User Reviews for Colchicine

4.5

Sweet's SyndromeNot rated - Be the first1 review 0 medications
Summary of Colchicine reviews 7.9 72 reviews

Reviews for Colchicine

For Sarcoidosis: "I'm 39 years old and was in a car accident when I was 16 resulting in 16 surgeries. I didn't have anything specific happen to my heart but I had a lot of damage to that area (broken ribs, bleeding liver and kidneys, and collapsed lungs.) Within a few months I started having severe pain in my heart and after several trips to the ER I was diagnosed with pericarditis. It's inflammation of the sack that holds the heart and feels like a heart attack 24-7. My treatment over the years has been 800 mg ibuprofen every 4 hours and colchicine. Within 12 hours my flareup begins to get a little better and by day three of taking the medication I'm almost back to normal. I haven't had any upset stomach issues or weird side effects. My toes are a little tingly but I can handle that... can't handle the feeling of having knives going into my neck and chest with an elephant sitting on my chest. I only take this medication when I have a flare up every 6-12 months."

NK April 4, 2019

Mitigare (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Within 30 minutes I became very dizzy to the point of becoming disabled. Further investigation revealed other inactive ingredients contained within the capsule that I couldn't tolerate. Don’t ingest this medicine, stay with colchicine alone! "

Lyle2231 January 23, 2019

For Sweet's Syndrome: "Prednisone alone wasn't stopping the Sweet's flare. My rheumatologist added in colchicine and it made all the difference. Within two months of both medications the Sweet's cleared."

Chewie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "I was been diagnosed almost 50 years ago with FMF. Colcrys brand does not work the same as my other brand of Cochicine which I cannot get in the U.S. Colchicine is my choice to feeling better with my diagnosis."

Jimbo (taken for 10 years or more) November 26, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "It should be sold as a colon cleanser. I am on the toilet at work right now and will be in here about 15 times today. You get watery runs for about 18 hours after taking colchicine and it lasts all day."

Jose Incognitoe November 14, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Let me tell ya, I get wicked bad gout attacks every 4-5 months in my feet. Colchicine is miracle. Works works wicked fast and doesn't give me any of the side affects."

Sox Fan (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Have had gout for 14 years. Been on allopurinol probably 8 of those. Probably 8 years for Colcrys too. But only take it during a flare up. It used to work amazingly. Last two times it has helped. But I get diarrhea. Woke me up yesterday and was running to the bathroom all day. And today. And this time my foot is still in a lot of pain. Thank goodness I am off work."

Anonymous September 24, 2018

For Behcet's Disease: "After my diagnosis of Behçet's Disease, my doctor started me on colchicine for treatment. We continued to increase the dosage while trying to find the "sweet spot" for me to obtain maximum benefit. However, the medicine did not provide any relief for me. It also did not have any side effects. My physician changed to another treatment plan to attempt to control my symptoms. Unfortunately, not every medication reacts the same for everyone for to our biological makeup. I have read about many that have results with this medication. I have also read about some that have negative side effects that cause them to change treatment."

bingnune (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Hi all! Now I know all about “Gout Flares”!!! I have never experienced so much pain in my life!! The way I found out is 3rd ER visit ( since nothing they gave me was working) Finally Cigna ER Doctor ordered blood work. Uric Acid level was 9.3., then told me what I probably had. This drug is amazing! Big diet, lifestyle changes for me, I quit drinking about 20 years ago - ordered delivery and take out all the time. Therefore I’m overweight by 50. lbs. I’m glad I found this site, I hope we all feel better soon!!"

Finn (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I have had gout flares for 17 years and finally succumbed and went to Dr who gave me Colchicine two of the .06mg tablets daily which was effective but added a steroid pack (5 days) to help knock serious ankle flare down. Plans to put me on allopurinol when stable. Now 2 weeks in the swelling is near 100% gone, but lingering ache with burning continues. I am going to request indomethacin as I now recall a friend giving me some for a flare many years ago & was 100 % effective at that time."

Ben May 3, 2018

For Pseudogout, Prophylaxis: "Contrary to previous comment, I am currently taking this medication. Maybe reintroduced at huge price increase? Works but have metallic taste for several hours after dose."

