User Reviews for Aleve

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aleve.

Costochondritis

3.5

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Summary of Aleve reviews 6.6 92 reviews

Reviews for Aleve

For Period Pain "Aleve has been a miracle drug for me. I’m not one to write reviews on anything but I can tell you from my experience today that I was in so much pain from menstrual cramps that I was crying. I took two extra strength Tylenol and it took two hours to work and when it did work I still felt a lot of pain but still not as much as before. Then, I took two Aleve and it completely knocked it out."

Hildie89 November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Does nothing may as well take sugar pills"

Pog October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "It seems like other OTC pain relief pills work much better, e.g. ibruprofen, aspirin, tylonol. I just try to get by on one aleve taken around 5 a.m. because I take four other pills each day at 5 p.m. I have just experienced several days with dizzyness. Don't know if it's connected to taking Aleve but will address it with my family doctor."

Ivoon September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Costochondritis "Been taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen three times a day for 12 days per docs order with little relief for Chostocondritis and back pain. Getting pretty bummed out so decided to try Aleve (not generic - the time release isn't the same) and within hours had relief. Finally able to sit comfortably!"

KellyBellyBoo August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "No more effective or longer lasting than aspirin."

My nickname is not in use (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Had my knee pop and pain was horrid. Could not walk; took 2 Aleve, then there was no pain could walk much better. Glad for such a wonderful medicine."

Walt W. April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute "Slight pain reduction. But really not worth noting. It's the colcrys that really nips it in the bud when I feel an attack coming on. I've tried the aleeve a couple times when I didn't have the other media on hand. Just didn't seem to do much. Same for any other Naproxin sodium product."

Mike Mc Mickerson 54398 February 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "Aleve is great for back pain.I take one pill in the morning. And one at night before bed time.no pain at all.That's what my M.D. told me to take.thanks Aleve .great job"

Big kj December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have R.A and I was skeptical at first but I was in so much pain in my wrist and hand I wanted to scream. Well I took a 250 mg Aleve and it took 2 hours to kick in but I must say thank goodness for Aleve. I still feel a small amount of discomfort but its nothing that will interfere with my day, I recommend this. Normally I take Tylenol but I think I like Aleve better. My first time taking it. Put it this way it won't hurt to try and I'm glad I did."

Mona Lisa December 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "Aleve made me itch from head to toe within 30 minutes of taking 2 pills. It was the absolute worst experience. The pain was more tolerable than the itch."

Prissyd (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica "I took 2 pills (220mg each) in the morning and it may take 1-2 hour before the pain is completely gone. I've sciatica on my right leg from lower back down to the bottom of my feet. Tickling & numbness besides the pain each morning. First thing I did was taking 2 pills immediately. I also practice yoga regularly..., I'm so grateful to discover Aleve for sciatica! Will take it as long as my sciatica is here..."

Yogivino (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Hi everyone I'm 42 I just had all my teeth pulled on Oct 6 ,2016. I was in severe pain Felt like my mouth was butchard I took a bottle pain relievers in two days no help so I get a bottle of Aleve 12 hour let me tell you it stopped my pain I was so relieved so the meds said take two than 1 every 4 hours so I bought a bottle of extra strength Tylenol and I would take the aleve every four hours and 30 minutes later I would take the 0ne Tylenol extra strength Works perfect today is my 4 day I feel great thanks Aleve"

greeneyes 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "Two days ago I was getting out of my car . I slipped on the gravel, twisting and slipping the lower discs in my back. For two days I haven't been able to move without excruciating pain . I have been crying for two days I've taken Advil, Tylenol, Motrin muscle relaxers. Just a few hours ago my friend cones over hands me two aleves and some warm water. Within 30minutes I'm not lying the pain is gone. Thank you aleve, i promise to pass the word of your greatness."

Breanzelle September 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica "Save your money. Might as well take a baby aspirin. Extra strength Advil Liquid Gels, or Tylenol Arthritis work 10 times better."

JSF130 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "Not as good as THC but very effective for me. One wants a solution that allows your mind to not constantly be aware of pain. This does the job for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain "Aleve is the only pain killer that really helps. I used to take a double dose of extra strong Midol and it would last me maybe 4 hours. With the Aleve I take 1 every 11-12 hours and I am good for the day."

Ang101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "It does help a bit on stiffness and swelling. Please be sure to drink plenty of water as it can rise your creatine levels and lead to kidney problems if you don't stay hydrated."

JBK62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Dear Aleve, Your packaging is a total fail. I had to take the pliers to the bottle to get into it (it's very accommodating now) then had to take my contacts out and hunt out some reading glasses to see how many pills to take for a dose. The newly swallowed pills have not yet worked on the pain, so I have no way of deciding - at this point - if your product is worth the bother."

cricket0524 April 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica "Had been on prescription strength Naproxen for 6 days before I decided I didn't feel a benefit. Took nothing for 2 days and then bought Aleve 220 mg per pill and took 2. Not sure what the difference was but have noticed more relief from the constant discomfort while walking."

LamarrG April 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute "Well I went to the ER, they diagnosed me with gout. They gave me a prescription that was $45 for 20 pills! Pharmacist told about Aleve. I bought it for $7.99/100 pills. Best choice ever, no regrets"

anritamarie February 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute "I took aleve during a gout attack. I could not really say that it helped my swelling or the pain. I ended up taking some advil to relieve the pain."

Tampa-rob February 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "Didn't help at all, it did give me terrible heart burn though."

kasinwonderland January 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "I have severe scoliosis so my pain is pretty strong most days. My doctor recommended Aleve so I take 2 caplets (440mg) and there is a bit less pain for a few hours. The package says it works for 8-12 hours, but I'm lucky if it stretches out to 5. Takes my pain from a 7 (out of 10) to a 3 or 4. And then I can't drink for another 8 hours which is no fun."

Steeeeve January 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "It does absolutely nothing for my pain."

Itsmemom (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica "Aleve heavily advertised for 12 hour pain relief. Also recommended by a friend. Tried as desperate for all day pain relief from sciatic nerve. No effect whatsoever, persevered for a week, no relief, even with recommended stretching."

Vixmum (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015