User Reviews for Colchicine

Also known as: Colcrys, Mitigare

Learn more about Colchicine.

Pseudogout, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 0 medications

Behcet's Disease 2 reviews 0 medications

3.5
Summary of Colchicine reviews 53 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Colchicine

For Gout, Acute: "... but my side effects from colchicine were terrible - the doc had put me on 2 x 5mg and then 5mg every 6 hours. 24 hours later I had spontaneous diarrhoea and vomiting for 36 hours - unable to eat much and a terrible time. I wanted to warn everyone about the side effects. New research says the most effective AND least toxic dose for colchicine is only 2 tablets and then 1 one hour after flare ups. "

Mike Aussie July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Hi all thought I'd leave a wee something. 8 weeks ago suffered a 1st metatarsal break on my left foot was in a boot for 5 weeks towards. The end of the 5 weeks I felt pain in exact position on my right foot that I had with left got checked out at docs they took bloods turns out gout by this time I'm walking like a penguin "

D MAC Glasgow July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Extremely prolonged first attack of gout. Repeat visits to GP, prescribed various drugs then colchicine. Only 4 day course. Worked within a day. Pure relief! Side effects: really sudden diarrhoea which lasted 24 hours. Benefits definitely outweigh side effects."

Dulcimar July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Doc loaded me up heavy on day one. The morning of day 2 I can walk again without wishing death upon all of humanity. I'm taking a sustained dose now of twice a day. I've been dealing with shoot through a screen door green apple diarrhea but the pain is going. Gonna stay hydrated. Feel night and day better. Tried cherries, Apple cider vinegar, and nsaids leading up to this one. First time using Cochicine. Does the job and quickly."

Gutcramp68106 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Safe for weekly consumption? One tablet 0.5mg per day."

Tekku January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Colcrys works for Gout flares. Allopurinol barely gets half of Gout patients' uric acid down to where they stop having flares. Use Uloric 40mg to lower your Uric acid further than allopurinol could so you DONT have flares anymore because there will be less Uric acid in the body and therefore it won't be stuck in your joints hurting you. It's free each month if your Dr writes 90-days and you use the Uloric copay savings card "

Goutguy November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "My 3 year old takes it everyday and it works."

Mom FMF November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Hello everybody i have chronic gout and osteoarthritis had it for 15 years and am going thru a bad gout attack today right ankle joint feels like somebody busted a empty bottle and broken glass inside my cartilage it is the most pain imagined not even 30 mg hydrocodone helps ,this is my 40th or so attacks in my life lost count. main cause for me was uric acid caused by drinking beer for many years i never learned .yea i took just about everything from several meds indomethacin,diflonec,allopurinol curently and today colcrys x3 pills which will knock it out here in about few hours ,drink plenty water and yea diarrea to flush out comes with it ,i have cut out drinking for over 6 weeks and just one six pack one day and Bamm!!full blown gout"

Budnotweiser November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Best drug for gout is indomethacin if your stomach can handle it. Colcrys works for some people but it is basically useless for a lot of people. I still use it because my rheumatologist pushes the issue despite the fact that I tell him it's not doing a darn thing for me."

Thomas T. October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I have suffered with an acute gout attack for the first time and my doctor gave me Colcrys. I am nearly pain free in less than 24 hours. I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to the doctor."

Dellap (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "Improvement started immediately after starting medication. Complete return to normal function after 6 months on medication. Current dose 1.8 mg daily. Stomach issues, which may have been from extensive antibiotic use prior to correct diagnosis, were resolved with Culturelle Probiotic and recognizing lactose intolerance. This drug did cause lactose intolerance."

B. October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Had a bad flare up of gout in my let foot. Dr. prescribed Colcrys and after three days I had no relief from the pain, swelling or burning, but I did have terrible nausea and diahrrea. Doctor then switched me to Indomethacine and within hours the pain started to subside. Now, two days later, I'm about 80% back to normal."

Jxnray7 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Have suffered gout attacks for 40 years. Taking the prescribed dosage resulted in diahorea after three days. Now I take a single 500mcg tablet for one or two days at the first sign of an attack . This proves effective with no side effects. It also means I need to keep a supply of colchicine at hand."

Vikla (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "This only works at the onset of an attack. I used it on my third attack, when I felt the tingle in my big toe. I took 2 immediately and 4 more for every hour after. It controlled it over night and am almost pain free the next day. What causes the pain is the crystals; so colchicine is not a pain reliever. What it does is reduce the amount of white blood cells attacking the site thus lowering the swelling and associated pain from it. Used in conjuction with Naproxen I avoided my 3rd attack."

Pat J Mac August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "have had gout attacks since 1986, back the heavy beer drinker. Quit drinking in 1997 and gout attacks down 80 % . now 60 years old , I occasionally get gout attack but I take allopurinol 325 daily has been great but recently had some medium pain in joints son back on Colchicine .06 daily, feeling better . gotta stay away from greasy meats, shellfish but medication works great.........."

MARTY56 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Excellent saved my life and sanity. Had gout for 5 weeks in severe pain between 7-11! On a scale of 10. Kept improving slightly then flaring up. Couldn't wear shoes! Have used it now for 5 days and almost all gone! Best with volteren. This is my first gout attack. Also having with meals stops the sickly feeling. Only slight loose stools"

Meme3000 April 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Had gout in wrist & knee, 5 days on Naproxen hadn't shifted it. Blood showed UR as normal so got sent to the emergency room. After xrays & more blood tests Dr decided it was gout & prescribed 3 days of colchine. Apparently it works best at the start of an attack so might be wrongly prescribed. My experience was both feet got gout with no easing of pain in other joints while taking it. I got the well known side effect but the effect on the gout was worse than neutral."

RedFoot January 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "it saved my life, my quality of life before colchicine was very low, now I can smile and look to the future, only side effect is mild diarrea"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Had this for ten years I know ...but as a kid I'm finding out why my toe hurt for a week or so ...bad for the last ten years ..so colchicine ..allopurinol ..and and and and and ....well I am now on natural ...DEVILS CLAW ...and..FLAX OIL .. and BITTER MELLON ...YES IT COSTS ABOUT 33 DOLLARS BUT BETTER THAN 300 FOR A MONTH OF COLCHICINE"

jay doo boy January 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "I have been having gout attacks for about 3 years now. My Dr prescribed allopurinol daily to help keep my uric acid levels down. I was prescribed Colcrys as an anti-inflammatory and I have to say it does absolutely nothing for the pain. My wife who has never had a gout flair in her entire life believes Colcrys is a miracle drug. So I take it just to humble her. I wouldn't suggest this medication to anyone. I wish I could give it negative stars as a review."

The Big Show (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "good"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "colchicine really helped my gout flares when I took the 2 pills followed by 1 more pill but I also had some side effect. my stomach hurt and I felt dizzy. I am type II diabetic and my blood sugar levels were higher on the day I took colchicine. My dr prescribed a daily dose of colchicine and I only took that for a short time. I really had a terrible reaction to the daily dose. I will continue to take it for sporadic gout attacks."

dbtrains (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "After 60 days I saw ZERO improvement. My big right toe is as enlarged as ever. I am grateful, from what I read, that I never had any pain. For this price for a generic, no less., I have to seriously consider having my doctor move me on to another treatment."

CHarles 116 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Behcet's Disease: "Made all my hair fall out, like all of it!"

Sammy888888 July 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Prophylaxis: "Used early right after flare up, works pretty quickly"

WJR1989 June 16, 2015