Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 19, 2021.
Generic name: Dulaglutide 0.75mg in 0.5mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
- The recommended initiating dose of TRULICITY is 0.75 mg injected subcutaneously once weekly.
- Increase the dose to 1.5 mg once weekly for additional glycemic control.
- If additional glycemic control is needed, increase the dose to 3 mg once weekly after at least 4 weeks on the 1.5 mg dose.
- If additional glycemic control is needed, increase the dose to the maximum dose of 4.5 mg once weekly after at least 4 weeks on the 3 mg dose.
- If a dose is missed, instruct patients to administer as soon as possible if there are at least 3 days (72 hours) until the next scheduled dose. If less than 3 days remain before the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and administer the next dose on the regularly scheduled day. In each case, patients can then resume their regular once weekly dosing schedule.
- The day of weekly administration can be changed if necessary, as long as the last dose was administered 3 or more days before.
Important Administration Instructions
- Administer TRULICITY once weekly, any time of day, with or without food.
- Inject TRULICITY subcutaneously in the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm.
- Rotate injection sites with each dose.
- Inspect TRULICITY visually before use. It should appear clear and colorless. Do not use TRULICITY if particulate matter or coloration is seen.
- When using TRULICITY with insulin, administer as separate injections and never mix. It is acceptable to inject TRULICITY and insulin in the same body region, but the injections should not be adjacent to each other.
Frequently asked questions
- Does Trulicity cause weight loss?
- Does Trulicity need to be refrigerated?
- Can Trulicity be used with insulin?
- Can Trulicity be injected cold?
- How does Trulicity work?
- How do you use/inject Trulicity?
- Is Trulicity a form of insulin?
- Does dulaglutide cause weight loss?
- What is dulaglutide used for and how does it work?
More about Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Patient Tips
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 802 Reviews
- Drug class: incretin mimetics
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.