User Reviews for Aleve

Frozen Shoulder
3.5

Summary of Aleve reviews 6.9 109 reviews

Reviews for Aleve

For Osteoarthritis "2013/14 took 2 Aleve every a.m. for knees. I found myself feeling weak - like going to pass out. Went to primary next day. Checked blood count and did the rectal blood. Told my SO to get me to emergency now. Blood count 7 and needed transfusion. Had endoscopy. Released after 3 days -blood normal. Told to see gastro upon my release. Over the next week had colonoscopy, intestinal exam, and lastly capsule endoscopy - swallow a small capsule camera to film 8 hours going through my body. Dr and I reviewed the results. Three places in intestines indicated bleeding - I could see them. He asked me food or meds I was taking - Aleve had caused the bleeding as it is a NSAID. I can't take any NSAID and nothing with aspirin in it or I may bleed. So now I basically live w/o taking anything for pain. ALEVE - Read the package - very small print - may cause BLEEDING."

Lee October 8, 2018

For Period Pain "This is my first time using Aleve and it has worked wonders for me. I cannot believe how well it has worked so far! I have had severe cramps since I was 12 years and have tried so many pain relievers that haven't worked so well. I took 2 pills about 20 minutes after I started cramping and 20 minutes later, I was all good! For 24 hours! The third day is usually my worst but I took two pills and I was good for about 17 hours then I took 1 pill and I was good for another 9 hours. And it doesn't make me nauseated! So glad I found this, I just hope it keeps on working like this."

shukrani12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have AS and have been in a flare up for about a week now. Hurting from my pelvis to my feet, it was causing extreme difficulty with walking. Haven’t wanted people to notice the few times I’ve had to get out of the house so would walk decently with excruciating pain. My feet have been hurting everywhere, with painful throbbing and stabbing pain with every step. I have been feeling “shocks” in my left hip area with my steps, almost sending me to the floor at times. Last night, after I got in bed, the throbbing pain was keeping me awake so I got up and took two Aleve gel tabs. Within 30 min, while lying in bed, I noticed the throbbing had stopped. Upon awakening and standing I was much better. I could not believe the difference in my gait with my pain level dropping significantly today. I feel so much better now! Thank goodness"

Pud (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Sciatica "I have been taking Ibuprofen for years but only helped a little I saw commercial for Aleve and thought I would try What a difference in my back pain and sciatica. It even took down the inflammation in my hands"

Smw (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Gout, Acute "I took one aleve pill and with in 10 minutes it helped my body regulate the severe symptoms. I am happy about aleve , I have not tried any other medicine yet."

Dd (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Period Pain "I too cannot believe how well Aleve works! I've had bad cramps, pain and misery that lasted for two days, interrupting my life every month and giving a feeling of dread each time 'that time' approached. My sister mentioned recently that Aleve helped her, so I tried it. For the second month now, I am able to function with pretty mild symptoms! It's a miracle. So happy to have found this!! Wish I'd known about it 10 years ago, to think the suffering was so simply solved. So grateful."

Isabell22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Pain "As a mail carrier, I walk 11 miles a day for the last 22 years. Inflammation in my knees has really affected me, making my day difficult and painful to get the job done. 2 Aleve gelcaps work WONDERS and in less than 10 minutes!"

Mail girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2018

For Back Pain "Relieved back pain but resulted in bad heartburn"

Rhonda (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "For at least 7 years, I have taken one aleve before going to sleep every night for osteoarthritis pain in my lower back. It has worked marvellously. Unfortunately I can no longer take Aleve as I have stage 3 kidney disease which my doctor is attributing to long term usage of Aleve. I now take a low dosage Tylenol but it does not work near as well as the Aleve ..."

