User Reviews for Ezetimibe

Also known as: Zetia

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ezetimibe.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous

High Cholesterol
5.5

Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 6.8 46 reviews

Reviews for Ezetimibe

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Took Zetia at 10:30 at nite with my pravastatin 30mg. By 2:00 AM I woke with Horrible leg and Arm muscle pain. Never had issues on the low dose pravastatin but now 2 days later my legs still burn. I can not stand it and HOPE it goes away. Never again I had the same problems with lipitor only this is not going away yet. Not worth it."

Will not let me post (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Reduced LDL by about 25%, good. But made me feel terrible, disrupted my already tenuous sleep. I tried it 3 times, same result each time. Too bad, as it works to reduce LDL. Need to try something else."

RJPKelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Multiple statins over years caused severe muscle aches in lower body, fatigue, stomach pain and scary loss of memory and focus. Took months but dramatic improvement after stoppage. Have talked to many people with identical experiences. Been on ezitimibe two months. Experiencing pain and swelling in left hand, wrist and forearm, body fatigue, sudden short bouts of liquid diarrhea, waking up during night sleep absolutely drenched and awash in perspiration, loss of muscular strength and increasing loss of mental focus. Talked today to a friend having comparable symptoms. Stopping this drug immediately."

GaryBB August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have beeen on medicine for Familial Heterozygous High cholesterol for 15 years, Rosuvastatin half the max dose 20mg cut total cholesterol from 9.9 uk measuring system to 5.2, with no noticeable side effects. Ezetimibe reduced this by 0.6 to 4.6 monitored quarterly, side effects first diarrhoea got worse and next resembled irritable bowel symptoms and then became like having severe gastroenteritis once a fortnight with in the last 3 days worsening nausea and delayed stomach emptying for up to 24 hours followed by 2 days of extremely frequent and exhausting vomiting and diarrhoea until only clear fluid was expelled followed by 3 days recovery starting a new cycle. I endured this for 18 months with various -ve tests. Stopping ezetimibe cured these side effects completely."

JGB-UK June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I am 66 and have been taking Zetia 10 for nearly 5 years now. I had previously taken Zocor, Mevacor, and Crestor consecutively over a period of about 15 years, each giving me severe muscle pain in my feet and legs. At one point, the pain in my arches was so bad that one doctor diagnosed the problem as plantar fasciitis and recommended surgery. That's when I stopped taking any statins and within a couple of months, the pain was completely gone. When I started taking Zetia, I saw no adverse side effects and my bad cholesterol went down a little. About a year ago, I started having pain and weakness in my legs when standing up or climbing stairs. Now, I'm have pain in my left calf and heel and occasionally in my left arm, shoulder and back."

Pete_C June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "My efforts to take something other than Statin is Zeita! My liver enzymes spike with Statins along with fatigue, muscle weakness and cramping, major confusion and memory difficulty! Overall my cholesterol is in the 300's and I need to get it lowered so Zetia is one of many I've tried and couldn't tolerate! Side effects for me are fatigue, chills, and flushing then sweats! Muscle charlie horses, joint pain!"

Redpop May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for : "Was notified recently that the expensive drug Zetia now has a generic version called Ezetimibe however Zetia is a tier 3 drug and Ezetimibe is a tier 4 drug which means I will be paying even more than before since my plan will no longer carry Zetia after June 1,2017. Unbelievable!!"

Ezzetr March 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I have used this for a few months as I cannot take a statin due to muscle pains. During this period I developed a stiff shoulder that later progressed to a frozen shoulder. Worse, I had problems with focussed thinking, and because of my lack of focussed thinking I only noticed this at 6 weeks. As I am a teacher, I immediately quit using it. I was lucky this happened in the school holidays. I have no idea what it did for my cholesterol, as the second side effect I noticed was such that I felt unable to continue it."

ejn (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "If you are starting to belch while on this medicine stop taking it, because it is starting to cause stomach inflammation which is gastritis. This medicine caused muscle atrophy, dry eye, runny nose, anxiety, foot and calf cramping, sweating, sinus and stomach inflammation. I have been dealing with the gastritis never had any stomach issues in my life until zetia. I believe the drug companies are not telling people about all the side effects because they know not everyone gets every side effect but believe me this a dangerous medicine I have went from 150lbs with a lot of muscle went to the gym lifted and ran 3 to 4 miles a week. Now about 118lbs and still suffering 8 almost 9 months later."

MJRanks January 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Got my cholesterol under control and no adverse side effects. Cost is a bit high, but, insurance pays about 66%."

LSG (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been taking Zetia off and on since it first came out in 2002. But now the price has gotten prohibitive. There is no generic for it, because Merck is greedy and still holds the patent. There has been a generic drug available since 2015, but Merck wants to be the sole source for this drug, and it's has not been allowed on the market. I've paid a co-pay of $25 per month due to a secondary card I got from my doctor's office, now my insurance has jacked the co-pay to $100 for 30 tabs. I went to the Merck site and they no longer offer a discount card. They have a form for applying for a free prescription online, but apparently you must be destitute to get it. Since they're the only guy in town for this drug, this is just ridiculous..."