JanWalsworth (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Have had a few Gout attacks usually a year apart but severe to the point of crippling pain, and loss of work. To the point of no weight bearing and crutches on affected ankle this time. Colcochine 0.6mg two to start & 0.6 mg in four hours and 0.6 daily until pain gone. Works to 75% mobility and pain reduction in 12-24 hours everytime. For me this is a life saver. I don't view this as much as a drug as an herbal remedy. Its from a poison plant the "meadow saffron" from what I understand. The colcochine acts as a blocker. You'll need another drug to break down the crystals that cause the gout from forming for daily maintenance to keep levels down and break up the crystals."

Dan (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I first was prescribed Colchicine about two years ago after a flare occurred following a 18 hour drive. I woke during the night in severe pain and with swelling and redness. I improved significantly about 24 hours later. So I believe it is safe to say that I responded well to the drug with no serious side effects."

G Ray (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I tolerated great pain for days to avoid taking drugs. But, at some point I take this because the pain becomes unbearable. When ibuprofen alone is not getting the job done, this stuff is awesome and usually only a few doses over a few days is needed."

dc, Atlanta (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I’m afraid colchicine hasn’t worked at all. I don’t know why the doc didn’t prescribe Indomethacin, which worked for me after a gout attack years ago. After two days I have no relief at all from the knee pain. I will now have to go back to urgent care."

AlexFromLA (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Colchicine was very effective when I was 40 to 50yrs old,stops pain in 8 hrs. Now when I take it it causes diarrhoea."

Jeff shun (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Had gout for the last 20 plus years and found a way to handle it with 100 mg allopurinol and 1 mg colchicine. Had couple of flairs due to crazy off diet meals but uric acid level has been within range and all was under control till I realized that I was taking colchicine for over 20 years !! So I stopped the colchicine and sure enough within one week I had an attack. Bottom point, the solution to my gout is an extended usage of colchicine. How bad is this ?"

Max1956 (taken for 10 years or more) October 21, 2017

For Behcet's Disease: "I was having severe outbreaks of rashes and canker sores for the last couple of years. After 4 months on it I've only had two minor episodes, both never erupted, went away in 24 hours!"

TWR (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I get flare ups of gout, almost always in the largest toe joint sometimes often, and then not for months. But I ALWAYS have an 11 pill series of Colcrys with me. I don't travel ANYWHERE without it and my indomethicin. 4 pills the 1st day, then one a day for 7 days. The pain is better after the 1st pill, less the second day and usually I can put a shoe on, walk and drive on day 3. I suffered for years before I found out about colcrys, and spent many attacks in horrible pain, in the military, where all I could do was lace up my combat boots and soldier on. I tried the "home remedies" with NO relief."

JD Hall September 11, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "... but my side effects from colchicine were terrible - the doc had put me on 2 x 5mg and then 5mg every 6 hours. 24 hours later I had spontaneous diarrhoea and vomiting for 36 hours - unable to eat much and a terrible time. I wanted to warn everyone about the side effects. New research says the most effective AND least toxic dose for colchicine is only 2 tablets and then 1 one hour after flare ups. "

Mike Aussie July 31, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Hi all thought I'd leave a wee something. 8 weeks ago suffered a 1st metatarsal break on my left foot was in a boot for 5 weeks towards. The end of the 5 weeks I felt pain in exact position on my right foot that I had with left got checked out at docs they took bloods turns out gout by this time I'm walking like a penguin "

D MAC Glasgow July 19, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Extremely prolonged first attack of gout. Repeat visits to GP, prescribed various drugs then colchicine. Only 4 day course. Worked within a day. Pure relief! Side effects: really sudden diarrhoea which lasted 24 hours. Benefits definitely outweigh side effects."

Dulcimar July 13, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Doc loaded me up heavy on day one. The morning of day 2 I can walk again without wishing death upon all of humanity. I'm taking a sustained dose now of twice a day. I've been dealing with shoot through a screen door green apple diarrhea but the pain is going. Gonna stay hydrated. Feel night and day better. Tried cherries, Apple cider vinegar, and nsaids leading up to this one. First time using Cochicine. Does the job and quickly."

Gutcramp68106 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Safe for weekly consumption? One tablet 0.5mg per day."

Tekku January 8, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Colcrys works for Gout flares. Allopurinol barely gets half of Gout patients' uric acid down to where they stop having flares. Use Uloric 40mg to lower your Uric acid further than allopurinol could so you DONT have flares anymore because there will be less Uric acid in the body and therefore it won't be stuck in your joints hurting you. It's free each month if your Dr writes 90-days and you use the Uloric copay savings card "

Goutguy November 14, 2016