User Reviews for Ezetimibe

Also known as: Zetia

Learn more about Ezetimibe.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 7 reviews 16 medications

8.5
High Cholesterol 30 reviews 48 medications

5.6
Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 37 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ezetimibe

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been taking Zetia off and on since it first came out in 2002. But now the price has gotten prohibitive. There is no generic for it, because Merck is greedy and still holds the patent. There has been a generic drug available since 2015, but Merck wants to be the sole source for this drug, and it's has not been allowed on the market. I've paid a co-pay of $25 per month due to a secondary card I got from my doctor's office, now my insurance has jacked the co-pay to $100 for 30 tabs. I went to the Merck site and they no longer offer a discount card. They have a form for applying for a free prescription online, but apparently you must be destitute to get it. Since they're the only guy in town for this drug, this is just ridiculous..."

Mrywidow (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Zetia (10 mg) for about five years. My copay was about $100 at first but in the past two years the price has risen dramatically, even though I understand it will soon be considered a generic. My current order bears a copay of $411 for a 90 day supply and the result is that I will simply stop taking it. (My copay is 50% of the nominal full price of the drug.) Until I read some of the comments here I was unaware that my excessive sweating might be due to this prescription drug. We must do something about pharmaceutical companies constantly marking up drug prices just because they can."

IanMacF October 18, 2016

For High Cholesterol: "I was reading this blog with interest. I'm a Canadian . You are being ripped off in the US I am sorry to say. I am on 5mg of Crestor and 10mg of ezetimibe and I do not have insurance. In Canada our social health insurance pays for the doctor but not prescriptions unless you are a senior. The cost of these two drugs together is just under $20.00 per month. Yes, not $200.00 but $20.00 I suggest you vote to put pressure on the drug manufacturers to reduce their pricing structures. And btw, I have tolerated both with no side effects and my Cholesterol numbers for total are very low. My Cardiologist is happy and so am I."

Dennis J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Dropped total number down 86 points teamed only with red yeast rice supplements. 10 mg per day with dinner. I live in Phienix so can't tell if Zetia causing sweat or Phx heat but it has worked great. Very active life and no known side effects. Mail prescription plan costs 40.00 for 90 days."

Great in Phx August 5, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I was prescribed this drug after my liver decided it was going to show sensitivity to statins. Im in tears right now. Its only been 4 days and I've been experiencing severe joint pain, muscle tenderness, chest pain, and now woken up by a night terror. I dont know what im going to do, but ai cant take this drug anymore. It's frightening!"

Teresa274 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been on Zetia for a number of years. The retail price has now gone over the one thousand dollar amount for a three month suppy. $12 for each tiny capsule. What is the deal. My dr. has recently told me to take one every other day to cut the cost. I am on social security and have a good RX policy....but it still costs me over $5.50 in cash. That is prohibitive for a drug that has been on the market for years and years. I think the makers of it are out of their minds. My last refill the retail was $899. Please tell WHY has it gone up almost $200."

KT I have been on Zetia for a (taken for 10 years or more) March 29, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Only took 2 days. Leg pains already, flu like symptoms, felt feverish, but no fever. Cold, clammy chills. I can't take statins, and it seems this is a no-go also."

gone2beach (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "It is January 2016 and I just had to pay $267.00 for 30 day supply of Zetia at the pharmacy - the preferred pharmacy for my United prescription policy. I have never had to pay this much before. Whoever markets this drug is greedy and evil!!!!"

Eunie January 12, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "After having difficulties with Simvastatin (sudden flailing of limbs), Lovaza (hyperhydrosis), Tricor (worse hyperhydrosis, fatigue, acid reflux), and high dose Niacin (same but worse), I was put on Zetia. hyperhydrosis to the point of hyponatremia (constant sweating even in 30F weather & low sodium), inability to walk & breathe for more than a few steps at a time, reduced cardiac & respiratory function, clammy skin, constant feeling of being on fire (normal body temp but FELT like I was burning alive), fatigue, and...severe craving for milk. I was drinking 2 to 2 1/2 GALLONS of milk PER DAY. I was always dehydrated. I gained 50 lbs on skim milk. Did lower my triglycerides but almost killed me. Improved swiftly after stopping Zetia."

