User Reviews for Aleve

Learn more about Aleve.

Aleve Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Gout, Acute

"Well I went to the ER, they diagnosed me with gout. They gave me a prescription that was $45 for 20 pills! Pharmacist told about Aleve. I bought it for $7.99/100 pills. Best choice ever, no regrets"

anritamarie February 21, 2016

"I took aleve during a gout attack. I could not really say that it helped my swelling or the pain. I ended up taking some advil to relieve the pain."

Tampa-rob February 12, 2016

"like the previous person mention, I'm a strong believer of aleve, it works faster for my gout than the prescription meds I take. No more going to the doctor for refills.....Aleve works!"

Peewee 43 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2015

"I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it."

Drakester 64 May 20, 2014

"I suffer from gout in my feet periodically because I do not take preventative medicines. My last bout I tried Tylenol extra strength first and got no relief. I switched to Aleve gel caps and immediately felt the pain decrease. I am a believer and also an Aleveir, thanks a lot."

im a aleveir May 23, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Worked very well. Felt the pain intensifying, got the Aleve a few hours later, started with 2 tablets then 1 every 8 hours. Will do this for a few days. Very rapid relief of Gout big toe pain."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Really worked for me. I had significant pain and inflamation of my big toe. Symptoms were getting worse until I took Aleve. Almost immediate (1/2 hr) relief from pain and within one day of use the pain was gone and by the 2nd day the swelling was reduced."

Anonymous February 24, 2010

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"At the first sign of Gout I pop two Aleve Liquid Gels. Usually is enough to kill it. I'll sometimes chase it with tylenol arthritis if I wake up in the morning with a full blown attack. Good partial fix if you can't get to the doctor for prednisone or any other gout medication."

bad_gout August 17, 2008

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate