User Reviews for Ezetimibe

High Cholesterol
5.2

Summary of Ezetimibe reviews 5.6 57 reviews

Reviews for Ezetimibe

For High Cholesterol: "Started in Zetia 10mg about 5 years ago then switched to Ezetimibe about 3 years ago. Has been very effective in controlling cholesterol and have never had any noticable side effects."

Wally (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I have been on this number of years - maybe 7. I think the Ezetimibe was effective on reducing the cholesterol as designed however, I have had bouts of diarrhea for years like my stomach explodes and out it comes. The doctors have not come up with a cause and/or a solution. Lately I have reason to believe it is caused by the Ezetimibe that I take. It seems to come on me about 2 or 3 hours after I take it. Anybody else have this problem?"

Riodosa (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I don’t know if Zetia is helping my high cholesterol since I have only been taking it three weeks and haven’t had the followup lab work yet but I am getting ready to discontinue it on my own. My main complaint is extreme fatigue to the point where I feel like I need to lay down after quick outings. My blood pressure has dropped and I have started taking a half dose of my blood pressure medication and a half pill of the Zetia. Still, I’m tired and find myself short of breath after moving around or even while talking sometimes. I just generally feel bad and weak but I can’t tolerate statins. I was hoping this would work but it doesn’t look like it."

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "35-year-old Caucasian male. I take Ezetimibe along with Lodalis and Repatha for high cholesterol. I have severe hip pain but I don't know which drug causes it. Otherwise I have no side effects from these three meds and they have dramatically lowered my cholesterol. Recommended if you can afford these drugs."

Peter (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Starting taking ezetimibe 10mg on 7/1/18. Diarrhea and pain in left side of back by 7/4/18. Taking this along with Simvistatin. Can't continue on the ezetimibe with the back pain especially so will stop until my Dr. & I can figure out another alternative as the Simvistatin 20mg alone not doing it."

TM (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have tried statins to bring my cholesterol down but the side affects were unbearable! Have been on zetia a week and the side affects are insane. My muscles and joints hurt so bad I want to scream. My skin even burns! Give me high cholesterol over these medications and their side affects any day. I only hope they will go away!"

None (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "After taking this drug for a week l experienced severe joint and muscle pain, stomach pain and headaches. Disappointing as l am unable to take statins for the same reason. Will just have to contend with high cholesterol."

Cranky (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Couldn't take statins due to multiple side effects. Took zetia for 6 weeks before realizing it was causing severe nausea on a daily basis, constipation, extreme tiredness, excruciating hip pain, hot flashes with profuse sweating as well as gastritis. I've been off zetia for two weeks and I'm still having the awful sweating flashes, constipation, hip pain and tired to the point I fall asleep for about 30 minutes when I get home from work every day. The nausea is finally gone and gastritis has improved. I hope all this goes away soon!! I'm miserable! I will not take meds for cholesterol again I'm going to go back to Krill oil and flaxseed oil."

one.day.at.a.time (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "I was taking the name brand Zetia for many years after trying 5 different statins that caused leg cramps that had me jumping out of bed at night and no way to stop the horrendous pain. No, pickle juice and hot showers didn't work. Things were going well with the Zetia until my insurance company refused to cover the drug this year and said I had to take the generic ezetimibe. What a disaster! It was like doing a colonoscopy prep every day. I couldn't leave the house because I was constantly running to the bathroom with severe diarrhea that lasted about 8-10 hours until the drug wore off. It made it impossible to even go to work. I couldn't eat anything without it running right through me (that's how it controlled the cholesterol--nothing stayed with you). Frankly, I'd rather take NOTHING than go through that again."

Flygirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For High Cholesterol: "Was on Zetia 10mg daily for four years. Underwent numerous scans, testing, Ultrasounds & vascular studies to determine why I was having severe leg cramping every single day ( worse at night ) I discontinued Zetia by myself and legs had 100% return to normal. Unable to take statins due to joint pains but was assured this med was not the same."

Sitinin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2018

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Just started treatment"

Brandy Lane (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Took Zetia at 10:30 at nite with my pravastatin 30mg. By 2:00 AM I woke with Horrible leg and Arm muscle pain. Never had issues on the low dose pravastatin but now 2 days later my legs still burn. I can not stand it and HOPE it goes away. Never again I had the same problems with lipitor only this is not going away yet. Not worth it."

Will not let me post (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "Reduced LDL by about 25%, good. But made me feel terrible, disrupted my already tenuous sleep. I tried it 3 times, same result each time. Too bad, as it works to reduce LDL. Need to try something else."

RJPKelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "Multiple statins over years caused severe muscle aches in lower body, fatigue, stomach pain and scary loss of memory and focus. Took months but dramatic improvement after stoppage. Have talked to many people with identical experiences. Been on ezitimibe two months. Experiencing pain and swelling in left hand, wrist and forearm, body fatigue, sudden short bouts of liquid diarrhea, waking up during night sleep absolutely drenched and awash in perspiration, loss of muscular strength and increasing loss of mental focus. Talked today to a friend having comparable symptoms. Stopping this drug immediately."

GaryBB August 24, 2017

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have beeen on medicine for Familial Heterozygous High cholesterol for 15 years, Rosuvastatin half the max dose 20mg cut total cholesterol from 9.9 uk measuring system to 5.2, with no noticeable side effects. Ezetimibe reduced this by 0.6 to 4.6 monitored quarterly, side effects first diarrhoea got worse and next resembled irritable bowel symptoms and then became like having severe gastroenteritis once a fortnight with in the last 3 days worsening nausea and delayed stomach emptying for up to 24 hours followed by 2 days of extremely frequent and exhausting vomiting and diarrhoea until only clear fluid was expelled followed by 3 days recovery starting a new cycle. I endured this for 18 months with various -ve tests. Stopping ezetimibe cured these side effects completely."

JGB-UK June 18, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I am 66 and have been taking Zetia 10 for nearly 5 years now. I had previously taken Zocor, Mevacor, and Crestor consecutively over a period of about 15 years, each giving me severe muscle pain in my feet and legs. At one point, the pain in my arches was so bad that one doctor diagnosed the problem as plantar fasciitis and recommended surgery. That's when I stopped taking any statins and within a couple of months, the pain was completely gone. When I started taking Zetia, I saw no adverse side effects and my bad cholesterol went down a little. About a year ago, I started having pain and weakness in my legs when standing up or climbing stairs. Now, I'm have pain in my left calf and heel and occasionally in my left arm, shoulder and back."

Pete_C June 11, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "My efforts to take something other than Statin is Zeita! My liver enzymes spike with Statins along with fatigue, muscle weakness and cramping, major confusion and memory difficulty! Overall my cholesterol is in the 300's and I need to get it lowered so Zetia is one of many I've tried and couldn't tolerate! Side effects for me are fatigue, chills, and flushing then sweats! Muscle charlie horses, joint pain!"

Redpop May 31, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for : "Was notified recently that the expensive drug Zetia now has a generic version called Ezetimibe however Zetia is a tier 3 drug and Ezetimibe is a tier 4 drug which means I will be paying even more than before since my plan will no longer carry Zetia after June 1,2017. Unbelievable!!"

Ezzetr March 25, 2017

For High Cholesterol: "I have used this for a few months as I cannot take a statin due to muscle pains. During this period I developed a stiff shoulder that later progressed to a frozen shoulder. Worse, I had problems with focussed thinking, and because of my lack of focussed thinking I only noticed this at 6 weeks. As I am a teacher, I immediately quit using it. I was lucky this happened in the school holidays. I have no idea what it did for my cholesterol, as the second side effect I noticed was such that I felt unable to continue it."

ejn (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "If you are starting to belch while on this medicine stop taking it, because it is starting to cause stomach inflammation which is gastritis. This medicine caused muscle atrophy, dry eye, runny nose, anxiety, foot and calf cramping, sweating, sinus and stomach inflammation. I have been dealing with the gastritis never had any stomach issues in my life until zetia. I believe the drug companies are not telling people about all the side effects because they know not everyone gets every side effect but believe me this a dangerous medicine I have went from 150lbs with a lot of muscle went to the gym lifted and ran 3 to 4 miles a week. Now about 118lbs and still suffering 8 almost 9 months later."

MJRanks January 29, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Got my cholesterol under control and no adverse side effects. Cost is a bit high, but, insurance pays about 66%."

LSG (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been taking Zetia off and on since it first came out in 2002. But now the price has gotten prohibitive. There is no generic for it, because Merck is greedy and still holds the patent. There has been a generic drug available since 2015, but Merck wants to be the sole source for this drug, and it's has not been allowed on the market. I've paid a co-pay of $25 per month due to a secondary card I got from my doctor's office, now my insurance has jacked the co-pay to $100 for 30 tabs. I went to the Merck site and they no longer offer a discount card. They have a form for applying for a free prescription online, but apparently you must be destitute to get it. Since they're the only guy in town for this drug, this is just ridiculous..."

Mrywidow (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Zetia (10 mg) for about five years. My copay was about $100 at first but in the past two years the price has risen dramatically, even though I understand it will soon be considered a generic. My current order bears a copay of $411 for a 90 day supply and the result is that I will simply stop taking it. (My copay is 50% of the nominal full price of the drug.) Until I read some of the comments here I was unaware that my excessive sweating might be due to this prescription drug. We must do something about pharmaceutical companies constantly marking up drug prices just because they can."

IanMacF October 18, 2016

For High Cholesterol: "I was reading this blog with interest. I'm a Canadian . You are being ripped off in the US I am sorry to say. I am on 5mg of Crestor and 10mg of ezetimibe and I do not have insurance. In Canada our social health insurance pays for the doctor but not prescriptions unless you are a senior. The cost of these two drugs together is just under $20.00 per month. Yes, not $200.00 but $20.00 I suggest you vote to put pressure on the drug manufacturers to reduce their pricing structures. And btw, I have tolerated both with no side effects and my Cholesterol numbers for total are very low. My Cardiologist is happy and so am I."

Dennis J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2016

Zetia (ezetimibe) for High Cholesterol: "Dropped total number down 86 points teamed only with red yeast rice supplements. 10 mg per day with dinner. I live in Phienix so can't tell if Zetia causing sweat or Phx heat but it has worked great. Very active life and no known side effects. Mail prescription plan costs 40.00 for 90 days."

Great in Phx August 5, 2016