User Reviews for Aleve (Page 5)

Costochondritis 10.0
Frozen Shoulder 3.5
Summary of Aleve reviews 7.1 130 reviews

Reviews for Aleve

Anonymous November 22, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I started taking Aleve for my Arthritis in my hand and the pain was gone but after taking it for about 8 days I noticed swelling in my feet, which was abnormal for me. I am 34 and in good health and have never had swollen feet. I then noticed the next day my feet and hands were swollen. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized I was allergic to the Aleve. I stopped taking it and haven't had swelling since.”

Runnie2 October 30, 2011

For Back Pain: “Two Aleve a day helped my back pain, but over time it affected my stomach. My gastroenterologist knew immediately what my problem was and I've stopped Aleve entirely. I had almost a year of constant nausea and pain until I quit taking Aleve.”

Anonymous August 20, 2011

For Headache: “Caused vomiting and gave me worst headache.”

bethmed August 12, 2011

For Period Pain: “This medicine saved me. Starting about the age of 15 I began to experience menstrual cramps for the first time. It was the very worst pain I had ever felt at that time. Not content to only hurt in my lower abdomen the pain radiated all the way down the front of my legs to my ankles. I couldn't sit still. All I could do was pace back and forth crying. I couldn't find a single pain reliever that worked; we had the usual in the house, aspirin, ibuprofen, even Midol. Finally my mother became so worried she took me to the doctor. I thought I was going to have to be on some kind of strong prescription medication. What does he do, he returns to the room with about 50 samples of Aleve and it has been my miracle drug ever since.”

tm6438 April 26, 2011

For Back Pain: “Really good at back pain relief, but after extended use [ I have 2 ruptured discs] my skin started to tear easily, but I was in my 30's at the time. So I don't use for long periods but occasional usage is fine.”

Anonymous March 19, 2011

For Frozen Shoulder: “One every 8 hours dulls the pain but sufficient dosage to kill the pain elicits some skin and stomach side effects.”

xxlane January 27, 2011

For Back Pain: “Doesn't help my back pain.”

Anonymous September 30, 2010

For Pain: “I love Aleve, but people should talk to their doctor first. I have sometimes severe pain in my toes and severe headaches from TMJ, and the Aleve significantly cuts down on my pain from both. Don't forget to talk to your doctor because risk of stomach bleeding and risk of heart attack rises with some users.”

Anonymous August 12, 2010

For Back Pain: “I love Aleve! It makes all my lower back pain disappear, I feel like a new person.”

Anonymous June 12, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “My hip and shoulder have hurt for years and I have always taken Bayer aspirin and I tried Aleve arthritis gelcap. To my surprise the pain in my hip and shoulder went away for 8 hours. The only thing I don't know is how long I could take the stuff, the bottle said do not take for longer than 10 days. The warning label about it could cause stroke or heart attack did raise questions.”

Anonymous February 24, 2010

For Gout, Acute: “Really worked for me. I had significant pain and inflamation of my big toe. Symptoms were getting worse until I took Aleve. Almost immediate (1/2 hr) relief from pain and within one day of use the pain was gone and by the 2nd day the swelling was reduced.”

bigtruckerbm February 20, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I just starting to take Aleve, I take one every morning. So far no bad side effects. It sure has improve my joint pain and stiffness.”

SIVASP February 9, 2010

For Back Pain: “Good.”

Anonymous January 10, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Killed my stomach. Never had problems before taking this and I took Aleve with food.”

freebiedee December 4, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I take one Aleve in the morning, one at night and can't believe the relief I've experienced from painful, arthritic knees.”

Lansingite November 18, 2009

For Sciatica: “A surgeon recommended that I have a procedure to deal with the effects of several ruptured disks in my lower back. I prefer to put off the surgery for as long as I can, and use Aleve on an almost daily basis. It works just fine for me, and I only have an incident about every 1.5 years, and usually because I overdo the yard work. When it gets very bad, I supplement with an anti spasmodic drug for a few days.”

Broomy, OBX nc October 29, 2009

For Tendonitis: “Aleve helped with pain. Took 1 pilll after dinner but had bad side effects. Stomach pain really sharp, bloating, diarrhea, my intestines were making noises , runny bloody stools. Pain was unbearable. No more Aleve for me.”

jadou August 29, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been using Aleve for about 6 months. This medicine helps relieve all my aches and pains. I'm 68 and working in food industry. Although I experience severe body and joint pains on a daily basis I take one Aleve on the days I work and can put in 4 to 6 hours pain free. I have not suffered any side effects so far. So far none of the other medicines I have tried have been as effective as Aleve.”

lisa1970 August 27, 2009

For Pain: “I took 2 Aleve after spending a sleepless night with terrible shoulder pain. It starting working within 30 minutes. Within 1 hour, I could rotate my arm in all directions. Pain relief lasted a good 24 to 28 hours before the pain came back. This is a wonderful product!”

sholbrook August 3, 2009

For Headache: “Very few (one, normally) will cure any headache I have had.”

mybackhurtz July 31, 2009

For Back Pain: “I took 2 for lower back pain, definitely muscle and it didn't really help.”

Pamster55 June 30, 2009

For Back Pain: “Works well for back, shoulder and knee pain”

GGGGGGGG June 22, 2009

For Back Pain: “Aleve worked very well for my neck and back pain but I had side effects... shortness of breath, feeling faint, and my tongue started to swell. I stopped the medicine and was okay the next day.”

WarmIce52 June 6, 2009

For Headache: “Only thing that works for me.”

darbrite March 16, 2009

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This medication seems to help the pain, but causes upset stomach and ringing in ears.”