramatic improvement after stoppage. Have talked to many people with identical experiences. Been on ezitimibe two months. Experiencing pain and swelling in left hand, wrist and forearm, body fatigue, sudden short bouts of liquid diarrhea, waking up during night sleep absolutely drenched and awash in perspiration, loss of muscular strength and increasing loss of mental focus. Talked today to a friend having comparable symptoms. Stopping this drug immediately."

GaryBB August 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have beeen on medicine for Familial Heterozygous High cholesterol for 15 years, Rosuvastatin half the max dose 20mg cut total cholesterol from 9.9 uk measuring system to 5.2, with no noticeable side effects. Ezetimibe reduced this by 0.6 to 4.6 monitored quarterly, side effects first diarrhoea got worse and next resembled irritable bowel symptoms and then became like having severe gastroenteritis once a fortnight with in the last 3 days worsening nausea and delayed stomach emptying for up to 24 hours followed by 2 days of extremely frequent and exhausting vomiting and diarrhoea until only clear fluid was expelled followed by 3 days recovery starting a new cycle. I endured this for 18 months with various -ve tests. Stopping ezetimibe cured these side effects completely."

JGB-UK June 18, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I am 66 and have been taking Zetia 10 for nearly 5 years now. I had previously taken Zocor, Mevacor, and Crestor consecutively over a period of about 15 years, each giving me severe muscle pain in my feet and legs. At one point, the pain in my arches was so bad that one doctor diagnosed the problem as plantar fasciitis and recommended surgery. That's when I stopped taking any statins and within a couple of months, the pain was completely gone. When I started taking Zetia, I saw no adverse side effects and my bad cholesterol went down a little. About a year ago, I started having pain and weakness in my legs when standing up or climbing stairs. Now, I'm have pain in my left calf and heel and occasionally in my left arm, shoulder and back."

Pete_C June 11, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "My efforts to take something other than Statin is Zeita! My liver enzymes spike with Statins along with fatigue, muscle weakness and cramping, major confusion and memory difficulty! Overall my cholesterol is in the 300's and I need to get it lowered so Zetia is one of many I've tried and couldn't tolerate! Side effects for me are fatigue, chills, and flushing then sweats! Muscle charlie horses, joint pain!"

Redpop May 31, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for : "Was notified recently that the expensive drug Zetia now has a generic version called Ezetimibe however Zetia is a tier 3 drug and Ezetimibe is a tier 4 drug which means I will be paying even more than before since my plan will no longer carry Zetia after June 1,2017. Unbelievable!!"

Ezzetr March 25, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "I have used this for a few months as I cannot take a statin due to muscle pains. During this period I developed a stiff shoulder that later progressed to a frozen shoulder. Worse, I had problems with focussed thinking, and because of my lack of focussed thinking I only noticed this at 6 weeks. As I am a teacher, I immediately quit using it. I was lucky this happened in the school holidays. I have no idea what it did for my cholesterol, as the second side effect I noticed was such that I felt unable to continue it."

ejn (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017