Flickchick (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I took 1 zetia and my throat swelled up. I wound up in ER, getting IV steroids and benedryl. I will never take it again. I cannot take statins due to terrible muscle pain."

Nothappy2 October 22, 2015

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I am shocked at the out of pocket price of Zetia of out of $95,00 a month. Since this seems to be on only non statin replacement of the use with cholesterol you are definitely price gouging"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I experienced severe abdominal cramps and pain as well as diarrhea. I also experienced weakness and fatigue. I could not tolerate the drug, so I do not know if it had any effect on my cholesterol."

ahilley September 8, 2015

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "The second day of taking Zetia I had night leg cramps (Charlie's Horse). The third night, same thing, leg cramps at night. The fourth night foot and leg cramps at night. Stopped taking them after fourth night."

hope44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Cholesterol numbers are in the normal range for the first time EVER. I take it with Livalo (the cost for both medications is horrible and are Tier 4 meds on insurance formulary list). Only side effect is perspiration comes in waves (not all the time) and has the odor of garbage. Bathing is the only solution for this problem. Deodorants only work for a short period after a "sweat" episode."

I AM PU October 30, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Combining the Zetia with low dose Atorvastatin has produced good results with my cholesterol numbers. My Cardiologist added it to my regimen about 4 years ago and it has not added any side effects other than in the wallet. "

BANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2014

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking this for 10 years and although my cholesterol numbers are good, I'm constantly fatigued. I take a handful of other medications as the result of a heart attack that left no permanent damage to my heart. Sometimes I wonder if the side effects of a lot of these medications is worth the benefit. Plus, Zetia is expensive."

Jack Bauer (taken for 10 years or more) August 11, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Dizziness, tiredness, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, generally feel bad."

Nunu1950 March 5, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I've had elevated cholesterol and triglycerides for 20 years now and have taken many medications to lower them. Three months ago my cholesterol was 710 and my triglycerides were 3000. I've been on Crestor and Tricor for quite a few years and 3 mos. ago my Dr. added Zetia. My cholesterol is now down to 87 and my triglycerides are down to 125. Zetia is truly a miracle for me as I no longer feel like I'm a ticking time bomb now."

Nurse Kish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been using Zetia for two years. I am also having extreme muscle pain with profuse sweating when I get too hot."

fgr500 June 25, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Taken for two weeks and have back pain. Stopped taking medicine."

Ken2912 June 15, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "The ONLY medicine that has resulted in my numbers being normal after many years on Lipitor-Niacin regimen. Added Zetia to the mix every night. Effects - light-headed and loose stools in mornings every day. Small price to pay for good health, but, yes, BIG price for the medicine."

MaineJo May 24, 2013

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have had really good results with this medicine and no adverse side effects. I had not had to take it for about 5 years, but was recently asked by my M.D. to go back on it. I am going to have to decline due to the huge difference in the cost of it now! For a 90 day supply, it is now $285.00 even with my prescription insurance. I am on a fixed income & absolutely cannot afford this! "

Grammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "After statring Zetia, I began to have weird dreams which lasted throughout the night. I began taking it in the morning with my breakfast, and had stomach discomfort."

Carl A. April 20, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Stopped taking Zetia at night as I had horrific nightmares. Will try it in the morning, see if I have any side effects. Can't take statins because off muscle pain."

Heidi111 March 21, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I took Zocor for 10 years before developing muscle pain. Since then its been trail and error with several different stains. In each case I developed muscle pain in essentially the area of my body, right buttocks and hip. Most recently I was put on Zetia without any statin. After two months the pain returned to the same area only much more severe than previous and more persistent."

JerryCs1 March 17, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate