User Reviews for Colchicine

Behcet's Disease
4.5

Summary of Colchicine reviews 8.0 66 reviews

Reviews for Colchicine

For Gout, Acute: "Have had gout for 14 years. Been on allopurinol probably 8 of those. Probably 8 years for Colcrys too. But only take it during a flare up. It used to work amazingly. Last two times it has helped. But I get diarrhea. Woke me up yesterday and was running to the bathroom all day. And today. And this time my foot is still in a lot of pain. Thank goodness I am off work."

Anonymous September 24, 2018

For Behcet's Disease: "After my diagnosis of Behçet's Disease, my doctor started me on colchicine for treatment. We continued to increase the dosage while trying to find the "sweet spot" for me to obtain maximum benefit. However, the medicine did not provide any relief for me. It also did not have any side effects. My physician changed to another treatment plan to attempt to control my symptoms. Unfortunately, not every medication reacts the same for everyone for to our biological makeup. I have read about many that have results with this medication. I have also read about some that have negative side effects that cause them to change treatment."

bingnune (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Hi all! Now I know all about “Gout Flares”!!! I have never experienced so much pain in my life!! The way I found out is 3rd ER visit ( since nothing they gave me was working) Finally Cigna ER Doctor ordered blood work. Uric Acid level was 9.3., then told me what I probably had. This drug is amazing! Big diet, lifestyle changes for me, I quit drinking about 20 years ago - ordered delivery and take out all the time. Therefore I’m overweight by 50. lbs. I’m glad I found this site, I hope we all feel better soon!!"

Finn (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I have had gout flares for 17 years and finally succumbed and went to Dr who gave me Colchicine two of the .06mg tablets daily which was effective but added a steroid pack (5 days) to help knock serious ankle flare down. Plans to put me on allopurinol when stable. Now 2 weeks in the swelling is near 100% gone, but lingering ache with burning continues. I am going to request indomethacin as I now recall a friend giving me some for a flare many years ago & was 100 % effective at that time."

Ben May 3, 2018

For Pseudogout, Prophylaxis: "Contrary to previous comment, I am currently taking this medication. Maybe reintroduced at huge price increase? Works but have metallic taste for several hours after dose."

JanWalsworth (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Have had a few Gout attacks usually a year apart but severe to the point of crippling pain, and loss of work. To the point of no weight bearing and crutches on affected ankle this time. Colcochine 0.6mg two to start & 0.6 mg in four hours and 0.6 daily until pain gone. Works to 75% mobility and pain reduction in 12-24 hours everytime. For me this is a life saver. I don't view this as much as a drug as an herbal remedy. Its from a poison plant the "meadow saffron" from what I understand. The colcochine acts as a blocker. You'll need another drug to break down the crystals that cause the gout from forming for daily maintenance to keep levels down and break up the crystals."

Dan (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I first was prescribed Colchicine about two years ago after a flare occurred following a 18 hour drive. I woke during the night in severe pain and with swelling and redness. I improved significantly about 24 hours later. So I believe it is safe to say that I responded well to the drug with no serious side effects."

G Ray (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I tolerated great pain for days to avoid taking drugs. But, at some point I take this because the pain becomes unbearable. When ibuprofen alone is not getting the job done, this stuff is awesome and usually only a few doses over a few days is needed."

dc, Atlanta (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I’m afraid colchicine hasn’t worked at all. I don’t know why the doc didn’t prescribe Indomethacin, which worked for me after a gout attack years ago. After two days I have no relief at all from the knee pain. I will now have to go back to urgent care."

AlexFromLA (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Colchicine was very effective when I was 40 to 50yrs old,stops pain in 8 hrs. Now when I take it it causes diarrhoea."

Jeff shun (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Had gout for the last 20 plus years and found a way to handle it with 100 mg allopurinol and 1 mg colchicine. Had couple of flairs due to crazy off diet meals but uric acid level has been within range and all was under control till I realized that I was taking colchicine for over 20 years !! So I stopped the colchicine and sure enough within one week I had an attack. Bottom point, the solution to my gout is an extended usage of colchicine. How bad is this ?"

Max1956 (taken for 10 years or more) October 21, 2017

For Behcet's Disease: "I was having severe outbreaks of rashes and canker sores for the last couple of years. After 4 months on it I've only had two minor episodes, both never erupted, went away in 24 hours!"

