User Reviews for Naprosyn

Naprosyn has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 34 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 16% reported a negative experience.

Pain
10.0
Summary of Naprosyn reviews 7.2 34 reviews

Reviews for Naprosyn

BAD_BA · May 6, 2014

For Sciatica: “This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to.”

feh · December 30, 2015

For Back Pain: “I had been suffering with sciatica for a number of years, when it suddenly worsened. I started getting shooting pains and severe weakness in both of my legs. After one dose of 500mg I was able to sit comfortably and walk without the worry of one of my legs giving out from under me”

GeorgieBoy · December 10, 2014

For Back Pain: “I've been using this medicine on & off for 25 years. I get muscle spasms every few years & virtually drop to the floor with pain. 2 to 3 days with this stuff & I'm back swinging again. Better than Forte or Voltaren by a long shot.”

Anonymous · November 3, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I've had RA for 4 years. 500mg naproxen tablets were my first treatment. They definitely helped the day get better and be able to function daily. However, they did not stop the morning stiffness and pain or the build up of inflamation in my body. I definitely needed a more serious drug to stop the progression of the disease.”

kristaphee · March 16, 2014

For Pain: “I had ongoing pain and swelling for a full year after knee surgery to repair three rips in my right knee. It felt like bone rubbing on bone, felt hot to the touch with swelling After going through narcotics and Motrin for swelling, I worked on accepting that I would be dealing with this for a long time as a chronic condition. After my 1st dose of 500 mg of Naprosyn, it was a Godsend. For the 1st time in a year, my knee actually felt normal.”

keenekid · June 9, 2009

For Tendonitis: “I was amazed at how quickly my pain was reduced, after just 3 doses of Naprosyn. I had suffered from the pain of tendonitis in my thumb/hand for 5 weeks before taking the medicine. Of course I wish I had seen the doctor weeks ago.”

Starman37 · February 14, 2013

For Tendonitis: “Fell onto my shoulder off my sons skate board, initially felt no discomfort, but my shoulder a week or so after began to become painful, enough to stop me swimming. Waited 3 months for it to go, no reduction on pain, went to doctor who prescribed Naprosyn within a day or two pain had eased, carried on for 2 weeks and now swim regularly, very slight discomfort but take remaining pills as and when needed, but discomfort so small rarely have to take them. Negatives, I think when taking medication I suffered stomach discomfort.”

North coast · August 11, 2013

For Pain: “Had a pain in left knee develop rather quickly. I am 70 and Dr. said was most likely arthritis. Prescribed Naproxyn and it worked very well for that knee. I have a bad right knee also that has been bad for 30 years and is getting worse. I hoped it would too get some relief but it has not. Curious about that. No noticeable side effects.”

snowey · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 23, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “After 3 years on naprosyn 500 one a day I started to get irritable anxious finding fault all the time about stupid things. As soon as I stopped I was normal again . I don't know what tablet to take now as I am very sensitive to a lot of drugs.”

Antony · Taken for less than 1 month · July 29, 2021

For Pain: “I am compelled to review about this medicine , I was suffering from severe joint pain ( knee, ankle, wrist ). I got the treatment from several doctors, in several Hospitals at different place ,I was getting relief but only for few months and after few months I used to same pain. I suffered approximately 10 years from this pain . Finally or you can say luckily I had treatment from one of Doctors from his private clinic in Chennai , and he wrote only this TABLETS along with OCID 20. and now I am 100 % free from pain since last 7 years . I am very grateful to that Doctor and this medicine . One of my acquaintance was suffering from same kinds of pain and I suggested him to take the same tablet and now he is all right. Once again thanks a lot to this tablet and that Doctor”

Harsha · Taken for less than 1 month · November 26, 2021

For Sciatica: “I tried Naprosyn 500 mg.. not worked.. Take mobizax (diclofenac+chlorzaxazone )1-0-1, mecocel pg (methylcobalamine1500mg+pregablin75mg SR)0-0-1.@7PM.. RABICEL DSR (OR) ANY GASTRIC TABLET BEFORE FOOD 1-0-1.. This is very effective sciatica medicine thanks. If you are still facing problems kindly visit your doctor.”

sandylns · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 1, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: “This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects.”

In lotsofpain · April 11, 2014

For Back Pain: “This medicine is not helping at all. My back pain seems to be getting worse not better.”

Skikt22 · September 1, 2015

For Gout, Acute: “Naproxen is the only thing that will make my gout subside when I have an attack.”

1947model · December 11, 2008

For Osteoarthritis: “I can certainly tell a difference when I don't take Naprosyn. I take 500 mg twice a day if needed.”

Anonymous · May 8, 2009

For Pain: “I use it for long-term muscle swelling and back discomfort. It works pretty good for the most part, it doesn't fix all the pain, but it definitely makes it more tolerable.”

Anonymous · October 7, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “Helped the inflammation and pain, but gave me insomnia.”

smilesandsunhine · February 5, 2009

For Tendonitis: “In 2 doses my pain was at a 2 and the use of my arms were at 90%.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 28, 2012

For Back Pain: “Made a big difference in my hip and knee pain”

Rhino747 · Taken for less than 1 month · October 11, 2012

For Back Pain: “Back pain from accident squared away after second dose. The pain went all the way to my foot and up my back into my neck and shoulder. Just started medicine today!!! 10/11/2012”

Cos P · May 27, 2015

For Muscle Pain: “Works well in the long term, not for immediate pain relief.”

Les123 · December 6, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “Did its job but made me lethargic.”

JAMES H · February 25, 2009

For Costochondritis: “It helps a lot. Try to avoid prolonged use. Side effects can be severe.”

Frmarty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 7, 2013

For Tendonitis: “I have Achilles tendonitis and this does not relieve the pain too much.”

Anonymous · December 8, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This medicine made a great difference overnight for me.”