Jazz (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2018

For Sciatica "For several years I took Bayer Back & Body for my chronic back/sciatica pain (2 tabs, 2x day). I found very little relief. I recently started taking Aleve Back & Muscle Pain..This is my third day using Aleve Back & Muscle Pain...What a difference in just 3 days!!! I take 1 tab in the morning and it last all day!! The pain/burning sensation in my back/leg has reduced sufficiently. Thank You Aleve!!!"

sissie69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Pain "I have never taken Aleve before. Dr recommended for my trigger finger (inflammation) it did help. Took the round blue pill 220mg one after dinner. 4 tables in four days. I’m stopping it today as I got a sore throat out of the blues. Could it be a reaction.. ? I’m pretty healthy and I know taking medications is not my forte. Still I know it did help."

Alice April 24, 2018

For Headache "I took a first dose of two like instructed for body pain and gave me an instant horrible headache that has lingered a bit."

Jimmy Alex January 17, 2018

For Period Pain "Soon as I feel a little cramping coming on when my period starts I take 2 aleves and my cramps are gone for majority of the day if not the whole day."

Lmc98 December 22, 2017

For Pain "Of the various OTC pain medications I have tried, Aleve has worked the best. Though I'm not so much of a stickler when it comes to only buying name brands (oftentimes I've found that generics work just fine), I find that the name-brand Aleve has more of a positive effect for me than generic naproxen. Nevertheless, I keep a bottle of Aleve nearby at all times. It truly helps."

Julian Paul (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2017

For Pain "I cracked a molar vertically into TWO pieces. After the initial two days (wherein a strong muscle relaxant was added to the mix) two Aleve for each dose kept me comfortable (nearly pain free unless I chewed on it) until I could get my quotes for a dental implant and get the offending tooth extracted. I am post extraction as of today and again, two Aleve per dose has allowed me to bypass the opiod pain management ALTOGETHER! Highly pleased and will keep Aleve as my go to pain intervention for intense pain wherein speed of results is the only option. "

Ms_Chrys (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Pain "I had a toe injury and I took Aleve extra strength. Let me just say, this was the best decision I could have made. I went from not being able to walk in the morning, to jumping off a stage. I HIGHLY recommend Aleve. I have never been so impressed with a medication. I wish I could shoot a commercial for Aleve because they deserve it."

graciesmith4410 December 1, 2017

For Gout, Acute "Aleve really worked for me with my toe swelling for the gout and the relief was very fast for me. It is Awesome"

The Marine (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

For Period Pain "Aleve has been a miracle drug for me. I’m not one to write reviews on anything but I can tell you from my experience today that I was in so much pain from menstrual cramps that I was crying. I took two extra strength Tylenol and it took two hours to work and when it did work I still felt a lot of pain but still not as much as before. Then, I took two Aleve and it completely knocked it out."

Hildie89 November 14, 2017

For Pain "Does nothing may as well take sugar pills"

Pog October 14, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "It seems like other OTC pain relief pills work much better, e.g. ibruprofen, aspirin, tylonol. I just try to get by on one aleve taken around 5 a.m. because I take four other pills each day at 5 p.m. I have just experienced several days with dizzyness. Don't know if it's connected to taking Aleve but will address it with my family doctor."

Ivoon September 16, 2017

For Costochondritis "Been taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen three times a day for 12 days per docs order with little relief for Chostocondritis and back pain. Getting pretty bummed out so decided to try Aleve (not generic - the time release isn't the same) and within hours had relief. Finally able to sit comfortably!"

KellyBellyBoo August 23, 2017

For Pain "No more effective or longer lasting than aspirin."

My nickname is not in use (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

For Pain "Had my knee pop and pain was horrid. Could not walk; took 2 Aleve, then there was no pain could walk much better. Glad for such a wonderful medicine."

Walt W. April 11, 2017

For Gout, Acute "Slight pain reduction. But really not worth noting. It's the colcrys that really nips it in the bud when I feel an attack coming on. I've tried the aleeve a couple times when I didn't have the other media on hand. Just didn't seem to do much. Same for any other Naproxin sodium product."

Mike Mc Mickerson 54398 February 17, 2017

For Back Pain "Aleve is great for back pain.I take one pill in the morning. And one at night before bed time.no pain at all.That's what my M.D. told me to take.thanks Aleve .great job"

Big kj December 16, 2016