User Reviews for Colchicine

Also known as: Colcrys, Mitigare

Learn more about Colchicine.

Pseudogout, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 0 medications

Behcet's Disease 2 reviews 1 medications

3.5
Summary of Colchicine reviews 40 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Colchicine

For Gout, Acute: "This only works at the onset of an attack. I used it on my third attack, when I felt the tingle in my big toe. I took 2 immediately and 4 more for every hour after. It controlled it over night and am almost pain free the next day. What causes the pain is the crystals; so colchicine is not a pain reliever. What it does is reduce the amount of white blood cells attacking the site thus lowering the swelling and associated pain from it. Used in conjuction with Naproxen I avoided my 3rd attack."

Pat J Mac August 23, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "have had gout attacks since 1986, back the heavy beer drinker. Quit drinking in 1997 and gout attacks down 80 % . now 60 years old , I occasionally get gout attack but I take allopurinol 325 daily has been great but recently had some medium pain in joints son back on Colchicine .06 daily, feeling better . gotta stay away from greasy meats, shellfish but medication works great.........."

MARTY56 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Excellent saved my life and sanity. Had gout for 5 weeks in severe pain between 7-11! On a scale of 10. Kept improving slightly then flaring up. Couldn't wear shoes! Have used it now for 5 days and almost all gone! Best with volteren. This is my first gout attack. Also having with meals stops the sickly feeling. Only slight loose stools"

Meme3000 April 23, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Had gout in wrist & knee, 5 days on Naproxen hadn't shifted it. Blood showed UR as normal so got sent to the emergency room. After xrays & more blood tests Dr decided it was gout & prescribed 3 days of colchine. Apparently it works best at the start of an attack so might be wrongly prescribed. My experience was both feet got gout with no easing of pain in other joints while taking it. I got the well known side effect but the effect on the gout was worse than neutral."

RedFoot January 26, 2016

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "it saved my life, my quality of life before colchicine was very low, now I can smile and look to the future, only side effect is mild diarrea"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 23, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Had this for ten years I know ...but as a kid I'm finding out why my toe hurt for a week or so ...bad for the last ten years ..so colchicine ..allopurinol ..and and and and and ....well I am now on natural ...DEVILS CLAW ...and..FLAX OIL .. and BITTER MELLON ...YES IT COSTS ABOUT 33 DOLLARS BUT BETTER THAN 300 FOR A MONTH OF COLCHICINE"

jay doo boy January 17, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "I have been having gout attacks for about 3 years now. My Dr prescribed allopurinol daily to help keep my uric acid levels down. I was prescribed Colcrys as an anti-inflammatory and I have to say it does absolutely nothing for the pain. My wife who has never had a gout flair in her entire life believes Colcrys is a miracle drug. So I take it just to humble her. I wouldn't suggest this medication to anyone. I wish I could give it negative stars as a review."

The Big Show (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "good"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "colchicine really helped my gout flares when I took the 2 pills followed by 1 more pill but I also had some side effect. my stomach hurt and I felt dizzy. I am type II diabetic and my blood sugar levels were higher on the day I took colchicine. My dr prescribed a daily dose of colchicine and I only took that for a short time. I really had a terrible reaction to the daily dose. I will continue to take it for sporadic gout attacks."

dbtrains (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2015

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "After 60 days I saw ZERO improvement. My big right toe is as enlarged as ever. I am grateful, from what I read, that I never had any pain. For this price for a generic, no less., I have to seriously consider having my doctor move me on to another treatment."

CHarles 116 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2015

For Behcet's Disease: "Made all my hair fall out, like all of it!"

Sammy888888 July 18, 2015

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Prophylaxis: "Used early right after flare up, works pretty quickly"

WJR1989 June 16, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "doc gave me Rx for 0.6mg 2 x daily. to start i took 2 pills and then 1 more after an hour the first day, then just 2 pills daily for the next few days until pain and inflammation is gone. this was also Rx'ed with indomethacin - 50mg 3 x daily (along with a drug to coat the stomach 1 x daily) I would say my pain after only a few hours subsided from a 8 to a 4 and the next morning was at 2. that is where i am right now. i will try an update in a few days . . ."

derks February 26, 2015

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I had a severe gout attack on my left wrist the pain was so bad I thought I was going to pass out. My Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg 3 times a day. By the time I took the 2nd pill the swelling started to go down and I had enough mobility to perform my job, operating a train."