Mrywidow (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Zetia (10 mg) for about five years. My copay was about $100 at first but in the past two years the price has risen dramatically, even though I understand it will soon be considered a generic. My current order bears a copay of $411 for a 90 day supply and the result is that I will simply stop taking it. (My copay is 50% of the nominal full price of the drug.) Until I read some of the comments here I was unaware that my excessive sweating might be due to this prescription drug. We must do something about pharmaceutical companies constantly marking up drug prices just because they can."

IanMacF October 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "I was reading this blog with interest. I'm a Canadian . You are being ripped off in the US I am sorry to say. I am on 5mg of Crestor and 10mg of ezetimibe and I do not have insurance. In Canada our social health insurance pays for the doctor but not prescriptions unless you are a senior. The cost of these two drugs together is just under $20.00 per month. Yes, not $200.00 but $20.00 I suggest you vote to put pressure on the drug manufacturers to reduce their pricing structures. And btw, I have tolerated both with no side effects and my Cholesterol numbers for total are very low. My Cardiologist is happy and so am I."

Dennis J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Dropped total number down 86 points teamed only with red yeast rice supplements. 10 mg per day with dinner. I live in Phienix so can't tell if Zetia causing sweat or Phx heat but it has worked great. Very active life and no known side effects. Mail prescription plan costs 40.00 for 90 days."

Great in Phx August 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I was prescribed this drug after my liver decided it was going to show sensitivity to statins. Im in tears right now. Its only been 4 days and I've been experiencing severe joint pain, muscle tenderness, chest pain, and now woken up by a night terror. I dont know what im going to do, but ai cant take this drug anymore. It's frightening!"

Teresa274 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been on Zetia for a number of years. The retail price has now gone over the one thousand dollar amount for a three month suppy. $12 for each tiny capsule. What is the deal. My dr. has recently told me to take one every other day to cut the cost. I am on social security and have a good RX policy....but it still costs me over $5.50 in cash. That is prohibitive for a drug that has been on the market for years and years. I think the makers of it are out of their minds. My last refill the retail was $899. Please tell WHY has it gone up almost $200."

KT I have been on Zetia for a (taken for 10 years or more) March 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Only took 2 days. Leg pains already, flu like symptoms, felt feverish, but no fever. Cold, clammy chills. I can't take statins, and it seems this is a no-go also."

gone2beach (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "It is January 2016 and I just had to pay $267.00 for 30 day supply of Zetia at the pharmacy - the preferred pharmacy for my United prescription policy. I have never had to pay this much before. Whoever markets this drug is greedy and evil!!!!"

Eunie January 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "After having difficulties with Simvastatin (sudden flailing of limbs), Lovaza (hyperhydrosis), Tricor (worse hyperhydrosis, fatigue, acid reflux), and high dose Niacin (same but worse), I was put on Zetia. hyperhydrosis to the point of hyponatremia (constant sweating even in 30F weather & low sodium), inability to walk & breathe for more than a few steps at a time, reduced cardiac & respiratory function, clammy skin, constant feeling of being on fire (normal body temp but FELT like I was burning alive), fatigue, and...severe craving for milk. I was drinking 2 to 2 1/2 GALLONS of milk PER DAY. I was always dehydrated. I gained 50 lbs on skim milk. Did lower my triglycerides but almost killed me. Improved swiftly after stopping Zetia."

Flickchick (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I took 1 zetia and my throat swelled up. I wound up in ER, getting IV steroids and benedryl. I will never take it again. I cannot take statins due to terrible muscle pain."

Nothappy2 October 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I am shocked at the out of pocket price of Zetia of out of $95,00 a month. Since this seems to be on only non statin replacement of the use with cholesterol you are definitely price gouging"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I experienced severe abdominal cramps and pain as well as diarrhea. I also experienced weakness and fatigue. I could not tolerate the drug, so I do not know if it had any effect on my cholesterol."

ahilley September 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "The second day of taking Zetia I had night leg cramps (Charlie's Horse). The third night, same thing, leg cramps at night. The fourth night foot and leg cramps at night. Stopped taking them after fourth night."

hope44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Cholesterol numbers are in the normal range for the first time EVER. I take it with Livalo (the cost for both medications is horrible and are Tier 4 meds on insurance formulary list). Only side effect is perspiration comes in waves (not all the time) and has the odor of garbage. Bathing is the only solution for this problem. Deodorants only work for a short period after a "sweat" episode."

I AM PU October 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Combining the Zetia with low dose Atorvastatin has produced good results with my cholesterol numbers. My Cardiologist added it to my regimen about 4 years ago and it has not added any side effects other than in the wallet. "

BANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2014