TWR (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I get flare ups of gout, almost always in the largest toe joint sometimes often, and then not for months. But I ALWAYS have an 11 pill series of Colcrys with me. I don't travel ANYWHERE without it and my indomethicin. 4 pills the 1st day, then one a day for 7 days. The pain is better after the 1st pill, less the second day and usually I can put a shoe on, walk and drive on day 3. I suffered for years before I found out about colcrys, and spent many attacks in horrible pain, in the military, where all I could do was lace up my combat boots and soldier on. I tried the "home remedies" with NO relief."

JD Hall September 11, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "... but my side effects from colchicine were terrible - the doc had put me on 2 x 5mg and then 5mg every 6 hours. 24 hours later I had spontaneous diarrhoea and vomiting for 36 hours - unable to eat much and a terrible time. I wanted to warn everyone about the side effects. New research says the most effective AND least toxic dose for colchicine is only 2 tablets and then 1 one hour after flare ups. "

Mike Aussie July 31, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Hi all thought I'd leave a wee something. 8 weeks ago suffered a 1st metatarsal break on my left foot was in a boot for 5 weeks towards. The end of the 5 weeks I felt pain in exact position on my right foot that I had with left got checked out at docs they took bloods turns out gout by this time I'm walking like a penguin "

D MAC Glasgow July 19, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Extremely prolonged first attack of gout. Repeat visits to GP, prescribed various drugs then colchicine. Only 4 day course. Worked within a day. Pure relief! Side effects: really sudden diarrhoea which lasted 24 hours. Benefits definitely outweigh side effects."

Dulcimar July 13, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Doc loaded me up heavy on day one. The morning of day 2 I can walk again without wishing death upon all of humanity. I'm taking a sustained dose now of twice a day. I've been dealing with shoot through a screen door green apple diarrhea but the pain is going. Gonna stay hydrated. Feel night and day better. Tried cherries, Apple cider vinegar, and nsaids leading up to this one. First time using Cochicine. Does the job and quickly."

Gutcramp68106 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Safe for weekly consumption? One tablet 0.5mg per day."

Tekku January 8, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "Colcrys works for Gout flares. Allopurinol barely gets half of Gout patients' uric acid down to where they stop having flares. Use Uloric 40mg to lower your Uric acid further than allopurinol could so you DONT have flares anymore because there will be less Uric acid in the body and therefore it won't be stuck in your joints hurting you. It's free each month if your Dr writes 90-days and you use the Uloric copay savings card "

Goutguy November 14, 2016

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "My 3 year old takes it everyday and it works."

Mom FMF November 7, 2016

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Hello everybody i have chronic gout and osteoarthritis had it for 15 years and am going thru a bad gout attack today right ankle joint feels like somebody busted a empty bottle and broken glass inside my cartilage it is the most pain imagined not even 30 mg hydrocodone helps ,this is my 40th or so attacks in my life lost count. main cause for me was uric acid caused by drinking beer for many years i never learned .yea i took just about everything from several meds indomethacin,diflonec,allopurinol curently and today colcrys x3 pills which will knock it out here in about few hours ,drink plenty water and yea diarrea to flush out comes with it ,i have cut out drinking for over 6 weeks and just one six pack one day and Bamm!!full blown gout"

Budnotweiser November 3, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Best drug for gout is indomethacin if your stomach can handle it. Colcrys works for some people but it is basically useless for a lot of people. I still use it because my rheumatologist pushes the issue despite the fact that I tell him it's not doing a darn thing for me."

Thomas T. October 26, 2016

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I have suffered with an acute gout attack for the first time and my doctor gave me Colcrys. I am nearly pain free in less than 24 hours. I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to the doctor."

Dellap (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "Improvement started immediately after starting medication. Complete return to normal function after 6 months on medication. Current dose 1.8 mg daily. Stomach issues, which may have been from extensive antibiotic use prior to correct diagnosis, were resolved with Culturelle Probiotic and recognizing lactose intolerance. This drug did cause lactose intolerance."

B. October 6, 2016

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Had a bad flare up of gout in my let foot. Dr. prescribed Colcrys and after three days I had no relief from the pain, swelling or burning, but I did have terrible nausea and diahrrea. Doctor then switched me to Indomethacine and within hours the pain started to subside. Now, two days later, I'm about 80% back to normal."

Jxnray7 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016