mozak (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I've had about 4 to 6 gout attacks over the past year, and I'm 31 yrs old. Overall healthy, just like to have way to much fun, and eat real good too. That being said, the gout attack I'm suffering with now was a Beast Mode of an attack to my ankle, and it's lasted for nearly week. At first, doctor gave me prednisone (steroid pack), that did absolutely nothing to help. Got a shot of cortisone in my back side, which didn't help either, since the gout is in my ankle. (in past, direct cortisone shot to affected area would do wonders!) So, I call the doctor's office after my pain has not gone down, and if anything its gone up! Doctor gives me Colcrys..says.."SD affect diarrhea" not on 1st day/2nd day for me...but it's a miracle medicine, Pain free."

KO1983 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I used to get gout in the past. Mainly in my big toe, occasionally severe - meaning I could not sleep, or walk. Basically - when it was at its worse - it was a living hell. I was prescribed a preventative (probenecid?), along with pain meds. Then I was given Colchicine. The way I was prescribed it was unusual - I was told to take a pill every hour until I became sick! Well, about 6 hours and six pills later - I slowly became ill, had the runs, was throwing up - felt like I had the flu. But, after all that nastiness passed, amazingly the pain in my toe was gone! It seemed to have been flushed from my system. My toe was still red and itchy, but the pain was gone. It was amazing! Ultimately, the side-effects were surely worth the relief!"

Stirgy (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I like to say Colcrys 0.6 is THE BEST. I got the prescription barely yesterday and just about 8 hrs later I was without pain on my ankles and my burning disappeared, I was able to sleep. After being unable to sleep for 3 consecutive days. Thanks to this wonderful medication I was able to sleep last night and able to workout. As for side effects only soft stools but nothing extreme. DEFINITELY I RATHER DEAL WITH SOFT STOOL THAN DEALING WITH ALL THAT BURNING AND PAIN ON MY FEET! I truly regret not taking this medicine since 6 yrs ago. I just did not know I sadly have gout. GLADLY NOW I FOUND COLCRYS."

kcjh216 April 17, 2014

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "This is my second gout attack I have taken Colcrys with. First was my right wrist and second my right toes. I have gotten along well with 0.6mg taken once a day. Only side effect I have noticed was more solid stools. I noticed pain relief within the first day. I did take a pain pill as well with my toe flare up but swelling did start to go down after first day on Colcrys. It works for me."

Mcnewg (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2014

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I get about 2-3 flare ups per year, always in the side of my big toe(s). Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg - I honestly don't get any relief that I can tell from this medication. I take 1 every hour for a max of 3 pills over 3 hours ... Seems like the ONLY relief I can get is by flushing my body with tons of water - which can take 3-4 days."

Cody21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Urgent care Doc gave me Colcrys and Voltaren for a flare up in my kneee. First flare ever in knee, wow, I thought it was bad in the foot, but it's nothing compared to the knee! The doctor gave me a 3 day supply, buy the end of day 1 I was at least 75% better, by the end of day two no pain. This worked wonders for me, good luck to you."

Uncle201 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Immediate relief. No upset stomach, no numbing of fingers, just sweet relief. I took .06 at onset and .06 eight hours later, pain gone in about 20 hours. "

cheftomass July 7, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Have been on Uloric for 4 months. Getting flare ups in knee (which Doc says will go away in another month or so). Colcrys has terrible side effects but gets the job done on the pain immediately. Is a trade off I have to make for a while."

Freak 68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "after two days of severe pain and visit to doctor, blood work and x-ray came up with problem. never had any type of gout/arthritis related problem before. crystals were found on my wrist. after two days of taking colcrys, Wrist is still stiff and hurting but pain is bearable."

Vampyr May 25, 2013

For Gout, Prophylaxis: "had 2 bouts in left big toe. Second one was so bad couldn't use clutch in car or change geers on bike. On a bad day I considered a chisel and malet but about a week after starting colchicine I woke to find pain reduced by 50% and within about 3 weeks 95% so well pleased and no apparent symptoms."

nigeldl March 5, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "This medication worked for my first acute gout flare, although I was prescribed a low dose 0.3 twice a day because of it's toxic property. Later I discovered 1.2 for first dose then 0.6 an hour later then prophylactic use until flare up was under control. The side effects where mainly bowl related. It was probably a good idea to start with a low dose, but did not get relief until I had to start the dose over with 1.2 then 0.6."

gyro (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2012