User Reviews for Aleve

3.5

Summary of Aleve reviews 7.0 120 reviews

Reviews for Aleve

syd · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

For Headache "It helped my headache just a little. I really need to find a better headache medicine."

deedles · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2019

For Period Pain "This medicine works excellent for my period pain. Ibuprofen works good, but not as good as Aleve does. I am very happy. I never tried it for my headaches."

Hannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2019

For Period Pain "Aleve takes away almost all of the pain. More helpful than any other drug or method I’ve tried to help with period pain."

sparta197 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2019

For Period Pain "Aleve is the ONLY drug that has worked for my horrible period pain!"

tommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

For Pain "I broke my wrist. There was a terrible amount of swelling in my entire hand. The was pain just touching it. I started taking Aleve. Two pills a day and the swelling went down in my fingers and thumb. I started taking three a day(the maximum) and the swelling went down in the back of my hand. I can see my knuckles for the first time in three months. I can start get strength in the hand to go back to work."

ken · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

For Back Pain "I have been taking norco 5mg a day for a bad lower back pain and of course this really did remove all pain. But many countries don't have this drug so my pharmacy said to try Aleve. I was so surprised that I still can't believe that it took 95% of my pain away. I travel with Aleve and won't have problems in bringing drugs into other countries."

Bunny · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2019

For Period Pain "I've never had a bad experience with Aleve for period pain. I take it before my period even starts but if I do get cramps the day of, I can pop one, take a nap, and the pain is gone!"

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

For Period Pain "I have stage 4 Endometriosis and in turn have terrible period cramps. I took Advil for years, but found that it always made me nauseous and just feel really out of it. I finally took the suggestion on my friends who has bad period pain and took Aleve. I take 2 at the first sign of cramps and find that the relief lasts awhile. I use to take 4 extra strength liquid advils in 24 hours, now I can take 1-2 regular Aleves' and I don't get nauseous or feel weird."

Danny · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 15, 2019

For Tendonitis "Aleve is fantastic for tendonitis in my Achilles' tendons. You'd have a fight on your hands if you took my Aleve away from me! :)"

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Back Pain "Aleve back and muscle pills are garbage they don't work. Purchased the product twice and both times they did nothing even after taking 3 both times straight garbage should discontinue product rip off with a hyped up name."

1_kat_ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2018

For Headache "Took 3 Aleve liqued gels within 2 hrs and it progressive made my headache worse and I had an event to go to later that evening too. Not very reliable. Advil works more effectively even if I have to take 3+"

Lee October 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "2013/14 took 2 Aleve every a.m. for knees. I found myself feeling weak - like going to pass out. Went to primary next day. Checked blood count and did the rectal blood. Told my SO to get me to emergency now. Blood count 7 and needed transfusion. Had endoscopy. Released after 3 days -blood normal. Told to see gastro upon my release. Over the next week had colonoscopy, intestinal exam, and lastly capsule endoscopy - swallow a small capsule camera to film 8 hours going through my body. Dr and I reviewed the results. Three places in intestines indicated bleeding - I could see them. He asked me food or meds I was taking - Aleve had caused the bleeding as it is a NSAID. I can't take any NSAID and nothing with aspirin in it or I may bleed. So now I basically live w/o taking anything for pain. ALEVE - Read the package - very small print - may cause BLEEDING."

shukrani12 · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2018

For Period Pain "This is my first time using Aleve and it has worked wonders for me. I cannot believe how well it has worked so far! I have had severe cramps since I was 12 years and have tried so many pain relievers that haven't worked so well. I took 2 pills about 20 minutes after I started cramping and 20 minutes later, I was all good! For 24 hours! The third day is usually my worst but I took two pills and I was good for about 17 hours then I took 1 pill and I was good for another 9 hours. And it doesn't make me nauseated! So glad I found this, I just hope it keeps on working like this."

Pud · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have AS and have been in a flare up for about a week now. Hurting from my pelvis to my feet, it was causing extreme difficulty with walking. Haven’t wanted people to notice the few times I’ve had to get out of the house so would walk decently with excruciating pain. My feet have been hurting everywhere, with painful throbbing and stabbing pain with every step. I have been feeling “shocks” in my left hip area with my steps, almost sending me to the floor at times. Last night, after I got in bed, the throbbing pain was keeping me awake so I got up and took two Aleve gel tabs. Within 30 min, while lying in bed, I noticed the throbbing had stopped. Upon awakening and standing I was much better. I could not believe the difference in my gait with my pain level dropping significantly today. I feel so much better now! Thank goodness"

Smw · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

For Sciatica "I have been taking Ibuprofen for years but only helped a little I saw commercial for Aleve and thought I would try What a difference in my back pain and sciatica. It even took down the inflammation in my hands"

Dd · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

For Gout, Acute "I took one aleve pill and with in 10 minutes it helped my body regulate the severe symptoms. I am happy about aleve , I have not tried any other medicine yet."

Isabell22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2018

For Period Pain "I too cannot believe how well Aleve works! I've had bad cramps, pain and misery that lasted for two days, interrupting my life every month and giving a feeling of dread each time 'that time' approached. My sister mentioned recently that Aleve helped her, so I tried it. For the second month now, I am able to function with pretty mild symptoms! It's a miracle. So happy to have found this!! Wish I'd known about it 10 years ago, to think the suffering was so simply solved. So grateful."

Mail girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 28, 2018

For Pain "As a mail carrier, I walk 11 miles a day for the last 22 years. Inflammation in my knees has really affected me, making my day difficult and painful to get the job done. 2 Aleve gelcaps work WONDERS and in less than 10 minutes!"

Rhonda · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2018

For Back Pain "Relieved back pain but resulted in bad heartburn"

Jazz · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 21, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "For at least 7 years, I have taken one aleve before going to sleep every night for osteoarthritis pain in my lower back. It has worked marvellously. Unfortunately I can no longer take Aleve as I have stage 3 kidney disease which my doctor is attributing to long term usage of Aleve. I now take a low dosage Tylenol but it does not work near as well as the Aleve ..."

sissie69 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2018

For Sciatica "For several years I took Bayer Back & Body for my chronic back/sciatica pain (2 tabs, 2x day). I found very little relief. I recently started taking Aleve Back & Muscle Pain..This is my third day using Aleve Back & Muscle Pain...What a difference in just 3 days!!! I take 1 tab in the morning and it last all day!! The pain/burning sensation in my back/leg has reduced sufficiently. Thank You Aleve!!!"

Alice April 24, 2018

For Pain "I have never taken Aleve before. Dr recommended for my trigger finger (inflammation) it did help. Took the round blue pill 220mg one after dinner. 4 tables in four days. I’m stopping it today as I got a sore throat out of the blues. Could it be a reaction.. ? I’m pretty healthy and I know taking medications is not my forte. Still I know it did help."

Jimmy Alex January 17, 2018

For Headache "I took a first dose of two like instructed for body pain and gave me an instant horrible headache that has lingered a bit."

Lmc98 December 22, 2017

For Period Pain "Soon as I feel a little cramping coming on when my period starts I take 2 aleves and my cramps are gone for majority of the day if not the whole day."

Julian Paul · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2017

For Pain "Of the various OTC pain medications I have tried, Aleve has worked the best. Though I'm not so much of a stickler when it comes to only buying name brands (oftentimes I've found that generics work just fine), I find that the name-brand Aleve has more of a positive effect for me than generic naproxen. Nevertheless, I keep a bottle of Aleve nearby at all times. It truly helps."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)